ATI Employee Reviews in United States

Not too technical
Operator (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAMarch 12, 2016
12 hour day rotating shifts.
Non union so you may get hired for one job but they can change you to whatever other job they want or need you to work. You may never work the job you were actually hired for.
Hard physical work
small staff
Pay is good but schedule is difficult to get accustomed to.
A few good folks, but problems don't get pushed up to the right level for resolution.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
12 hour rotating shifts
beware
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAFebruary 8, 2016
Good co-workers daily routine was varied Management never around for break downs but first to question decisions made to correct problems they put out job plans but don't know how to do the jobs put the jobs out there but half the time don't have parts to fix them Hardest part of the job trying to figure out what they want done
Pros
good pay
Cons
6 to 7 days aweek 8 to 16 hours aday
Fun place to work
Hardware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Marlboro, MAJanuary 11, 2016
This is where I was introduced to the Console gaming industry. I worked in and eventually ran the hardware lab that was used to bring-up and fully characterize XBOX 360. I designed an accelerated life test test bench that was used to prove new die attach metallurgy wold resolve the Red Ring of Death problem on XBOX.
I was also deeply involved in bring-up of new Graphics modules and assisted in cost reduction efforts as well as characterization.
Pros
Free Bagels every Friday, Best Place I ever worked
Cons
was a decent company at the start with the nice manager but turned into a mess by current manager
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 1, 2016
the owner is a scumbag that charges employees for any little thing. and they send trucks to pick up patients that have no air conditioning in the back whatsoever.
Pros
the list of pros is non existent
Cons
too long to list
good place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  zelinople paMarch 8, 2016
great place to work with great people but management is terrible. one big pro is that you work at you own pace. most of your co workers are easy to get along with.
Pros
overtime always available
Cons
management could be alot better
Lots of opportunity for overtime
Wax Assembler (Current Employee) –  Albany, ORApril 18, 2016
There is consistently work to be done, so I would consider it relatively free from lay offs, but the company does not allow for work / life balance.
Ati job
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, PAJanuary 3, 2016
Great place to work but idled the plant due to economics forced to retire due to this most enjoyable part of the job was troubleshooting problems
Laid back and great employer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atkins, ARSeptember 11, 2015
I was the assist to the Owner of the company, my day included running errands, filing, account adjustments, data entry, filling, answering phone calls, sorting mail, and other assignments as handed out
Great place to learn & contribute
Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 23, 2015
Overall good company to work for.
Company is in business for 25 years so it is stable company.
I enjoyed working here at ATI.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
It is not a start-up company, so no stock options
Great Place to work
Safety Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJune 29, 2015
Very friendly and supportive group of people to work with. Opportunity for growth and advancement. Get a real feel for what engineers do on a day to day basis.
Pros
Great learning environment!
Cons
Pay
Very Productive place to work
millwright (Current Employee) –  Albany, OrMarch 4, 2015
Everyday I check in and inspect equipment, making sure everything is running and in safe condition preforming any maintenance that may be necessary, doing any repair work as required. I've enhanced my maintenance experience as everyday there is something new to learn. I have a great work team and management to help. The best part of any day is when all machinery is up and running and people are able to safely do their job. There really isn't a hard part to this job, I enjoy this type of work so it makes it better for me.
Pros
the benefits i receive make my working here a plus
Cons
sometimes getting the parts we need take a little longer to get
review summary
general associate (Former Employee) –  Ada, OHFebruary 1, 2015
all in all this is a horrible place to work. You never have time with your family. They don't care if you have health problems, they expect you to be at work regardless the situation. They are heartless and will tell you "you are replaceable"
Pros
the people
Cons
everything from time to management
Pretty good work experience with different type of people.
Metal Grinder (Former Employee) –  Ada, OHDecember 10, 2014
A typical day at work for me was pretty good, I learned how to measure different car parts. The management was always on their job and the co workers were pretty friendly. The hardest part of my job was learning how to measure parts but I mostly enjoyed learning it.
Pros
nice, different people
Cons
the hot temperatures
good hours with a great work inviroment
Tool Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXFebruary 10, 2015
a typical day at work was enjoyable, helping student with necessary need to provide them with obtaining the needs to further there education. management was fair to there employees.
Pros
independence
Cons
n/a
Took plant from chapter 11 shut down to profitable
Director of Engineering and Quality Operations (Former Employee) –  Delhi, IAJuly 22, 2014
Early years spent in design made manufacturing easier.
walked plant floor at first shift start and at second shift first hour to identify floor problems.
at daily staff meeting assigned who was to solve each problem by next meeting, system was how we got the savings.

overseas owners was hardest part of job.

Most enjoyable part of job was team building
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
overseas owners
Productive place to be
License Massage therapist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2012
A typical day at work for me is to come to work get along with every body be on time and do my job to the best of my ability . I have learned that if you keep your mouth close do your job properly then people respect you and the work you do. There is no hard part about the job for me because I love what I do.The most enjoyable part of the job is changing people lives from a stress standpoint.
Pros
easy time management
Cons
sometimes you have to wrok through breaks
It is not a fun place to work it is hard work and doesn't leave time for family or anything else
Seamstress (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, KSAugust 14, 2012
It's a long 10 hour day people just do their work but they also like to gossisp which I don't get involved in I think it's disrespectful. It's really not fun and very boring at times.
Pros
they do give a free lunch once a month
Cons
very short breaks, they have a high turn over rate, lots of pressure on your time, it wears you out by 2 in the afternoon, you still have 2 hours left to go, no time left left for anything else, cause you have to be back at 5:30 am
Great and exciting company that producers excellent car parts.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Ada, OHJune 10, 2013
This job is a great job that molded me into a great worker. Working this job helped me pickup more information about car parts in general. The workers around me were very helping with showing new things and picking up different great work skills. This job came natural to me to go along with my skill sets I found this job not very difficult.
Pros
friendly work environment with encouraging team members.
Worked two shift a day 7am-12 noon and then 6pm to 11pm
Instructor in ATI's Electronic System Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 22, 2013
The students were great, and believe 90 % of them were there for an education. As time went on it appeared the people running the school were not really interested in the students education but in the money they were getting. The school was being closed due to filing false information about the graduates.
Good benefits
Franchisee Technology Liaison (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTAugust 8, 2012
Very fast-paced dynamic company to work for.

I learned that no matter how hard I worked, it didn't benefit me in the end.

Poor management

Most of the people were very friendly and I enjoyed them overall
Pros
challenging, friendly people
Cons
no 401k for a year after hire, no open door policies w/ management, and not trustworthy