ATI Employee Reviews

Not a place for afro Americans
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDApril 7, 2017
This is a company that only cares about making money and if you are not one of the good old boys, watch out. You would not think there are still companies out there specially in Maryland and this company brings in 25 million a year.
Pros
The owner is great but not there alot.
Cons
If not their color you will not stand a chance!
Relaxed workplace.
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Dundalk, MDFebruary 8, 2017
Relaxed workplace, is not very stressful. If you are looking to go into the physical therapy field then you will love it.If not you will be bored. Does not pay well for techs. Hours are ok but make it a point to not let you go full time.
Pros
You learn alot from the therapists. Most relaxed and down to Earth people you will ever work with.
Cons
Pay is not good for Rehab Techs.
Fairly laid back
A-Tech (Lead) (Former Employee) –  UtahFebruary 4, 2017
Kept us busy so the shift went by. Learned a lot about the metals manufacturing and refining industry. Lower management was pretty good about listening to our needs, upper management not so much. The hardest part of the job was the rotating shift work and the environment extremes (hot and cold). I really enjoyed the people I worked with and the many things I learned.

It was a great place to work until they shut the plant down. Then they screwed over all of the hard working loyal employees that stayed and helped finish up. I would never work for them again unless they made me an offer to good to pass up.
Tech center Terrible place to work - run, do not apply here
Manager (Former Employee) –  Natrona Heights, PADecember 16, 2016
Only decent thing about ATI was pay and benefits and now they took that away too. My experience there leaves me with nothing positive to say. The office, tech center, works like its still 1970 from the multiple computer systems, to the managers/directors/supervisor management style. Everyone there is walking around miserable waiting to get let go. The lack of communication is the biggest problem with the awful culture a close second.
Benefits
Cons
Old school, boys club, antiquated technology
Good ol boys club
Electron beam operator (Former Employee) –  Richland, WADecember 6, 2016
As a electron beam operator hired off the street, I was expecting what management and had said, a professional, safe, team oriented environment. Exactly oposite, worst case of the inmates running the asylum I've ever seen. If your not a loudmouth drunk don't expect to fit in
Pros
Dupont schedule creates a lot of off time
Cons
Small minded employees and management that doesnt care
Fun job
Builder (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 2, 2016
At this job we had to build firearms and make sure that they were put together properly before they were sent out to the dealer. And then clean up our section for the next weeks order
Pros
Long lunches and plenty if breaks
Cons
The smell of gun powder all day
Good place to work, management seems to be inactive into making company a great place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AlabamaNovember 2, 2016
For the time that i have worked here, i have worked on first and second shift. Second shift supervisor is by far the best supervisor you will ever have. On the other hand bad shift to have a family. First shift has all important management on it with main supervisor being ok but will not solve any on going issues. Other supervisor over building 2,4 causing a lot of work place issues and not a problem solver. He doesn't have skills to solve problems and if your brand new it will be like the blind leading the blind. Crew leads are like some in same typical metal plants, they are good at watching you and reporting on your behaviors, not good at assisting and training other employees... A few have personal problems that interfere with their job performance.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
management problems
Nice change of pace
Certified Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  MidwestNovember 1, 2016
I came from High School / Outreach Setting and feel that the work life balance is very nice! It now allows me to concentrate on being a family man! I enjoy this company!
Pros
Benefits, Cell phone, Computer, Paid time off, Nights and Weekends free! Set Schedule!
Cons
No longer have a front seat to games
Enjoyed type of work
2nd helper (Current Employee) –  Leechburg, PAAugust 8, 2016
Great people trying to earn a living clean but smelly at times long hours hot between furnace but overall great job enjoyed my job which included putting silicone coils on line to be annealed to taking coils off at other end that was annealed job also includes putting strips back together if they broke
Pros
Great income
Cons
No breaks continues run line
Fast past, result driven environment
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasJuly 26, 2016
Student and staff daily interaction, employer friendly, networking, teaching classes and workshops, resume writing, customer services driven
Pros
employee friendly, busy environment
Cons
limited breaks
the company itself had great medical insurance and i was able to get my 40 hours plus at the job i worked on a assembly line which assembled gearshift
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Ada, OHJuly 26, 2016
as for the company they have really great healthcare and the work was steady.I worked on a assembly line that assembled gear shifts it was a clean place I worked with a lot of good people I just had a problem with the management.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
management
Small Company
Space planner (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDJuly 1, 2016
As a small company I was the only one from my company the office as a sub. that was good and bad. Bad when it was time to cut jobs.
Poor management yet good benefits
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 23, 2016
Long hours sometimes 16 hours a day. Though they werent the best management they did pay good. Learned to run wire and safety practices
Decent place to work
Central Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Brackenridge, PAApril 28, 2016
It's a good place to work if you enjoy being taken advantage of in the long run. Without the union the company would run into the ground but with the union it is employing more employees than it needs.
Pros
Good Pay/Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Lots of opportunity for overtime
Wax Assembler (Current Employee) –  Albany, ORApril 18, 2016
There is consistently work to be done, so I would consider it relatively free from lay offs, but the company does not allow for work / life balance.
Not too technical
Operator (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAMarch 12, 2016
12 hour day rotating shifts.
Non union so you may get hired for one job but they can change you to whatever other job they want or need you to work. You may never work the job you were actually hired for.
Hard physical work
small staff
Pay is good but schedule is difficult to get accustomed to.
A few good folks, but problems don't get pushed up to the right level for resolution.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
12 hour rotating shifts
good place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  zelinople paMarch 8, 2016
great place to work with great people but management is terrible. one big pro is that you work at you own pace. most of your co workers are easy to get along with.
Pros
overtime always available
Cons
management could be alot better
was a decent company at the start with the nice manager but turned into a mess by current manager
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 1, 2016
the owner is a scumbag that charges employees for any little thing. and they send trucks to pick up patients that have no air conditioning in the back whatsoever.
Pros
the list of pros is non existent
Cons
too long to list
beware
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAFebruary 8, 2016
Good co-workers daily routine was varied Management never around for break downs but first to question decisions made to correct problems they put out job plans but don't know how to do the jobs put the jobs out there but half the time don't have parts to fix them Hardest part of the job trying to figure out what they want done
Pros
good pay
Cons
6 to 7 days aweek 8 to 16 hours aday
Fun place to work
Hardware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Marlboro, MAJanuary 11, 2016
This is where I was introduced to the Console gaming industry. I worked in and eventually ran the hardware lab that was used to bring-up and fully characterize XBOX 360. I designed an accelerated life test test bench that was used to prove new die attach metallurgy wold resolve the Red Ring of Death problem on XBOX.
I was also deeply involved in bring-up of new Graphics modules and assisted in cost reduction efforts as well as characterization.
Pros
Free Bagels every Friday, Best Place I ever worked
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ATI. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval