Atkins Employee Reviews

good place to work
Principal Designer (Former Employee) –  Richland, WANovember 7, 2017
Great job good place to work. Friendly place to work and want you do a good days work. They are willing to help you get more training and farther your learning.
Great Family Oriented job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MONovember 6, 2017
Love working for this company. I have made many connections and the job is family oriented and close nit. We get to know our employees and their families.
n/a
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL 33172October 10, 2017
I enjoyed working for Atkins Global and my co-workers were the best. working with Atkins was a great experience, Good company with a future projects. Planning to grow to the industry..
Excellent company
Scientst - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greater LondonSeptember 29, 2017
An unbeatble working environment, with the most chartered and well trained group of peopole, each either an expert on their field ar pursuing charterships. They always encourage young people and help them go up the professional ladder with fair competiton and just treatment.
Low supervision but not many hours. Not easy to advance.
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOSeptember 15, 2017
There is little supervision as long as you do your job properly. Immediate management will go out of their way to reward workers who are productive with more hours and small incentives and pay raises.
Great company with broad technical oppurtunities
Chemistry Instructor (Current Employee) –  Barahak, United Arab EmiratesSeptember 1, 2017
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Atkins is a drug free workplace.
Benefits
Cons
Mostly contract employment
Atkins Global
Operator (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAAugust 2, 2017
i had a great time working here, intelligent operators with great team work. the leads were great along with the craft. the upper management on my job were very good aswell
Forklift driver
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Dumas, ARJuly 27, 2017
To maintain a clean safe environment while operating a forklift and running a Paint Line . This is a good job they care about there employees other than at times you may not have many hours
Pros
Hours are not steady
Cons
Very respectful
great place
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 25, 2017
Fun environment. Fast paced. Great place to work and family friendly. Great pay and good benefits. Successful company and wonderful people to work with.
Transitioning to Atkins from EnergySolutions was Troublesome
Waste Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJuly 19, 2017
After acquisition by Atkins Global, the transition from EnergySolutions (ES) was tough on the ES staff.

Different terminology and office customs between the UK based management and US staff.
Pros
World Wide Company
Awesome place to work
LEGAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 19, 2017
Loved my job there. People are friendly and work is productive. There are roughly 16 attorneys with about 20 support staff. All of which are thoroughly knowledgeable of their position.
Pros
Employer paid benefits
productive and fun
Contract Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 19, 2017
I enjoy working with the company. We stay busy witch is something i enjoy as well. People are always fun and friendly. We work hard but have a good time during days as well.
Productive and fun place to work.
Senior Database Developer / Oracle, DES Team (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2017
I was allowed to work from home. It saved me lots of traffic time, and daily tolls for my commute to work. I was able to work extra time at work whenever needed. It was win - win situation, both for me and company.
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 4, 2017
Good company to work for. Job advancement is lacking. Company has continuously scored high with local clients which continues to make them one of the top firms in the area.
Pros
Large Corporation
Cons
Large Corporation
easy to fit into a busy schedule, good first job experience
CLEANING CREW (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 31, 2017
This is a very easy part time job. Balancing work / home or school very easy. Ideal for high school students as the location i worked was just week nights, Saturday and Sunday off.
Pros
flexible breaks
Cons
mostly part time positions so no benefits
Professional hard-working people in a fast paced environment
Traffic Operator II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2017
Most of the day is balanced as far as stress with pockets of heavy stress. You have to be very detail oriented and able to multi-task. Management is very professional and supportive. There are special events for employees such as candy on Valentine's Day and potluck meals and a Thanksgiving meal. The hardest part of the job is multi-tasking while under stress. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people.
Pros
Free meals sometimes. Supportive management.
Cons
Fast-paced at times and stressful situations.
Atkins, employee focused
Electrical Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAApril 10, 2017
The management at my facility were always easy to work with and valued a balanced life for their employees. Low-key people, interesting work. Typical day is spent designing, working with contractors or going to meetings.
Not a good place to be employed would not recommend
Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLApril 6, 2017
No communication with employees, office personnel lack professionalism, no interaction with complaints or problems bosses have no interaction with employees
Pros
good pay
Cons
office personnel lacks professionalism
Great Place to work
Extended Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 21, 2017
I loved working here for the short time I was there. The staff is friendly and always looking to help. The amount of experience at this firm is invaluable.
Pros
Health Care Benefits
Cons
Good company with a worldwide presence.
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLMarch 15, 2017
I assisted the facilities inspector by charting progress of the movement of buried and overhead utilities. This work preceded the widening of state and federal roads. The branch I worked out of was well managed, and had a great work atmosphere. There was not much room for advancement from my position and since the job was a government contract, we served at the will of the state, specifically the Department of Transportation. Eventually, the DOT opted to go with a smaller, locally owned firm to appear more community friendly. Which put me out of a job.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay, solid company
Cons
Job was based on a contract and the company lost it to a rival, not enough to keep me busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atkins. Our community is ready to answer.