Atkins Employee Reviews

knowledge gained
Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 12, 2017
You get the opportunity to learn a lot because you are doing so much outside of your job descriptions. There is a lot of turn over and changes going on within the company. They are very over whelmed and not staffed well for the work load.
Cons
long hours, poor structure
Great Place to Work
Project Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 7, 2016
Atkins, a global A&E company has a good benefit package and values the employees. Offices are friendly and management provides a great atmosphere for productive work. Atkins knows how to promote team work.
Pros
Benefits, Flexible Hours, Great locations
Cons
Work and employment is based on project work.
Great Place to work
Extended Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 21, 2017
I loved working here for the short time I was there. The staff is friendly and always looking to help. The amount of experience at this firm is invaluable.
Pros
Health Care Benefits
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMarch 13, 2017
"It's never too late to go back to school and get a degree that will keep you from having to clean toilets." Well life doesn't always go according to plan, if you're in need of a job, Atkins will take care of you, decent pay, good hours, and they keep in good contact with their employees if you are distant from the main office.
Pros
Fun Fun Fun
Cons
Cleaning stanky toilets
Bad working conditions. Worth it if your trying to make some quick money.
Traffic Control Operator I (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 17, 2015
Horrible work environment. The high turnover rate is due to very poor management. Management doesn't care about the workers. Underpaid and very stressful and toxic environment. I have never seen so many different people leave a job in such a short period of time. No opportunity for advancement. So many flaws, just wished the State of Georgia saw the type of contractor they had operating their facility.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Micromanagement, Unorganized management, Benefits promised are unfulfilled, Stressful work environment, for the amount of work pay isn't fair.
I would not recommend this place.
Administrative Assistant - Navy Group (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNFebruary 7, 2017
A typical day is trying to figure out how to apply the work to the new systems.

I learned about the eBNuclear system while at EnergySolutions. Atkins still had not brought the system over to the Secured side of the company.
Farm Company
Archaeologist Field Tech/Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 2, 2015
Atkins is a farm consulting company. If you are a recent graduate or you are looking for experience, then Atkins can help provide that experience. However, I would recommend leaving this company as quickly as possible once you have a few years of experience. The pay and benefits are awful and management is horrible. There is no room for advancement and very little respect is shown for those at a lower experience level.
Pros
Work experience
productive work place
general cleaner (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 7, 2017
this job is easily learned. able to work independently and in a quiet environment. Friendly coworkers. a lot of repetition. work at your own pace as long as work is being finished in the proper amount of time
Pros
work independently
exciting work place kept me busy
Laborer (Former Employee) –  East Chicago, INTOFebruary 14, 2017
Great job experience they taught me a lot, such as power spraying, dimo, the supervisors where easy going, and nice the worker trained me very well with no problems
Atkins
Assistant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, UKMarch 13, 2017
Great support, very similar to F+G with it being its sister company. Great global opportunities working on very prestigious projects throughout the world.
Formerly Energy Solutions
DCS Programmer/I&C Engineer (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCJune 14, 2016
I've only been with Atkins for a few months now as they bought my former employer Energy Solutions. From what I can tell they are an honest company and seem to have a good reputation world wide. Benefits are comparable to other companies I've worked for.
Nice engaging company to work with make you feel part of the team, even as a contractor
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London and CroydonSeptember 22, 2016
Morning meetings to start the day, see where we are any issues that need to be sorted urgently. Site diaries to check, Timesheets to authorise.
Programme updates to be completed
Pros
Decent people
Cons
London Commute
Atkins Good mid-sized engineering firm.
Senior Analyst - Corporate CAD Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 17, 2015
Pretty good compensation, serious company. I worked with a good group of people.. My direct management was not great, no leadership, the manager was suspicious if employees were discussing work, or projects, because he was insecure in his knowledge of his job and a poor manager. He made it miserable for us, until the company finally realized the issue and terminated him.

Other than that, they tried to take care of their employees and paid average. I do not really know how Atkins is as a company since much of the upper management has changed since I was there.
Fun postive enviroment
Education Director/Computer Skills Director (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 2, 2016
The staff and the director made you feel apart of the family. We were more than a team. The director lead his team with his heart and generally cared about his staff and their well being
Pros
Working enviroment/ making an positive impact
Cons
non-profit ( compensation/benefits)
A great organisation that fosters personal development and growth
BIM Technician (Current Employee) –  London, OHJune 29, 2016
A great organisation that fosters personal development and growth.

Atkins heavily invests in continuous staff training in line with changing working environment.
Pros
Flexible working hours
You're just a number, getting too corporate
Environmental Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 14, 2014
There is NO job security in this company unless you are highly billable. There is no heart or loyalty from the company, you are just a number. They have been laying people off that have been with company (or company they acquired) forever. It's just sad.

Work /life balance is ok as long as you made your numbers you can have some flexibility. They about average to below average and getting annual raises is tough. Even though I had a superior annual review I got the same pitiful raise as everyone else.

They are a huge international firm so you can get some international experience unless you work in the Atkins North America division, then you're stuck.

I also worked with a bunch of duds in my group that I could never get to go do anything fun outside of work so that didn't help.
Cons
no loyalty, layoffs
Good workplace/atmosphere and people. Management is mediocre.
Structural Analysis Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAApril 22, 2015
- The company is UK-owned. Small office in the US (~40-50 people) that does structural/stress engineering.
- Good work/life balance, atmosphere, and overall great people.
- Speaking of Management, the Project Managers were great. However, the senior engineers were who ran the place. Unfortunately, they had their own group/club together in the workplace and if you didn't make the right impression with them, you won't move up in the company.
- There was a huge disconnect with the HQ in the UK and the US office
innovative and forward thinking
Telecommunications Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 3, 2015
Atkins is a highly respected, global Engineering Consultancy, with every Engineering discipline offered to clients.

Atkins is a very large , global firm with a vast number of opportunities available to job seekers and employees alike.

The culture is forward thinking, fast moving, future focused with sustainability at it's core.

The working environment is fast paced and demanding with innovation at it's motivating factor. It can be challenging to be on the "bleeding-edge" of technology all of the time. However, a finer IT Department Staff and Managers could not be asked for. They are a great group, smart, energetic and engaging.

It's a great place to work!
Pros
Opportunity, latest and greatest technology
Cons
constant change can be difficult to adjust to
Reorganizing
Sr. Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa/San DiegoMay 22, 2014
Atkins is reorganizing. Worked with a lot of great people. In last year new CEO and CFO along with large group of individuals from Shaw being introduced to change/improve the company culture and accountability.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor upward mobility
Good people, poor management
Senior Cad Technician II - Water Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2012
Management is out of touch with what is really going on. Very tip heavy. Very few production people trying to carry the load
Pros
good insurance, pay, 401k
Cons
no job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atkins. Our community is ready to answer.