Atkins Employee Reviews

productive work place
general cleaner (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 7, 2017
this job is easily learned. able to work independently and in a quiet environment. Friendly coworkers. a lot of repetition. work at your own pace as long as work is being finished in the proper amount of time
Pros
work independently
Nice engaging company to work with make you feel part of the team, even as a contractor
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London and CroydonSeptember 22, 2016
Morning meetings to start the day, see where we are any issues that need to be sorted urgently. Site diaries to check, Timesheets to authorise.
Programme updates to be completed
Pros
Decent people
Cons
London Commute
Great Place to Work
Project Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 7, 2016
Atkins, a global A&E company has a good benefit package and values the employees. Offices are friendly and management provides a great atmosphere for productive work. Atkins knows how to promote team work.
Pros
Benefits, Flexible Hours, Great locations
Cons
Work and employment is based on project work.
A great organisation that fosters personal development and growth
BIM Technician (Current Employee) –  London, OHJune 29, 2016
A great organisation that fosters personal development and growth.

Atkins heavily invests in continuous staff training in line with changing working environment.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Formerly Energy Solutions
DCS Programmer/I&C Engineer (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCJune 14, 2016
I've only been with Atkins for a few months now as they bought my former employer Energy Solutions. From what I can tell they are an honest company and seem to have a good reputation world wide. Benefits are comparable to other companies I've worked for.
J2 Engineering
Cad Designer (Current Employee) –  Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, FLMay 5, 2016
The work environment was great
I was able to get out in the field
Loved my co-workers
Pot lunches
nice computer
AutoCAD Civil 3D
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Got layed off
Fun postive enviroment
Education Director/Computer Skills Director (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 2, 2016
The staff and the director made you feel apart of the family. We were more than a team. The director lead his team with his heart and generally cared about his staff and their well being
Pros
Working enviroment/ making an positive impact
Cons
non-profit ( compensation/benefits)
Farm Company
Archaeologist Field Tech/Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 2, 2015
Atkins is a farm consulting company. If you are a recent graduate or you are looking for experience, then Atkins can help provide that experience. However, I would recommend leaving this company as quickly as possible once you have a few years of experience. The pay and benefits are awful and management is horrible. There is no room for advancement and very little respect is shown for those at a lower experience level.
Pros
Work experience
Atkins
Tech Aide II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 3, 2015
Its a good company to work for you will learn a lot they care about your well being, you have to monitor your emails a lot because there is always something going on
Very high pace environmentn team work oriented
Certified Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2015
very high volume of calls
multitasking
good teamwork
great experience
friendly environment
not always fun when handling many different things at once
Bad working conditions. Worth it if your trying to make some quick money.
Traffic Control Operator I (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 17, 2015
Horrible work environment. The high turnover rate is due to very poor management. Management doesn't care about the workers. Underpaid and very stressful and toxic environment. I have never seen so many different people leave a job in such a short period of time. No opportunity for advancement. So many flaws, just wished the State of Georgia saw the type of contractor they had operating their facility.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Micromanagement, Unorganized management, Benefits promised are unfulfilled, Stressful work environment, for the amount of work pay isn't fair.
Atkins Good mid-sized engineering firm.
Senior Analyst - Corporate CAD Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 17, 2015
Pretty good compensation, serious company. I worked with a good group of people.. My direct management was not great, no leadership, the manager was suspicious if employees were discussing work, or projects, because he was insecure in his knowledge of his job and a poor manager. He made it miserable for us, until the company finally realized the issue and terminated him.

Other than that, they tried to take care of their employees and paid average. I do not really know how Atkins is as a company since much of the upper management has changed since I was there.
innovative and forward thinking
Telecommunications Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 3, 2015
Atkins is a highly respected, global Engineering Consultancy, with every Engineering discipline offered to clients.

Atkins is a very large , global firm with a vast number of opportunities available to job seekers and employees alike.

The culture is forward thinking, fast moving, future focused with sustainability at it's core.

The working environment is fast paced and demanding with innovation at it's motivating factor. It can be challenging to be on the "bleeding-edge" of technology all of the time. However, a finer IT Department Staff and Managers could not be asked for. They are a great group, smart, energetic and engaging.

It's a great place to work!
Pros
Opportunity, latest and greatest technology
Cons
constant change can be difficult to adjust to
horrible place
Administrative (Former Employee) –  texasSeptember 2, 2015
Would not recommend this company to anyone. Upper management isn't concerned about the employees. Most of the long time employees were laid off and the ones that weren't let go left on their own. Total dysfunction throughout the company.
Pros
Cons
everything
Lawn Tech (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 5, 2015
Busy in warm weather and no work and or not enough in the winter, need to work on why the turn over rate is so high, pleasant people to work with, wages are not comparable to other places like Atkins
Pros
co workers
Cons
underpaid not enough employees
Good company to work for
Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 15, 2015
It's a company where you can really get work and life balance. Very healthy company culture and a place where you would enjoy working at.
Productive Place to work
Sr. Project Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaJuly 6, 2015
Productive place to work, great work ethic and very multicultural. I am looking for personal growth where I can excel and advance in a company.
Buyout
Sr. Principal (Former Employee) –  Moss Point, MSJune 13, 2015
Atkins can not be measured by the same mistakes of ABB concerning HOE except not doing the proper investigation of company history. Investments of this magnitude require much more than speculation based upon dinner talks. The world has too many want a be lap dogs that lack vision and creativeness. Companies need at least one or two visionaries to help keep the edge. The problem is a company is made of teams of individuals, each with strong and weak talents not solo acts. Without them we only copy, paste and lie to our selfs in the mirror of achievement. Beware the solo of copy.
Pros
Employees individual achievement abilities.
Cons
Lack of management communication and interface
Professional Company
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 18, 2015
My overall rating is that Atkins is a company with many changes occurring at this moment. Under a new leader that so far is doing a great job.
Pros
Working Schedule
Cons
Salaries
Fine starter job
Traffic Operator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 15, 2015
This job is ok for a stepping stone into other jobs, however, there is no room for advancement. Very high turnover rate. Management does not know what they are doing. Great job for college students.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no advancement, unequal playing field

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atkins. Our community is ready to answer.