Atkore Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
proudtive
Mill Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 26, 2016
Good place to work. will work hard and long hours. management was good. Have had to work 12 hour shift and at times weekends.
Productive workplace, resonable destination
Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILJanuary 12, 2016
This job is in a great invironment with great co-workers, who looks out for one other. A typical day of work generally consists of checking in truck drivers and doin neccessary paper work as needed. I learn how to use different programs to do different tasks. There wasn't great cooumications with management, most times you here information from coworkers. I like the distance of the job, because it was close to home.
Pros
Distance, job duties
Cons
no breaks, hours cut, cold
It's an stressful enviorment
Automatic Forging Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Wayne, MIOctober 12, 2015
Im not a person to bash the job other than working for the company it has been somewhat good to me the work i do i come in do the work and bascially go home. the enviroment of the job and my co-worker is not the best. but i feel i'm a good worker and i serve the company in the capcity.
Pros
we get free lunch from time to time
Cons
health care could better
Fast Pace
Material Handler, Warehouse. Machine Oper (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLApril 13, 2015
d Machines With Material, Bring Finished Products To Get Wrapped and Put Them Away, Load and Unload Trucks, Coil Wire On Machines
Pros
Forklift Oper, Machine Oper, Shipping Receiving
Cons
Work slowing Down To Four Days On Some Weeks
Positive employee philosophy with work at its core.
Sr. Sox Compliance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILFebruary 5, 2013
Travel on Sunday to some location in the United States (internationally was for two or three weeks). Compliance Audit through the week, return home after noon on Friday.
The goal was to ensure accouning controls were in place and all accounting policies were followed.
We fostered mutual trust and respect also open two way communication with all employees we encountered.
I enjoyed all parts of the job and interaction with all of my co-workers.

On one assignment I was in England for six months which focused on International Banking and International Financial Reporting Structure (restructuring of businesses in the UK).
Pros
i traveled the world and the us while working for this company.
Cons
no regrets and it is a great company.
Worst job yet
Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILFebruary 5, 2014
Old time union guys run the show. Management pretends to be engaged. Most are long-timers who are just coasting. All of the turnover is new guys who get fed up and leave. Union guys know they don't have to listen to you because you'll be gone soon and your bosses won't stand up for you.
Sr. Management probably couldn't find the shop floor with a map. Great at talking a good game - but zero execution.
Pros
if you are in the union you have a job for life
Cons
if you are a manager you have a job for about a year.
Accounting Department
Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIApril 24, 2013
Not very organized and there restructure of Atkore has been a mess