Atlanta Gas Light Company Employee Reviews

This was a good dynamic job atmosphere
Consultant, Lead Developer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 2, 2014
A good place to work. Typical day was reviewing, resolving, and tracking logged system problems. Also working ongoing development projects. Great and helpful co-workers. The most difficult part I remember was providing constant oncall production support. The most enjoyable part of the job was there was always new technologies to learn.
Pros
dynamic environment
Cons
demanding oncall production support
This was a very enjoyable job.
Collection and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 7, 2014
1. The typical day was to work on the assignment you were given that day.

2. I learned any and everything about the utility company as far as office administration and customer service,

3. The management was good. They made themselves available to the staff at all times.

4. My co-workers were easy to work with as a rule.

5. The hardest part of the job was when there was a gas leak.

6. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people.
Pros
driving stance, great benefits, 401k and working conditions
Cons
the job could be stressful at times.
Fast paced, challenging
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 12, 2013
Overall great company, current position was not what I wanted, looking for something different.
Pros
advancement
Cons
Very busy. Not very close knit.
Materials Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GADecember 6, 2013
Very busy. Received and entered inventory into system. Parts and supplies, machines, such as refrigerators, washers and dryers, gas logs, gas heaters, and gas grills. Also worked in shipping department sending materials to areas of Georgia, Tennessee, and Virginia. I also worked in the permanent records department.
Pros
used computers for the first time. should have learned more about them.
Cons
very long commute. gas company used unions. i did not like that.
Fun Place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2013
I learn everything about gas service and test lab.
I love my co-worker
Pros
great place to work
Cons
commute
Excellent company to work for. Offers on the job training and opportunities for advancement.
CUSTOMER LOGISTICS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GADecember 31, 2012
A typical day's responsibilities were very structured. My responsibilities required minimal supervision, required strong multitasking abilities, attention to detail, and straight forward decision making to meet performance objectives. Management was available if authorized direction was needed. The atmosphere was professional and team oriented. My department employed 35 Customer Logistics Specialists, whom I enjoyed working with. The hardest part of the job was the 50 mile commute one way. I enjoyed scheduling and directing service requests to first responders in Central and Northwest New Jersey. I enjoyed participating in company projects that gave back to the community,
Pros
great benefits and excellent above average pay.
Cons
the business office was in riverdale, ga.
This company is a great place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 24, 2012
I typed meeting minutes and business letters for the department. Entered and updated employee and contract employee safety records. Also I manage financial files, payroll and mangement staff travel plans. Schedule Plus program used for reserving meeting rooms and catering orders for the department.
Pros
i have a hour for lunch.
Cons
one break every day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlanta Gas Light Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Atlanta Gas Light Company Reviews by Location