Atlanta Gas Light Company

Atlanta Gas Light Company Employee Reviews

This was a very enjoyable job.
Collection and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Augusta, GAMarch 7, 2014
Pros: driving stance, great benefits, 401k and working conditions
Cons: the job could be stressful at times.
1. The typical day was to work on the assignment you were given that day.

2. I learned any and everything about the utility company as far as office administration and customer service,

3. The management was good. They made themselves available to the staff at all times.

4. My co-workers were easy to work with as a rule.

5. The hardest part of the job was when there was a gas leak.

6. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people.
Fast paced, challenging
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 12, 2013
Pros: advancement
Cons: long hours
Overall great company, current position was not what I wanted, looking for something different.
Very busy. Not very close knit.
Materials Management Clerk (Former Employee), Tucker, GADecember 6, 2013
Pros: used computers for the first time. should have learned more about them.
Cons: very long commute. gas company used unions. i did not like that.
Very busy. Received and entered inventory into system. Parts and supplies, machines, such as refrigerators, washers and dryers, gas logs, gas heaters, and gas grills. Also worked in shipping department sending materials to areas of Georgia, Tennessee, and Virginia. I also worked in the permanent records department.
Fun Place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2013
Pros: great place to work
Cons: commute
I learn everything about gas service and test lab.
I love my co-worker
Excellent company to work for. Offers on the job training and opportunities for advancement.
CUSTOMER LOGISTICS SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Riverdale, GADecember 31, 2012
Pros: great benefits and excellent above average pay.
Cons: the business office was in riverdale, ga.
A typical day's responsibilities were very structured. My responsibilities required minimal supervision, required strong multitasking abilities, attention to detail, and straight forward decision making to meet performance objectives. Management was available if authorized direction was needed. The atmosphere was professional and team oriented. My department employed 35 Customer Logistics Specialists, whom I enjoyed working with. The hardest part of the job was the 50 mile commute one way. I enjoyed scheduling and directing service requests to first responders in Central and Northwest New Jersey. I enjoyed participating in company projects that gave back to the community,
This company is a great place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 24, 2012
Pros: i have a hour for lunch.
Cons: one break every day.
I typed meeting minutes and business letters for the department. Entered and updated employee and contract employee safety records. Also I manage financial files, payroll and mangement staff travel plans. Schedule Plus program used for reserving meeting rooms and catering orders for the department.

About Atlanta Gas Light Company

AGL Resources brings its resources to customers in seven states through¬†its fleet of¬†utilities. Its Nicor Gas unit has 2.2 million – Read more