Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Atlanta Journal-Constitution Employer Reviews

Great company to work for, with an awesome sales team.
Newspaper Layout Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2013
Appreciated the true meaning of teamwork. Worked with a team with time sensitive work environment.
Servicable work environment with low opportunity ratios
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2012
Pros: compitent benefits, camaraderie among fellow employees
Cons: weak compensation/advancement opportunities, inadept management, unstable job security
Mild work environment, but weak compensation and advancement opportunities, coupled with disconnected local and cross-departmental management hamper long-term viability.
Great atmosphere and culturally mixed with people who are friendly and work well with each other
Home Delivery (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2012
Pros: friendly co-worker enviroment; great management assistance; 5 hours or less of work.
Cons: expenses to vehicle, due to wear and tear; depending on how many customers you have, can effect you financially.
Report to the warehouse, receive updates on new customers or route changes, collect and properly package newpapers, transport and distribute them to assigned residential areas. I learned how to efficently time my route, learned navigational skills, complete routes at the assigned deadline. Management works with you if you have any problems such as damage – more... to vehicles, and need assistance with completing deliveries and will make sure you have help, if needed. The hardest part of the job, is waking up at 2:30 am, or need of vehicle repairs. The most enjoyable part of the job, is as soon as you collect your newspapers and travel to your route, you complete your route and go home afterwards, which could be between 3.5 to 5 hours of work; depending on how many newspapers that must be delivered. – less
The AJC is not a company I would work for again.
Home-Delivery Carrier (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAJune 20, 2012
Pros: a free ajc newspaper every day
Cons: no paid time off, mileage pay not even matching irs mileage reimbursement, no time off without having to miss a day of pay.
The managers I have had were good to great to work with. The company, however, doesn't seem to truly care about the employees. A seven-day work-week, requiring everyone to report for work even when conditions were icy, and not providing enough compensation for mileage reimbursement well below the IRS compensation for mileage were just a few of my reasons – more... for this.
A typical day at work included being there at 1a.m., waiting on the headline truck (which usually was not there until 1:15 or later), and then waiting on the truck to be unloaded and the papers counted. Most days, this process took at least fifteen minutes. Then, going through the line to pick up my designated number of headlines and third-party papers, and taking them back to my table to bag the papers. After bagging, I would load my personal vehicle and then drive out to my route. Delivering my route usually took about three hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job was... the people I worked with and seeing the sun rise every morning. – less

About Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Cox Newspapers keeps its nose to the news grindstone. One of the nation's top newspaper businesses, the company publishes about – Read more