Atlanta Journal-Constitution Employee Reviews

Servicable work environment with low opportunity ratios
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2012
Mild work environment, but weak compensation and advancement opportunities, coupled with disconnected local and cross-departmental management hamper long-term viability.
Pros
compitent benefits, camaraderie among fellow employees
Cons
weak compensation/advancement opportunities, inadept management, unstable job security
The AJC is not a company I would work for again.
Home-Delivery Carrier (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 20, 2012
The managers I have had were good to great to work with. The company, however, doesn't seem to truly care about the employees. A seven-day work-week, requiring everyone to report for work even when conditions were icy, and not providing enough compensation for mileage reimbursement well below the IRS compensation for mileage were just a few of my reasons for this.
A typical day at work included being there at 1a.m., waiting on the headline truck (which usually was not there until 1:15 or later), and then waiting on the truck to be unloaded and the papers counted. Most days, this process took at least fifteen minutes. Then, going through the line to pick up my designated number of headlines and third-party papers, and taking them back to my table to bag the papers. After bagging, I would load my personal vehicle and then drive out to my route. Delivering my route usually took about three hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job was... the people I worked with and seeing the sun rise every morning.
Pros
a free ajc newspaper every day
Cons
no paid time off, mileage pay not even matching irs mileage reimbursement, no time off without having to miss a day of pay.
Great atmosphere and culturally mixed with people who are friendly and work well with each other
Home Delivery (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2012
Report to the warehouse, receive updates on new customers or route changes, collect and properly package newpapers, transport and distribute them to assigned residential areas. I learned how to efficently time my route, learned navigational skills, complete routes at the assigned deadline. Management works with you if you have any problems such as damage to vehicles, and need assistance with completing deliveries and will make sure you have help, if needed. The hardest part of the job, is waking up at 2:30 am, or need of vehicle repairs. The most enjoyable part of the job, is as soon as you collect your newspapers and travel to your route, you complete your route and go home afterwards, which could be between 3.5 to 5 hours of work; depending on how many newspapers that must be delivered.
Pros
friendly co-worker enviroment; great management assistance; 5 hours or less of work.
Cons
expenses to vehicle, due to wear and tear; depending on how many customers you have, can effect you financially.
Fun Job while living in Atlanta - learned alot and made good friends
Sales Coordinator/Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 1, 2015
I did a lot of marketing - direct marketing - like the flyers that you receive in your papers on Sundays. I worked directly with the customer and a program called SalesForce to determine their demo's and decide where and how many pieces they wanted to go out when.

I had a chance to work directly with the art department which was very enjoyable and learned a lot about design. The most difficult part of the job was when I would have something extremely detailed (like a menu) that we would have to go over again and again and the customer kept changing pricing or ingredients, but eventually we would get it and everyone would be happy.

The little ads were fun and easy and I enjoyed working with the "mom and pop" shops who just want small little ads.
Pros
learning about design and different computer programs
Cons
4:45 orders made at 5:00 - constant changes by customers
productive and friendly work place
Printing Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 28, 2015
great job that i dont mind going to every day , the work place is full of mostly fun and respectful co workers, the upper management are courteous and understanding of personal needs, endless opportunity for growth. I have been a employee here for over 15 years and have enjoyed being a part of the company.
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2015
I must say that I really enjoyed work in the Production Department while with this company. I especially enjoyed seeing the newspaper being produced
Had some rough nights
Carrier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2014
Love the independence of the job,and the fact that I could just go home once I threw my last paper. Worst things the job was the wearing on your car, and the weather(rain/snow)
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Bad weather
Great company to work for, with an awesome sales team.
Newspaper Layout Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2013
Appreciated the true meaning of teamwork. Worked with a team with time sensitive work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7