Atlanta Journal Constitution Employee Reviews

Very fast pace environment
Journeyman Mailer (Current Employee) –  6455 Bestfriend RoadAugust 10, 2017
On any given day you have to be ready to think quick on your feet work well with others and work under pressure cause the paper has a date on it, a deadline that has to be met on a daily basis.
I learned that everyone don't perform as you would like them to. I think management should pay better attention to their employees I learned the managers today don't really value good workers.
The hardest part of my job is getting my coworkers to pay attention more, The most enjoyable things is teaching people new ways to do the job, how to work smart not hard.
Pros
benefit
Cons
short staff
learned a lot working here
Mailroom Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 30, 2017
A typical day at work was standing on my feet for 7hrs with an hour for lunch.
I learned hot to drive a pallet jack and forklift as well as was certified by OSHA.
I was able to work with many people of different cultures and race.
This job was great.
Pros
1 hour lunch break plus two 15 min breaks
Cons
Flexible workplace potentially can make a lot of money
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 25, 2017
you make your own hours and work alone. You can make as much money as you want you just have to put in the time and grind. Prepare presentable kiosk inside of local establishments working independently to secure weekly sales goals. Train and develop new sales representatives. Successfully led key projects which resulted in exceeding weekly quotas. Monitored multiple databases to keep track of all company inventory. Increased sales by 11% over a year period.
Pros
cash bonus
Cons
no base pay full commission
Avoid like the plague
Driver (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAMarch 30, 2017
Terrible policies, very low pay, no leadership, nuisance complaints, no time off, have to fight to get paid, supplies are not readily available. Overall a horrible place to work. Only redeeming quality is able to just get in your car and drive; no customers, little to no coworker interaction, flexible schedule.
Knock doors trying to sell the newspaper. Dying industry
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAFebruary 22, 2017
You get dropped off at a random neighborhood and are required to literally knock doors and get people to sign for subscriptions.
Good company
Advertising Contact Center (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 3, 2017
Nice company to work for. As part of Cox Enterprises, there are many opportunities for growth or movement. Facility is nice and has a in-building cafeteria.
Pros
Nice people to work with and for in the company
Cons
Less flexibility on hours
Great job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Monroe, GAJanuary 30, 2017
Love my job great place to work. I can see my self working here long term. It's just a great job all around.I love to work with others and to work alone.
its a dieing company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2017
Long hours due to reconstruction of distribution department
Management skills, I handle more carriers than required 180
Busy it was no stop work.
Pros
educational
Good Experience
Facility Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GADecember 16, 2016
I enjoy my coworkers and managers. I appreciate the experience gained from working her. The workload is steady and opportunity for advancement is available.
partime job not enough hours
Feeder Operator (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 19, 2016
inserting papers into machine and with different sections. I learned how to jogged sales papers and newspapers. Nice co-workers
Telemarketing For AJC
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 9, 2016
This job was for a call center of AJC...we received incoming calls from people who were interested in having home paper delivery.
Pros
At that time evening work.
Cons
Sales were not promised
Good Part Time
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 8, 2016
Good part time with great communication. The management is friendly. My parents worked there so, I started working there. the thing i liked most about this Job is if you get early, you can start to work early.
Poor
Packer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2016
They discontinued my part time job as packer after 1.5 months.. The job was extremely fast paced and very stressful. Coworkers were all very nice. I worked from 2pm to 10 pm 3 days a week, variable shift. I never knew when they would call.
Pros
easy work
Cons
work under extreme job pressure, too many bosses
Exciting work atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job while there was interacting with my co-workers. Along with cross training with my Manager.
Pros
Great working Atmosphere
Cons
Building closed down
Very Busy
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAMay 9, 2016
The past management was horrible. The work environment is upbeat and my fellow co-workers are friendly. They stop paying me by the hour. I wasn't happy with that.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
Not by the hour
This was a great entry level position and training for management
Mail Clerk, Carrier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 22, 2016
I was taught how to navigate throughout the city at 4am for 7 days a week , helping me to build charater and consistancy while delivering papers and having contact with most of my customers that watched out for my safety as well
Pros
working with the public
Cons
not being able to continue due to relocation of the company
Bad Outsoucing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 10, 2016
Hours out in any neighborhood, dogs and other bad surroundings when in certain areas. Fun job with the people compensation could have been better then they were outsourced. thats when it went down hill.
Pros
schedule
Cons
pay lowered
Great place to work for part time work.
District Cordinator (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 19, 2016
Managing a crew, learning routes, management excellent, coworkers great, hard part the driving and the Job was the enjoyable part.
Pros
Great workers
Cons
Too hard on cars
Fun, blue jean environment, friendly yet hard-working people, great management
Sales Coordinator/Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2015
Enjoyed this position tremendously. Learned a lot about advertising and mass marketing. Enjoyed meeting customers in person, as well as, working with them on the phone. Everyone supported each other. Felt great after working so hard with a customer to see an ad in the paper or a major sale flyer in the paper on Sunday mornings or in the mailbox.
Pros
Great corporate, blue jean atmosphere, wonderful supervisor, loved helping people.
Cons
Deadlines at 4:58 when ad had to be created, sold and placed by 5:15 PM for next day run.
Most fun I've had working
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 28, 2015
I traveled around Atlanta setting up a kiosk at different businesses like grocery or clothing stores. Everyday was different with new people in different locations. You must be self motivated because it pays strictly commission and doesn't offer any benefits so you can go as high or low as you want. We all had a competitive nature so it was always a race to be the top seller for the week.
Pros
You make your own schedule, variable work environment
Cons
no security with pay