Atlanta Journal Constitution

Atlanta Journal Constitution Employer Reviews

Its a great environment where you meet and talk to different people with cultural differences.
Sales (Current Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaNovember 13, 2014
Pros: you make your own schedule, you on your time.
Cons: only comission, it should be another incentive.
I love the job, its based on customer service and sales. Most times you get those thats not interested and some that will brighten up your day. The hardest thing is temporary defeat, because sitting there without getting sales is not fun. My job consist of comission, so if you dont get sales, you dont eat. The fun part is just being there making people – more... happy. I love making people happy, because a happy customer would always guarantee service. – less
Productive and time sensitive
PACKAGING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: it maintains an educative work environment
Cons: it is a strictly part-time job
At AJC, a typical day at work is where all the machines are functioning properly and production quotas are met. What I learn working in the company is paying particular attention to instructions, detail orientation and precision of work performance. However insistent management tend to be on getting production quotas done according to schedule, a culture – more... of cooperation from employees seems to prevail in the company. The hardest part of the job is where machines malfunction and targeted quotas seem to delay. On a good day, however, when work activities run on schedule, a sense of accomplishment floods the individual's heart with joy. – less
best job ever
Courier (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAOctober 5, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: you work 7 days a week
This job was all late hours but was lovely. You had to get to the warehouse by the time the truck arrived at 2am. You line to get the papers that was on your sheet of paper, put them in the color bag they belonged in, load your car and take off. You can blast your music and eat and drink because you are in the comfort of your own car. After you deliver – more... your papers you just go home, no going back to the warehouse to check in with management at all...You do have a sort of time frame but they are ok with you taking a bit more time and on Sundays you have alot more time – less
If you love top brand apparel its for you
Newspaper Delivery (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: discounted apparel, fast paced
Cons: no job security, management needs improvement
- Pretty smooth unless its Saturday
- I learned about the different sports apparel
- Management needs improvement
- Coworkers were pretty cool
- Trying to compete for a paycheck was probably the hardest part of the job
- Best part would definitely be the discounted prices
well organized company
Inserter, Deliver (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Atlanta Journal Constitution Warehouse was a great place to work in. Everybody had their own station in which he or she was not bothered while working. The hardest part of the job was when the job start cutting the hours down from the employers.
Mail Room operator
Mail Room Operator (Former Employee), AtlantaJuly 18, 2014
Operator and maintain a Cheshire Machine, Feed the news paper through the machine and labels put on papers.

Heavy equipment/ Forklift driver
Productive and excellent place to work
Line Supervisor (Current Employee), Norcross, GAJune 17, 2014
My typical day at work will be when the machines that I am working with are not working the way I expected and beating the production dead line for departure the trucks to the field.

What I have learnt are developed more communication skills, supervising experience, repairing minor problems associate with the machines that I am working with.

The management – more... team are so great and developed as compare to the previous time ago. Know what the company is about to any information before it gets to the employees and keep them confidential.

Majority of the co-workers that I am working with are so nice and friendly. They are very co-operative and reliable that can be count on.

My hardest part of the job is when I am lack of communication from the management. When a lot of call out from the beginning of the shift or insufficient staffs/employees are schuduled for a certain type of job at certain period of time.

When all the tasks that I had be assigned are complished by the end of the day. At the end of every bi weekly when I get paid. – less
ok
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 8, 2014
a great company to bad the shut it down I acturally like work there for that time I was there they really had a good manager that was very sweet and caring.
Ok Work Place
Courier (Former Employee), Snellville GaMarch 4, 2014
Enjoyed working on my own didn't enjoy the hours 3:30 am until finished
Weekend job
Hawker (Former Employee), Clarkston, GADecember 10, 2013
Cons: commission
You put newspapers together and then you go throughout the city selling them.
Great Company to work for
Service Desk Technician / Help Desk (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2013
Great company with top notch benefits and great atmosphere
opportunity for advancement
carrier (Current Employee), atalantaOctober 29, 2013
Pros: flexible managers
Cons: pay
Be at plant at 2am.
pull papers
prepare papers for delivery
deliver papers
call see if supervisor need assistance with anything else
Great opportunity for a freelancer
Freelance Writer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 2, 2013
Pros: impressive addition to my resume
Cons: short-lived
The editor I worked with on my freelance articles for the AJC was very supportive but strictly professional. I wished I'd had more opportunities to work with his department.
I learned how to be a door to door salesman there.
Mobile Sales Representative (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAAugust 13, 2013
It was a great learning experience, but being paid commission based salary was hard for me.
Production
Junior Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta,GaAugust 3, 2013
package up newspaper articles to be sent out the following morning. forklift operator.
Great
Service Desk Technician / Help Desk (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2013
Great company to work for. Co-workers are nice to work with.
Great Part time Job
Newspaper Home Delivery Carrier (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2013
Pros: early morning hours
Cons: must work seven days a week
I enjoyed the early morning hours. AJC is an excellent job for people like myself who can work with limited or no supervision.
College compatible
Delivery Technician (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 14, 2013
Standard paper route.

Daily packaging and delivery of papers 7 days a week.

Good co-workers

Very straightforward objectives
A Great Place
Outside Sales (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJune 11, 2013
Outside Sales was an exciting sale position , with competitive earning. The location varied from day to day. I was one of the Top Seller in the DeKalb/Gwinnett Co. area.
productive
Newspaper Distributor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 10, 2013
fun place to work, only part time hours available unless you own a van or maybe an SUV. easy delivery routes.

1 2 3