Atlanta Journal Constitution Employee Reviews in United States

Good Part Time
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 8, 2016
Good part time with great communication. The management is friendly. My parents worked there so, I started working there. the thing i liked most about this Job is if you get early, you can start to work early.
Exciting work atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job while there was interacting with my co-workers. Along with cross training with my Manager.
Pros
Great working Atmosphere
Cons
Building closed down
Very Busy
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAMay 9, 2016
The past management was horrible. The work environment is upbeat and my fellow co-workers are friendly. They stop paying me by the hour. I wasn't happy with that.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
Not by the hour
This was a great entry level position and training for management
Mail Clerk, Carrier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 22, 2016
I was taught how to navigate throughout the city at 4am for 7 days a week , helping me to build charater and consistancy while delivering papers and having contact with most of my customers that watched out for my safety as well
Pros
working with the public
Cons
not being able to continue due to relocation of the company
Bad Outsoucing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 10, 2016
Hours out in any neighborhood, dogs and other bad surroundings when in certain areas. Fun job with the people compensation could have been better then they were outsourced. thats when it went down hill.
Pros
schedule
Cons
pay lowered
Great place to work for part time work.
District Cordinator (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 19, 2016
Managing a crew, learning routes, management excellent, coworkers great, hard part the driving and the Job was the enjoyable part.
Pros
Great workers
Cons
Too hard on cars
Fun, blue jean environment, friendly yet hard-working people, great management
Sales Coordinator/Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2015
Enjoyed this position tremendously. Learned a lot about advertising and mass marketing. Enjoyed meeting customers in person, as well as, working with them on the phone. Everyone supported each other. Felt great after working so hard with a customer to see an ad in the paper or a major sale flyer in the paper on Sunday mornings or in the mailbox.
Pros
Great corporate, blue jean atmosphere, wonderful supervisor, loved helping people.
Cons
Deadlines at 4:58 when ad had to be created, sold and placed by 5:15 PM for next day run.
Most fun I've had working
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 28, 2015
I traveled around Atlanta setting up a kiosk at different businesses like grocery or clothing stores. Everyday was different with new people in different locations. You must be self motivated because it pays strictly commission and doesn't offer any benefits so you can go as high or low as you want. We all had a competitive nature so it was always a race to be the top seller for the week.
Pros
You make your own schedule, variable work environment
Cons
no security with pay
Fast paced diverse production warehouse
Packaging Associate (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 17, 2015
Mailroom Production
There are many jobs being done throughout the warehouse that has to do with the shipping/ receiving and handling of the AJC newspaper and paper inserts for different contractors in a timely manner.
processing cash payments
Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2015
Good company to work for environment friendly. Daily task would be to process lockbox payment to customer accounts. Answer incoming calls from customer who would like to make a check or credit card payment these payment would be taken though our Orbital system.
Pros
free parking, store discount
Cons
good healthcare benefitd
Selling newspapers door to door
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 15, 2015
A typical day at work was getting dropped off in a neighborhood by our boss and going door to door selling AJC newspaper subscriptions. I learned that people hate when you try to sell them something at their door. The management was absolutely terrible, completely disorganized and broke lots of rules. The hardest part about the job was selling subscriptions and walking around in heat. The most enjoyable part was when someone actually did subscribe.
Pros
No taxes taken out of check
Cons
Lots of walking in high degree weather, not guaranteed a paycheck
Very fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 11, 2015
I loved my hours, Loved my boss and co-workers. Overall great place to work. Didn't have much stress or boss looking over my shoulder all the time. I came in and did my job and made sure the warehouse was clean and everything was taken care of from the night shift. Learned to work with excel and word, how to make spread sheets that we used to do payroll with. Learned how to deal with irrate employees and customers, how to correct payroll. The hardest part was not enough hours, was only part time. I loved working with everyone. We always had a great time chatting while we were working, catching up when someone was on vacation.
Pros
Great boss, great co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours
Enjoyable place to work for
Carrier (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GAJuly 1, 2015
a typical night at work you would deliver between 100 to 300 to the home and businesses of paid subscribers. All the workers kept to there self none of them bothered anybody. All the management and staff where cool whenever you needed help they assisted you with.
great work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 20, 2014
I loved working for this company. This job provided a healthy and positive work environment. The salary was decent and the company treated employees fairly. I formed great partnerships with coworkers while working for this company.
Pros
friendly workers
Cons
short breaks
Its a great environment where you meet and talk to different people with cultural differences.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaNovember 13, 2014
I love the job, its based on customer service and sales. Most times you get those thats not interested and some that will brighten up your day. The hardest thing is temporary defeat, because sitting there without getting sales is not fun. My job consist of comission, so if you dont get sales, you dont eat. The fun part is just being there making people happy. I love making people happy, because a happy customer would always guarantee service.
Pros
you make your own schedule, you on your time.
Cons
only comission, it should be another incentive.
Productive and time sensitive
PACKAGING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 24, 2014
At AJC, a typical day at work is where all the machines are functioning properly and production quotas are met. What I learn working in the company is paying particular attention to instructions, detail orientation and precision of work performance. However insistent management tend to be on getting production quotas done according to schedule, a culture of cooperation from employees seems to prevail in the company. The hardest part of the job is where machines malfunction and targeted quotas seem to delay. On a good day, however, when work activities run on schedule, a sense of accomplishment floods the individual's heart with joy.
Pros
it maintains an educative work environment
Cons
it is a strictly part-time job
best job ever
Courier (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 5, 2014
This job was all late hours but was lovely. You had to get to the warehouse by the time the truck arrived at 2am. You line to get the papers that was on your sheet of paper, put them in the color bag they belonged in, load your car and take off. You can blast your music and eat and drink because you are in the comfort of your own car. After you deliver your papers you just go home, no going back to the warehouse to check in with management at all...You do have a sort of time frame but they are ok with you taking a bit more time and on Sundays you have alot more time
Pros
great pay
Cons
you work 7 days a week
If you love top brand apparel its for you
Newspaper Delivery (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 19, 2014
- Pretty smooth unless its Saturday
- I learned about the different sports apparel
- Management needs improvement
- Coworkers were pretty cool
- Trying to compete for a paycheck was probably the hardest part of the job
- Best part would definitely be the discounted prices
Pros
discounted apparel, fast paced
Cons
no job security, management needs improvement
well organized company
Inserter, Deliver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 5, 2014
Atlanta Journal Constitution Warehouse was a great place to work in. Everybody had their own station in which he or she was not bothered while working. The hardest part of the job was when the job start cutting the hours down from the employers.
Pros
great working environment
Mail Room operator
Mail Room Operator (Former Employee) –  AtlantaJuly 18, 2014
Operator and maintain a Cheshire Machine, Feed the news paper through the machine and labels put on papers.

Heavy equipment/ Forklift driver

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlanta Journal Constitution. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8