Atlanta Metropolitan State College

Atlanta Metropolitan State College Employer Reviews

The University System of Georgia has created a atmosphere of dedicated faculty, counselors and students all for one cause... Higher Edu.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: awarding, working with educators, meeting new people
Cons: breaks are almost non-existent
A typical day of the Learning Support office caters to students who need academic support. I would determine the student's needs or concerns and direct them to the appropriate counselor that may assist them further. Provided full administrative support, including maintaining student's electronic filing system of students records and test scores.

I've – more... learned to work with a diverse group of people.

I supported over 20 full and adjunct faculty members and 4 Counselors supervised by the department Chair. The office was always busy with students activities.

The most challenging part of the job was setting up bi-weekly meetings with faculty members and Chair, due to the busyness of the office and difficulty of getting everyone together..

I enjoyed the satisfaction of students passing the Compass exam, which allowed them to move forward with their education. – less
Meaningful position working with students
Senior Secretary (Former Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaMarch 11, 2014
Pros: able to self improve by attending courses
Cons: breaks or lunch was often a luxury
Highly fast paced busy environment, where I was self-directed and self-managed. Enjoyed working with the students and faculty. Often became attached to students and their achievements,
Law-Enforcement environment
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 4, 2012
I handle all the officers office work. Answer multiple lines, dispatch officers and clerical work. The hardest part of the job is not being compensated enough for the amount of work required. The most enjoyable part of the job is work in such a friendly environment and learning new things everyday.