Atlanta Mission Employee Reviews

Love this Company
Volunteer/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 1, 2016
I gained so much experience working with this small family oriented company. I started as a mail clerk and worked my way up to Floating Manager assisting in the different sites.
A typical day included recruiting, training & scheduling volunteers.
Volunteer Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2015
Average workplace with little to no support. Completely about the numbers with no regard for the employee. Leadership with tendencies to fake care & concern for the media & potential donors. Tremendous amount of red tape and politics. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with volunteers, colleagues & serving the clients.
A productive and developmental volunteer experience.
Jr. Staff (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GAJune 26, 2014
As a volunteer working for the atlanta mission my days consisted of being a counselors assistant during the day. Supervising a task area in the afternoon. Engaging clients to assess their progress through program at night. In down time I would see to specifically assigned projects. No two days were ever the same and that provided lots of opportunity for growth and development. With my extensive customer service background I have worked with a montage of people and personalities but never in an environment where I was "at work" 24/7. While challenging, this taught me a higher degree of patience and serenity along with sharpening my multi-tasking skills.
Management was always supportive and willing to provide opportunities for growth. My co-workers are a small but reliable group that makes the job easier.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the transformation that clients have after completing the program.
Great place to work, because of the mission to helping the homeless.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2014
Typical days work involved servicing the community by trying to end homelessness. My management team was very supportive and had a open door policy. I got along with all co-workers and management team members. The hardest part of the job was not being able to serve every callers needs. The most important part of the job was seeing the smiles on the kids and mother faces when they was placed in a safe and stabled enviroment.
Cons
not having a open postion for me after the assignment ended
Most of time, the environment was good.
Assistant Manager/Sr. Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Roswell, Ga 30076February 12, 2013
It was a great job helping others and having the ability to make someone smile or provide clothing to a needy family.
Pros
discounts on merchandise
Cons
no benefits
The mission could be the perfect place to work.
Social Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2013
As with any job things could be better. The compensation is low but the work enviorment and staff make it a little better.
Productive place to work
COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 1, 2014
Working for the Atlanta Mission has allowed me to change client's lives for the best.
A Place of Help
Volunteer Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2012
Atlanta Mission was a place for those to come that were seeking emergency shelter, as well recovery from any life addictions.
Amazing Place To Work
Call Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 15, 2012
Very rewarding place to work. I believe in what they stand for 100%.
Pros
great benenfits-very rewarding

2.7