Atlanta Mission Employee Reviews

Great employer
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2017
Truly a blessing working with them. They give you chances. They teach and train, They love on you. This was what I needed to fill part of my purpose that God had in store
Pros
not enough money to help people
Cons
need more benefits
Not a safe place to work/Poor management/stressful work environment
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2017
Liked the job itself- the patients and their families. I felt I really made a difference in their lives. Management was terrible and didn't care about the clients except as props for the donors. The company did not treat the employees very well. If you are part of the in crowd you will probably do well, or you are a " good ole boy". Staff with direct patient contact are overworked consistently and asked to meet non existing standards which was impossible.

You can expect to be worked hard while they are trying to figure out what they are, and then discarded under some false pretense. Politics are a major part of this organization and if you are not a "yes man" you will not advance. Rules don't apply to everyone at this organization as there are favorites and those who "can do no wrong " because they are part of "leadership". The culture at that place can create a hostile work environment where doing your job can become a liability especially if you were not part of the favored few. I learned what I don't want in a work environment while working here. Very stressful work environment and a poor work/home life balance, as they seem to expect you to be available even after work hours.

There are many other quality organizations to work for to make a difference I would encourage you to pick one of them as you will regret working for the Atlanta mission. Working there will leave you feeling stagnant, and not moving forward professionally. This company is very unstable and the management is a joke.They are forever working on a "model", then they ax everyone from the old model,
  more... without probable cause, all hogwash! They claim to want "team work" but don't even understand the meaning of the term. I am happily moving forward and writing off my time there as a closed chapter in life experience.  less
Pros
Actually working with the clients and the experience gained thereby.
Cons
poor compensation, poor managers, not enough focus on the clients, overworked consistently, poor balance between work and home life
Very Helpful with Experience
Director of Operations (in school related project) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2017
Atlanta Mission is a great organization that I feel is very helpful towards Atlanta as a society. Working with them gave me so many opportunities and connections, and I really enjoyed my time working with them.
Amazing work environment where everyone truly cares for one another!
Awesome Employee (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2017
This organization truly puts its employees first. I have never experienced anything like it!

The advancement opportunities are available, if one is focused enough to determine the direction they want to grow in.

We have quarterly campus-wide meetings, where all staff get together for a time of great food, music, song, and laughter. This is truly one of the most amazing places to work.

We have a well-developed team-based approach, which helps in solving client crises, and definitely attests to our mission of ending homelessness through Christ, one friend at a time.
Pros
Free lunches (MSH), sweet Christmas bonuses, ample support from team
Cons
Divide/distance from management to lower ranking staff
Love this Company
Volunteer/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 1, 2016
I gained so much experience working with this small family oriented company. I started as a mail clerk and worked my way up to Floating Manager assisting in the different sites.
Drug addiction facility with challenging task and a gymnasium
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, GAOctober 2, 2015
Typical day includes maintaining al buildings. Doing a walk thru each area to see if anything needs attention. Completing task as needed. Instruct clients on what needs to be done and completed. Train clients as well. I have learned to be patient and understanding to the clients (drug addicts) needs and position. My co-workers are outstanding to work with. We all understand what we are faced with everyday. the hardest part of the job is the ability to comprehend what the clients are going thru and to constantly be patient. Also, the availability of financial assistance from upper management for needed funds to complete or start needed repairs at different locations. Most enjoyable part of job is doing the tasks that I know and have high experience with completing and at times have a challenge in starting and completing.
Pros
Free lunch, fitness room, company vehicle to drive, healthcare
Cons
salary not enough to compensate duties and responsibilities.
A typical day included recruiting, training & scheduling volunteers.
Volunteer Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2015
Average workplace with little to no support. Completely about the numbers with no regard for the employee. Leadership with tendencies to fake care & concern for the media & potential donors. Tremendous amount of red tape and politics. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with volunteers, colleagues & serving the clients.
Productive place to work
COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 1, 2014
Working for the Atlanta Mission has allowed me to change client's lives for the best.
A productive and developmental volunteer experience.
Jr. Staff (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GAJune 26, 2014
As a volunteer working for the atlanta mission my days consisted of being a counselors assistant during the day. Supervising a task area in the afternoon. Engaging clients to assess their progress through program at night. In down time I would see to specifically assigned projects. No two days were ever the same and that provided lots of opportunity for growth and development. With my extensive customer service background I have worked with a montage of people and personalities but never in an environment where I was "at work" 24/7. While challenging, this taught me a higher degree of patience and serenity along with sharpening my multi-tasking skills.
Management was always supportive and willing to provide opportunities for growth. My co-workers are a small but reliable group that makes the job easier.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the transformation that clients have after completing the program.
Great place to work, because of the mission to helping the homeless.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2014
Typical days work involved servicing the community by trying to end homelessness. My management team was very supportive and had a open door policy. I got along with all co-workers and management team members. The hardest part of the job was not being able to serve every callers needs. The most important part of the job was seeing the smiles on the kids and mother faces when they was placed in a safe and stabled enviroment.
Cons
Not having a open postion for me after the assignment ended
The mission could be the perfect place to work.
Social Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2013
As with any job things could be better. The compensation is low but the work enviorment and staff make it a little better.
Most of time, the environment was good.
Assistant Manager/Sr. Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Roswell, Ga 30076February 12, 2013
It was a great job helping others and having the ability to make someone smile or provide clothing to a needy family.
Pros
discounts on merchandise
Cons
no benefits
Amazing Place To Work
Call Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 15, 2012
Very rewarding place to work. I believe in what they stand for 100%.
Pros
great benenfits-very rewarding
A Place of Help
Volunteer Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2012
Atlanta Mission was a place for those to come that were seeking emergency shelter, as well recovery from any life addictions.