Atlanta Mission

Atlanta Mission United States Employee Reviews

A productive and developmental volunteer experience.
Jr. Staff (Former Employee), Jefferson, GAJune 26, 2014
As a volunteer working for the atlanta mission my days consisted of being a counselors assistant during the day. Supervising a task area in the afternoon. Engaging clients to assess their progress through program at night. In down time I would see to specifically assigned projects. No two days were ever the same and that provided lots of opportunity for growth and development. With my extensive customer service background I have worked with a montage of people and personalities but never in an environment where I was "at work" 24/7. While challenging, this taught me a higher degree of patience and serenity along with sharpening my multi-tasking skills.
Management was always supportive and willing to provide opportunities for growth. My co-workers are a small but reliable group that makes the job easier.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the transformation that clients have after completing the program.
Great place to work, because of the mission to helping the homeless.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2014
Cons: not having a open postion for me after the assignment ended
Typical days work involved servicing the community by trying to end homelessness. My management team was very supportive and had a open door policy. I got along with all co-workers and management team members. The hardest part of the job was not being able to serve every callers needs. The most important part of the job was seeing the smiles on the kids and mother faces when they was placed in a safe and stabled enviroment.
The mission could be the perfect place to work.
Social Services Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2013
As with any job things could be better. The compensation is low but the work enviorment and staff make it a little better.
Most of time, the environment was good.
Assistant Manager/Sr. Key Holder (Former Employee), Roswell, Ga 30076February 12, 2013
Pros: discounts on merchandise
Cons: no benefits
It was a great job helping others and having the ability to make someone smile or provide clothing to a needy family.
Amazing Place To Work
Call Center Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 15, 2012
Pros: great benenfits-very rewarding
Very rewarding place to work. I believe in what they stand for 100%.
A Place of Help
Volunteer Receptionist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2012
Atlanta Mission was a place for those to come that were seeking emergency shelter, as well recovery from any life addictions.