Atlanta Public Schools

Atlanta Public Schools Employer Reviews

Productive and fast pace
Information Technology/Logistics (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: reimbursement for gas
Cons: no overtime
A typical day @ APS was we would have our morning meetings for the objectives for that day before going out into the district to service the schools .I have learned how to pace my self in a fast pace environment in addition to that how to manage,my time wisely to meet objectives. The team I worked with was an outstanding group of individuals we worked hard. The most challenging part of the job was working around the students while they were in class. The most enjoyable was we had nice times as a team.
Very difficult culture
Administrator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 9, 2015
I enjoyed the work that I was able to do for the kids but the work environment was very stressful. Personal politics hampered productivity.
Poor leadership
Human Resources (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: pay, time-off, serving the schools
Cons: leadership
APS culture is one of bullying and intimidation, it is not a good place to work. The most enjoyable part of working for APS was supporting the schools.
Seasonal
Ticket Taker/Ticket Seller (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: interact with others and help organize the entry of games.
Cons: not consistent during the basketball season
This job is only seasonal during basketball season. I collect money and tickets during basketball games. Calculate earnings at end of game for deposits. It's an easy way to meet new people and enjoy the game.
Compensates financially more than any other school system around
Gifted and Talented Educator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: supportive parents and families and friendly staff members.
Cons: changing work locations almost daily, not having all my materials in one place.
I have had the opportunity to be a traveling gifted teacher. I have worked at two elementary schools and at three of their campuses.
awesome
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: benefits none
A rewarding feeling assisting teachers and students everyday.
Working with young adults to achieve success
The local school environment is rewarding and positive and the school district is fair.
utilizing developed skills while being challenged with learning new skills
Special Education Paraprofessional (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2015
A typical day is working diligently to obtain the objective for the day while maintaining a positive attitude.
Decent work environment.
Paraprofessional Educator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2015
Typical day involves teaching the curriculum. Learned how implement different teaching strategies. Adminstrative management was good and got along well with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was adapting to un-scheduled changes in assignments. The most enjoyable part of the job was educating students and watching them learn.
Public Education
Film Teacher (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 21, 2014
Public Education has it downfalls. There is no perfect system. There were great day and there were bad days. The school system is in a transitional period. There is new leadership that is sure to change a lot of things in the city.
Safety for school age children
School Crossing Guard (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 4, 2014
A typical day working as a school crossing guard included assisting to keep elementary age school children safe while traveling back and forth to school.
Student focused
Teacher (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 24, 2014
This is an amazing school district to work for. I believed in it so much that my three children were also products of the learning environment.
HIGH stress environment.
Business Education Teacher (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2014
Pros: extensive vacation time (holidays and summers).
Cons: all accountability for student learning on teachers. none on student, parents, or community.
The hardest part of the job is the constantly changing priorities of the administration for the teachers. Compliance or threats to your future job security. My co-workers are helpful but also stressed and unhappy.
The best part of my job used to be teaching and helping my students learn. Now I must test, collect data, analyze data, and teach according to the data. Teaching is a dynamic, fluid, flexible, profession. It does not lend itself well to rigidity.
love working with kids
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 22, 2014
Great assisting the principle and helping the kids. Great environment.
ENJOY SEEING CHILDREN HAPPY.
Food Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2014
PREPARING NUTRIUTION MEALS FOR THE CHILDREN,PREPING COOKING,CLEANING,AT THE END OF THE DAY KNOWING THAT YOU HAVE DONE A GREATJOB .
Productive and Fun.
Parent Liaison (Former Employee), Dobbs Elementary SchoolOctober 7, 2014
My work day required me to meet and greet parents, and provide parenting tools to help parents become more involved in the education of their children. I learned how to involve families and communities in the decision making of educational endeavors. My principal suppoorted continuing educational programs in which i appreciated. My coworkers were a diverse group of people but all of them shared something special in educating children. The hardest part of my job was organizing documentation in a portfolio as it is used to present to the state Title I office. The most enjoyable part of my job was acknowledging the growth of parental involvement in the school and assisting parents and students in reaching their academic achievements.
The peo/cons of Teaching In teaching with APS.
Social Studies Teacher (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: seeing your students succed.
Cons: seeing some students fail.
A typical day a school starts with hall patrol and security checks of
the campus. Next, taking homeroom attendance. From the end of
homeroom I would teach students in grades 7-12 social science. The
most enjoyable aspect of teaching is seeing your students succeed.
The hardest part of the job is not getting full support from the parents
and the community at large in your efforts to educated your students.
atlanta public schools
HVAC Technician (Current Employee), ATLANTA ,GASeptember 29, 2014
No advancement for skilled labor. no training unfair treatment, work life is great
Well-structured district with competitive salary and benefits.
Special Ed Teacher (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2014
A typical day at work involved instruction in a student-centered inter-related classroom. There are many opportunities for professional development and with adequate experience there may be opportunities for advancement as well.
education
Classroom Teacher (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 9, 2014
working with students is very enjoyable and rewarding, the benefits are no great and you often take work home
Excellent place to work
Fifth Grade Teacher (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: opportunities
Cons: far from residence
Started as a Substitute Teacher and became certified at the request of the principal.

1 2 3 4 5

About Atlanta Public Schools

Atlanta Public Schools is one of the top-performing urban school systems in America. When students pass through our doors and – Read more