Atlantic Aviation Employee Reviews

Too much micro-management
Line Service (Current Employee) –  CAFebruary 20, 2017
All around, not a very good company. Pay is ok but maxed out. Management needs to more personable with the employees. Overall, I enjoy the transportation industry, however, I need to be challenged more in life.
Horrible place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 2, 2017
Manager over turn was ridiculous and most managers hired were incompetent. Although, the lower level staff were a pleasure to work with, I made a lot of friends and still maintain contact with them.
Pros
Lower level staff was great to work with
Cons
Managment
over all, it was worth it
Line Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMJanuary 16, 2017
a typical day was parking, towing, and fueling a plane. when there is no planes you do your chores and what the bosses want.
Pros
bosses will work around your college schedule
Cons
there is nothing to do
Real Good
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 27, 2016
Treated with respect. They show you why they are the best. In training show you how to be very safe and up to standards in every facet of the job. Really take your well being into a very Safe Productive mind.
Pros
Free lunches, good tips, awesome jets.
Cons
loud environment even with ear plugs. not man time for breaks during the job in season.
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CT 06114December 18, 2016
Management was fare
Hours were decent
Clean facility
Very friendly atmosphere
Good pay rate
Company participates in all holidays and supports ideas from all their employees.
Pros
All of the above
Cons
You have to act as cleaning crew too and scrub the restrooms
Don't work here
LINE SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84116December 16, 2016
I hated working here. The pay was decent but the management was horrible and did nothing but sit in their office and watch us on the cameras.
Pros
free meals
Cons
horrible management
High stress job with unrealistic demands.
Line Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2016
The new management is still trying to clean up the mess left behind by old management as well as deal with the headache of a huge construction project.
Constantly apologizing to customers and pilots for being unable to meet their requests due to under staffing.
This job is the epitome of 'Same Stuff, Different Day.'
Turnover runs rampant. Good employees leave after a few months or within a year.
Occasionally decent tips.
Some pilots/mechanics are understanding.
Pros
Lots of overtime avalible due to turnover/understaffing/scheduling.
Cons
*See review* Almost everyone will talk down to you.
Fast pace, great company
Line Operations Supervisor (Graveyard MOD) (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA 95110December 8, 2016
depending on the shift you work the work flow can change. This is a 24/7 operation. Most employees use this experience to either advance or move on to the next opportunity.

This is not a retail part time job. Expect to gain a wide range of experience here in private aviation.
Exciting and interesting work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 16, 2016
This employer was an exciting and interesting experience, there was and is a lot to learn. Learning about aircrafts and a day to day life at the airport always has something new for you, however, a very stressful environment and not so much encouragement. Hardest part of the job is the amount of detail to every little aspect of the software/system and the most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting all the different types of people who come to and from the FBO.
Pros
Meet great pilots and people, free lunches at times
Cons
Short breaks, schedule and stressful
Ambitious Young Man
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 9, 2016
Active/ Busy
Learn Teamwork. Pacing Myself
Friendly Co-workers
Great Management
N/A
Making Money
Nice seeing the different aircrafts. Also, its nice meeting new people on a daily basis.
Working as a refueller was difficult
Refueled all aircraft, customer service (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 16, 2016
I had never worked as a refueller before the work was hard but I was able to get it done. The crew I worked with were great and hardworking.
Pros
early morning shift
Cons
outside job so the weather was difficult to deal with
great work enviroment
LST Night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAOctober 10, 2016
Great and exciting place to work always on the go and constantly learning new key factor to provide excellent customer service. The management and fellow works are great
Productive and professional setting with great co workers
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 3, 2016
I absolutely loved working for Atlantic Aviation.
Growing in a professional environment where my energy and drive and motivation to learn were put to good use. I was taught a lot though I was only there a short period of time I enjoyed working for this company.
Pros
great co workers great hours
Cons
1 hour drive from home
Decent place to work
Lead Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 13, 2016
Great place to work as long as you do your job. Stick to the rules. This base is unionized so each month expect to pay in. If you have a great work ethic you'll do great here.
Pros
working outdoors and dealing with great customers
Cons
union dues and camera's everywhere watching you despite what they say
Great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 10, 2016
It was great working there and getting to know their system. Management and other coworkers are very professional and well trained.
Fun people, fun job, good experience, management decent
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 7, 2016
If you have a love for aircraft and customer service this is the perfect blend. Im sure it's different for every FBO, but at PHL the management could use a little work/change. They will be nice to your face and then turn around and say something else, which is frustrating for someone trying to learn to do the job correctly. Job training is supposed to be done but I pretty much had to rely on my experience from my previous job. Anyone who has never worked a flightline better make friends that will teach you. Most people that work there are great with a few exceptions. Would recommend, but go in watching your back. You'll learn who you can and cant trust in time.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLAugust 26, 2016
cleaning maintaining stock and office, repair sprinkler, friendly atmosphere always willing to help also maintained hangars repaired sewer line. Took care of lawns shrubs and trees
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
did not get enough hours
Great working environment
Line Pilot (Former Employee) –  Lagos, GUAugust 25, 2016
I enjoyed every bit of my time at Atlantic Aviation. I received the highest standard of training from very highly experienced Captains. Perfect working environment, very happy and progressive family.
Pros
Very High Safety and Training Standards.
Cons
Very Minimal Flying Time.
costumer service career
Aircraft Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 31, 2016
spent my days unloading/loading planes, cleaning lavatories, fueling planes and catering to costumer needs.
Like any other FBO in job type. Horrible management.
LINE SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 14, 2016
I went into the job wanting to stay a few years as I went through schooling and possibly move up in the company. Then I met management. They are a micromanaging, anti-schooling, controlling bunch that will do anything and everything to put limits on everything you do for no reason. Changing their minds on rules from one moment to another. Tips are a huge thing for working at an FBO, management would steal them from us and lie about it. Horrible place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlantic Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9