Atlantic Aviation Employee Reviews

A corporate Fixed Base Operation
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Every day was unpredictable and exciting
Cons: Several to name
Very Busy- where nothing is predictable- accommodate high profile clients and dignitaries-from high profile teams all the way to the president of the United States. Where discretion is necessary. employee scheduling- create an efficient and hospitable environment to travelers- Home of the Kentucky Derby's most honorable clientale
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMay 16, 2015
Atlantic has good company values that would help them grow. I have learned how to be a better team player and the value of each individual customer.
Customer Service Rep.
Customer Service Representative/Account Assistant (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLApril 27, 2015
Assisting customers with fueling of there aircraft, booking car and hotels for there stay in Florida. I've learned some customers are harder to please. The hardest part is not being able to get my manager to assist me with irate customer. The most enjoyable part is having a upset customer and having him leave with a smile.
Job with many titles.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Waukesha, WIApril 7, 2015
Pros: Work outside, Work with airplanes
Cons: Long hours, on call
Ensured compliance with all Federal, State, Local and foreign
regulations. Directed ground traffic, maintenance or baggage vehicles and airport workers.
amazing experience
Line service technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: free flights.
Cons: No breaks.
coming in contact with aviation industry was a wonderful experience. learned something new every single day. The only hardest part of the job was being outdoor all day.
Oustanding Company
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 18, 2015
This company is great. The work and dealing with customer, clients and crew was very rewarding and satisfying. It was a great pleasure helping the public
Not a company I would recommend anyone work for
Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 3, 2015
Not a company I would recommend anyone work for whether it be salary or hourly. This is an industry that is not going upward.
Loved working with the public.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 3, 2015
I loved working/managing our staff and our customers. Customer service has always been my forte and I am extremely good at it. I wore a lot of hats with this company and enjoyed every second.
Fast pace work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: customers, coworkers, job itself
Cons: supervisors, some of the management, pay
Overall the job is great, you learn something new everyday. Working with the customers and providing excellent customer service I love. Most coworkers are super nice and easy to work with. Pilots love Atlantic because of the employees and attention to service needs.

However, management I don't agree with. Customer Service supervisors should be more friendly to their employees. A lot of favoritism. A lot of last minute calls to come in early and unfair work schedules. We should be getting paid a lot more too with everything we do and go through on a daily basis. New employees are not properly trained either due to so many getting hired at once. And no raises, don't let them trick you into thinking we get those here.
I loved the customers
Line Service Lead (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAJanuary 27, 2015
The fact of working around Private Aircraft was the best! And the Customers were awesome most of the time.
High paced work environment on the airport flight line.
Flight Line Supervisor (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: work with aircraft.
Work closely with private and military aircraft owners and operators. Maintain a safe and efficient work environment. Ensure communication flows smoothly and accurately from the general manager to all subordinates.
Work with and around state of the art aircraft.
If you like drama go here
Head CSR (Former Employee), Addison, TXNovember 25, 2014
Management or lack there of makes a huge impact on how this place is being ran.
productive wor place with room to advance for promotions
CSR (Former Employee), El Paso, TXNovember 25, 2014
Pros: interacting with different people
Cons: no health insurance
I have a lot of experience in management. I enjoy meeting new people and having a challenge while at work. I have excellent people skills, and customer service. Looking for not just any job, I want a career.
Fast-paced, fun place, low-paying wages.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), IllinoisOctober 30, 2014
Answer phones, assist customers with hotel reservations, vehicle car rentals; aircraft servicing business. Managers are friendly and down to earth. Cons: low wages.
Productive with personality, mutitasking and efficency
CSR (Former Employee), Jackson, MSOctober 6, 2014
Seeking a long term full time position needing someone with a great personality that does well during challenges , able to multitask , stay efficient, be reliable and responsible
its ok if you dont have plans for a brighter future
Line Service Technician (Current Employee), Addison, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: pay and tips (if any allowed)
Cons: management is terrible and schedule is hectic
they allow little to no advancement you'll get one raise then stay there for a good while
fun fast paced
Line Technician (Former Employee), Hartford, CTAugust 25, 2014
good place to work to grow in a company.
fast paced work , good people and management
Great place to work, focused on safety and the safety of the workplace.
Line Service technician (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INAugust 20, 2014
Pros: tips, connections in aviation, good benefits, decent coworkers
Cons: giving raises when needed, breaks, hectic.
Co-Workers are very helpful. Management was very helpful and concerned with the well being of all employees. The pay is decent but could be slightly and better especially with the organization in giving the reviews for the raises.
El Paso location needs management employees act like children
Shuttle Driver for atlantic customers (Current Employee), El PasoAugust 6, 2014
Pros: modern facility well kept
Cons: rude employees no sense of customer service lack of basic humanity and honesty
I have worked with Atlantic Aviation over the course of years picking up their customers and driving them to local hotels, night spots.

I know the company from the front office point of view.

Even for El Paso Atlantic Aviation employees reach a new low for immature behavior, inability to communicate in English or Spanish.

This is the face of the company. Just call their office and you will quickly see what I am talking about.

I would say rude, very unhelpful, and it was so obvious that my phone call or personal appearance was such a boring distraction from texting or sending a selfie
Fun job for the most part, but no incentive to go above and beyond. Management was the worst.
Line Service Tech (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJuly 29, 2014
Pros: decent pay, enjoyed working with my coworkers, most of the customers were pretty cool.
Cons: management only cared about money. they never recognized any of our accomplishments, which made it so none of us cared anymore. all the equipment was constantly breaking.
A typical day of work for me consisted of fueling airplanes with my coworkers and making sure that pilots and owners were well taken care of. I learned quite a bit during my time at Atlantic, and now after working there I can identify most any plane that comes onto our ramp.

My main gripe about this job was management. When I was hired the manager was a cool guy and all my coworkers and all of the clients loved him, because he took good care of everyone. For example, when it snowed out he would stay at work and not leave until all the snow was plowed/ shoveled. After about 4 months of working there he went on a leave of absence due to personal issues, and a new manager came in to take his place (he ended up quitting). Management after my old manager left were no longer team players. The new manager treated us all poorly and constantly patronized us, treating us all like we were 12 year olds. Also, the new manager and her boss (our regional manager) never compliment us or gave us incentive to go above and beyond our normal duties. This caused all of us Line Techs to simply stop caring about our jobs because none of us wanted to be there. We started to just do the bare minimum amount of work possible, simply because we were in such poor working conditions, which leads me to my next point: The equipment.

At Atlantic we are always told "Safety First," and every month we had meeting talking about accidents and incidents and how to prevent them. It was hard to safely do our jobs when the equipment constantly was broken. For example, all of the safety features (emergency shut off – more... valves, brake interlocks, etc) were broken on the fuel trucks, due to poor maintenance and unwillingness to spend money on fixing broken equipment because "It wasn't in our budget." It all starts because corporate gives us third or fourth hand equipment (our newest fuel truck was from 2002... The rest are from the early 90s) which barely worked in the first place. Combine that with a lack of inspections or maintenance and management is surprised when things break.

An incident that really stands out to me is when our GPU would shut off under load, but yet management still insisted we try and use it for the corporate jets that came in. We tried it on all three jets and it died on all of them, but management still had the gall to charge these customers $40 a piece for using the GPU. These money hungry policies, combined with terrible management and non working equipment are what made working for Atlantic Aviation at Brainard a terrible experience. The only redeeming quality was the cool coworkers and clients. – less