Atlantic Broadband Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent company with opportunitew for advancement
Commercial Sales Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PADecember 24, 2015
We are provided with proper training and tools to accomplish our daily job description responsibilities.

Management is open to our opinions and innovative ideas for job and company improvement.

I have learned to coach teams, provide outstanding customer service and am encouraged to excel at my own unique skills.

We work well together as teams within our department and inter-departmentally.

The hardest part is providing additional resolutions for customer requests after sales are closed.

I enjoy the customer interaction and the ability to meet goals and to be considered an integral member of the team.
Pros
Company support of employees as individual entities as well as a whole.
Cons
Difficult schedules
A lot of work and most people are good to work with
Director of Voice Services (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJanuary 19, 2016
Staff employees are good to work with, management is okay and the company is changing. The work it self is what you make of it and can be good.
Productive Work Place
Customer Service, Sales, Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLAugust 11, 2015
Building rapport with customers and finding there needs for tv,internet, phone service. I learned that the cable company is always evolving to compete with customers needs. Management is great. They help you grow within the company and give great tips on how to be great. My co-worker are very helpful. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with new innovating technology. The most enjoyable part of the job is witnessing a customer happy about the plan they've chose.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
irate customers
A good company to work for
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAApril 15, 2015
My job duties are listed on my resume and were very diverse. There was routine to the job, that changed according to the week of the month and needs of the business.
I learned how to do a good job while working in the midst of other employees performing their jobs, developing the ability to hear what was going on around me, but being able to focus on my own job duties.
The management of the company is easy to work for and the entire base of the company was based on a "we" culture which encouraged camaraderie.
My co-workers were my work family, we worked hard, played hard, and helped each other if needed.
The hardest part of the job were the times when extra duties needed to be completed for auditing purposes. They needed to be completed in a timely manner as well as normal work duties. During these times it was all about organization and focus.
The most enjoyable part of the job was our accuracy review lunches. My department processed about 10,000 invoices monthly. For every month that we had at least 99% accuracy we were treated to a department lunch. We rarely missed one.
Very Outgoing and Cultural Environment
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLFebruary 11, 2016
Although there were some black sheeps like in any other place, Atlantic gave me a lot to miss for and desire to still be working there. Unfortunately, Atlantic was hit by the economy as well as many of us during the recession of 2009. Too bad is also gone!!!!!! VERY GOOD COMPANY, EXCELLENT COMPANY, I MISS IT!!!!
not the best
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLSeptember 11, 2015
at this place you have to be careful, the management may seem like they like you but they are backstabbing you specially HR.
pay was very well but you did have to deal with a lot of things.
Pros
free cable
Cons
bad management, no room to grow
Productive workplace
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDMarch 27, 2015
Typical day was testing cable set top boxes, modems, and routers. I learned a lot about the hardware and software of the cable boxes how to troubleshoot easily. Co-workers and management were great but at times lack of communication.
Excellent Opportunity
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAFebruary 5, 2015
You really cannot find a better opportunity for this area than with Atlantic Broadband, especially for not having an advanced degree. The benefits are excellent, the people are wonderful and the compensation is superb!
drama + stress
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  johnstown paMarch 7, 2013
Very stressful job and even extra stressful environment.
A lot of unnecessary micromanagement. Lots of favoritism.
A very misogynist environment. Chauvinist and racist.

There is not a reliable way to control how many hours each works.
I always worked extra, yet others came in late every day without getting in trouble, and making the same money.

The tech support supervisors have their favorites whom are protected against everything.

I once complained about being poorly treated, and they completely disregarded my complaint, instead, they did an examination of my work until they found something they did not liked and suspended me for it.

Would I recommend this place to work? No, you would end up spending all your paycheck in chiropractor to get rid of the stress on your back and neck, and therapy to cry out the unfair situations, the constant customer's insults and the overall stressful situations you would experience here.
Pros
free cable & internet
Cons
stress, poor management little money
Great Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barnwell, SCMarch 22, 2012
I really enjoy working for this company but now I want to move with my fiance and his job can"t tranfer fro the army so i have to sacrifice my career here to be with my husband..the pay at this job isn't the best but it's worth me being there because i enjoy getting up to go to work.
Pros
easy work, convient for dealing with the kids
Cons
pay is not much
friendly place to work.
installer tech (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAMarch 21, 2013
intalling phone, internet and cable services at multiple locations. you are by yourself 99 percent of the time. there is no one on top of your every movement. its like you are your own boss. always room for advancement.
Pros
meeting alot of new people every day. everyone treated as equals
Great Place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Middletown, DESeptember 30, 2014
Ok place to work. Management could be better. Pays very well.
Atlantic Broadband Tech Support - Altoona Call Center
Master Technical Support Representative One (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJuly 31, 2014
This company is amazing it gives its employees every opportunity to grow and flourish. The managerial staff was always available for questions and was ready to listen when someone had an idea. They encourage educational growth and had strong ties to the local community. Their training department was always on point and the director of the tech support department ensured his employees needs were met.
Good company
Voice Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAJanuary 18, 2015
Enjoy working with co-workers as they are helpful and good teachers.
Best Job Ever
Information Technology Administration (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLAugust 26, 2014
I had the opportunity to grow within and it was earned not given, reason why every position earned was very valuable to me.
Pros
is a samll business.
Cons
is not originally from miami.
Customer first professional corporation
Customer Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMay 24, 2012
A typical day at Atlantic Broadband is fast-paced and extremely engaging. The Customer Care department is very team oriented and very customer friendly. A full day consists of taking inbound calls from our customer base with issues ranging from service troubleshooting to new customer sign ups. Our training is very thorough and all of our representatives are very cognizant when it comes to our products and services.

I've learned a wide range of knowledge working for this company. I was not privy to the telecommunications business and upon being hired I went through extensive training that was exciting and refreshing. This company focuses on nurturing each employee to their full potential, and I believe that this company has assisted me in reaching my full potential. There are many employee incentives that allows one to take full advantage of attending classes and training so that one can excel.

Management is hard working, knowledgeable and fair. They do not micro manage and allow the leadership team to manage and control the work environment. Management gives positive and concise feedback to help the leadership team grow as a whole.

My co-workers are outstanding, they are extremely friendly and helpful and focus on the team philosophy.

The most difficult thing about this job is that there just never seems to be enough time, otherwise I could not deem anything difficult but rather a challenge which I consider healthy and necessary. In that challenge of figuring things out and completely engulfing myself in the job is the most enjoyable part for me.
Pros
challenging, fast-paced, fun, team-enviroment
Cons
scheduling
Great management, great people
Outside Sales/Business Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCSeptember 16, 2014
Continual sales training, excellent sales support. Great co-workers with team work and drive to surpass sales objectives.
Pros
continual sales training
Cons
location
Customer Care Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAApril 26, 2013
My reviews overall would consist of advanced review, on my last review before I left for vacation was at a 100%.
Pros
to interact with customers on a daily basis.
Cons
the cons of this job would be that i loved the opportunity to work overtime, to make time for myself and not get burned out.
Work with local guest and feel connected to the community.
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay Village, FLJune 26, 2014
Fun and friendly atmosphere, with easy going relate-able clients.
One of the best places in cable to work
Corporate Vice President of Sales (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 9, 2012
We began the company in 2004 with one vision - provide customers with the best communications experience and deliver results back to our investors - we exceeded both of these goals

4.2