Atlantic Broadband

Atlantic Broadband Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee), Cumberland, MDMarch 27, 2015
Typical day was testing cable set top boxes, modems, and routers. I learned a lot about the hardware and software of the cable boxes how to troubleshoot easily. Co-workers and management were great but at times lack of communication.
Excellent Opportunity
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Altoona, PAFebruary 5, 2015
You really cannot find a better opportunity for this area than with Atlantic Broadband, especially for not having an advanced degree. The benefits are excellent, the people are wonderful and the compensation is superb!
Good company
Voice Data Specialist (Current Employee), Altoona, PAJanuary 18, 2015
Enjoy working with co-workers as they are helpful and good teachers.
Great Place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Middletown, DESeptember 30, 2014
Ok place to work. Management could be better. Pays very well.
Great management, great people
Outside Sales/Business Account Executive (Former Employee), Aiken, SCSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: continual sales training
Cons: location
Continual sales training, excellent sales support. Great co-workers with team work and drive to surpass sales objectives.
Best Job Ever
Information Technology Administration (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLAugust 26, 2014
Pros: is a samll business.
Cons: is not originally from miami.
I had the opportunity to grow within and it was earned not given, reason why every position earned was very valuable to me.
Atlantic Broadband Tech Support - Altoona Call Center
Master Technical Support Representative One (Former Employee), Altoona, PAJuly 31, 2014
This company is amazing it gives its employees every opportunity to grow and flourish. The managerial staff was always available for questions and was ready to listen when someone had an idea. They encourage educational growth and had strong ties to the local community. Their training department was always on point and the director of the tech support department ensured his employees needs were met.
Work with local guest and feel connected to the community.
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee), North Bay Village, FLJune 26, 2014
Fun and friendly atmosphere, with easy going relate-able clients.
Sales, Telemarketing, Accounting, Dispatch (Former Employee), North Bay Village, FLOctober 21, 2013
Pros: great place overall
Cons: no longer available for hire
Great place to work but company shut down call center in Florida.
Customer Care Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Altoona, PAApril 26, 2013
Pros: to interact with customers on a daily basis.
Cons: the cons of this job would be that i loved the opportunity to work overtime, to make time for myself and not get burned out.
My reviews overall would consist of advanced review, on my last review before I left for vacation was at a 100%.
friendly place to work.
installer tech (Former Employee), Uniontown, PAMarch 21, 2013
Pros: meeting alot of new people every day. everyone treated as equals
intalling phone, internet and cable services at multiple locations. you are by yourself 99 percent of the time. there is no one on top of your every movement. its like you are your own boss. always room for advancement.
drama + stress
Tech Support (Former Employee), johnstown paMarch 7, 2013
Pros: free cable & internet
Cons: stress, poor management little money
Very stressful job and even extra stressful environment.
A lot of unnecessary micromanagement. Lots of favoritism.
A very misogynist environment. Chauvinist and racist.

There is not a reliable way to control how many hours each works.
I always worked extra, yet others came in late every day without getting in trouble, and making the same money.

The tech support supervisors have their favorites whom are protected against everything.

I once complained about being poorly treated, and they completely disregarded my complaint, instead, they did an examination of my work until they found something they did not liked and suspended me for it.

Would I recommend this place to work? No, you would end up spending all your paycheck in chiropractor to get rid of the stress on your back and neck, and therapy to cry out the unfair situations, the constant customer's insults and the overall stressful situations you would experience here.
Drama Drama Drama
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Grasonville, MDSeptember 12, 2012
Very unprofessional place of business. Human resources gossips. No equality in employees.
Customer first professional corporation
Customer Care Supervisor (Current Employee), Johnstown, PAMay 24, 2012
Pros: challenging, fast-paced, fun, team-enviroment
Cons: scheduling
A typical day at Atlantic Broadband is fast-paced and extremely engaging. The Customer Care department is very team oriented and very customer friendly. A full day consists of taking inbound calls from our customer base with issues ranging from service troubleshooting to new customer sign ups. Our training is very thorough and all of our representatives are very cognizant when it comes to our products and services.

I've learned a wide range of knowledge working for this company. I was not privy to the telecommunications business and upon being hired I went through extensive training that was exciting and refreshing. This company focuses on nurturing each employee to their full potential, and I believe that this company has assisted me in reaching my full potential. There are many employee incentives that allows one to take full advantage of attending classes and training so that one can excel.

Management is hard working, knowledgeable and fair. They do not micro manage and allow the leadership team to manage and control the work environment. Management gives positive and concise feedback to help the leadership team grow as a whole.

My co-workers are outstanding, they are extremely friendly and helpful and focus on the team philosophy.

The most difficult thing about this job is that there just never seems to be enough time, otherwise I could not deem anything difficult but rather a challenge which I consider healthy and necessary. In that challenge of figuring things out and completely engulfing myself in the job is the most enjoyable part for me.
One of the best places in cable to work
Corporate Vice President of Sales (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 9, 2012
We began the company in 2004 with one vision - provide customers with the best communications experience and deliver results back to our investors - we exceeded both of these goals
Great Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Barnwell, SCMarch 22, 2012
Pros: easy work, convient for dealing with the kids
Cons: pay is not much
I really enjoy working for this company but now I want to move with my fiance and his job can"t tranfer fro the army so i have to sacrifice my career here to be with my husband..the pay at this job isn't the best but it's worth me being there because i enjoy getting up to go to work.