Atlantic Coast Merchandising Employee Reviews

Okay for a fill in
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 2, 2015
Atlantic Coast Merchandising Company is an okay job for a fill in job to get more hours. Only worked for this company a couple of times.
Pros
8 hour resets
Nice friendly Environment
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 29, 2014
I learned how to read bar codes, I met others from different cities who was kind and helpful. Its alot of teamwork .I learned and found out how different products are set up and identified in grocery stores. There wasn't a thing hard. The most enjoyable part is when everybody work together so can get done quicker and we may talk as we work.
Not consistant with work in all areas
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 8, 2014
Enjoyed the employees and staff that I have worked for. Enjoyed the clients as well.
Store remodel
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 3, 2014
Store remodel. Use of tools. Travel. Weekly pay. Team work.
Pros
weekly pay
the hours are short and i need a more consistence job
setting and resetting (Current Employee) –  jacksonville flaJuly 24, 2014
a tipical day at work is great but the days are limited lately
Nice people in office
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 4, 2014
nice people to work for, will help you if they can.Jobs are usually at site by yourself ...so use time wisely. Be on time so other shift can go home on time.
Pros
Cons
if sick have to call in 4 hours ahead, but if you wake up sick to get ready for work you do not knoww 4 hours in advance...
Best of the Best
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 14, 2014
I have worked for Atlantic Coast Merchandising for several years. I have always found them to be a very professional company to deal with. Perfect? No, but neither am I. Any issue that has come up, and there have been very few, has always been handled quickly and efficiently. I have been treated with the same respect with which I believe we all should treat each other. I have also referred family and friends who have worked for them. They are excellent.
Pros
flexible, excellent response by managers, good pay
Great Copy, Great Relationship with thier employees and clients
Visual Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 14, 2014
I have been working for Atlantic Coast Merchandising approximately 6 months now doing night resets. The client I am working for is very appreciative of our help. The client I am working for has bragged about the Atlantic Coast Management staff, on how they are there for them no matter what time they call. We are on the West Coast working, the management for Atlantic Coast is on the East Coast.

I have worked for other companies based on the East Coast and have to call them during their business hours, not Atlantic Coast Management, they are always there no matter what time it is. Great Management Team, Great Company.
This company has been extremely pleasant to work for.
Merchandise reset (Current Employee) –  Vermont and New York areaDecember 19, 2013
In my view Atlantic Coast Merchandising has exhibited and established an uncommon triad of integrity, intelligence, and aptitude. The prospective employee willing to reflect similar qualities should escape disappointment. The pay is good for the work required and this company lacks no amount of fairness.

I will not fatigue the reader by providing an exhaustive description of what merchandising and reset-work entails. If you are applying for this job you probably know about reading a planogram, moving shelves and product, etc. Also if you have a moderate amount of forethought you should know that this job requires travel.

I believe I know what unfairness and incompetence looks like, which is why I am so effusive in my commendation of Atlantic Coast Merchandising.
Pros
the overall work atmosphere is refreshing.
Cons
there are no cons in my estimation.
Mixed feelings....
Reset Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 17, 2013
Stopped receiving work assignments without any explanation. Am highly experienced merchandiser. First 4-5 weeks things were great. Got along very well with project manager, no problems, was commended by 1 of the team leads, for my performance, then all of a sudden no work. Fortunately, I found another position, where my hours are daytime, otherwise I don't know what I would do for income. Feelings are mixed about Atlantic Coast Merchandising. I don't feel they have enough accounts in area where I reside. Third party merchandising company with growing pains....
Pros
friendly project manager
Cons
inconsistency of work assignments, feel slighted
very productive andcooperative
Reset Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 26, 2013
i am an outgoing person love to assist in anyway possible,never taking too much time from my assigned detail
Pros
work and pay fair
Cons
cant get enough assignments and/orhours
Great Company
Reset Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Nampa, Idaho,December 27, 2012
I enjoy working for ACM. I can attend College while still making a living for myself. They have a flexible schedule and 8 hour shifts.
Pros
great managers and employees to work with
Cons
no cons at this time
Excellent Company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  MissouriDecember 24, 2012
I have worked for ACM Atlantic Coast Merchandising for 6 months now. I enjoy the people that I work with and no stress. I have a great Manager that I work for and I receive a great pay.
Pros
stress free and great 8 hour assignments
Cons
lack of work during the holiday season as well as the other companies
very flexible to work for
merchandiser (Current Employee) –  vermontDecember 22, 2012
I work for this company and I live in a pretty out of the way area, they get me a good amount of work even though i live in the middle of nothing. If I could I would work 50hr weeks if they would let me, I hope to always work for them in some way shape or form.
Pros
hours
Cons
not really any i guess i wish i could work more
Good Company to work!!
Reset Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  NJ/NYDecember 22, 2012
ACM has great managers who care about their workers. They try hard to get you much work as possible. Once you arrive at assignments, you meet different team leaders and different team players. Each day worked sharpens your merchandising skills. Great Pay.
Pros
great pay, great opportunities to work, very flexible.
Cons
may come across some unpleasant team leaders.
Most Team Leads are Great; Associate Merchandisers Good People
Merchandising Rep (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 22, 2012
Been with Atlantic Coast Merchandisng for 15 months now, and always had work ( slow on major Holidays; Easter; Thanksgiving:Memorial Day; Christmas ), but this is true of all companies. What I like about Atlantic Coast The Most is my Regional manager in Boston and Pennsylvania. They work their tales off to get us jobs and expect only 3 immediate request's, "That We Show Up on Time"; "Are Proffessional" "Call Up If We Are Running Late Due To Transit or Commuter traffic". They are really great at communcating with their reps: although very busy in the earlier part of the day and it may take several hours to get back ( remember ) they have 1000,s of reps to handle. So, patients is needed. If you show a strong work ethic, and consistancy, I GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE WORKING 4-5 DAYS A WEEK. Overall, I Rate Atlantic Coast Merchandising A *10*
Pros
managers are always at their desk recieving work orders: very didicated
Cons
at times very, very busy and can take longer than normal to return a call
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Long IslandDecember 21, 2012
This is a great company to work for. The only issue I have and it is not their fault is sometimes there is lack of work. I work all over Long Island and meet different people. I usually have a team leader, and for the most part they are very helpful. I even got my stepson a position with Atlantic.
Pros
great manager meet different people
Cons
not always enough work
Great Company to work for
Merchandising rep (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 21, 2012
I have been merchandising for 7 years now and have worked for many different companies. I heard many great things about ACM from co workers at assignments and contacted and joined them about 6 months ago. The pay rate was more than other companies were offering and my pay has always been on time and correct. I typically work at Supermarkets with teams on the first shift.
The management staff is very helpful, fair, friendly and quick to respond. They try to schedule you as close to home as possible, based on the assignments. I referred a couple of friends to ACM as well and they try to schedule us together, whenever possible, which is great for morale and promotes our team work.
The feeling I get is that you are more than just a number.
Highly Recommended !
Pros
great management, pays on time.
Cons
as with any merchandising company work dies down on holiday weeks.
Very Pleased with ACM
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEDecember 21, 2012
I have worked for ACM for a couple of years. They have always paid me correctly and on time, and are very easy to work with. I have done full day resets and piecemeal work. If the manager isn't available when I call, I usually get a call back within 10-15 minutes. Email is also a very viable means of contact for non critical issues.

I have recommended many of my friends to this company, and those that have worked for them still thank me for the referral. To me, that tells me what I need to know about a company.

The way they pay is a little different. I was concerned about their contract at first until I asked and the manager explained it to me. They do not use this as a way to not pay you the full rate. In fact, if you perform properly, there is opportunity for pay raises and mileage compensation as appropriate. Most companies in this field do not offer that.

Overall, I would definitely recommend ACM to any professional merchandiser looking for work.
Atlantic Coast Merchandising
Merchandiser restates (Current Employee) –  Providence RIDecember 19, 2012
In the North East the Two managers that I call in to are very quick in resolving any issues I might have with payroll or work assignments. Atlantic has giving me very flexible work schedule that is perfect for me and it’s pretty straight forward job you go in follow the planogram to the best of your ability and if you have any questions the team lead helps you solve the problem. What I tell my friends if you like playing Tetras this is the prefect job for you.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
have to be very adaptable in how each company doe’s things.

Comment – December 22, 2012

Very nice nice Company to work for. The staff are very helpful and always available when I need them. They give lots hands on training and training on product knowledge. I would recogmend anyone to come work for this company