Atlantic Coast Merchandising Employee Reviews

Not paid correct ammount
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 29, 2016
There aren't enough ways to describe the unprofessional structure of ACM and the fake scripted reviews are amusing. I was told i would be making 14 an hour period, but instead its 13 usually and sometimes 12 depending on the job and when i do get paid its always off by about $100. And of course no one there knows why.
Pros
Cons
Paid wrong amount and no communication
Easy to work for company. Willing to work with you on scheduling, and time off. Great management team.
reset merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 22, 2012
Arriving at work, on time, at 7:00 am is the hardest part of this job for me. But, once started, I thoroughly enjoy the job, and the team.
Management is easy to work with, and store employees are mostly friendly and helpful.
Co-workers are diverse and interesting, and add much to the team mix.
The most enjoyable part of this job, is the job, and the team comradery. If you like puzzles and putting things together, you will love this job. Plus, it is like getting a workout without paying gym fees.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no mileage, no vacation time earned in 2 yrs., intermittent work, no pay stubs
great team of supervisors to get you involved in set jobs
reset team member (Current Employee) –  various Virginia locationsMarch 8, 2012
I have had good experiences with Atlantic Coast. The management team works hard to get you involved with third party jobs. I have really enjoyed doing the store resets under Crossmark and Acosta. The check in procedure is simple and as long as you follow directions and get the correct information back to them, they will continue to find you employment in your chosen area as long as possible
Pros
friendly management, good working conditions, flexible schedules
Cons
jobs are assigned quickly, sets run longer than they expect
Great Company to work for.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  CADecember 18, 2012
I just recently started with Atlantic Coast, and they have been great. With little to no exxperience in this field they gave me a chance to learn a new trde and I am loving it.

My managers are very attentive, if they do not answer I always receive a call back. I know they are very busy.

I was worried about the time zones and being able to reach someone with the company, but it seems like they never sleep.

Thank YOU Atlantic Coast for a chance at a new trade.
Pros
work schedule and managers
Cons
nothing
Atlantic Coast Merchandising
Merchandiser restates (Current Employee) –  Providence RIDecember 19, 2012
In the North East the Two managers that I call in to are very quick in resolving any issues I might have with payroll or work assignments. Atlantic has giving me very flexible work schedule that is perfect for me and it’s pretty straight forward job you go in follow the planogram to the best of your ability and if you have any questions the team lead helps you solve the problem. What I tell my friends if you like playing Tetras this is the prefect job for you.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
have to be very adaptable in how each company doe’s things.
Mixed feelings....
Reset Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 17, 2013
Stopped receiving work assignments without any explanation. Am highly experienced merchandiser. First 4-5 weeks things were great. Got along very well with project manager, no problems, was commended by 1 of the team leads, for my performance, then all of a sudden no work. Fortunately, I found another position, where my hours are daytime, otherwise I don't know what I would do for income. Feelings are mixed about Atlantic Coast Merchandising. I don't feel they have enough accounts in area where I reside. Third party merchandising company with growing pains....
Pros
Friendly project manager
Cons
Inconsistency of work assignments, feel slighted
Great Copy, Great Relationship with thier employees and clients
Visual Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 14, 2014
I have been working for Atlantic Coast Merchandising approximately 6 months now doing night resets. The client I am working for is very appreciative of our help. The client I am working for has bragged about the Atlantic Coast Management staff, on how they are there for them no matter what time they call. We are on the West Coast working, the management for Atlantic Coast is on the East Coast.

I have worked for other companies based on the East Coast and have to call them during their business hours, not Atlantic Coast Management, they are always there no matter what time it is. Great Management Team, Great Company.
Best of the Best
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 14, 2014
I have worked for Atlantic Coast Merchandising for several years. I have always found them to be a very professional company to deal with. Perfect? No, but neither am I. Any issue that has come up, and there have been very few, has always been handled quickly and efficiently. I have been treated with the same respect with which I believe we all should treat each other. I have also referred family and friends who have worked for them. They are excellent.
Pros
Flexible, excellent response by managers, good pay
very fun work enviornment
merchandiser (Current Employee) –  boston maMay 18, 2012
Best merchandise company I've worked for yet and I've been doing this for like 9 years my management team is amazing and always there when. Needed checks are always on time schedule works around my life and management is very understanding when life gets in the way of the schedule. All I could ask for is a chance for a raise or advancement or at least informed of such opportunity.
Pros
very comfortable and stable work.
Cons
cant really think of much.
No pay acm
Resets (Former Employee) –  Walmart in Montrose, CoApril 6, 2012
Worked for Atlantic Coast Merchandising March 5th, 2012 at Walmart store in Montrose, Co in the Hallmark section doing some resets.....haved yet to be paid... after repeatedly asking for payment...ussual responses....check being processed....check is in the mail....check will be sent out tommarow.....cant find file.....did you send it to the right place (even with conformations)HAVE YET TO BE PAID
Pros
interesting work
Cons
atlantic coast merchandising
Great Company and Management
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  MSMay 16, 2012
I had completed work for Atlantic Coast Merchandising the end of Febuary. I did not receive my check promptly. Once I notified my Supervisor. They found there was a issue with thier fax machine. I resent all and received my check promptly, when promised. I have done several jobs for them since and they have been very informative and paid promtply.
Pros
flexable schedule
Good Company to work!!
Reset Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  NJ/NYDecember 22, 2012
ACM has great managers who care about their workers. They try hard to get you much work as possible. Once you arrive at assignments, you meet different team leaders and different team players. Each day worked sharpens your merchandising skills. Great Pay.
Pros
great pay, great opportunities to work, very flexible.
Cons
may come across some unpleasant team leaders.
Nice friendly Environment
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 29, 2014
I learned how to read bar codes, I met others from different cities who was kind and helpful. Its alot of teamwork .I learned and found out how different products are set up and identified in grocery stores. There wasn't a thing hard. The most enjoyable part is when everybody work together so can get done quicker and we may talk as we work.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Long IslandDecember 21, 2012
This is a great company to work for. The only issue I have and it is not their fault is sometimes there is lack of work. I work all over Long Island and meet different people. I usually have a team leader, and for the most part they are very helpful. I even got my stepson a position with Atlantic.
Pros
great manager meet different people
Cons
not always enough work
You will be working for free !
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Slidell, La.May 14, 2012
I was called and asked to do a reset job for Atlantic Coast at a local Walmart for Hallmark in February /2012 it took 8 weeks to get paid and was shorted on hours. I contacted the company several times by both email and through perssonal conversation and have yet to have someone call me back. They are a rip off company !!!!!!!
Cons
you will work for free!
Great Company to work for
Merchandising rep (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 21, 2012
I have been merchandising for 7 years now and have worked for many different companies. I heard many great things about ACM from co workers at assignments and contacted and joined them about 6 months ago. The pay rate was more than other companies were offering and my pay has always been on time and correct. I typically work at Supermarkets with teams on the first shift.
The management staff is very helpful, fair, friendly and quick to respond. They try to schedule you as close to home as possible, based on the assignments. I referred a couple of friends to ACM as well and they try to schedule us together, whenever possible, which is great for morale and promotes our team work.
The feeling I get is that you are more than just a number.
Highly Recommended !
Pros
great management, pays on time.
Cons
as with any merchandising company work dies down on holiday weeks.
This company has been extremely pleasant to work for.
Merchandise reset (Current Employee) –  Vermont and New York areaDecember 19, 2013
In my view Atlantic Coast Merchandising has exhibited and established an uncommon triad of integrity, intelligence, and aptitude. The prospective employee willing to reflect similar qualities should escape disappointment. The pay is good for the work required and this company lacks no amount of fairness.

I will not fatigue the reader by providing an exhaustive description of what merchandising and reset-work entails. If you are applying for this job you probably know about reading a planogram, moving shelves and product, etc. Also if you have a moderate amount of forethought you should know that this job requires travel.

I believe I know what unfairness and incompetence looks like, which is why I am so effusive in my commendation of Atlantic Coast Merchandising.
Pros
The overall work atmosphere is refreshing.
Cons
There are no cons in my estimation.
Great company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  MSDecember 18, 2012
I have worked for ACM for approx 3 years, and with all companies there may be issues. But I will say anytime there has been a problem I have found it was a error on my part and if not it was taken care of very quickly.

Managers can be very busy at times, but will always respond via email, phone or text.
Pros
great part time work
very flexible to work for
merchandiser (Current Employee) –  vermontDecember 22, 2012
I work for this company and I live in a pretty out of the way area, they get me a good amount of work even though i live in the middle of nothing. If I could I would work 50hr weeks if they would let me, I hope to always work for them in some way shape or form.
Pros
hours
Cons
not really any i guess i wish i could work more
It is what it is
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Various locations in State of MaineMay 18, 2012
I am a very experience retail merchandiser with over 30 years of retail experience. During lulls from working with other companies have work over 40 assignments with Atlactic Coast have always been paid fairly and on time. Any issues is handle quickly.
Pros
availble work during slow times
Cons
its temp work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlantic Coast Merchandising. Our community is ready to answer.

Atlantic Coast Merchandising Reviews by Location