ATLANTIC GENERAL HOSPITAL Employee Reviews in United States

Great Environment
ER/Lab Department Teen Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDMay 26, 2016
I have worked at Atlantic General for 2 years and it has been the best volunteering opportunity that i have done. I worked in the ER and in the lab, I answered phones and helped with customer service. Everyone that I was associated with was very nice in helped me settle in every year.
productive work place, caring enviroment
Secretary/ Tech (Current Employee) –  Berlin, MDMarch 31, 2016
AGH is a great place to work. I highly recommend it to anyone who is just starting in the field or to someone who has a bit more experience.
N/a
Biometric Screener (Current Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIMarch 15, 2016
Volunteered for 5 years in an Emergency Department under the supervision of a Physician Assistant. I love that I was able to be in a hospital setting where I had to think on my feet.
agh
Lead Insurance Verifier (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDNovember 11, 2015
The Co. Was worried about the dollar and not the patient. "The HR staff is very mean a belittles their employees. People would be a lot more happy at their job if the management would appreciate the employees.
Pros
yearly increase
Cons
politics and cover up
An amazing place to work.
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDOctober 31, 2015
It is a great place to work. It was like having a very large family. The benefits are good, there is good retirement plan, and the atmosphere was light-hearted considering the type of business. The leadership team is incredibly supportive and truly cares about the associates. There is room for professional growth.
Caring place to work. Everyone is like family
Registration Specialist/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Berlin, MDOctober 1, 2015
I enjoy working for AGH. I have been employed with them for 20 plus years. All my coworkers are helpful and caring. I like the flexibility I have working here.
Pros
Flexibility
What I learned...
Medical Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDSeptember 8, 2015
I got massive training on the Electronic Medical Record which was just being implemented . So much information but the support staff for the EMR was very helpful.
Pros
Understanding about your personal schedule
Cons
Some management expected you to complete a task within a time frame that was not achievable.
nice place to work
Part Time Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDSeptember 6, 2015
nice place to work
friendly place to work
liked my job
lack of resources
satsifaction from helping others
nice co-workers
Working at AGh
Data Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Berlin, MDAugust 29, 2015
I've only been working here for 2 and half months and so far I have nothing but positive things to say about the workplace. I am enjoying my time here and look forward to continuing my job there.
Atlantic General is a great place to work
Patient & Family Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Berlin, MDJune 20, 2015
In the position I am responsible for there is no typical day at work. Must be ready for whatever comes my way and whatever tasks or assignments are priority. Major multi-tasking. Must work as a team with management and my other co-workers. The hardest part of my job is the emotional roller coaster because I want to help everyone that seeks my help but there is so much responsibility in my position I feel spread thin. Then I realize alot of times that I can do more than I think I can and everything gets done. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I see how the feedback we receive from our patients help us improve the care with give with all our patients.
ok
Nurse Tech (Current Employee) –  Berlin, MDMarch 17, 2015
it is a nice place to work but so many changes to everything often its hard to keep up with everything. Its a small organization and tight nit.
Good hospital with caring people to work with.
Intake Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDFebruary 23, 2015
We called our space "the circle of love" as we all got along and worked with each other to lessen the stress of dealing with patients who were sick and/or afraid of what the test results would be. The hardest part was not having anyone who spoke Spanish and trying to understand and work with someone who did not speak, or sometimes understand English. During slow periods, we talked and jokes with each other and management.
Pros
good people and pleasant atmosphere in which to work
Cons
stressfull
Excellent work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Berlin, MdSeptember 7, 2014
AGH is an enjoyable place to work. Co workers are very supportive. All employees are treated with respect. Benefits are great! This is my dream work environment.
great job
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Berlin, MDJune 6, 2014
Awesome place to work. They really seem to care about their employees
Monopoly
Secretary/Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDApril 29, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of performing duties required of a CNA, as well as balancing the duties of a secretary, while assisting patients, physicians, nurses and other healthcare team members.
Inadequate management staff. Favortism is practiced.
Pros
12-hour shifts
Cons
management, short lunch breaks
Laboratory Staff is great.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDJanuary 8, 2014
I was a laboratory generalist and I really liked moving through the different departments. My co-worker were fun and lighthearted. The hospital had wonderful communication between departments.
Pros
tight net community hospital
Cons
pay
I thought these reviews was very helpful in learning about the staff and Hospistal.
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Princess AnneDecember 24, 2013
I thoughts these reviews was very helpful in learning about the staff that work at this facility. My typical day consist of communicating with visitors,staff and students on daily bases.checking identicationn,and stickers. Find their purpose for their visit to thee university. Checking the housing plex for any incidents and emergancy. Reporting verbal amd writing of any incidents that may occurring while working.
Pros
working overtime when needed
Cons
comfortable place to take a break
Atlantic Health Center Nurse
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlantic Health CenterDecember 2, 2013
The pay was below average for nurses with close to 10 years experience. No opportunity for advancement. The direct supervisor was a LPN that delegated responsibility to LPN(s) and RN(s). The work was challenging; learned so much about how a physicians' practice is supposed to run. The direct management needs an overall; very unprofessional. Direct management is non complementing and needs a refresher on interpersonal skills on how to deal with employees directly. Managers tend to hide behind email and written notes and can be very confrontational. Also found that direct managers would rather see first line employees feuding rather than trying to resolve interpersonal issues. Very hostile work environment that made it difficult to get the job done some days. Direct managers also divulged personal staff information amount other staff members. Nothing was confidential. Very uncomfortable environment.
Pros
skills learned
Cons
direct management
Everyone was happy
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDOctober 9, 2013
A typical day at work: I transcribed doctor's orders, managed charts, ran errands for nurses and doctors
What I learned: I learned a lot about office work, but most importantly, I learned what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. I learned that I wanted to be a Nurse Practitioner.
Management: The management team was always visible, approachable, ready to assist, and professional.
My co-workers: All of my co-workers were very encouraging and pleasant to work with.
The hardest part of my job: The most difficult part of this job sometimes was remembering that I was not a supervisor.
The most enjoyable part of the job: The most enjoyable part of this job was the opportunity to learn about the field of medicine.
Pros
positive and professional work environment, benefits package
med-surg
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDAugust 20, 2013
As a new LPN, I found this day shift med-surg position difficult. Seemed to spend great deal of time waiting for an RN.
Pros
learned lots about medications, lab tests etc.
Cons
work pace was too fast (for me then)as a new grad

ATLANTIC GENERAL HOSPITAL Reviews by Location