ATLANTIC GENERAL HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Horrible Staff to work with
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDFebruary 22, 2017
The nurses and techs were very snobby and rude. They treated the staff members as if they were beneath them. Everyone gossiped about everyone. It was like being in high school with a bunch of mean popular girls.
Pros
Doctors, Ceo, Department Heads
Cons
Rude nurses
Family Oriented feel
Certfied Diabetes Educator (Current Employee) –  Berlin, MDFebruary 1, 2017
Very caring place to work. The management cares about their employees. Atlantic General Hospital is seeing many changes and they are striving to provide the best patient care possible.
Pros
Education for employees
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Berlin, MDJanuary 5, 2017
Everyone is helpful at AGH. I was able to get hands-on experience in the ER department. Flexible hours for volunteering although I usually went in the morning. Learned a great deal about the ER and related it to my EMT runs.
Friendly place to work with advancement.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Berlin, MD 21811January 1, 2017
I like working here at Atlantic General. I am always trying to better myself in all jobs that I have had. The people here are friendly and great to work with for the most part.
Pros
great insurance
Cons
short breaks, have to know someone in order to move up in the company.
Small hospital
Registered Nurse (ED, ICU) (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDNovember 20, 2016
Atlantic General Hospital is a small hospital with many opportunities to work with a variety of patients and an awesome hospital team in a caring environment. It is located in a small rural town that is just minutes away from a bustling tourist city.
Productive and Enriching
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDOctober 2, 2016
Very good volunteer experience for any aspiring medicine student in a High School who needs to complete community service hours. Friendly staff, comfortable setting and a great learning experience.
Very nice place to work at...coworkers were great to work with...teamwork was great.... Management was professional and great to have
Hosekeeping floor tech (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDSeptember 21, 2016
Nice place to work.co workers was great as well.management was helpful and professional.i enjoyed my work took pride in what was asked of me... I liked the way they are dedicated to safety as well as keeping the place cleaned
Pros
Discount on lunches but the food was already reasonable priced . Prescription discounts
Excellent place to work for anyone who puts the welfare of the patient first.
Administrative support/Registrar (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDJuly 13, 2016
I truly loved working here because of friendly and helpful co-workers, but mainly because the patients loved me and I loved them.
Pros
It was a friendly and very caring atmosphere.
Cons
Because my work was not technical, pay was extremely low.
Great Environment
ER/Lab Department Teen Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDMay 26, 2016
I have worked at Atlantic General for 2 years and it has been the best volunteering opportunity that i have done. I worked in the ER and in the lab, I answered phones and helped with customer service. Everyone that I was associated with was very nice in helped me settle in every year.
productive work place, caring enviroment
Secretary/ Tech (Current Employee) –  Berlin, MDMarch 31, 2016
AGH is a great place to work. I highly recommend it to anyone who is just starting in the field or to someone who has a bit more experience.
N/a
Biometric Screener (Current Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIMarch 15, 2016
Volunteered for 5 years in an Emergency Department under the supervision of a Physician Assistant. I love that I was able to be in a hospital setting where I had to think on my feet.
agh
Lead Insurance Verifier (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDNovember 11, 2015
The Co. Was worried about the dollar and not the patient. "The HR staff is very mean a belittles their employees. People would be a lot more happy at their job if the management would appreciate the employees.
Pros
yearly increase
Cons
politics and cover up
An amazing place to work.
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDOctober 31, 2015
It is a great place to work. It was like having a very large family. The benefits are good, there is good retirement plan, and the atmosphere was light-hearted considering the type of business. The leadership team is incredibly supportive and truly cares about the associates. There is room for professional growth.
Caring place to work. Everyone is like family
Registration Specialist/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Berlin, MDOctober 1, 2015
I enjoy working for AGH. I have been employed with them for 20 plus years. All my coworkers are helpful and caring. I like the flexibility I have working here.
Pros
Flexibility
What I learned...
Medical Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDSeptember 8, 2015
I got massive training on the Electronic Medical Record which was just being implemented . So much information but the support staff for the EMR was very helpful.
Pros
Understanding about your personal schedule
Cons
Some management expected you to complete a task within a time frame that was not achievable.
nice place to work
Part Time Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDSeptember 6, 2015
nice place to work
friendly place to work
liked my job
lack of resources
satsifaction from helping others
nice co-workers
Working at AGh
Data Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Berlin, MDAugust 29, 2015
I've only been working here for 2 and half months and so far I have nothing but positive things to say about the workplace. I am enjoying my time here and look forward to continuing my job there.
Atlantic General is a great place to work
Patient & Family Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Berlin, MDJune 20, 2015
In the position I am responsible for there is no typical day at work. Must be ready for whatever comes my way and whatever tasks or assignments are priority. Major multi-tasking. Must work as a team with management and my other co-workers. The hardest part of my job is the emotional roller coaster because I want to help everyone that seeks my help but there is so much responsibility in my position I feel spread thin. Then I realize alot of times that I can do more than I think I can and everything gets done. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I see how the feedback we receive from our patients help us improve the care with give with all our patients.
ok
Nurse Tech (Current Employee) –  Berlin, MDMarch 17, 2015
it is a nice place to work but so many changes to everything often its hard to keep up with everything. Its a small organization and tight nit.
Good hospital with caring people to work with.
Intake Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDFebruary 23, 2015
We called our space "the circle of love" as we all got along and worked with each other to lessen the stress of dealing with patients who were sick and/or afraid of what the test results would be. The hardest part was not having anyone who spoke Spanish and trying to understand and work with someone who did not speak, or sometimes understand English. During slow periods, we talked and jokes with each other and management.
Pros
Good people and pleasant atmosphere in which to work
Cons
Stressfull

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ATLANTIC GENERAL HOSPITAL. Our community is ready to answer.

ATLANTIC GENERAL HOSPITAL Reviews by Location