Atlantic Health System Employee Reviews

Overworked and underpaid
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newton, NJJanuary 2, 2017
I used to love my job but Atlantic health has taken the joy out of nursing for me. We are expected to do way more that's capable in a shift. We are constantly under staffed. Management is poor and unorganized. I have had 4 different managers within the last 6 years. The only concern is the bottom line. Employee moral is very low. When you bring up concerns of patient care and safety they are ignored. I feel unappreciated as an employee. The pay is also mediocre at best, certainly doesn't make up for the workload and stress.
Pros
My coworkers are like family
Cons
No breaks, poor management, overworked
Be aware
Technician (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 20, 2016
Human Resources is unorganized and unprofessional. Will find unethical ways to offer you a low salary even though you are worth much more. Was shocked to learn AHS is probably the lowest paying health system in North Jersey even though they claim to be one of the best places to work.

Very disappointed to say the least
I hate working here!
Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJAugust 3, 2016
I am so disappointed with so many of these reviews! I was so happy working in my hospital...but now that we are a "consolidated lab", it is terrible! Atlantic Health benefits stink, unless you have an existing doctor at Morristown Hospital that is cooperating in the PPO ! And even if you think you do, you better check before that appointment each time! Management is so-so, the pay is alright, but I know it isn't fair across the board, and it is very difficult to get a competent new hire! I guess if the empolyees were happy, it would be a better place to work....
Pros
Free parking
Cons
See my review
PHLEBOTOMY(PBT) (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJAugust 24, 2016
AHS is a wonderful place to work everyone is very nice and every department strive to be better and to work together as a team for the patient.

I refer AHS to all my family and friends for employment as well as patient care.

All AHS employees believe in having PRIDE in what we do for each other and the surrounding communities that we serve.
Radiology Department Newton medical Center
Former Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Newton, NJJuly 16, 2016
Great Co-workers, Great Radiologists, Great ED staff. Poor management in the radiology department. Leadership is picked by favoritism not by skill. Rarely get lunches or breaks, staffing problem, not enough staff. Managers tell you if you get 10 mins in between a patient that is your lunch. They put more on you then one person can do. I really miss the people we were like family but the management does not care about you or your life outside of work. They worry about the numbers not about their employees. I have heard working for Morristown hospital is great but Newton is not!!!
Pros
Great Co-workers and staff
Cons
Poor management, no lunches or breaks, too much work for one person to do by themselves. Radiology management only cares about the numbers, not the employees
Good teaching hospital
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJFebruary 19, 2017
I worked here for 22 years, this place will help you advance as far as you want to go. Everyone is very helpful and the pay is very good, it's a teaching hospital.
Not much flexibility
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Sparta, NJAugust 19, 2016
Was a great job when I started. Independence and autonomy were my strengths and helped me to excel at my position. Once that was taken away the job lost its appeal.
Pros
Patient's served and rewarding to provide quality care.
Cons
Not enough hours in the day to complete all the work.
Exciting opportunities
Clinical Nurse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJNovember 11, 2016
Large growth in a large system
Friendly working environment
Great physicians who care deeply about their patients.
Nursing is valued with Beacon awards
great company
Account Advisor (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJOctober 3, 2016
AHS is a great company to work for. They truly value their employees by making sure they are celebrated for their hard work AHS understands that the company can only do well if the employees feel great.
Live and learn
Human Resource Analyst, Benefits (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJanuary 18, 2017
I found this place to be a difficult place to grow and I did not see an opportunity for someone to grown with in the company.
Working for Atlantic Health
PFS Radiology Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJune 6, 2016
Teamwork is key! We always worked together as a team to get things done or to answer patients, even co-workers questions. There were never issues between employees, we always got along. Working at the Central Scheduling department was a great experience. A word that describes it is BUSY.
I love my job.
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Newton, NJAugust 16, 2016
There are many benefits outside of one's job description. There are so many opportunities, as it is such a large organization, that there is always room for growth.
This place needs a union to represent workers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJJuly 22, 2016
I have been an RN at Morristown for over 4 years. I have worked at several different hospitals in several different parts of the country. This hospital treats its nurses the worst. There is no respect for nurses ideas. There are no breaks or lunches assigned. Many nurses work over 12 hours straight without anything to eat. And then there is an argument if you ask to get paid for your lunch hour(1/2 hour). People must take call without getting paid for it and when they get called in(almost always) they get straight time. This non profit is making big profits but it all goes to the CEO and the managers who keep nursing salaries low. I have no idea how they get ranked in 100 best places to work. They must pay a fee and only survey management. Every year they survey employees and it falls on deaf ears. Complaints about our manager are useless as long as she keeps the bottom line of cost down and cashes her big bonus check every year for doing it.
Pros
Healthcare if you only go to Morristown.
Cons
Long hours, no breaks and horrible management
There's good but then there's BAD
Clinical (Former Employee) –  North jerseyApril 19, 2016
Excellent benefits
Salary competitive
PTO satisfactory

Management /leaders lack communication, respect and loyalty
Non-display of company's PRIDE values
Favoritism to certain employees

Corporate policies should expect to be across the board with every employee but isn't

Lack of concern of employees needs
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Lack of communication - respect
A very good place to work, providing a strong sense of achievement.
DIRECTOR, PHARMACY SERVICES, OCC MED & OCC SAFETY (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJMarch 31, 2016
Atlantic Health System (AHS) was a terrific place to work. senior and mid-managers were well aligned in their work and there was a strong sense of shared understanding of the organization's goals. The most difficult part of the job was working in a very flat, matrix management model. The most enjoyable related to relationships with those who reported to me and those to whom I reported - and our annual accomplishments within our own departments and as a healthcare system.
A place where Healthcare is number 1
Lead Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJJune 1, 2016
Best place ever The people are the Best. Health care is number 1
Best Best Best. I love the people and the company is just outstanding. A place were pleople care and listen. The copmany is so under standing and great to us
AHS wants the most from employees without compensation
Admin Asst Lead Rad Scheduler Trainer & Liaison (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJOctober 2, 2015
I would not advise working for Atlantic Health Systems. They are bottom line oriented and are now hiring at minimum wage level salaries and "letting go" all of those with experience and knowledge of the job rather than paying them the higher salaries they have earned as long time employees.
Pros
healthcare benefits
Cons
criticized for taking breaks, not able to stand up or leave desk
Pharmacy claims
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJOctober 14, 2015
Review of Pharmacy claims outstanding vs paid claims through remittance reports received by insurance companies. Also, preparing procedural manual for various jobs within the Pharmacy. In addition, creating spreadsheets for Pharmacy management staff as needed.
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
not a full time employee
Working for Atlantic Health is a opportunity
Emergency Room chart coder (Former Employee) –  To code ER report and submit for paymentSeptember 30, 2015
I loved while I was working for Atlantic Health company. I learned so many things, such as new softwares to code charts faster and easier way. Management and co-workers were alright.
Pros
working environment was quite
Cons
Sometimes no breaks or no lunch for part timers
Work very long hours and not being compensated
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJDecember 20, 2015
Way too many job responsibilities for one person to handle, work very long hours, and feel I not compensated what I should be making in salary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlantic Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9