Atlantic Health System Employee Reviews in United States

This place needs a union to represent workers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJJuly 22, 2016
I have been an RN at Morristown for over 4 years. I have worked at several different hospitals in several different parts of the country. This hospital treats its nurses the worst. There is no respect for nurses ideas. There are no breaks or lunches assigned. Many nurses work over 12 hours straight without anything to eat. And then there is an argument if you ask to get paid for your lunch hour(1/2 hour). People must take call without getting paid for it and when they get called in(almost always) they get straight time. This non profit is making big profits but it all goes to the CEO and the managers who keep nursing salaries low. I have no idea how they get ranked in 100 best places to work. They must pay a fee and only survey management. Every year they survey employees and it falls on deaf ears. Complaints about our manager are useless as long as she keeps the bottom line of cost down and cashes her big bonus check every year for doing it.
Pros
Healthcare if you only go to Morristown.
Cons
Long hours, no breaks and horrible management
Working for Atlantic Health
PFS Radiology Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJune 6, 2016
Teamwork is key! We always worked together as a team to get things done or to answer patients, even co-workers questions. There were never issues between employees, we always got along. Working at the Central Scheduling department was a great experience. A word that describes it is BUSY.
A place where Healthcare is number 1
Lead Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJJune 1, 2016
Best place ever The people are the Best. Health care is number 1
Best Best Best. I love the people and the company is just outstanding. A place were pleople care and listen. The copmany is so under standing and great to us
There's good but then there's BAD
Clinical (Former Employee) –  North jerseyApril 19, 2016
Excellent benefits
Salary competitive
PTO satisfactory

Management /leaders lack communication, respect and loyalty
Non-display of company's PRIDE values
Favoritism to certain employees

Corporate policies should expect to be across the board with every employee but isn't

Lack of concern of employees needs
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Lack of communication - respect
A very good place to work, providing a strong sense of achievement.
DIRECTOR, PHARMACY SERVICES, OCC MED & OCC SAFETY (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJMarch 31, 2016
Atlantic Health System (AHS) was a terrific place to work. senior and mid-managers were well aligned in their work and there was a strong sense of shared understanding of the organization's goals. The most difficult part of the job was working in a very flat, matrix management model. The most enjoyable related to relationships with those who reported to me and those to whom I reported - and our annual accomplishments within our own departments and as a healthcare system.
Work very long hours and not being compensated
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJDecember 20, 2015
Way too many job responsibilities for one person to handle, work very long hours, and feel I not compensated what I should be making in salary.
co-workers
Account Advisor (Current Employee) –  Pompton Plains, NJDecember 8, 2015
Co-workers are great, the most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. they awesome.
great people and environment
Account Payable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJNovember 4, 2015
Atlantic health is a great company to work for but the work is very overwhelming. I enjoy my job and what I do but some people in the company are not team players.
benefits
Cons
Alot of work
Pharmacy claims
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJOctober 14, 2015
Review of Pharmacy claims outstanding vs paid claims through remittance reports received by insurance companies. Also, preparing procedural manual for various jobs within the Pharmacy. In addition, creating spreadsheets for Pharmacy management staff as needed.
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
not a full time employee
AHS wants the most from employees without compensation
Admin Asst Lead Rad Scheduler Trainer & Liaison (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJOctober 2, 2015
I would not advise working for Atlantic Health Systems. They are bottom line oriented and are now hiring at minimum wage level salaries and "letting go" all of those with experience and knowledge of the job rather than paying them the higher salaries they have earned as long time employees.
Pros
healthcare benefits
Cons
criticized for taking breaks, not able to stand up or leave desk
Working for Atlantic Health is a opportunity
Emergency Room chart coder (Former Employee) –  To code ER report and submit for paymentSeptember 30, 2015
I loved while I was working for Atlantic Health company. I learned so many things, such as new softwares to code charts faster and easier way. Management and co-workers were alright.
Pros
working environment was quite
Cons
Sometimes no breaks or no lunch for part timers
Security Supervisor / Corporal (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJSeptember 30, 2015
Working for AHS you meet a lot of interesting people. Great people to work with. My department and shift is like a second family.
Benefits
Atlantic Health is great, Ambulance portion terrible
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJSeptember 30, 2015
Being an Atlantic Health employee has wonderful benefits. The medical benefits and 401K are by far the greatest aspect of the job. The benefits are incredibly affordable! (Vision is awful) Plenty of PTO offered, flexible scheduling, 12 hour shifts 3 days a week. However, management is awful! No communication whatsoever. Need time off? Good luck getting a response. Have an issue? Good luck getting a response. Need to be reprimanded? That's when they'll call you 10x's over. Dispatchers treat the EMT's as if they're incompetent, lack common respect, and are just down right rude! Good luck if you need a lift assist... you'll be on your own. Equipment is waaaay outdated. Plan on staying hours past your shift without even a mere thank you. Also, plan on running your tail off for 12 hours straight without a break and getting hammered into with questions if you even stop for a bathroom break. The pay is a joke. A great way to get your foot in the door with Atlantic Health or as a per diem gig, but run from the ambulance sector!
Pros
Benefits, flexible schedule
Cons
No breaks, busy shifts, management, dispatchers, pay, under-appreciated
Decent place for an 8 to 4 schedule.
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJAugust 30, 2015
The company is undergoing some changes and transformations under a new CEO. Difficulty in upward mobility giving the flat organizational structure. Great work life balance as people are encouraged to maintain the 40 hour work week.
Challenging job with poor management and communication
Homecare dietitian (Former Employee) –  North western NJ and Pike county, PAJune 11, 2015
I have a per diem position with Atlantic Homecare and Hospice. While I work with some excellent nurses, therapists, and social workers, management is poor. I work remotely and seldomly go to the office so I depend on emails. My emails were not always answered. I have been asking for part time status for over 6 months. I've been told "hang in there" and "be patient". My patience wore thin, and I resigned May 26th. My resignation has not been acknowledged by my direct manager or anybody in managment, and my last day is June 12. Positive feedback was rare. I mostly heard from management when something was needed. Bad management will cause staff to be lost, and the ones who stay will be unhappy. I would definitely not rate the Homecare part of Atlantic Health System a top company to work for.
Pros
Flexibility with my schedule
Cons
Covering a huge geographical area as a per diem clinician, poor communication especially with managment
PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Resident (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJApril 19, 2015
Multiple hospitals in the network. MMC is a nice place to work with a collaborative spirit between the various clinical specialists.
Professtional oriented enrivontment
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJFebruary 27, 2015
Daily workload was doable, it could be pressure at times due to project deadlines. I've learned a lot of information about healthcare industry and how to open new services in hospitals. Management and coworkers were professional and cordial. The hardest part of the job was to present researching data for upper management within a short notice. The gratifying part of the job was to receive recognition for the hard work from my manager.
Excellent organization to build a career
Registration, Administrative Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJanuary 11, 2015
Organization encourages full development of its employees. Because the organization is growing its brand throughout the state, the opportunities for career growth are outstanding.
Pros
committed to a positive working place for their employees.
Cons
yearly raises for non-clinical and non-managers are not that great.
Hospital System is great - Atlantic Ambulance BAD
EMT (Former Employee) –  LivingstonJanuary 2, 2015
Working for the AHS system is wonderful, however, the Atlantic Ambulance division treats its employees entirely different. We have below average salary, outdated equipment, oldest vehicles in the industry. The employees within the ambulance division have an very high turnover rate due to the law pay, constantly being held 2-3 hours past their shift end time.

Overall company is great, but stay away from the Atlantic Ambulance Division.
Productive working environment
Support Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Pompton Plains, NJOctober 20, 2014
The typical work day was from 8am-4pm. I would talk to patients about the MyChilton Patient Portal and sign them up. I also would take calls about any account problems and solve it for the customer.

2.9