Atlantic Health Employee Reviews in United States

Beautifully set up 16 Unit Inpatient Mental Health Unit with excellent and caring Professional Staff
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newton, NJSeptember 8, 2015
A typical day on a Voluntary and Involuntary Mental Health Unit is far from typical. Anything can happen and staff must be prepared. The day consists of VS, Dr's orders, pt ed, admissions, meds, milieu therapy, running groups,discharges, Treatment Team, safety, collaboration with other disciplines, updating tx plans, mental and physical assessments, monitoring LPN's and MHA's. Documentation of above, team work, family involvement, serving as a Mentor to other staff and pt's. Evaluating and documenting effectiveness and understanding of pt. ed. Utilizing de-escalation tecniques and many more things as they arise.
Pros
Nice hospital setting, excellent employees, benefits and perks, coworkers.
Cons
The way employees are treated when disciplenary action is enforced, including Doctors, no charge pay, equipment that doesn't work.
Residency Coordinator
Lead Medical Residency (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJJuly 10, 2016
Worked as Coordinator. Worked for Director of Medical Education. Very busy department. Worked more than 40 hours a week, and loved the people I interacted with.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Weather is cold in NJ
Productive and a good place to work
Medical Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJJune 18, 2016
Atlantic health is a very good place to work. The Management cares for the employees and the employees are always recognized for their hard work.
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 2, 2016
Trained their employees well and gave provided opportunity for growth and development. Security was very important to employees and protection of what they needed to provided to their staff.
Atlantic Health
Shift Supervisor Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Newton, NJJune 25, 2016
Not a bad place to work. They have so many locations now. There are a lot of perks. PTO time is great. EIB, HIB. Not much more to say.
great place
Registered Nurse Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 12, 2016
exceptional hospital to work for . Great hourly rate
smart staff, always teaching and learning

........................................
Pros
money
People are great
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Newton, NJJanuary 19, 2016
People are great, treat you like family. Great place to learn new things. The most enjoyable part of my job, is working with OB patients, this is the highlight of my day.
Pros
great peopl
Cons
long days
Supportive work environment
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJMarch 9, 2015
Wonderful place to start your career--great benefits and supportive staff, manageable work hours. Definitely go home feeling accomplished each and every day!
Very Good Place with Career Advancment
Paient care technician (Current Employee) –  Overlook Medical CenterOctober 19, 2015
Great place to work. Learned so much in my time here that i was able to build myself to work in many parts of this hospital.
As a tech you only work three 12 hour shifts so you have four days off to go to school or relax.
Pros
Job advancement great staff
Cons
Atlantic Health ia an excellent company to work for.
Polysomnography Technician (Current Employee) –  Sleep technicianJuly 6, 2012
From the start of orientation to the start of work I have been impressed with each and every employee in every department that I have met. Everyone takes pride in their work and is friendly and helpful to both co-workers and patients.
Pros
full time employees have excellent health benefits.
Cons
i am only a per diem employee.
Job close to home
Administrative Assistant - Operating Room (Current Employee) –  Summit, New Jersey 07901October 5, 2015
I have worked for 11 years at Atlantic Health Care but feel it is time to move on to other opportunities.

I have been doing this job for about 11 years and would like a change of work environment - not in a hospital.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Extremely heavy work load
professional work environment
Courier (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJJuly 12, 2015
Atlantic health care is a top 100 company to work for.I am responsible for daily deposit pick ups from various offices. Best part of the job is dealing with people.
Pros
responsability
a productive place
medical front end receptionist (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 8, 2015
A typical day at work is greeting patients, answering phones, to schedule appointments, to collect co-pays, and to verify demographics. I learned to be patient and not to take anything personal. The hardest part of my job is watching the patients health detraite. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the patients the laughs the conversations and the stories.
Great Experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJDecember 11, 2014
Atlantic Health is a great company to work for. They treat their employees with the utmost respect. I would come into the office at 8:00am each morning, and my co-workers were always on time and lively. I worked under three doctors who loved their profession, and took the time to teach me about their field. Management in my department was organized, competent, understanding, and approachable. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to learn from older co-workers, and learn more about medicine.
Very Professional
Representative (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJMarch 22, 2014
Atlantic Health is a great organization apart of the Fortune 100 top companies to work for, because you can advance internally, and this job is entry level in some aspects. Striving organization.
Pros
advancement
Great Place to work and tons of room for advancement
Horizon Practice Plus Front End Trainer (Current Employee) –  Morristown NJJuly 17, 2014
Great Place to work and tons of room for advancement. If you enjoy working with patients and in the medical field this is where you want to work.
Administrative Assistant/Registrar (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJFebruary 10, 2013
Atlantic Health is a very good place to work. Everyone is friendly, courteous and hard working. Helping patients and there families is a priority.I enjoy helping patients as well as there families in any way that i can that is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
representative lunches for the doctors
Cons
schedule changes
Hard worker and a team player
ER/Trauma Unit Representative (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJMarch 17, 2012
To seek employment in a company which would allow me to utilize my abilities and work experience, demonstrating proficiency and well organzied work habits, with the ability to function smoothly under pressure.
Magnet
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJFebruary 1, 2013
Magnet Hospital.

Fortune 49.

Safe location.

Awards for patient satisfaction.

Mostly friendly.