Atlantic Shores Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
The WORST,most unprofessional,unsafe hospital I ever worked at.
Charge Nurse/CSU (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308March 4, 2016
NO ONE cared...patients over medicated, little supplies[linen, snacks, reading material or other things to occupy patients during free time.

Place FILFTHY!!!

Staff so paranoid they were being WATCHED on camera, fearing for their jobs.

On night shift SEVERAL of the 4 Units had NO RN to be in charge[required by law].On a regular basis.

A LOT of unethical, unsafe practices.

If you care about your license DO NOT go there!!

If you care about your LOVED ones, NEVER send them there.
Pros
Liked my immediate coworkers
Cons
short breaks, no supplies, sleeping supervisors and staff, hostile work place
Fast-paced environment, lots of pressure, but a lot of support
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 8, 2015
This was one facility of over 200 facilities, so there was access to resources with a corporate office and several other facilities. Obviously, there are more rules and beaurocratics with larger companies. I learned a lot about professionalism through great and not-so-great examples. Management went through a few periods of turnover, but the many of the people I worked with I'm still in good contact with. The hardest part of the job was maintaining compliance, and the most enjoyable part was working with such hard working, good people.
Learned a lot about utilization management and case management
Clinical Case Manager/Utilization Review (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 27, 2015
I learned a vast amount about working in a hospital setting and was allowed to practice newly acquired counseling skills and in utilization review. I won hospital employee of the year in 1999 because of the results of my case management of hospital patients and utilization review leading in high rate of approval of inpatient stays. The hardest part of the job was discharge planning for homeless patients with little or no financial ability.
Pros
great supervision
Cons
short breaks
•Administrative & Management •Microsoft Suite Communication •Verbal & Oral Communication •Customer and Personal Service ••New Hire Training •Making De
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 22, 2013
I like to undergone training and attended seminars to improve problem-solving skills and interaction with clients. I like to sing and dance.
Psych and Addiction Facility
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 15, 2014
Very little support from Management. Admission capacity beyond licensing requirements.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
over worked with over admitted patients
Decent
Revenue Cycle Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 15, 2013
I worked on this job for a year through an agency when the agency contract ended I moved on.
GEO Group
Medicare-Manage Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft Lauderdale FloridaMay 4, 2012
This Mental health hospital does a lot of good work. The job was interesting I learned alot.
Empresa de grande expansão, atualizada e de excelentes oportunidades.
Supervisor de Facilities (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 13, 2014
Empresa voltada a satisfacão do consumidor (patientes), a qual atualizava sempre seus empregados para o melhor serviço. Empresa de comunicação aberta e descomplicada. A responsabilidade por um ambiente seguro, confortavel, limpo e profissional era fundamental.

2.9