Atlantic Shores Employee Reviews

Worst of the worst place to work
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DESeptember 30, 2016
This is hands down one of the worst places I have ever worked. Management uses and abuses it's staff over and over. They hire you promising to do whatever they have to in order to make sure you are successful in your position however this is never the case. The demands of the job are so high , so unrealistic that turn around is rampant. Think long and hard before you accept a position in any capacity at this facility.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management doesn't care about the staff
Security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Va Beach VAJuly 26, 2016
Put in 3 or 4 times they don't have the courtesy of not calling you and letting you know anything and when you do call human resources is rude and treat you like bad. I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to put in for the dump stay away.
Pros
Cons
Rude
Stay away
LPN (Former Employee) –  VA Beach, VAJune 27, 2016
Horrible place to work. Only good thing was SOME of the residents. Remember you have been warned a few times by other comments.
Pros
Cons
everything
A posterchild for one of the worst places to work!
Worker (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 17, 2016
After working at Atlantic shores for MANY years as always throughout my employment "termination" is a constant at this facility! They fire the best and keep the worst. Theft,racism,workplace and employee violations run rampant throughout the campus. Nepotism is the company moto that protects many.As many others have noted, short time employment is all you can expect. A "career" most definitely not! They try to get you to believe that it is like a "Working Family." More like being in the Mafia and wondering when your next on the hit list! You have been warned!!!!
Pros
Non
Cons
All of the above and then some
Loved my job
Assistant Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Millsboro, DEDecember 10, 2015
When I arrive in the morning I do rounds and I check progress notes from the last 16 hours. Then I write a list of things to review with unit managers. I go to morning meeting which last 1-1 1/2 hours. I review and summarize incident reports. I enter new admission orders. I verify narcotics arrived in the building. I handle any staff, resident or family issues. I assist with physicians orders. I go to afternoon report.
Pros
Always learning something new
Cons
Discipline
housekeeping - terrible
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  VA Beach, VADecember 3, 2015
management terrible they sit in office and chat all day
everyone talks about each other no team work here
nothing good to say
Awful Place
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 12, 2015
Nepotism is played at its highest at this place. Employees deal with harassment, workplace violations, and employment rights are constantly infringed. Human Resources is not your friend here, they are only there to look out for the company. The only good thing about this place is some of the residents because they will treat you like family while other residents will treat you as if you are their indentured servant.
great workplace
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 1, 2015
great work environment with supportive management and employees. You're able to advance at this job because it is a big company.
Very easy place to work
DINING ROOM SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 7, 2015
This is a very easy going place to work. Would love to stay and grow within the company but there are very few options for advancement. People tend to stay here for long periods of time. the residents make every day worth coming in. Only negative part about this institution would be the lack of communication amongst the departments.
Pros
A smile on everyone's face
Cons
Parking
horrible place to work
security officer (Former Employee) –  va beach VirginiaApril 6, 2015
Went to work here as a security officer management are very rude and the officers you work with will treat you like a dog you will only get one day off at a time no days back to back the turn over rate is very high due to management so good luck you have been warned
Pros
Cons
bad place to work
Seasonal Job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 8, 2015
A good place for teenagers on summer break.. The weather will drain you. Some of the customers are rude.
Its ok
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  VANovember 20, 2014
As an LPN if you work one LTC facility you have worked them all. It is not the worst. Seaside is more "skilled care". Harborway is more assisted living.
Productive and fund workplace. Provided educational games and movies for children
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 17, 2013
worked early in the morning, but the children brought in so much energy into the setting. I've learned a lot about taking care of a lot of children at one time. Learned to provide dislipine and made everyone feel comfortable. The hardest part was calming down so many hyper childeren at once. The most enjoyable part was taking the children outdoors so they could run around and have fun.
Pros
Early in the morning. Didnt interfere with school
Cons
Didnt have transportation at the time. Had to walk to work
Fun job
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DEJuly 10, 2013
It is a nursing home.... I think that about sums it up. The patients are well cared for. The hours are long. The pay is great!!
Great community!
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 22, 2013
Atlantic Shores is an awesome retirement center in Virginia Beach. They have several apartment buildings and bungalows for the residents and a small hospital on site! The management is fantastic! The residents are great too. I loved this job because you got to see a lot of patients every day. You run back and forth to each apartment or house but its all in one community! Its fast paced and fun work! The worst part of the job for me was the drive. I loved about 35 minutes away and had three small kids at the time. Which is the only reason I left.
Management is HORRIBLE
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Va beachApril 29, 2013
I worked at Atlantic shores for a year and a half, the work wasn't the issue but the management an supervisors are super shady an vindictive. Personally the WORST place I've worked in my life, I'd advise anyone to stay away from this place.
Not the best place to work
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 25, 2013
I quit working this job after two months. The working conditions in the kitchen left me with nerve damage to my fingers due to the high heat and no air conditioning in the summer months, The staff was very unprofessional and schedules were always an issue.
Pros
nice orientation
Cons
working conditions and management is terrible
Productive place to work
Nursing Coordinator/ Administrative Support to CNO (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 18, 2013
Great company to work for from the CEO to the line workers all have the attitude of service excellence. Senior management really do have an open door policy with a whistle blower policy in place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlantic Shores. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5