Atlantic Shores

Atlantic Shores United States Employee Reviews

Seasonal Job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 8, 2015
A good place for teenagers on summer break.. The weather will drain you. Some of the customers are rude.
Its ok
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee), VANovember 20, 2014
As an LPN if you work one LTC facility you have worked them all. It is not the worst. Seaside is more "skilled care". Harborway is more assisted living.
Productive and fund workplace. Provided educational games and movies for children
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VASeptember 17, 2013
Pros: early in the morning. didnt interfere with school
Cons: didnt have transportation at the time. had to walk to work
worked early in the morning, but the children brought in so much energy into the setting. I've learned a lot about taking care of a lot of children at one time. Learned to provide dislipine and made everyone feel comfortable. The hardest part was calming down so many hyper childeren at once. The most enjoyable part was taking the children outdoors so they could run around and have fun.
Fun job
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Millsboro, DEJuly 10, 2013
It is a nursing home.... I think that about sums it up. The patients are well cared for. The hours are long. The pay is great!!
Great community!
Nurse Aide (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 22, 2013
Atlantic Shores is an awesome retirement center in Virginia Beach. They have several apartment buildings and bungalows for the residents and a small hospital on site! The management is fantastic! The residents are great too. I loved this job because you got to see a lot of patients every day. You run back and forth to each apartment or house but its all in one community! Its fast paced and fun work! The worst part of the job for me was the drive. I loved about 35 minutes away and had three small kids at the time. Which is the only reason I left.
Management is HORRIBLE
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Va beachApril 29, 2013
I worked at Atlantic shores for a year and a half, the work wasn't the issue but the management an supervisors are super shady an vindictive. Personally the WORST place I've worked in my life, I'd advise anyone to stay away from this place.
Not the best place to work
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 25, 2013
Pros: nice orientation
Cons: working conditions and management is terrible
I quit working this job after two months. The working conditions in the kitchen left me with nerve damage to my fingers due to the high heat and no air conditioning in the summer months, The staff was very unprofessional and schedules were always an issue.
Productive place to work
Nursing Coordinator/ Administrative Support to CNO (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 18, 2013
Great company to work for from the CEO to the line workers all have the attitude of service excellence. Senior management really do have an open door policy with a whistle blower policy in place