Atlantic Testing Laboratories Employee Reviews

If you have experience, keep looking.
Technician (Current Employee) –  New YorkJanuary 16, 2018
If you have experience, then I wouldn't suggest working for this company. I was hired FT and ended up working 2-3/week. The company expects you to be available all week only to let you know you're not needed for work the night before. This is a low budget outfit who expect you to over-bill clients while you make the same money. There's a huge employee turnover rate in this company and it does nothing to encourage employee loyalty. A complete waste of time.
Pros
Cons
Too many days off, disorganized, junk equipment, drug use
Atl
Project Monitor/Air Tech (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYMay 3, 2017
Poor management its a joke they hire people that don't know what they r doing the whole experience is a joke I just wish I never worked with asbestos.
Challenging and Active Workplace
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 28, 2017
A cooperative community of dedicated and intelligent individuals. The employees are good friends and their quality of work is superior to that of their competitors.
Experience is key
Intern (Former Employee) –  Highland, NYJanuary 12, 2017
I worked with many engineers and supervisors next to me. Was on my own most of the time and working with strangers. New people I met were great especially at the age I was and still am. Learned how to work and what people like and don't like. I fit in and validated that I want to be an engineer because I loved it and I was good at it.
Good for college kids
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 19, 2016
Pay is terrible point blank you can not take care of a family let alone pay bills. Other companies pay 10 times more. Just gotta search
Pros
Big name company respected in feild, so get hired and leave to another company
Cons
Pay rate
Atlantic Testing Laboratories
Construction Inspector (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NY 14903June 21, 2016
I have nothing but good things to say about Atlantic Testing Laboratories. I worked at Atlantic Testing Laboratories from 2006 to 2009. I left on good terms for another position.
Disorganized Operations
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJune 2, 2016
Employees are hard for this company to retain. There is limited career progression opportunities within the company and daily operations were disorganized at best.
No life. No consistency.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYApril 11, 2016
During interview and orientation they make you feel like they care about you. That last about 2 weeks. Then you're an object to make money for them. Nothing else.
Pros
Pay isn't horrible for entry level
Good work, pay isn't great
Technician 2/Soils and Aggregate Inspector (Current Employee) –  PoughkeepsieSeptember 17, 2015
work always kept me busy, pay sucked. paid significantly less than other firms of similar nature. Good people to work for though.
bad work bad pay
Field QC Testing Technician (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJune 16, 2015
over worked underpaid. poor structure. poor management.
terrible people with poor attitudes cause they hate themselves.
If you are considering a job with then, don't.
Pros
Cons
everything
Significant solo work
Construction Materials Technician (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 6, 2015
Typically, I was sent out to an ongoing construction site to do various tests of either concrete or soil. Because ATL is a third party testing lab, I would generally go to a site alone and coordinate with the construction crew their to complete my tests. Due to the nature of the job, I was generally sent to a site with very little information regarding my activities, so this would not be a good job for someone who has to work on the fly. The management staff was very friendly and the long term employees were very accepting of all of the summer hires.
fast pace very demanding
Assistant Driller (Current Employee) –  Canton, NYApril 15, 2015
Typical day includes travel to work locations.Anywhere from one to seven hours away.Job requires you to work in all weather conditions and can be long hours.
hope they have changed
welding inspector (Former Employee) –  anbany ,nyFebruary 18, 2015
worst company I ever worked for. will work to death then let you go soon as it slows down .

should have been making $ 30.00 plus per hour paid me salary and worked me 60 to 70 hours per week with the promise of bonus at end of year laid me off week before thanksgiving , on bonus worked out to about $9.00 per hour
Pros
nice offices
Cons
treat techs like trash
This was a summer Co-op that was ok.
Field technician for concrete and soils (Former Employee) –  Clifton Pakr, NYMay 7, 2014
For ATL I had to test concrete and soils both in the lab an at construction projects. It was really cool to go to different construction jobs every day.
I didn't like the inconsistent hours as one day I would have to be at work at 8am and the next day I might have to be in at 4am. Also while the travel was cool, the tests being performed at each job where essentially the same.
Pros
Travel, seeing different construction projects
Cons
inconsistent start times
Start to finish
Assistant/Project Manager/Junior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYApril 8, 2014
-Work alongside engineers, managers, and technicians on projects
-Engineering, project management, liaison between upper management and technicians
-Goal oriented
-Worked well together to accomplish tasks at hand
-Liaison between management and technicians
-Seeing a project completed
Pros
Multiple projects, work in and outdoors
Cons
Work in and outdoors
Great first job, Be ready to be "on call"
Technician Level 1 (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYApril 7, 2014
ATL will give you the experience of seeing multiple worksites and give you a perspective on how things work. A great starter job for someone looking for an inspector job or a career in the lab. The management is fairly haphazard in decision making and scheduling. WARNING!!! ATL is famous for giving you your schedule to you the night before via text message or phone call. This akes it almost impossible to plan out your week/weekend. On the otherhand if you would like extra hours they are always available. Providing you are willing to give up a little sleep. Overall ATL has given me much experience with contractors as well as engineers and inspectors on a variety of worksites across new york state.
Very Stressful and Uncomfortable
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYMarch 26, 2014
This company was extremely disorganized. The managers were unclear and would become sarcastic when , extremely hostile environment and felt as if I was walking on egg shells the entire time.
Productive and friendly workplace
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 23, 2014
Construction materials engineering and testing firm, workload coincides with commercial construction season, experienced and effective management team.
Excellent company, providing training and certifications to motivated employees.
Senior Inspector (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJanuary 24, 2014
If you are motivated and want to grow with them the sky is the limit. New entry level technicians are trained and certified in ACI concrete field testing and operation of soil compaction moisture/density meters since there is a lot of need for these services. If you are interested in other aspects of construction inspection and are a motivated worker they will pay for your training and certification in those fields.
Pros
Training and certification opportunities.
Cons
Early morning travel. Daily job assignment dictates start times and breaks.
Great Co-Workers and Culture
Environmental Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYNovember 25, 2013
Day to day assignments that can last from 4 to 10+ hours.
Willingness to train new workers.
Management great in good times, unsupportive in rough times.
Management quick to turn back on employees.
Ok Pay.
Supplied Vehicles.
Pros
Overtime, Great co workers
Cons
Long Hours, Low Base Pay