Atlantic Testing Laboratories Employee Reviews in United States

No life. No consistency.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYApril 11, 2016
During interview and orientation they make you feel like they care about you. That last about 2 weeks. Then you're an object to make money for them. Nothing else.
Pros
Pay isn't horrible for entry level
Significant solo work
Construction Materials Technician (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 6, 2015
Typically, I was sent out to an ongoing construction site to do various tests of either concrete or soil. Because ATL is a third party testing lab, I would generally go to a site alone and coordinate with the construction crew their to complete my tests. Due to the nature of the job, I was generally sent to a site with very little information regarding my activities, so this would not be a good job for someone who has to work on the fly. The management staff was very friendly and the long term employees were very accepting of all of the summer hires.
bad work bad pay
Field QC Testing Technician (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJune 16, 2015
over worked underpaid. poor structure. poor management.
terrible people with poor attitudes cause they hate themselves.
If you are considering a job with then, don't.
Pros
Cons
everything
Great first job, Be ready to be "on call"
Technician Level 1 (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYApril 7, 2014
ATL will give you the experience of seeing multiple worksites and give you a perspective on how things work. A great starter job for someone looking for an inspector job or a career in the lab. The management is fairly haphazard in decision making and scheduling. WARNING!!! ATL is famous for giving you your schedule to you the night before via text message or phone call. This akes it almost impossible to plan out your week/weekend. On the otherhand if you would like extra hours they are always available. Providing you are willing to give up a little sleep. Overall ATL has given me much experience with contractors as well as engineers and inspectors on a variety of worksites across new york state.
fast pace very demanding
Assistant Driller (Current Employee) –  Canton, NYApril 15, 2015
Typical day includes travel to work locations.Anywhere from one to seven hours away.Job requires you to work in all weather conditions and can be long hours.
hope they have changed
welding inspector (Former Employee) –  anbany ,nyFebruary 18, 2015
worst company I ever worked for. will work to death then let you go soon as it slows down .

should have been making $ 30.00 plus per hour paid me salary and worked me 60 to 70 hours per week with the promise of bonus at end of year laid me off week before thanksgiving , on bonus worked out to about $9.00 per hour
Pros
nice offices
Cons
treat techs like trash
Great Co-Workers and Culture
Environmental Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYNovember 25, 2013
Day to day assignments that can last from 4 to 10+ hours.
Willingness to train new workers.
Management great in good times, unsupportive in rough times.
Management quick to turn back on employees.
Ok Pay.
Supplied Vehicles.
Pros
overtime, great co workers
Cons
long hours, low base pay
Field work
Project Monitor/ Air Technician (Current Employee) –  Highland, NYSeptember 29, 2012
While being in the field a typyical dat at work starts off by meeting up with supervisors, general contractors, building representatvies to go over scope of work for the day. I learned how to communicate better with others at the job site to make sure everyone is on the same page. I go to different sites representing my company. My co-workers are either at the office or at different jobsites and are very nice people. The hardest part of the job is making sure the supervisor of the abatement crew is doing everything by the book. The most enjoyable part of the job is being out in the field and meeting new people.
Pros
travel comp., hotel paid, great benefits
Cons
short lunch breaks
Start to finish
Assistant/Project Manager/Junior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYApril 8, 2014
-Work alongside engineers, managers, and technicians on projects
-Engineering, project management, liaison between upper management and technicians
-Goal oriented
-Worked well together to accomplish tasks at hand
-Liaison between management and technicians
-Seeing a project completed
Pros
multiple projects, work in and outdoors
Cons
work in and outdoors
I never really enjoyed it. Wasn't a good match for me.
Technical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYMarch 10, 2013
I was okay there but didn't feel like I fit in. I would be working on one of the reports and others would be doing it at the same time so I was constantly having to retype, or redo the reports. The computer program should have been set up so that only one person could work on the report at a time.
Cons
had health benefits but wouldn't cover until you were there 1 yr.
Excellent company, providing training and certifications to motivated employees.
Senior Inspector (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJanuary 24, 2014
If you are motivated and want to grow with them the sky is the limit. New entry level technicians are trained and certified in ACI concrete field testing and operation of soil compaction moisture/density meters since there is a lot of need for these services. If you are interested in other aspects of construction inspection and are a motivated worker they will pay for your training and certification in those fields.
Pros
training and certification opportunities.
Cons
early morning travel. daily job assignment dictates start times and breaks.
Productive and friendly workplace
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 23, 2014
Construction materials engineering and testing firm, workload coincides with commercial construction season, experienced and effective management team.
This was a summer Co-op that was ok.
Field technician for concrete and soils (Former Employee) –  Clifton Pakr, NYMay 7, 2014
For ATL I had to test concrete and soils both in the lab an at construction projects. It was really cool to go to different construction jobs every day.
I didn't like the inconsistent hours as one day I would have to be at work at 8am and the next day I might have to be in at 4am. Also while the travel was cool, the tests being performed at each job where essentially the same.
Pros
travel, seeing different construction projects
Cons
inconsistent start times
Good Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Highland, NYNovember 6, 2013
Stop and Shop was a great place to work for a part time job. I worked with mostly high school students who were working part time to go to school. I made sure that everyone punched in on a daily basis. On Saturday and Sunday was when payroll was done for the week. Sunday was finalizing everything into the system, to get paid on Wednesday.
Pros
liked working with my co workers, it was like a big family
Cons
working weekends
Very Stressful and Uncomfortable
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYMarch 26, 2014
This company was extremely disorganized. The managers were unclear and would become sarcastic when , extremely hostile environment and felt as if I was walking on egg shells the entire time.
Working in a lab for my internship
Technician - Internship (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYNovember 8, 2013
-tested compressive strength of concrete samples
-tested quality of soil samples from construction sites
-received OSHA training and ACI certification
-reported any issues with the tests to supervisor
-filed test results for others to compile data
Pros
osha training
Learning Opportunity
Pavement Engineer (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYJuly 9, 2013
Civil construction inspection firm with great reputation, willingness to teach entry level individuals and approachable upper managment persons