Atlantic Employee Reviews

busy yet fun
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 26, 2016
Atlantic Services is a great company. Co workers are kind. Customers are difficult sometimes but overall Atlantic is a good company.
not enough money
BUS SHUTTLE DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 18, 2016
They need to pay more money. so unorganized. always short of drivers. People come in and leave shortly there after. They don't stand up for the drivers. Management is aweful. Only had one drivers meeting since I came in this past Aug. Insurance is high as the sky. They don't fight to get you the best price on insurance either.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
their pay sucks
very place place to work
Care Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 10, 2016
Provide services to client with mental illness, HIV/AIDS, chronic medical Illness by linking them to health care providers. Assist client 's with obtaining and maintaining benefits and entitlements. Assisting client's with obtaining housing transitional and permanent.
excelent place to work
Accountant, LAZ Parking Mid (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 21, 2016
good place to learn and grow. good working environment and the company has a chance to expand . employees has no job security issue
productive and fun work place
valet (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 17, 2015
the most enjoyable part of the job is giving out good customer service. also getting to drive learn about different cars as well.
Pros
public transportation to work.
Cons
no breaks
fun work place
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Ny brooklynAugust 2, 2015
Quite place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone work together and get the job done.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
Small business with enjoyable work environment
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 8, 2015
I enjoyed my daily tasks at work, including but not limited to invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivables, and occasionally interacting with customers. I learned QuickBooks by doing this job which enhanced my office skills. The management and co-workers were easy going and provided a good working environment. I working mostly independently while occasionally working with management on proposals.
Amazing job, loved every minute of it.
Server/Bar back and back of the house (Former Employee) –  Edgartown, MADecember 4, 2014
Started here as a dish washer and ended up as a barback/bartender, and held every position in between. front of the house training helped me gained the knowledge to excel in this industry. We were busy almost every single night and had multiple events held by music groups and liqour vendors. Some employees felt like they were over worked but i feel like thats what you sign up for at a high volume restaurant. The food and beverage handler was a little high strung and the stress level was intense but overall, great money and hours with prime location in Marthas Vineyard.
Pros
great clientele, as many hours as you can handle
Cons
sometime over booked, and "over the top" management. also only seasonal
Very challenging work place
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon Valley, PAOctober 14, 2014
I started out as a field worker. Moved up to assistant PM where I would transfer take off sheets from paper to computer in order to compute man hours and material take offs. Lite estimating. Handled proposals, change orders, purchase orders, and other documents for projects. I then moved up to PM where I ran around 8 jobs before going back to school. Huge learning experience for me. One that I will carry with me for the rest of my life.
Pros
Excilent learning opportunity
Cons
High Stress
Very nice place to work, friendly coworkers
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 29, 2014
Atlantic Corporation was a very nice place to work and the coworkers I worked with were very friendly. The office manager was very kind and patient. the branch manager was also friendly, nice and great to work for.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
wages were not as good as expected

Want to know more about Atlantic?

Ask a question
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 10, 2014
Typical day at work is OK.
I learn about cleaning.
Management is fine.
Co-workers is fine.
There is no hard part about the job.
the most enjoyable part about the job it is quiet.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Fast paced environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJanuary 22, 2014
This company offers a lot of overtime hours to all the employees which is a great opportunity. The supervisor will assign you a forklift for you to use everyday. The work consists on loading and unloading trucks, you are given the paperwork with the manifest information of the freight you have to load/unload. Unloading trucks is not hard, just label the freight, write the number on it, and place it in the location it goes by the last number of the pro. The difficult part is when loading. You have to look for the freight in "cages" where sometimes it is in the wrong place or not found which takes a lot of time. You are told by your supervisor that you can't take too long to locate freight and on top of that, you manager will tell you to take your time. It is a pity because this company could have potential if only they could assign at least one person to do inventory which is the reason why they always give overtime to employees that with time, will eventually quit by the pressure the bosses cause.
Pros
overtime hours
Cons
Unorganized place and managers with supervisors contradict each other.
Great Place to Work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDJanuary 14, 2014
This was a wonderful place to work. Great communication, good co-workers and a very lacked office feel.
Pros
Great Place
Hard Working ,Fast Learner
Owner if over 100 retail location nation wide (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 24, 2013
i have been working with this company for a long time , and had learned lot .i keep my self busy . multitask.
i been handling all VoIP problems of all there location .
daily problem and more
Cons
helth care
a company at crossroads due to change in the CD and DVD market
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAOctober 21, 2013
Atlantic was a creative environment to work at; full of energy fueled by the change in the industry a bit uncertain about how it is all going to paly.
fast paced, learned alot
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 10, 2013
worked well as team to complete our projects. learned a lot from veteran co workers. such as different kind of blue prints, different welding procedures, I enjoyed my time at atlantic I left seeking better pay, I felt like for the the job I was doing I could get better pay.
Pros
gained more exsperance
constant training and reviews of work related files and k9 inservice.
Sheriffs Officer Sr. K9 Handler (Former Employee) –  4997 Unami Blvd. Mayslanding N.J. 08330February 13, 2013
A day of work for me starts with the preperation of my K9 partner. I then report to my assigned unit which would be " Fugitive Warrants ". Their i would review files of wanted persons old and new , after that i would begin an active patrol throughout the County and also be a support unit for other patrols.The lerning process never ends from day to day. My co-workers are Detectives assigned also to the Fugitive Warrants section . The hardest part is reminding the detectives to not get between or in front of my k9 partner. Bringing the day to a satisfactory conclusion with the arrest of Fugitives, incarcerating them in the County jail , then everyone going home at the end of the day without incident.
National Sales Account Manager -
National Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJuly 3, 2012
My typical day at work starts off with finishing open matters form the previous day. Making cold calls to new prospective accts. Emailing new products to current customers to grow the accounts.

Helping out COO with his acct. listings and trying to close deals daily.

the hardest part of the job is getting the attention of a new buyer for your product line.

The most enjoyable part of the job is closing the deal and receiving the Purchase Orders.
Pros
the job is a challenge
Cons
you have to invest time to close the big accts.
Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  New YorkMay 8, 2012
Well Always its fun to work in your owen field that you love to work and Challenge
Pros
c
Cons
c
construction
Painter, Coater (Former Employee) –  Wintersburg, AZApril 6, 2012
nuclear power plant painting steel beams blasting spraying
Pros
travil in and out money
Cons
being away from home