AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Evolving Healthcare company
Data Capture (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJApril 24, 2017
Under minimal supervision must be able to self delegate and perform necessary work tasks to ensure that all information is processed correctly, accurately and timely into a patients permanent medical record
Pros
OT is approved d/t staffing
Cons
Low pay, unable to maintain enough hours for secure employment
Outstanding Customer Service Experience
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJApril 4, 2017
Working and interacting with the employees and delivering outstanding customer service. Solving payroll issues, concerns and discrepancies in a timely manner.
Patient Focused Organization
Director of Cardiovascular Imaging Services (Current Employee) –  Pomona, NJDecember 8, 2016
Great organization to work for that is patient focused, benefits are not so great. Amazing staff , that are dedicated and caring. Large organization that delivers excellent care, only negative is senior leadership is not very supportive or in touch with daily operations.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Lack of support from Senior Leadership
Excellence
Sterile Processing Tech (Former Employee) –  Pomona, NJNovember 26, 2016
The entire company does the best they can to make sure not only the patients are well taken care of but that the staff is as happy as they can. Great benefits, vacation, shifts, staff. I mean the whole 3 years I was employed with them I must say were the best days ive ever had on a job. Roberta Harbison, SPD Manager, runs a tight ship and is the definition of what great management should be. AtlantiCare tries to stay up to date with the most innovative technology to better sever the communities. I honestly cannot say anything negative. Highly recommended.
Pros
Job Stability, Grest Schedules, Amazing Structure
Cons
NONE
Interesting, challenging work
MEDICAL CODER (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJApril 1, 2016
I very much enjoyed the ability to work from home. My fiance was disabled and it allowed me the ability to work & care for him. The coding work was interesting and challenging. They offered many opportunities for training
Pros
Work from home
Friendly place
intern (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJJanuary 3, 2016
This was my summer internship. The staff was friendly and seemed like a great place to receive care. Management was down to earth and caring for their employees.
great place to work!!!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJDecember 4, 2015
Great pleasure to work with a very supportive management, room to always grow and develop, big organization, friendly environment and co workers, good pay, great health benefits. Would love to work there again!
volunteered in ER and Central Registration
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Pomona, NJNovember 26, 2015
registered patients for procedures and testing
helped staff in ER
talked to families with updates on patients
This was only a volunteer position not a paid position.
Pacu
RN, TEAM LEADER, PACU/SDS (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 25, 2015
Admitted same day surgery patients, recovered patients, from anesthesia, and discharged same day surgery patients. Learned how to manage acutely ill patients. Co-workers very friendly, helpful, knowledgeable - true team approach. Management supportive, approachable, and understanding. Very fast paced. Surgeons and anesthesia a joy to work with daily.
Pros
Co-workers, management, doctors
Cons
Call
Atlanticare Regional Medical Center....We are a great big Family....
Mammography Community Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pomona, NJNovember 3, 2015
I'm going to miss my family now that I'm going to relocate to Tampa, Florida... but I will visit you guys in the future when I come to New Jersey....
Productive Workplace.
Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJOctober 8, 2015
Up-dated technology and health care systems. High responsibility. High volume of patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was working the night shift and my co-workers on that shift.
Work 12 hour shift,
Security Operational Manager (Former Employee) –  1925 Pacific Ave. Atlantic City,NJ 08401September 15, 2015
Outstanding place to work great benefits upper management was always there to assist mostly enjoyed working assisting with the elderly the hardest part was dealing with family and friends of deceased patients
great place
student (Former Employee) –  Pomona, NJJune 18, 2015
I loved being here because the employees work together to help each other. I enjoyed the few months that i spent here. I would love to go back here and work again.
Contract Work
Windows Upgrade Technician (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJJune 12, 2015
I worked there for 6 months ugrading software on the PCs throughout the company. It was pretty easy work most of the time, but took a while because we didn't have the correct (software) tools to perform the job. We were using old OS images that required multiple updates to Windows and/or special software that could have been integrated quickly into the image, but wasn't so we had to spend extra time instaling it on every machine (1 to 100, per department) after it was imaged. Once we moved to the hospitals, nothing was done beforehand so we were going in blind, unlike the other departments that weren't used 24/7, which wasted huge amounts of time (I wasted 6 hours trying to install new machines in an area that wasn't possible to be upgraded at the current time, I only found that out the following day or so). Also information wasn't correlated correctly sometimes, which resulted in wasted time trying to figure out what goes where.
Pros
Worked alone a lot, relaxed environment
Cons
Miscommunication, Ineffective Planning, Labor Intensive
Vacation, Bonues, greate place to work
Mobile Mammography Representative (Current Employee) –  Pomona, NJMarch 13, 2015
Atlanticare was a very professional organization to be employed with.
There was a lot of employment advancement and they treated their employees professionally. Atlanticare also provides tuition reimbursement.
Lots of opportunities offered for education and growth.
Practice Director (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor TwpFebruary 21, 2015
I work in a large and often extremely busy practice that can be overwhelming and stressful at times, but I have always felt supported by senior leadership in terms of troubleshooting for solutions. The organization provides numerous educational opportunities that stimulate growth and success as a leader as well as provides an environment conducive to work/life balance. I'm proud to be a part of AtlantiCare.
Pros
Benefits, senior leadership support, work/life balance, opportunity for growth
Cons
Staffing shortages
A great place to work!
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJFebruary 16, 2015
Labor and delivery is a speciality. We work 12 hour shifts, 3x a week in a fast paced environment. I have learned and am fully competent in labor room bedside nursing, pain management, triage, breast feeding, transitional nursing for newborns, fetal demises and in the operating room for emergency and scheduled procedures. My co-workers and I work as team, helping one another all the time in deliveries and in all emergent situations. The hardest part of my job is working 12 hour night shifts from 7pm-7am and commuting over an hour to work.
Pros
Coworkers are friendly and supportive & experiencing childbirth in general on a daily basis
Cons
Night shift work, long hours, and commuting
AtlantiCare is an excellent employer that provides a secure and safe place to work.
Cat Scan Supervisor/CT Tech/Rad Tech (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 21, 2015
You must be able to multitask. This work requires one to be able to perform under high pressure situations. I have learned how to be a better coworker and supervisor from all of my peers. My co-workers are some of the best people I know. Not only my co-workers but also my friends.
The hardest part of the job is being able to stay calm during the high pressure situations and being able to deal with difficult people.
I love everything about my job. Every day is a challenge and a chance to learn something new.
Its like any other job with high, mid and low points.
Crisis Counselor (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 12, 2015
As stated in my Review Summary Its like any other job with high, mid and low points.
Pros
Appreciative Co-Workers
Cons
Unappreciative Co-Workers
Very productive!
Psychiatric Technician/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 7, 2015
Very productive place to work. If you are going to to school for any medical that support the medical field they will assist in anyway that they can also they offer tuition for your education once you have worked for them after a year.

The co-workers are wonderful even the nurses. Our typical day is always very acute due to that we work in the ER but we work as a team no matter what our title is we still jump in to help one another out to make the day to go smooth as possible. Also the main concern is to make sure that we as employees to provide a good customer service to our patients and a safety environment.
Pros
Lunch is too expensive! bring your own lunch..
Cons
You don't always have the time or the staff to take a break..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4