ATLANTICARE Employee Reviews

Atlanticare Cares
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJFebruary 14, 2017
I feel like Atlanticare truly cares about their employees on a personal level. While working there I enjoyed working with the patients more than my coworkers.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
I refuse to respond to this question
a typical day at work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJFebruary 13, 2017
Work with an assigned physician on a daily basis
Escort patients to the exam room
Record medical information, review medications, and obtain vital signs
Perform EKGs, Diabetic Foot Exams, Rapid HbA1c, Urinalysis, Urine Pregnancy Testing, Peak Flow, Vision
Follow up on lab results, sick call backs, assist with appointment scheduling, pre-post visit planning
Other duties that are assigned
I have not yet begun my internship.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Galloway, NJJanuary 27, 2017
I have not yet begun my internship. I have already went through the interviewing process and will be interning this summer. I will be interning from the months of May through July. With that being said, my mother works there and I have seen first handedly that they treat their employees with great respect and they seem like a phenomenal company to work for.
Great Opportunity for Growth
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Pomona, NJJanuary 25, 2017
This company truly does value building it's workforce up from within. I had very kind and guiding managers who taught me a lot during my time with the company.
Worst 6 years of my life!!!
HIM Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 18, 2017
AtlantiCare WAS a great company when I first started there. The supervisors & team leaders in medical records are extremely clicky & unprofessional. They will discuss your personal information with other team members that they go to lunch with. Don't expect to get promoted or a good review unless you are personal friends with management and hang with them outside of work.
I was constantly threatened to be terminated. Forget going to HR...they won't help you at all.
It doesn't matter how well you do your job, if they don't like you they will make your life miserable. I'm so happy I got out of that place!!!
Pros
Pension, benefits
Prepare to get yelled at
Emergency Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJJanuary 4, 2017
overall horrible place to work. management doesn't support you in any means and you are always the bad guy in every situation.
Pros
good coworker
Cons
no breaks, long hours
Great company/place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJDecember 12, 2016
I have had invaluable experiences while working for this company. There are unlimited opportunities for growth. I have worked all different shifts within this organization and cannot complain about any aspects. Pay for nurses is very competitive.
Atlanticare focus is to serve the community as a provider of health and wellness.we are committed to build heathy communities.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 2, 2016
My focus at work is about the patients making sure they get the highest care
It can be overwhelming but as long as WE work together at the end of day we gave it our all.
The best part of the job when when Patients get discharged and come back to visit We get to see it was all WORTH IT.
I LOVE WHAT I DO AND I LOVE WORKING FOR ATLANTICARE
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
nice place to work staff was great most of the time , some staff did not like change
PC Technician (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Atlantic County, NJSeptember 28, 2016
work on computer upgrades and repairs, travel to many work sites, some training of staff, remove old equipment, mirror old system, work on networks, windows, and medical software and equipment
Pros
travel and changing environment
Cons
staff and doctors could be had to work with
RN (Current Employee) –  Pomona, NJSeptember 14, 2016
I believe AtlantiCare is a great place to work. The culture is different on every floor that you work on, but I believe that to be the norm within the hospital setting. When management is available, they seem to really listen to the employees when making decisions.
Pros
love my co-workers
Cons
not a great balance for family life and having a career
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJ 08401September 7, 2016
Always striving for Excellence and serving the Community with Quality Care and Service. Offers different levels of training and advancement with in AtlantiCare.
Poor Salary does not advance with the times
Cash Posting Representative (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJAugust 19, 2016
They balance work and personal life wonderfully. Benefits (health insurance) is terrible. Management loves to micromanage. There is no advancement.
Cons
short breaks, expensive health insurance
fun to work at
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Pomona, NYJuly 29, 2016
the hardest part of the job was tell a family that there love one has pass...with co worker we always find a way to keep busy..management are always beside you just to make sure thing are running smoothly
Pros
good hours
Cons
at times you dont eve get a break
Quality Organization
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJuly 5, 2016
Quality Organization with a commitment to it's patients and employees. Great work/life balance and proud Malcolm Baldrige Winner.
AtlantiScare!!! HORRIBLE Place to work...
Former Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJuly 4, 2016
Horrible place to work UNLESS you're the right complextion for the Connection!!!
Underpaid, Understaffed, & Unappreciated!!!
The (so called) leadership team/ staff there are A Complete JOKE!!
They offer a kind of ladder steps program for Career Advancement but it's a waste of time and short money; because you won't advance anywhere except to the higher level of complaining!!
Glad & RELIEVED to be out of that Prelude To DAMNATION!!!!!
Pros
Christmas Bonus....if you have enough hours for full bonus!
Cons
All else is a Total Failure!!
Always watch your back
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  APGBAR Egg Harbor Township, NJMay 5, 2016
I was hired full time. First few weeks were chaotic. Way to much gossiping. Folks feeling like it's not there job to do this and that. Yeah some team there were. Cliques, snakes and wolves in sheep's clothing. I felt like I was in high school all over again. Every last one of those women needs to be fired. Clean house immediately starting from the top. Doesn't make no sense how petty these MA's are especially when someone new is hired. They will pretty much force you to quite.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks, weekends and holidays off, and decent wages.
Cons
Selfish attitudes, bad customer service, lack of empathy for new hires.
great place to work.
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJApril 28, 2016
wonderful staff. miss working with the staff members very friendly, cool, and etc. Fun place to work specially with kids. Behavioral Health was like a family.
Pros
free lunch for the kids, awards for honor rolls
Cons
short breaks, not enough hours & etc.
Good experience, good co-workers, so-so leadership and communication
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJMarch 20, 2016
Overall experience was a positive one. Job produced positive outcomes for youth and enjoyed the work I did. However, when the program was losing its funding Leadership was not supportive.communication and information about job security, program future, and possibly options were mute. Lead to anxiety about job security, reduced morale, and ruined professional relationships.

Compensation very low, low balled me when promoted and offered a substantial lesser value than job duty and responsibilities.
Pros
co-workers and non-salary benefits
Cons
compensation, leadership
1 Pines
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Pomona, NJFebruary 29, 2016
Typical day at work on 1 Pines is stressful for the most part. There is no morale between staff on the unit. Every single person on that unit is overworked and does not get the recognition they deserve for the jobs that they do. The unit is painfully understaffed majority of the time. The nurses workload is well over what the state mandated patient nurse ratio. The units overnight shift is overworked and again painfully understaffed. Patients end up with a lot of unsafe things in their rooms such as cigarettes, lighters, matches, and other various items that they should not have. The management on the unit is oblivious to the growing problem of lack of staffing and how it affects the safety on the unit. When problems are brought up to management they either ask the staff what they should do about the situation or completely ignore the situation all together. Management on that unit is god awful. Working with majority of the people on that unit was pleasant the nurses are extremely knowledgeable along with the doctors on the unit. You learn a lot from them if you ask questions. The hardest part of the job is the constant lack of morale, lack of staffing, being over worked, and not being appreciated on the unit. The most enjoyable part of the job was honestly interacting with the patients and helping them. If you don't mind being overworked, underappreciated, and understaffed all the time then this is the job for you. Otherwise, I would look into other aspects of Atlanticare behavioral health. I have worked on many units in the hospital and this is by far the worst one to work  more... on mainly because of management. Management does not leave their offices to help and if they do try to help they do not even know where to begin. How do you have people running a unit that they do not know how to work? I have noticed on other units in the hospital that the managers would actually come out on the floor to help if staffing was short on their unit. That does not apply to 1 pines management comes out to see what is going on and then returns to their offices. They do not ask staff if they need help with anything or if there is anything they can do to help. Probably one of the most unhelpful and useless management teams I have seen at Atlanticare. They always talk to staff about the safety on the unit but constantly put staff's safety at risk by having low staffing on the unit. The turnover rate in staffing on that unit blows your mind they go through staff really fast and it seems as if no one really looks into why the staffing on that unit is like a revolving door. They might chalk it up to it being a psychiatric unit and that it is a hard job. Which is not true there have been a lot of good nurses and support staff that have been fired for trumped up reasons. If management does not like you on that unit it is pretty much a done deal. They will find the most ridiculous reason to fire you. They are extremely vindictive. (Please note that I am speaking only about the clinical manager of the unit and manager below them. I have not met the manager above the clinical unit manager.)  less
Pros
Patients, Nurses knowledge, Doctor knowledge
Cons
stress, little breaks, unit morale, understaffing, safety, management, turnover rate in staffing, unappreciated, overworked
Wonderful staff of Technologists.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Pomona, NJFebruary 17, 2016
Fast paced, busy days. Attention to safety and protocol. Teamwork. On call availability. Exposure to Cardiologists and Radiologists and a great nursing staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ATLANTICARE. Our community is ready to answer.