ATLANTICARE Employee Reviews

Companion (Current Employee) –  Atantic CityNovember 17, 2017
Meeting the concerns of a Patients needs. Feeding, bathing and dressing a Patient. Management are excellent. Diversity. The hardest of my job is when someone don't adhere to thing. Putting a smile on a face.
Professional organization
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mt. Holly, NJOctober 11, 2017
Good education benefits and medical benefits.outstanding professional managers and staff.Also a good Dental and vision benefits. Many locations to work Atlanticare has many opertunities
Pros
Freedom for rn
Cons
All in all, good company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJSeptember 20, 2017
In this day and age I doubt if any company could ever be viewed as perfect or without flaw. Okay, fair enough. But after 100+ years in operation I think I could say that AtlantiCare has created a pretty nice healthcare system, and for the most part it services its population pretty well. It is aggressive in its growth strategies, yet at the same time is troubled or hindered by that growth as it struggles to keep pace with new staffing demands.
Pros
Company longevity
Cons
Growth outpaced staffing capabilities
Fun workplace
Representative (Current Employee) –  Hammonton, NJSeptember 6, 2017
Its the best workplace everyone is very friendly and management is down to earth and understandable. I learned so much with the kind of work i did at Atlanticare. Great benefits
AtlantiCare
Phlebotomy Internship (Former Employee) –  Pomona, NJSeptember 6, 2017
Team work is seen here amongst most employees and enjoyable part of work is getting to treat different people. Hardest part is that most people aren't friendly.
very poor place to work they only care about the numbers
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Pomona, NJAugust 29, 2017
poor management, long hours , supervisory does not care about you as an individual, its an unsafe practice working environment. you are unable to perform your duties in a safe way
Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJAugust 28, 2017
It was a great place to work, friendly co-workers, everyone worked together as a team. You could count on anyone there to help you out. A place I would love to go back to.
N/a
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pomona, NJJuly 27, 2017
There are many great opportunities to work within Atlanticare.
The workers and patients are friendly, and their facilities are amazing.
Atlanticare is a place where you are able to move up in position career wise, and have the chance to continue education.
na
Manager, Employee Relations (Current Employee) –  Pomona, NJJuly 24, 2017
Great organization that encourages career growth. Great benefits, including comprehensive medical, 403b, generous tuition reimbursement.
An organization that values all of it's employees.
Great environment
Patient care Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJune 23, 2017
I enjoyed myself at Atlanticare, they are people friendly, it can be very intense at time but in a good way time flies when you work in the emergency room.
Amazing organization great work environment
Security Officer (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Pomona, NJJune 20, 2017
A very professional environment. Offers great benefits to all full time employes and also offer verious programs to improve their quality of lives . Outstanding customer experience as well
Pros
Great enviorment
Cons
Full time work is tough to grab
Poor Leadership in certain areas
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJJune 5, 2017
Leadership is not supportive across the board of the company. The hospital side of the company has a higher pay scale, and from things I have heard, better management experiences. Those on the Behavioral Health side, have poor pay. I have a co-worker, Master's level has been working there for 25 years and she is just making $40k! Leadership is a joke. More like dictatorship.
Pros
Community based work, not locked in office all day
Cons
Micronamangement, poor leadership. STRESS, Stress, Stress
Productive, fun and professional
RMA (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJJune 1, 2017
My experience here has been amazing and I met a family. It is very professional and patient care is the most important to the company and the staff. I had the pleasure of working with many doctors from different specialties and I am so blessed I had this opportunity.
Overall Positive Experience, Out of Touch Management
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJMay 10, 2017
I have worked for AtlantiCare in various roles for a bit over 9 years. When I started, the organization was generally well run and leadership attempted to remain in touch with what their line staff members were experiencing each day. Over time, that has drastically changed. Leadership is either utterly out of touch or willfully ignoring the addressable challenges that front-line employees are facing. This makes it difficult to work there and maintain a sense of accomplishment. Additionally, as other reviews have mentioned, AtlantiCare often grossly overworks their employees for little pay.

I would like to finish with some positive notes. I have had numerous direct supervisors here that are truly wonderful and caring people. They see the challenges and do what they can within their limits to help fix them. My co-workers have always been fantastic and that does ease the strain a bit. Also, they do give a mid-year and end of the year bonus, which is pretty great! And the medical benefits are cheap and outstanding!
Pros
Benefits, Bonuses, Co-workers
Cons
Management, Lack of Support, Pay, Overworked
very productive
ER Tech (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMay 9, 2017
My focus at work is about the patient making sure they get the highest care. At times it can be overwhelming but we always try to work together to make the best out of each moment.There is always a chance at learning new things and growing within the company. Hardest part of the job is making it threw the 12hrs.
Pros
benefits, opportunity for growth, vacation and bonuses, job stability
Cons
staffing shortages, no time or staff to take break, low pay
Volunteer work.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMay 1, 2017
Simple work. Friendly workers and other staff. Gives good insight of what it is like to work for a well known company. Can be overwhelming at first but it's rewarding.
Great place to intern
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJApril 26, 2017
I enjoyed my internship with AtlantiCare in their corporate human resources office, but there was no open position available. The employees there are so friendly and welcoming
Project based
Data Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJApril 18, 2017
Wonderful people and work environment. A diversed workface where all input is valued. The senior management are very personnable and welcoming. It is a great place to work.
A great place to work
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJApril 14, 2017
I have a duel role at Atlanticare Occupational Health Department.
I was hired to be an Xray Technologist and was trained as a Medical Assistant as well. I perform Xrays on work related injuries and also triage the patients as a Medical Assistant.
Decent Place To Work
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJApril 4, 2017
This is a good company to work for. Good pay and benefits. Management is decent and the co-workers arent to bad either. Hard to move up in the ranks. But you have to know someone to get in.