ATLANTICARE Employee Reviews

Name brand company, corn dog atmosphere
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 1, 2016
Working as an after school teacher is stressful. You have to understand the kids are tired, they been there all day they don't want to do anything else they are done. Did anyone ask themselves why Atlanticare kids is always in need of an after school teacher? The reason is simple its little pay and high stress and the kids are very challenging with little support. You think I'm going to actually have a bachelor's degree or master's degree and work for pennies, with no support, structure, benefits or support? If a kid falls and hurts himself a parent is ready to rip your head off thinking you had something to do with it. Thank you but no thank you. This is a good job for somebody just starting out that needs experience but for an experienced person an experienced person will not stay. Once that person gets experience they have the urge to move on because of the high stress involved.
Pros
Atlanticare is a well known company
Cons
no benefits, low pay, high strestress, no mgmt support
Dietry in AtlantiCare
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Pomona, NJNovember 10, 2012
A typical day would clock in then sort through the breakfast menues. Check to see if there were any new admitted and what patients could eat in the morning. then you would set your truck for breakfast and head up to your floor to hand out the breakfast trays. after you got all the patients fed then you would go back down stairs to get the lunch and dinner menues in order. Then head back up to your floor to collect the breakfast trays and take lunch and dinner orders. (must follow diet restrictions if they have any). Once you have all your orders taken and your breakfast trays collected you would bring your truck to the dish room and strip it and clean it out and get it ready for lunch. Do the same after lunch and get dinner trays ready. Meanwhile when you have any spare time you would have side jobs(stock).
Pros
always had 40+hours a week and great benefits.
Cons
no one really worked together and didnt finish most of their work.
Terrible company to work for!!!
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  APG BariatricsOctober 17, 2014
I worked many years for them and they have become a very scary company. Management is a complete failure. HR should be ashamed of themselves. If you dare complain about being harassed at your job HR will find ways to write you up and get you eventually fired. It is like a good old boys club except its all women!!! These women are brutal and should all be removed!! It was a very traumatic time dealing with this company when I was the one who was being treated unfairly by a narcissistic psychopath who needs to be admitted into a ward. If your crazy and don't like to work hard and like knowing everyone business and like treating each other like dogs this is the perfect place for you!!!
Cons
stay far away as possible
Friends of Managers run the Place! Ineffective management
EMT (Former Employee) –  EHT, NJFebruary 6, 2014
The company is run by incompetent management, that has ongoing inappropriate relationships with subordinates. These manipulative and deceitful sub ordinates actually manage the company. Lie about other employees, are uncaring to patients and sleep on the job. Nothing is said as long as you "kiss butt" of management and socialize with them. If you are an honest, decent, hardworking employee, or human being for that matter; this is not the place for you to be working
Pros
health care benefits ok.
Cons
patient care and team work come last, right beneath respect for others.
Lots of opportunities offered for education & growth
Practice Director (APG) (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor Twp.March 3, 2015
I work in a large and often extremely busy practice that can be overwhelming and stressful at times, but I have always felt supported by senior leadership in terms of troubleshooting for solutions. The organization provides numerous educational opportunities that stimulate growth and success as a leader as well as provides an environment conducive to work/life balance. I'm proud to be a part of AtlantiCare.
Pros
benefits, senior leadership support, work/life balance, opportunity for growth
Cons
staffing shortages
Poor Administration & Management
RN (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City NJJuly 29, 2015
Administration is poor they have no idea what management is doing. The unit I worked in the manager who I was supposed to respect could not even do my job --yet she was telling me how to do my work! A lot of favoritism- not a good place to work .If you complain about anything you will be singled out and fired. Very unprofessional and unsatisfying toxic environment to work in.
Benefits
Cons
Clueless management, HR ineffective, does not live up to Magnet Status!
Bring your teflon jacket to work
Patient Access Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJSeptember 3, 2015
Co-workers, for the most part, were the best part of job. Management was rarely able to assist when you needed it most. Unfortunately, it created "us against them" mentality. If you tried to address problems with management in meetings, they turned on you and tried to discredit you. Benefits were good, but long-term survival in this company depended on being a "yes person" with management.
EMS Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJAugust 20, 2013
Come in, complete your ambulance check, and respond to 911 calls. You are pretty much your own boss here with the ambulance being your office. Co-workers are amazing as you learn to become a team given the nature of the job. Saving a life was, hands down, the most enjoyable part of this job.
Pros
good money, good team values, the best benefits ever.
Cons
i dont have any for this company.
Atlantic City Nursing Team=Exceptional Care
NP/RN (Former Employee) –  Atlantic CityAugust 15, 2014
Worked with a passionate group of nurses and other professionals to provide high quality care to underserved community. Job did get stressful at times but the teamwork here made it a positive experience. Would highly recommend AtlantiCare to others.
Pros
free parking, lunches, discount gym membership
Cons
patient population is stressful
don't work here!
RN (Former Employee) –  mainland, pomonaDecember 9, 2014
This is a horrible place to work with weak management. . If you aren't besties with the in-group you will most likely get framed for something and fired because it is all about the popularity contest. You can be the hardest working employee there but get fired because you aren't a part of the in-crowd.
Pros
lots of ot available
Cons
management is horrible and clicky with the staff.
Productive and cutting edge place to work
PET/CT Technologist(Lead) (Current Employee) –  EHT,Atlantic City and Pamona New JerseyDecember 17, 2014
Atlanticare provide great benifits,flexible schedules, and a true enverionment of trust. Employees are always informed of atlanticare's plans for the future, It is a succesful hospital that provides you with a sense of security.
Pros
compancy offeres wonderful holiday bonus and benifts
Good Company to work for.
Security (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NjJune 17, 2015
I've worked in casinos before so when I went to work for AtlanticCare I wasn't used to a company that tried to help its employees and help them progress. I've had no issues there and work with a lot of good people in my department.
Pros
Benefits, Co-Workers, Good Pay, 15% pay differential
Cons
No Free lunch, Sometimes short in staff
Fun place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Pomona, NJOctober 16, 2015
Very supportive management team, probably the best management team I ever work with. The company help me grow tremulously to enhance my skills, knowledge, and understanding in the workplace. Helping people is something I am very passionate about.
Pros
Being around great co-workers and management
Stagnate Department With No Future Growth.
Bed Management Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 9, 2015
High stress level with little pay. If you are willing to settle for this job with out the opportunity of advancement, then this job is for you.
Pros
12 hour shifts. Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits.
Cons
Favoritism. No Job Advancement. Stressful Environment.
Comfortable environment with excellent people
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 11, 2014
A great place to work. I have been there over 26 years. I work with excellent co-workers and managers that truly care about our patients. We are able to provide excellent care because our leaders provide the tools we need.
Pros
the positive staff and management
Comprehensive benefits package for employees.
Healthcare worker (Former Employee) –  City campusJanuary 14, 2013
One of South Jersey's largest employers. Seniority is of little benefit to employees as management routinely disregards seniority in managing employee leave.
Pros
low out-of pocket employee cost health insurance
Cons
weak senior management

Comment – July 6, 2013

The Atlanticare Industry would be a great place to work for but they are set in their ways they really don't care about the employees you have management set people up. and some management lie to get people out of their. if your not down with what they are doing you will not last. but if you kiss Butt you will be Ok.

very diversified passinate company employee
practice manager for bariatics (Former Employee) –  atlantic city njNovember 27, 2013
very large healthcare system which strives in excellance. which included a trauma center bariatic program along with a state of the arts center for spine and joint . Additionally a womans center
Great!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJNovember 4, 2015
Excellent chance for advancement, nice environment, engaging training programs with knowledgable staff. Variety of career paths available, they make it easy with tuition reimbursement, and pathway to leadership fellowships.
Run away
Logistic Technician (Current Employee) –  PomonaApril 16, 2015
The department is ran under staffed, to physically and mentally demanding. If you work overnight just expect no help at all, rotating days off in a 5 day work week.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Awful management, terrible team leader and favoritism
Productive and busy
Atlanticare (Former Employee) –  Pomona, NJDecember 12, 2014
Good place to work, supervised, employee in Kitchen for patient meal distribution and meal planning. It was an upbeat place with great employees
Pros
productive work environment
Cons
worked a rotating schedule, never the same days off