Atlantis Casino Resort Spa Employee Reviews

Harsh work environment with not very good management.
Host/Busser (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 6, 2017
I would not go back here to work, and I would not recommend anyone find a job at this location. At first the job was very fun and productive, and worked with my schedule. As I was there longer, it had all gone downhill.
the Atlantis is an ok place to work
Cocktail Waitress/Server (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 27, 2017
I have learned a lot I went in not knowing a simple cocktail to knowing so many the managment is ok its just kind of impossible to get weekend and holidays off
Pros
free lunch benefits
Cons
no employee discount in restaurants
Management cares only about themselves
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 27, 2017
Only take a job at that place if you absolutely have to. It is the most cut throat place I've ever seen. Shift changes with no notice. They don't care about you or your family. If people didn't go there and give them their money hand over fist willingly it would have been out of business the 1st week. That is how ignorant and incompetent management is there. Do yourself a huge favor and just don't do it. Stay away. Far away. Thank me later.
Pros
Knowing that all the dumb dumbs there will get what they dished out someday
Cons
Wasting years of effort
incentivize & praise
Sales (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 21, 2017
After years of dedication, loyalty & blood, sweat, tears I have experienced, the best part of this company are the built relationships you gain with hotel guest, VIP players & team members & many more. Management needs to re-learn the meaning of dedication & open up their eyes to the people who are overlooked & constantly working hard - incentivize, praise & help get better health benefits.
"This is how it's always been done"
Guest assistance officer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NV 89502July 17, 2017
Management frequently insults and belittles team members (stupid, lazy, incompetent, etc.) often in front of guests and other employees. Management also threatens to fire people on a regular basis. Team members are told often that they are easily replaceable and expendable. Managment in multiple departments overheard complaining about employees that are veterans (why can't they just follow orders, like they are supposed to, instead of asking why it's done that way) one of these conversations involved a department director.

Workplace culture is supposed to be Forbes culture. Yet, the only people required to follow it are the supervisors and below. Forbes culture towards employees is entirely disregarded by leadership. Actual culture is one of micromanagement, hypocricy, and management through intimidation and fear.

Lack of training creates safety issues for both team members and guests alike. Staffing levels do not represent requirements needed for call volume or size of the property.

Work schedules changed on a whim and within short notice. Parental obligations are not considered. Neither is school course schedule (even though HR policy is that education is a priority.) Response given when issues were brought up was "deal with it or find a new job."

Team members look out for each other and warn each other about management trying to find reasons to punish or fire other team members.

Harrassment complaints have a tendency to be ignored until there are numerous complaints in a short time made directly to HR.

Granted vacation requests are seen by management
  more... as something you should be grateful they were willing to do. Often, they will single you out before or after your vacation.

Hardest part of the Job is the entitlement of the guest and how they treat others. In combination with the atrocious management.

the most enjoyable part of the job is the fellow team members at the lower levels.

Healthcare is very expensive and not very good.
Pros
Free Lunch. Non-supervisory coworkers
Cons
Poor management, healthcare cost
horrible place to work for-everyone is related to each other, they have favoritism
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 22, 2017
old, unusable uniforms
unorganized management
favoritism
no spa communication, training and poor management
Manager doesn't understand the type of work we have because she doesn't have experience in spa settings.
scheduling is a mess
employee parking is far
poor management
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks, no health care and they want you to work 50 hours a week????
Professional work place with 4 star Forbes rating!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 14, 2017
The Atlantis is a great place for growth! We pride ourselves on Forbes standards, and guest service! We have a 10 foot smile say hello, make sure to personally walk guests to their destination.
Pros
Forbes, professionalism, personal guest experiences.
Cons
Healthcare, old school ways of doing things!
Very productive workplace
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 3, 2017
We were driven to maintain a high level of customer service. All of management and staff had the same goals and worked towards this end daily. Overall it was a fun and organized place to work.
Pros
free meals
Great place to work at
Poker Room Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 2, 2017
Atlantis casino resort and spa was a great place to work at for 6 years for me. They were flexible with my school schedule and I always felt valued as an employee.
Unique work environment with dedicated staff
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 31, 2017
Never an average workplace. Always something different every day. Sometimes overwhelming and stressful. A unique and hard working staff. They are often underappreciated.
Great learning experience and fun environment!
Spa Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 24, 2017
As one of the top ranked casino resort spas it was a great learning experience. There is a great clientele base at the spa and offers so much opportunity to learn and grow with customer service skills. Everything is a team effort here.
Good place to work for
High Limit Host (Current Employee) –  NevadaMay 17, 2017
work for the Atlantis Casino for 6 years, good team members, management, the only negative thing i can say is they dont pay good . other than that i enjoyed working there
customer relations
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 16, 2017
table games and customer service also been working as a dealer for over 10 years. During the week days it'll be slow but on the weekends is when it gets busy dealing with rude customers and learning different games, management is equal with employees the environment is pleasant since I've been there, dealing with drunk customers. The enjoyment of this job dealing cards with high rollers.
Pros
money
Cons
the hours
over worked
Nail Technician (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 27, 2017
high turn over rate. horrible benefits. nice people. good equipment and supplies but often run out.commission is not high enough. free lunch. forbes trained.
Unorganized and dysfunctional
Spa Concierge (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 17, 2017
At least at the spa, it is a mess. It takes 7 signatures to get any order in and the management is a mess. Having one of your managers getting their hair done on the clock and leaving the order to be processed and tagged by your front staff isn't professional.
Fine place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  BahamsMarch 23, 2017
The Atlantis is a great step in the industry with a stable income. The culture is 24 hour guests are the priority. If you choose to work here you will have to adjust your schedule to accommodate them.
Pros
Free lunch, transportation
Cons
Little time for you
Runner for 3-6 floor and had employee yelling over the radio.
Runner (Former Employee) –  3800 South Virginia stMarch 6, 2017
Manager didn't help me with my work area and in some way I felt like housekeeping was race with black and white. I work hard at work when presser wasn't on me.
Excellent job security but little flexibility in work/life balance
Keno Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 24, 2017
The Atlantis is a great place to be able to have a stable income. The culture is 24 hour guests are the priority. If you choose to work here you will have to adjust your schedule to accommodate them.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Little flexibility
Good place to work, focus on guest service standards
RESTAURANT ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 14, 2017
It is refreshing to work for a company that places so much emphasis on guest service. Management is on par with most other casino/ resorts I have eorked for. Hours are good and flexibility for personal time is good.
Great coworkers, horrible management
Table games (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 29, 2016
If you don't catch an eye of one of the top managers, then your job is fine. If for some reason one of them doesn't like you, then you are doomed. Doesn't matter how good you do your job, doesn't matter that you provide great customer service and customers say good things about you, doesn't matter that your direct managers think you are a great employee. They will harass you on a daily basis just because they can. And nobody can do anything about it. HR will listen to you, try to provide some 'counseling', put it on file, push it further, but then nothing happens, nothing gets resolved, and then you are an even bigger target for bullying. And all the mean things are said to you quietly with a smile so nobody can be a direct witness. I personally witnessed how casino manager told one of the hosts that she has zero taste in clothes and her choice of outfit makes the casino look terrible. It happened right on casino floor, and then that poor girl had to go to greet a player being almost in tears and still having to keep smiling. I however had another manager on my case, she would not say anything about the appearance but she would make little comments about how to do my job (which by the way she couldn't do and had no idea how) and finding the most inappropriate time for that for example pulling me off to the side in the middle of the conversation with a customer.
Micromanagement is at its best. You can't do a right thing if it's not approved by all the levels of management. Everybody is treated like they are replaceble that same day, which is not true. Some positions can't
  more... be filled for months because nobody wants to work there hearing other employees how they are being treated. And by the way I don't know what other reviewers ment by having a paid lunch? You don't, they don't pay you half an hour of your day, so they can legally keep you 8.5 hours before paying you overtime. Even if you don't eat that horrible food for the employees you still don't get paid 0.5 hour every day, it's 2.5 hours a week, 10 hours a month, 120 hours a year that you don't get paid, so every year you work 3 weeks for free for that company  less
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Micromanagement, no raises, Not paid lunch, treating employees with no respect

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval