Atlas Air, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent company to work for.
Ground Ops Specialist. Sr. Loadmaster (Former Employee) –  WorldwideJuly 24, 2015
Prior employee and started my own consulting company regarding high density/unusual cargo, shoring and restraint, carriage on B747F.
Have worked in operations for 3 airlines in over 40 years. Atlas Air was indeed the best by far. Certainly every company has problems, but you make it for what it is. Take the bad with the good, since no company is perfect by any individuals account.
If there was a major concern, I went to the responsible person and it was corrected to my satisfaction or at least told, why now.
Atlas Air's number one priority was and is 'safety for air crew and aircraft regardless of cost."
They employ some of the most experienced and professional airline individuals in the airline business - by far.
For Loadmaster's, one of the best training courses I have had ever had. Instructors excellent in every respect. As always, some know more than some other's,
Feel more importance should be given to restraint and angles involved, side and floor, for maximum restraint of tie-down straps, ratchet straps being the best., not latch.This applies to 'free floating' 20 ft pallets center loaded on main deck.
Pros
Great co-workers and flight crew members.
Cons
7 crew members on long haul flts, only 2 bunks on -400. Unable to properly sleep in seat.
Maintenance Control
Maintenance Control (Former Employee) –  WestchesterFebruary 22, 2015
This place is like a revolving door with temps and people leaving. Management is the real problem. It's sad how management treats its employees. Poor work environment!
Pros
nice location
Cons
management
Management is for Management
Flight Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 15, 2014
Having been an experienced and overly qualified Flight Operations Candidate I tried in vein to work my way through the ranks despite all the favoritism and unethical promotions that went on. Once the "new" Flight Operations Management Team was brought in, it only got worse. Don't waste your time if your are looking for a career. This place truly holds to the adage "Its who you know", not what you know. In essence the more you know the more you are likely to be back out on the streets. This was once a great company, not anymore.
Cons
definitely managment
Good experience flying worldwide on b747200 & 400
CAPTAIN, B747-200 AND B747-400 (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2013
Atlas today is a far different company from the atlas I worked for. Today there is an alpa contract, good pay and benefits, and union protection for pilots.

When I was there it was often difficult to communicate with dispatch from downrange stations, because dispatch was severely undermanned. Now things are better.

When I was there, we seldom had contact with management. Management was able to procure a steady stream of business.

Co-workers; mostly great

Hardest part: disorganized support for crews in far-off parts of the world (hotels, transport, etc.)

Most enjoyable part: fellow crewmembers and the chance to gain experience on the b747.
Pros
b747-200/b747-400 type ratings and experience
Cons
scheduling, low pay, and headquarters support. all of these are much better now.

Want to know more about Atlas Air, Inc.?

Ask a question