Atlas Air, Inc.

Atlas Air, Inc. Employer Reviews

Maintenance Control
Maintenance Control (Former Employee), WestchesterFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: nice location
Cons: management
This place is like a revolving door with temps and people leaving. Management is the real problem. It's sad how management treats its employees. Poor work environment!
Management is for Management
Flight Dispatcher (Former Employee), New YorkSeptember 15, 2014
Cons: definitely managment
Having been an experienced and overly qualified Flight Operations Candidate I tried in vein to work my way through the ranks despite all the favoritism and unethical promotions that went on. Once the "new" Flight Operations Management Team was brought in, it only got worse. Don't waste your time if your are looking for a career. This place truly holds to the adage "Its who you know", not what you know. In essence the more you know the more you are likely to be back out on the streets. This was once a great company, not anymore.
GOOD EXPERIENCE FLYING WORLDWIDE ON B747200 & 400
CAPTAIN, B747-200 AND B747-400 (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: b747-200/b747-400 type ratings and experience
Cons: scheduling, low pay, and headquarters support. all of these are much better now.
ATLAS TODAY IS A FAR DIFFERENT COMPANY FROM THE ATLAS I WORKED FOR. TODAY THERE IS AN ALPA CONTRACT, GOOD PAY AND BENEFITS, AND UNION PROTECTION FOR PILOTS.

WHEN I WAS THERE IT WAS OFTEN DIFFICULT TO COMMUNICATE WITH DISPATCH FROM DOWNRANGE STATIONS, BECAUSE DISPATCH WAS SEVERELY UNDERMANNED. NOW THINGS ARE BETTER.

WHEN I WAS THERE, WE SELDOM HAD CONTACT WITH MANAGEMENT. MANAGEMENT WAS ABLE TO PROCURE A STEADY STREAM OF BUSINESS.

CO-WORKERS; MOSTLY GREAT

HARDEST PART: DISORGANIZED SUPPORT FOR CREWS IN FAR-OFF PARTS OF THE WORLD (HOTELS, TRANSPORT, ETC.)

MOST ENJOYABLE PART: FELLOW CREWMEMBERS AND THE CHANCE TO GAIN EXPERIENCE ON THE B747.