Atlas Copco Employee Reviews

To receive a challenging and rewarding position in office management that will enhance my career goals
Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 28, 2017
A typical day at Atlas Copco is very busy. I've learned how their Account Payable system. I've also learned how to help lead a floor of 38 to 40 people. In this work place the culture is very professional although you have a select few that tries to been to the rules to fit them. overall, this is a very good place to work. The hardest part of this job is not knowing when you have to be at work on the next day. The schedule is 10:30 a.m to 7:00 pm. We would always have to be at work from 8:30 am to 7:00 pm, which would leave us no time to ever do anything. I enjoy my job and the people but I wish I had more time with my family.
Intern
Corporate Finance and Credit Intern (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 22, 2017
I was just an intern in corporate finance and collections. It seems like a great place to work due to the various career paths that you can take with the multiple companies under the Atlas Umbrella.
Service
Service Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 16, 2017
I started at Atlas Copco in October of 2016, I received very little training for my job, and I was penalized for the lack of training in which I received.
Comfortable work like in the family
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 14, 2017
I like to work in this Company close to the house nice to work and learning, overall everything very GOOD!
Feel very comfortable working. Everyone is very good, working clean and airy with air conditioning and heating
Excellent Company
Employee (Current Employee) –  USAMay 27, 2017
Excellent company to work for. Being based in Sweden; they tend to value quality of life and really take care of their employees. Would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Too many to list
Cons
None that I can think of
Team Spirit
Vice-President Finance (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAMay 24, 2017
Atlas Copco Construction Tools is a U.S Division of a Swedish multi-national company. The team works well together, they have great comradery, and have excellent product knowledge.
Productive and fun
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INMay 24, 2017
You made good money and descent hours paid holidays paid vacations overall not a bad place to work the people were friendly and management were pretty nice I would recommend them if they were still in business
Pros
Had dinners cook outs recognize when we did really good work
Cons
Building was hot to work in
OK job, Management and hours leave a lot to be desired
Shipping Specialist / Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2017
The benefits are Great.
The entire management team needs to take classes on how to speak to and treat employees.
The hours 10:30 AM - 7 PM are not set in stone. Management is always requiring overtime.
There is not much work home balance.
Benefits
Cons
Management, Hours
Turmoil at it's best!
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMay 15, 2017
The leadership here is non-existent. Supervisors, flow coaches, line leads, are put into positions based on relationships instead of experience, knowledge, and even worse basic competence. No one takes ownership of situations, all of the management (mid-level management at least) practices "passing the buck". Line employees are treated as expendable, no attempts made toward motivation, and they are consistently talked down to. Moved into a new building and apparently had no strategy at all for implementing production, or had an insufficient plan at best. The culture is one of extreme murmuring and complaining as everyone has a story of incompetence to tell. The plans of production are marginal at best as they have plans to ramp up production in this facility to approx double. The only thing that will double will be employee frustration, horrible leadership, and a culture that is in no way geared toward meeting expected goals. This has been my absolute worse experience every working for a company of this magnitude. Corporate needs to clean house, getting rid of all mid-level management, institute leadership training, smart goals, and motivational skills. BASIC BUSINESS PRACTICE!!!
Pros
vacation for full time employees
Cons
Horrible leadership, negative culture
Productive and easy place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 11, 2017
I am a receiving inspector on incoming parts. I am a certified welder 3G/4G with Flux core and Stick on 1" plate. I use this knowledge on a daily basis to do my job to the best of my ability.
Pros
free classes aiding in training
Cons
No shifts available for days
Great opportunities throughout the Company!
Business Controller for Atlas Copco (Former Employee) –  Texas, India, Thailand, GermanyMay 5, 2017
No typical days, always a terrific opportunity to work on. Great fellowship with other employees. Positive orientation abounds. International opportunities abound.
Pros
Many
Cons
Very few
N/a
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 4, 2017
My years of experience has given me additional experience in my field. Thank for the opportunity with working at Atlas Copco. Thank you for the wonderful co-workers that I had the opportunity to meet.
Very productive
Repair Technician/Field Service (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXMay 2, 2017
typical day at ac is coming to work take machines apart and wait for parts to arrive in a month or so. There is no OJT whatsoever and dont expect things to happen fast. Everyday can be stressful because you can be ignored unless you cause issues in the shop then you will be looked down upon. The most enjoyable part of the day- going home.
Pros
great insurance plan
Cons
working during breaks
Good Company
Field Service Commercial Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 1, 2017
Excellent benefits
Good work culture, dynamic
Encourages self development
Encourages education/training
There are employees who have been with the company for 20 plus years
Mostly open door policy with management
solid company
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 1, 2017
good pay/benefits/ long hours/ overtime/ livable wage/ solid insurance/ great company trips/ honest people/ some advancement/
great training/ all company expenses paid in full. Sad I left
Old & Outdated
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 25, 2017
The office I work in is stale and boring. No motivation from upper management. Pay is not up to the level of cost of living in this area. As with most places, the coworkers keep you there, management is driving people away. High turnover rate. Company make plenty $$$ but is cheap when investing in their people.
Pros
Pretty flexible schedule
Cons
Too much to list
IT Contractor
Service Desk Engineer (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 25, 2017
Hired to provide contract IT support for manufacturing operations. Environment is extremely laid back. Most of the engineering staff and manufacturing staff that worked at the site seemed to have been there for more than 15 years. Most of my work was providing desktop support, performing light AD functions and supporting older technologies on the production floor. There str not many negative things to say about the environment, unfortunately for me the division I was working under was moving their primary site that I supported out of state, so there was no long term prospect or possibility of being hired on full time.
Zero training
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIApril 11, 2017
no training, sink or swim. Too many hours, expected to work all weekends. Nice perks such as new building, free lunches and free fruit baskets were provided weekly.
Great
Supply Chain Coordinator (Former Employee) –  INApril 10, 2017
Great place to work. Great work life balance. Hardest part of job was working at different locations. It was a well managed place. Have learnt a lot of analysis, ERP structure.
Laid back, decent atmosphere
Transportation & Customs Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Commerce City, COApril 10, 2017
Atlas Copco is a decent place to work, but the coal industry is dying and the company as a whole lacks direction. Pay is not as good as other places, however, the atmosphere is fun and everyone gets along relatively well. A Swedish company, there is room to move around and travel if wanted.
Pros
travel opportunities
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlas Copco. Our community is ready to answer.