Atlas Copco Employee Reviews in United States

not a bad place to work
mechanical technician (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXApril 3, 2016
was fun learned alot on my own wont give you anything you gotta work hard and take it taught me how to be a mechanic management wasnt the best i loved my co workers the hardest part was being looked over and not really taught anything its all on you the most enjoyable part was learning new thing and building my tool collection
Pros
hr lunches
Cons
to many people worried about each other instead of self
Lacks training
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMarch 14, 2016
Good benefits but must know how to learn on your own. Very poor training. Management never lasts long. I had four different bosses in four years.
very helpful and supportive company
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  KITWE, COPPERBELTApril 14, 2016
basically, the work was challenging as it required no supervision which gave me so much confidence in what i was dong.
I learned how to use my initiative due to the culture of working that i experienced and was able to manage my time. As for my fellow employees, we could share the knowledge in case of difficult challenges we were facing in the industries.

The most challenging part of the job was the overhaul as it involved a lot but i had to find ways of doing t on my own.

Holidays and commissions when you meet your monthly target was enjoyable.
Pros
free lunch, personal to holder car, phone and air time
Cons
limited movement
Industrial Technical Compressed Air Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 2, 2016
This was a commission only position that took a good six months to get rolling. We sold new and refurbished equipment.

The equipment was sold and we would not get paid until the customer paid
Pros
made friends of customers
Cons
Laid back and casual atmosphere - customer centered
Master Data & Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COJuly 19, 2015
Atlas Copco is generally a great place to work. If one can overlook the location (Dirty, industrial area in Commerce City). Management is generally hands off and appreciate the work-life balance. Reviews are seldom so it is hard to gauge your job performance. One good point is that it is not a micro managing company and seem to trust that their employees will do their job and do it well.
No advancement opportunities..
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 24, 2015
Great benefits however no room for advancement for "certain" employees. I've worked here over 4 years and still in same position.
Pros
hour lunch, 12 vacation days, 4 floating holidays
Cons
Poor management.
Learn alot
Worker (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 26, 2016
management is demanding, but they are willing to show you how to do things and willing to teach you the ropes. Employees are all good people and easy to talk to.
Great people to work with
shop floor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2015
Good place to work and learn a lot from co-workers. Face paced always learn something new. The pay is well the benefits could be better.
Pros
Great bunch of people on the shop floor
Cons
No advancement unless friends with management.
Great Benefits, wonderful concern about employees
Sr. Engineering Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasMay 12, 2015
Old world European company. Difficult time embracing change, working hard to embrace technology.

It is hard in a manufacturing environment when the factory shuts down two months a year. They struggle to meet the customer demands in today's competitive world. All it was a challenging company to work for. However, the products were world class.
Pros
wonderful benefits
Cons
strict dresscode
Diversed Company
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TexasAugust 4, 2015
Each day is different. You never know who will walk through the doors! Working with the mechanics and learning about compressor parts was interesting. Top management was friendly and funny - made me felt right at home! This made my job most enjoyable. The most difficult part of the job was working with international freight coming into America for us. Customs could never seem to understand what the items were that were being shipped.
Pros
Vendors constantly visiting and providing free lunches, etc.
Cons
International freight and US Customs not understand what was being shipped
Fantastic Company, great people, great benefits
Mobile Service Tech-Field Service/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMarch 1, 2016
Just seeing what is out there, I have grown a great amount working for this employer. They have took care of me since day one.
Good stepping stone but not a career choice
Distribution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 8, 2015
Busy fast paced work place
Have not learned anything i already knew.
Management needs alot of work.
Co-workers are decent.
hardest thing is lots of overtime.
Best thing is 15 vac. days per year.
Pros
15 vacation day per year and 4 floating holidays
Cons
No advancement opportunities for everyone
Great workplace
M3 Project and QMS Intern (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJune 24, 2015
A typical day there was pretty boring, but I enjoyed the company culture. I learned a lot about professional work and management there was pretty good. The hardest part of my job was driving there and the most enjoyable part was after I arrived there.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Far from home
It was a great time work at Atlas Copco
Welder (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 8, 2015
A fun workplace to at you don't forget a day there a lot of things went on there. alot of things to leared, management was good, co-workers was great and highly motivated they were strong team player. very competitive salary and benefit plan, a career opportunity.
They will work you into your GRAVE......Literally!
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMarch 13, 2015
Atlas Copco has great benefits and you will require them as they work you 65-70hrs per week, 6-7 days a week. They will tell you it's just until they get caught up, or until things smooth out....but they never get caught up and things never smooth out. Every meeting has UN-obtainable goals provided by a management team that DOES NOT want to change their processes. A typical day at work starts at 6-7am putting out fires to get a job out the door that is already late from the day the order was taken. After 5pm time is spent completing daily tasks that should of been done while you were taking care of emergencies all day long. Around 7-8pm you go home, do some MORE work there, and then turn around and come back again. Most Sundays are spent working from home. Forget your family, your friends, the gym, or ANY outside activities you may of had. Vacations are paid for by coming back to work that NO ONE did while you were out - imagine the hours you put in that week! Some people have heart attacks, have siblings die, have major surgeries, and are ALL expected to return to work in record time and NOT put the company in harms way. It's all about ATLAS!!! They have no heart, just a dollar sign and you are just a number....a cog on a wheel. So, if you like working towards that hole in the ground in the cemetery - this is the perfect place for you!
Pros
good benefit / 401k package
Cons
too many to list
Very good company to work for.
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 8, 2012
A typical day at work can be very stressful. Atlas believes in having one person do multiple jobs. Maybe too many at once. I have learned a great deal about processes within the company and I have also learned that I have a lot to offer an employer. My immediate management could be more knowledgeable about our jobs and roles. Some co-workers don't care anything about quality or our image as a company. The hardest part of my job is meeting the tough deadlines set for me that are nearly impossible to reach. The most enjoyable part of my day is when I'm not stuck in working very long shifts.
Pros
some paid lunches.
Cons
short breaks and long hours and weekends.
Unfair company to work for.
Shift leader/Heat Treat Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 7, 2013
There is know room for advancement at this company,there raise are very small even if you work hard there ,the machines are in very bad condition and unsafe.They say there is a bonus once a year,but they try to find reason why they dont have to give it to you.
Pros
dont work there
Cons
unfair company
Challenging and unorthadox place to work
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2015
Atlas Copco was a good company to work for.

My typical day would consist of QC Inspections on both in process, and final inspections. This was challenging, due to the many facets of the products they built. I inspected and followed the products from start to finish. This also included the testing phases, hold points, and creating the Data Packages.
Pros
Good people, good products
Cons
no room for growth
fun group of guy to work with
Assembler/welder (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INAugust 12, 2015
everyday is different keeps you on your toes and doing something. the production guys are easy to work with and get along with every one does there part.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay
Company purchased by another division and has made radical changes to the work envronment.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJune 5, 2015
Acquired by another division in the corporation has created an environment that is radically different. It is as if one division doesn't know what the other division is doing. Lost direction, no management and authority lost to do what is needed to complete a service request. Potential for downsizing inevitable.