Atlas Copco Employee Reviews

Great place to settle down.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  USASeptember 18, 2017
Great place if you want to settle down and have a family, but if you are a fresh college grad, or are very career minded then maybe not so much. Overall; its a great place to work.
Pros
Compensation and work/life balance.
Cons
Lack of career advancement potential.
Great place to learn and grow individually
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Allen, TX 75013September 11, 2017
Great place to learn and grow, but to advance you have to move around. Great pay and benefits. Management are willing to work with you and are knowledgeable.
Pros
Competitive pay, nice facility, great culture
Cons
Room for advancement is limited
Rote, Poor Management Skills
Aerodynamic Engineer (Former Employee) –  Voorheesville, NYSeptember 8, 2017
I was micromanaged and the work was very boring after about a year.

Only 2 weeks of vacation are given starting out and there is no flexibility in work hours.
Success at it's best
Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 5, 2017
The place was extremely unorganized. We would have day in and day out talking about changes to be made. Asking for suggestions and no changes for improvement have been made. If the company as a whole doesn't have success you can't expect the individuals that's with in it to have success.
Pros
Free lunches, holiday parties and pay, gift cards
Cons
Someone always over your shoulders, working on pins and nettles from being threatened to be fired if we didnt get better numbers, unsafe environment, fights and car break ins while trying to work, dust and dust mites.
great place to learn
Site Coordinator GM DHAM (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 5, 2017
typical day was long but fast paced and quick moving. There are a multitude of different areas you could advance into, if motivated. Lower level management is amazing but upper level seems disorganized.
productive and fun plce to work at atlas
Assembler, Welder, Tester (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXSeptember 4, 2017
It was an awesome oppertuinity. With tones of advancment,and money to make with exceptional bennifites .
they take care of there employees .
tones of company picnics and events.
Pros
paid vacation
Cons
working 7 days a week
Great company with great benefits with reasonable pay
Young Graduate Trainee (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCAugust 30, 2017
Most days at Atlas Copco are positive and provide you with plenty of work without a manager micro-managing you. They do provide the ability to move up if you are willing to move.
Pros
Great benefits, managers are competent, they feed you will.
Cons
Some of your peers will not be as competent and organized, long waiting for hiring for additional jobs, Unorganized and money management does not make sense.
ACMTC.......Its like a family
Senior Project Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAAugust 16, 2017
Hands down the BEST place I have ever worked. I cannot say enough about the team work, support, atmosphere or just the overall good feeling walking into work each day.
Atlas
Buyer/Purchasing and Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 1, 2017
Atlas was a great employment opportunity, great benefits, caring bosses. Like any office fast paced but easy to get along with everyone. Great experiences picked up during my endeavors at Atlas.
Great Sales Organization with good products
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJuly 20, 2017
As a company that services the industrial sector Atlas Copco offers great compensation and great work life balance. The compensation to the salesmen is very fair.
Pros
Great commissions and quality products to sell
Cons
Ownership is in Europe

Want to know more about Atlas Copco?

Ask a question
To receive a challenging and rewarding position in office management that will enhance my career goals
Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 28, 2017
A typical day at Atlas Copco is very busy. I've learned how their Account Payable system. I've also learned how to help lead a floor of 38 to 40 people. In this work place the culture is very professional although you have a select few that tries to been to the rules to fit them. overall, this is a very good place to work. The hardest part of this job is not knowing when you have to be at work on the next day. The schedule is 10:30 a.m to 7:00 pm. We would always have to be at work from 8:30 am to 7:00 pm, which would leave us no time to ever do anything. I enjoy my job and the people but I wish I had more time with my family.
Intern
Corporate Finance and Credit Intern (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 22, 2017
I was just an intern in corporate finance and collections. It seems like a great place to work due to the various career paths that you can take with the multiple companies under the Atlas Umbrella.
Service
Service Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 16, 2017
I started at Atlas Copco in October of 2016, I received very little training for my job, and I was penalized for the lack of training in which I received.
Comfortable work like in the family
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 14, 2017
I like to work in this Company close to the house nice to work and learning, overall everything very GOOD!
Feel very comfortable working. Everyone is very good, working clean and airy with air conditioning and heating
Excellent Company
Employee (Current Employee) –  USAMay 27, 2017
Excellent company to work for. Being based in Sweden; they tend to value quality of life and really take care of their employees. Would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Too many to list
Cons
None that I can think of
Team Spirit
Vice-President Finance (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAMay 24, 2017
Atlas Copco Construction Tools is a U.S Division of a Swedish multi-national company. The team works well together, they have great comradery, and have excellent product knowledge.
Productive and fun
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INMay 24, 2017
You made good money and descent hours paid holidays paid vacations overall not a bad place to work the people were friendly and management were pretty nice I would recommend them if they were still in business
Pros
Had dinners cook outs recognize when we did really good work
Cons
Building was hot to work in
OK job, Management and hours leave a lot to be desired
Shipping Specialist / Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2017
The benefits are Great.
The entire management team needs to take classes on how to speak to and treat employees.
The hours 10:30 AM - 7 PM are not set in stone. Management is always requiring overtime.
There is not much work home balance.
Benefits
Cons
Management, Hours
Turmoil at it's best!
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMay 15, 2017
The leadership here is non-existent. Supervisors, flow coaches, line leads, are put into positions based on relationships instead of experience, knowledge, and even worse basic competence. No one takes ownership of situations, all of the management (mid-level management at least) practices "passing the buck". Line employees are treated as expendable, no attempts made toward motivation, and they are consistently talked down to. Moved into a new building and apparently had no strategy at all for implementing production, or had an insufficient plan at best. The culture is one of extreme murmuring and complaining as everyone has a story of incompetence to tell. The plans of production are marginal at best as they have plans to ramp up production in this facility to approx double. The only thing that will double will be employee frustration, horrible leadership, and a culture that is in no way geared toward meeting expected goals. This has been my absolute worse experience every working for a company of this magnitude. Corporate needs to clean house, getting rid of all mid-level management, institute leadership training, smart goals, and motivational skills. BASIC BUSINESS PRACTICE!!!
Pros
vacation for full time employees
Cons
Horrible leadership, negative culture
Productive and easy place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 11, 2017
I am a receiving inspector on incoming parts. I am a certified welder 3G/4G with Flux core and Stick on 1" plate. I use this knowledge on a daily basis to do my job to the best of my ability.
Pros
free classes aiding in training
Cons
No shifts available for days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlas Copco. Our community is ready to answer.