Atlas Copco

Atlas Copco Employee Reviews

Great people to work with
shop floor (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 18, 2015
Pros: Great bunch of people on the shop floor
Cons: No advancement unless friends with management.
Good place to work and learn a lot from co-workers. Face paced always learn something new. The pay is well the benefits could be better.
Great Benefits, wonderful concern about employees
Sr. Engineering Program Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TexasMay 12, 2015
Pros: wonderful benefits
Cons: strict dresscode
Old world European company. Difficult time embracing change, working hard to embrace technology.

It is hard in a manufacturing environment when the factory shuts down two months a year. They struggle to meet the customer demands in today's competitive world. All it was a challenging company to work for. However, the products were world class.
Productive and fun working environment
Piping Designer (Former Employee), Albany, NYMay 11, 2015
Fast paced working environment. Typical day spent modeling. I earned about gas and oxygen compression. Hardest part of the job was finding parts in the company library.
Core Manufacturing Engineering Internship (Former Employee), Voorheesville, NYApril 8, 2015
Great place to intern at. Staff was very helpful. Everyone was friendly and was a very productive atmosphere. Was able to learn a lot of valuable skills in my time there.
good place to work
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIMarch 23, 2015
great place to work. I was only a contractor, but getting hired at the actual company is a hard process. The are a Sweedish company and their hiring process is different than in America
Great training, great company to work for
Contracts Engineering Manager (Aerotek) (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 13, 2015
Every job is different, everyday had a new challenge.
Each department worked as a complete team.
The management was great to work for. The company is by far the best I've ever work for.
They will work you into your GRAVE......Literally!
Engineering (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIMarch 13, 2015
Pros: good benefit / 401k package
Cons: too many to list
Atlas Copco has great benefits and you will require them as they work you 65-70hrs per week, 6-7 days a week. They will tell you it's just until they get caught up, or until things smooth out....but they never get caught up and things never smooth out. Every meeting has UN-obtainable goals provided by a management team that DOES NOT want to change their processes. A typical day at work starts at 6-7am putting out fires to get a job out the door that is already late from the day the order was taken. After 5pm time is spent completing daily tasks that should of been done while you were taking care of emergencies all day long. Around 7-8pm you go home, do some MORE work there, and then turn around and come back again. Most Sundays are spent working from home. Forget your family, your friends, the gym, or ANY outside activities you may of had. Vacations are paid for by coming back to work that NO ONE did while you were out - imagine the hours you put in that week! Some people have heart attacks, have siblings die, have major surgeries, and are ALL expected to return to work in record time and NOT put the company in harms way. It's all about ATLAS!!! They have no heart, just a dollar sign and you are just a number....a cog on a wheel. So, if you like working towards that hole in the ground in the cemetery - this is the perfect place for you!
Nice place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Garland, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: go in early get off early
Cons: layoffs every 4 years
Atlas was a god place to work but the layoffs are every 4 years so good luck in sticking around. A normal day in working there as very fun so the people I worked with wont be there but good luck
allover great people and exciting to be part of the product and co.
Development Designer -1 (Former Employee), Voorheesville, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: relaxed open attitudes and good work environment
Cons: none to recognize on my be half
great people and competent engineering I fit in well and performed to my best ability.
Some what stressful and challanging
Facilities and Special Projects Manager (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Start by reading email passdowns, attend meetings to see how production is going. Work on projects, and travel when needed.
It was a great time work at Atlas Copco
Welder (Former Employee), Garland, TXJanuary 8, 2015
A fun workplace to at you don't forget a day there a lot of things went on there. alot of things to leared, management was good, co-workers was great and highly motivated they were strong team player. very competitive salary and benefit plan, a career opportunity.
Great Environment
Quality and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TexasDecember 3, 2014
Analyze operations, pinpoint areas for improvement and redesign, and implement plans that generate profitable results. Working knowledge and awareness of amendments to the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and apply the proper regulations to meet guidelines for a safe working environment. Oversee calibrations accounts for all tools that are used for measurement also making sure building codes are kept up to date. Implement, maintain and manage the Corporate Health and Safety Management Systems. Oversee different projects to make sure proper training and safety license are provided. Give classes to meeting for monthly safety in- services, such as health, safety, and external training programs. Data Entry with Material Safety Data sheet database used to communicate with different vendors. Plan, Organize and conduct training programs/ seminars for supervisors, employees, contractors, with regard to New Hire/Contract Orientation, forklift training, Personal Protection Equipment, Fall protection and Crane including any other required training program.
very nice place to work but the the guys in charge are very favoritism.
assembler (Former Employee), Voorheesville, NYNovember 18, 2014
the typical day at work is fun, i have learned a lot about bending and wiring,management needs improving ,my co workers were all nice
guys .
A great work environment where management supports you efforts
Used Equipment Manager (Current Employee), Independence, OHNovember 9, 2014
Pros: a company who appreciates a good work ethic.
Cons: it is in ohio. i desire to move south!
A good solid company. Fair work practices. They show recognition for accomplishments where due.
Everyone was very difficult to work with
Shipping planner (Former Employee), Voorheesville, NYNovember 4, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor management
A day at Atlas was not easy. I worked 14 our days and still had work to bring home. There is no work / home life balance. The money was great, but I feel that the company had no moral compass. During my tenure there both of my parents had died 6 months apart and when I took my vacation to deal with my mom's estate and funeral it was not looked upon favorably. I was pulled aside by management in a private setting with no human resources associate and was told I took too much time off.
Would be a great place to work if not for the year of harassment I endured.
Service Technician Apprentice (Former Employee), Brighton ColoradoSeptember 17, 2014
Management did nothing when I complained my tools and equipment were being destroyed, improper documents were left at my work station and on my tool box, and my supervisor refused to train me. Very hostile work environment.
Atlas Copco
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNSeptember 10, 2014
I loved working for Atlas Copco. They are a great company to work for.
Distribution Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 8, 2014
Great place to work, everybody is treated fair.
Great chance to grow within the company.
Good place to work.
Assembler (Former Employee), Garland, TXAugust 11, 2014
Good place to work, friendly and helpful people. Received bonuses for extra hard work. The department would reward us with a lunch for making a goal. Clean environment. Working to make a safer place.
Undecided
Mechanic/ Technician (Former Employee), San AntonioAugust 7, 2014
Pros: pay/benefits
Cons: upper management non existant
Good pay and benefits. Management was across the country and didn't pay us much attention or gave us much support...until they showed up and closed our location. Thanks.

The only other thing I could say was their supply system was not efficient. Always waiting for parts and sometimes not getting the right stuff.

Atlas Copco does have well designed equipment and I would recommend their stuff.

1 2 3 4

About Atlas Copco

With businesses both Swedish and American, you may not think of construction and mining equipment. But you should. Atlas Copco – Read more

Atlas Copco Salaries