Atlas Copco

Atlas Copco Employer Reviews

very nice place to work but the the guys in charge are very favoritism.
assembler (Former Employee), Voorheesville, NYNovember 18, 2014
the typical day at work is fun, i have learned a lot about bending and wiring,management needs improving ,my co workers were all nice
guys .
A great work environment where management supports you efforts
Used Equipment Manager (Current Employee), Independence, OHNovember 9, 2014
Pros: a company who appreciates a good work ethic.
Cons: it is in ohio. i desire to move south!
A good solid company. Fair work practices. They show recognition for accomplishments where due.
Everyone was very difficult to work with
Shipping planner (Former Employee), Voorheesville, NYNovember 4, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor management
A day at Atlas was not easy. I worked 14 our days and still had work to bring home. There is no work / home life balance. The money was great, but I feel that the company had no moral compass. During my tenure there both of my parents had died 6 months apart and when I took my vacation to deal with my mom's estate and funeral it was not looked upon – more... favorably. I was pulled aside by management in a private setting with no human resources associate and was told I took too much time off. – less
Would be a great place to work if not for the year of harassment I endured.
Service Technician Apprentice (Former Employee), Brighton ColoradoSeptember 17, 2014
Management did nothing when I complained my tools and equipment were being destroyed, improper documents were left at my work station and on my tool box, and my supervisor refused to train me. Very hostile work environment.
Atlas Copco
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNSeptember 10, 2014
I loved working for Atlas Copco. They are a great company to work for.
Distribution Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 8, 2014
Great place to work, everybody is treated fair.
Great chance to grow within the company.
Good place to work.
Assembler (Former Employee), Garland, TXAugust 11, 2014
Good place to work, friendly and helpful people. Received bonuses for extra hard work. The department would reward us with a lunch for making a goal. Clean environment. Working to make a safer place.
Undecided
Mechanic/ Technician (Former Employee), San AntonioAugust 7, 2014
Pros: pay/benefits
Cons: upper management non existant
Good pay and benefits. Management was across the country and didn't pay us much attention or gave us much support...until they showed up and closed our location. Thanks.

The only other thing I could say was their supply system was not efficient. Always waiting for parts and sometimes not getting the right stuff.

Atlas Copco does have well designed – more... equipment and I would recommend their stuff. – less
Productive and hot place to work in
Assembler (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 4, 2014
Pros: short work days
Cons: short breakes and not paying full amount for ppi equipment
productive and fun place to work with good people. I have learned how to wire components to one another to work with each other. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people that would listen.
Great workplace enviroment
Assembler (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCJuly 24, 2014
Typical day at work consist of fast paced work ethics, physical and mental strength.
loved working here
Material Handler/ Line Driver (Former Employee), Garland, TXJuly 7, 2014
I really enjoyed working here, learning new things such as. Inventory Control, and being independent on my work duties.
Generally, Atlas Copco is a Competitive employer in relation to other multinational companies.
Service Technician (Current Employee), Mining, MREJune 15, 2014
Pros: pension and healthcare is ok.
We were five colleagues tasked on developing a Flow Chart on fault finding the breaking system. This showed the trust management had on us. I learnt all the team building processes and that in a team its about joint effort not individualism. The most difficult part was to make us tolerant to one another's contribution and subsequently work together. – more... The most interesting was when we were jointly rewarded for developed behaviors and team output. – less
Sr. Material Planner Coordinator (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCJune 13, 2014
Pros: job flexibility
Cons: attidude and atmosphere
Atlas is a large company with many opportunities to challenge individuals and teams, to constantly improve processes, practices, and introduce lean initiatives to enhance the operation.
Okay
A/P Specialist, Today's Temp Service (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCApril 22, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I only worked here on a temp basis. Didn't work long enough to form a real opinion.
Overall Rating 3
EHS North Americas Manager (Former Employee), Bay Minette, ALApril 9, 2014
Aggressive Management strategies with lingering follow through
Strong Educational levels of Management
Less aggressive continuing education drives for employees
Very high turnover volumes of strong management employees
Good experience
Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee), Holyoke Ma.March 22, 2014
Pros: experiencing different departments
Cons: collecting past due invoices
I started off as a temp and worked my way through a few departments, I ended up in the credit Dept. doing collections which I did not enjoy.
but the Cstomer Service and administration dept. was very rewarding and enjoyable
Productive and diverse
Electrical Technician (Former Employee), Garland ,TxMarch 18, 2014
Pros: given company jackets
Cons: end of the year bonus
Typical work day: Started in production with morning exercise.Each department on the floor in their own respected area, after that department morning briefing/meeting. We would go through priority first and work from a process book.
I 've learned that being around different people that everyone,Brings something from where they come from and if you let – more... it. You can learn from one another regardless your title. Over all the best co-worker ever.
The job hardest part standing around and waiting on parts.
Small things such as getting to work on proto-type equipment. – less
Configuration Management Coordinator (Former Employee), Garland, TexasMarch 6, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: layoffs every 2 years
steady day.
manufacturer rigs for drilling.
work with engineer's
Interesting
Document Control Clerk (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: lack of amenities compared to similarly sized companies
If you get in with the right people, its a good place to work. There is an odd tension between the two sides of the building, but its a good place to be. As of 1/13/14, they are on a hiring freeze, so advancement is quite difficult.
excellent structuring
Automotive tool crib Supervisor- Sheet Metal (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJanuary 12, 2014
I felt a wonderful support structure and a motivation for success , i enjoyed the cooperation and team work of my co workers and would be glad to work there again .

1 2 3 4 5

About Atlas Copco

With businesses both Swedish and American, you may not think of construction and mining equipment. But you should. Atlas Copco – Read more