The primary purpose of this position is to continue to build out and maintain the WAN/LAN network environment that Atlas’ communications operate on. This will be done by partnering with Atlas’ Voice and Network Administrator to monitor network systems, activity, performance, and security. The environment consists of multiple locations varying in size and complexity. Responsibilities will include performing network moves/adds/changes, general maintenance of network equipment, and handle network project work as requested. For server maintenance and support, this role will fill in for the current IT Infrastructure team members when they are out of the office or when the work load requires additional resources to be available.
The work location is flexible depending on the successful candidate
between Uniontown (Akron) OH, Pittsburgh PA, and Ft. Worth TX.
This is a full-time, expert level position with no supervisory responsibilities.
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitor network, voice, and WAN connections for any issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any network issue that may arise
- Provide updates to Tier 3 calls/emails in call tracking software, update call statuses routinely
- Proactively look for ways to increase efficiency and implement solutions to increase network performance and utilization.
- Provide cross-training and coaching to advanced users to increase productivity as needed.
- Configure and maintain the companies wireless networking solutions
- Track and maintain circuit IDs, DNS records, DHCP, routing information, router and switch configurations.
- Promote excellence in quality and customer service through work performed individually or as part of a team.
- Maintain and troubleshoot any issues that occur with the WAN and LAN environment.
- Maintain a DR strategy for network traffic and connectivity.
- Complete preventative maintenance on switches, routers, firewalls.
- Communicate regularly with the IT leadership team regarding enhancement requests, recurring issues, continuous improvement opportunities, etc.
- Work with various network providers to maintain internet and network connectivity.
- Manage on premise and hosted firewall access and security.
- Working alongside other in-house voice/network/server administration, share responsibility in performing any and all of the following functions:
a. Perform preventative maintenance on servers (physical and virtual).
b. Research upgrades and patches to the servers and install essential ones.
c. Monitor network and error logs. Document and investigate irregularities.
d. Troubleshoot systematic network and PC problems.
e. Create network user accounts and maintain security on the servers and databases.
f. Backup the Network Administrator, Computer Operator, and Helpdesk Technician as needed.
g. Assist with IT project work as directed by Atlas IT’s PMO group
- Assume responsibility for all network communications.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years’ experience working in network and security administration role within a larger environment.
- Expert Level skills configuring and troubleshooting Cisco switches, Routers, Firewalls, and Access points as well as Adtran routers.
- Preferred Certifications: CCNP Route/Switch/Wireless/Security/Troubleshooting
- Experience with NAT, BGP, OSPF, Static Routes, QOS, SIP
- Knowledge of windows server and windows network administration
- A demonstrated aptitude for learning technically advanced concepts
- Basic knowledge of Hyper V and VMWare
- Knowledge of Call Manager, Unity, CUPS, and Webex.
- Knowledge of the UCS chassis and functionality.
- Experience with network monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to explain instructions to people
- Motivation to solve problems quickly, but thoroughly
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrated experience as a customer focused and user advocate in a support role
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects such as CRT monitors and computers
- Physical ability and flexibility to crawl under furniture to make computer connections
This role is performed with the following physical demands:
- Sitting – constant
- Standing – occasional
- Walking – occasional
- Talking/hearing – frequent
- Lifting < 10 lbs – occasional
- Carrying < 10 lbs – occasional
- Repetitive hand movement – constant
This role is performed in an office environment with no exposure to extreme hot/cold temperatures which is well-lit and relatively free from dangerous working conditions.
Atlas Resource Partners, L.P. (NYSE: ARP) is an E&P master limited partnership active in oil and gas production in the Barnett Shale in...