Atlas Oil Company Employee Reviews in United States

Unfortunately the worst 2 years of my life.
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXFebruary 5, 2016
The first year Atlas was in business I was proud to be an employee. New trucks, good management, it was a driver friendly company and it ran smoothly. Year two started to slide when more upper managers started to get involved with day to day operations and changing things around. It went from show up 30 minutes early every day to dread showing up at all. The new equipment started looking extremely used in less than 2 years because the company was to cheap to pay for truck washes. The pay is less than subpar, benefits are the bare minimum, vacation is alright but the new management staff is a joke.
Pros
There are no advantages to working there.
Cons
Employees stealing equip to do there jobs, company won't fix the broke down trucks
Long hours, very little time off
Frac driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Evans, CONovember 12, 2015
The company as a hole isn't to bad to work with. The Evans branch though has a very low communication in a field that does require a far amount. Supervisors make a stress full work place. and very little room to grow, plus the company is all about the numbers
Pros
great pay
Cons
you are the job.
Good place to work if there is work
From all drivers/techs (Former Employee) –  Evans, CONovember 5, 2015
Very poorly run company,the management doesn't know what they are doing due to lack of experience and lack of care, went from a crew of 20+ personnel down to 10 in a months time. This will be a real good place to work if they replace the management team all together, right now it is being micro managed by a couple 20 something kids who have no business running this company. These guys are giving the atlas oil company a very bad name!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Micro management at its very best!
Upper Management was scattered and flighty
Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIOctober 9, 2015
Atlas Oil leaps before it looks. They have had many more new business ventures fail than they needed to have had occur. They think fast & execute fast. This does not always work successfully.
Pros
Money
Cons
Vision and accountability
The company has a very high turnover.. Most employee's don't last more than a year... The CEO loves change and that includes new employees.
Director of First Impressions (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIMarch 4, 2015
Atlas Oil is a very stressful environment... The leadership team does whatever it can to make itself look good at the expense of the hard working people that work there... I have been asked how did I last 8 years by agencies.

I went from being a receptionist to being the CEO's executive assistant... I did learn a lot as far as keeping his calendar, making appointment's, scheduling meetings and making traveling arrangement's, etc. Unfortunately, he was unable to keep an assistant.

The part of the job I enjoyed the most was working as a team.. The employee's all worked very hard together to accomplish tasks with deadlines.

The hardest part of the job was seeing so many excellent employee's being let go for reason's that were ridiculous.
Pros
employer paid lunch program which was created by myself... free pop and popcorn.
Cons
there is no job security, employee's treated poorly, ceo has made fun of people for the way they dress and wear their hair, they let people go for no good reason, they age discriminate
management
/Frac Fueler (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 6, 2015
Management plays favorites. they fire the good drivers. Keeping the lazy ones. They'll give you time off when you only work 3-4 day in a pay period. Money is good hrs are ok. They've got a kid running the yard in Evans. He needs more experience. he doesn't even have a full year of management under him. They need to replace him with someone that's been doing fracking or frack fueling more then a year in a half.
Pros
money
Cons
management
loved working there
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIOctober 16, 2014
only quit due to moved out of state.Great place to work at.Family is important to comp
Good Stepping Stone
current employee (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIMarch 18, 2014
management does not lead by example but the learning and training is great for people new to the work force
Atlas Oil review
Crude Oil Tanker Driver (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXJanuary 25, 2014
LONG hours, good money

Management is good now, but was in a lot of transition recently.
Co-workers are fairly nice, but there are always a few difficult personalities. Typical day for me begins at 3 a.m. and home between 5 and 6:30. Most enjoyable part of the job? the paycheck.
Shady company...poorly run
Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INDecember 10, 2013
Company touts family like atmosphere... But is the exact opposite. Upper management is clueless and ignorant. Those in sales and in the offices are taken care of while the blue collars guys get screwed over. Company website looks great but the company very top heavy, too many experts who know nothing that think they know what they are doing...CDL Drivers do yourself a favor run the other direction
Cons
dispatch out of detroit michigan 250 miles away and don't have a clue how to dispatch
Buisy friendly enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILSeptember 4, 2013
• Cashier for busy gas station/food mart. Responsible for handling high-volume cash, credit and debit transactions, organizing products in the store, stocking the cooler, running lottery machine, preparing food products for sale, general maintenance.

I learned how to handle fast pace money managment.

Good managment

The hardest part was ringing up costomers as fast as possible without messing your money up.

The most enjoyable part was talking to the regulars.
Pros
close to home.
Cons
could work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift or all in a one week period
Horrible hostile workplace
Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Victoria TexasJune 19, 2013
Worked there a week and watched a manager yell and curse out a secretary there. Would not advise anyone to work at this company.
Management is unprofessional
Cons
hostile work environment
employee that goes above and beyound
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Griffith, INSeptember 12, 2012
At atlas oil, I work with the public, and I enjoy making friends. I have learned no matter what job u work at, give nothing of me but the best. I have establish a very close and understanding relationship with my co-workers and customers. I enjoy working with the public and making others smile and leaving a positive effect on others
Pros
free carwashes
Cons
no healthcare available
Great benefits, horrible security
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIMarch 19, 2012
Got terminated without ever being written up are anything. Never had any issues there until the day I was let go. I am not the first one this happened to. Everyone who works there is scared daily that it is there last day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlas Oil Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5