We are seeking an Instructional Designer to design and develop instructor-led and online trainings in support of a new Master’s degree in Health Systems Administration program for a leading national university.
The ideal Instructional Designer candidate should possess a solid background in the design and development of online and in-person trainings using adult learning practices, and be able to work independently as well as part of a dynamic team in an environment that frequently changes. This is a full-time position located in Washington, DC.
- Manage curriculum development projects, including managing instructors and internal staff, project planning, creating development schedules and executing deliverables
- Design and develop instructionally sound trainings, including instructor and participant manuals, reference materials, and activities for in-person and online delivery
- Collaborate with SMEs, instructors, and internal staff in the design and development of curricula and course delivery
- Review course products for completeness, compliance with standards, and copyrights.
- Conduct and participate in pilot sessions
- Monitor and respond to instructor and participant feedback to improve course materials and ensure currency
- Provide hands-on assistance for technology integration to team, SMEs, instructors, and participants both during development and delivery
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Adult Education, Distance Learning, or related field
- 5+ years of experience as an Instructional Designer integrating concepts of Adult Learning into training
- Experience in bringing together text, images, video, and audio in both traditional and e-learning trainings.
- Experience integrating instructional technology into trainings
- Experience with design software and learning management systems
- Working knowledge of 508 compliance and SCORM requirements
- Demonstrate ability to write for online environments and in-person trainings
- Experience working in higher education setting
- Experience developing online graduate courses (e.g., MHA, MBA)
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Team player with the ability to frequently change priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism in providing client support, including the ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Sound business ethics, including the protection and proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- High quality control skills with attention to detail
- Effective time-management skills with emphasis on quality and timely completion of tasks
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with minimal supervision
- Experience with one or more web-based platforms (e.g., Blackboard, ShareStream, Echo360 Lecture Capture)
- Knowledge of the health care domain
Indeed - 7 months ago