The purpose of this position is to manufacture quality product on a made to order basis dependent upon customer specifications. This is accomplished through the efficient operation of a Blanker. Duties are varied, including putting on make-ready, accurately reading specifications on job jacket, assuring product is produced to highest quality standards, verifying packaging and labeling is correct, etc.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review customer orders and specifications.
- Perform all duties related to the press (examples: install punches, knives, extra unit punches, etc.).
- Set up and run press making necessary adjustments to correct any quality control problems or deviations from specifications, making certain product is produced to highest quality standards.
- Produce order to plan. Set up press in allotted time and operate press to planned yield to satisfy scheduling demands.
- Package product as directed on customer order.
- Maintain a safe and orderly work environment. Perform daily preventative maintenance on the press.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
- Offer recommendations as to how to improve pressroom efficiency.
- Perform all other assigned duties.
- Demonstrated ability to self motivate with minimal supervision.
- Strong mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot problems with equipment and to make on-line adjustments.
- Ability to accurately calculate figures and amounts such as box/carton/skid quantities, overrun percentages, and stock measurements.
- Moderate to heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs).
- Willingness to wear personal protective equipment on the job and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented.
- Prior printing experience preferred.
Fulltime, 3rd Shift
Base rate of $12.65 per hour
$0.45 per hour shift differential for 3rd shift
Indeed - 18 months ago