Atlas Van Lines Employee Reviews in United States

Atlas Van Lines moving company
Professional Truck Driver Class (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 5, 2016
As a truck driver work days would start early, no matter how late you worked. Which is a pain because you need sleep to operate a rig, by law.

Management was easy to communicate with, they are very concerned about the safety of their employees.
They dont hover over your shoulder at all, they expect you to go out and get the job done.
The equipment is old but they keep them running.

Some co-workers are easy to work with. But other co-workers are very aggressive, and they enjoy to taking their problems out on others.

The hardest part of the job is not earning more than another driver, who dosen't drive because the company insurance wont cover them. My supervisor called me "GREEN", just because I was the young man, that was driven to take care of my family.
I didn't receive overtime until, I worked over 50 hours.
Also everyday 6 to 7 days a week your unloading, and loading your trailer, it is labor intensive.

I enjoyed the fact that I was a truck driver, and I had no supervision while on the road, they provide money for you to eat, pay for your rooms while out of town.
Pros
Driving hours
Cons
Salary pay, work hours, overtime
Not a productive fun place - many have too much time on their hands but others have too much work and can't participate.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 14, 2015
Fun enjoyable things were offered but many departments were too busy to participate. Not a healthy work environment when ALL can't participate. Management more concerned about the bottom line than supporting workers.
Pros
Benefits, Wellness Center
Cons
NO breaks - too busy, can't participate in company sponsored programs.
n/a
Shift Leader/Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TxOctober 21, 2015
Everything was cool, people were cool to work with. Travel arrangements were crazy but adjusted to it. There are no benefits offered but pay is reasonable.
Great place to work if you are OTR.
Contractor (Owner Op) (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 12, 2016
Super nice people , always willing to help. The job itself was very easy. I spent more time watching movies than I did driving alot weeks. As long as you get your paperwork in on time.
Pros
Great place to work, compensation is fair for the job.
Cons
Not enough hometime for me.
moving company
Mover/ Laborer (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 28, 2016
Did alot of moving furniture and carrying boxes and office equipment.Very draining when you are on your feet all day carrying very heavy objects.
fun place to work and be apart of a team
Driver (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 6, 2015
check the trucks to make sure everything is working properly.learn how to take care of peoples property and learned how to manage workers.enjoy working with co-workers.making sure customers property is in good shape when arrive at destination and workers are doing there job properly.seeing a customer happy and being part of the team.
Pros
seeing happy customers and being part of a team
Cons
very hard work and short breaks
Not a good place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 31, 2012
Overall, job security is good, but starting pay is horrible and raises are almost non existent. The people there are very cool, but management gets away with anything and they act like they are in high school again. It's petty and gets annoying really fast. I would not recommend working here unless it is very temporary.
Great working with people
Relocation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 26, 2012
meeting new opportunities every day
preset appointments that I closed 65% on as they got 3-5 estimates
promoted to national accounts
great boss, great managment, everyone worked hard to make the customer happy
I topped out in pay and wanted to make more money and new challenges
Pros
easy to close customer
Cons
unable to advance to higher compensation
good place to work
dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 4, 2012
has some benifits long hours in summer time winter hours are kind short
Small Family Owned Atlas Agent
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw GAOctober 22, 2013
Not the worst place I ever drove for that's for sure!!! 875.00 a week for seven days minimum, not the best but you were going to get paid no matter what happen with the truck or freight. I didn't like getting paper checks because I couldn't pay my bills from the road. Didn't like the fact I caught the owner stealing money out of my check more than once. Greedy man to work for for sure!! Hard work, long hours, traveled all 48 states OTR Atlas Driver. I needed experience and it was better than my previous employer in the trucking industry.
Pros
paper logs, trucks 75mph, dispatchers were ex drivers which was great!
Cons
no health insurance, paper checks, not best pay for your time always
Very productive place and a good balanced staff.
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYMarch 12, 2014
A day at Atlas Van Lines is getting up in the morning and either working in the warehouse or working in West Point mostly. I've learned how to operate in a warehouse and get things done the proper way. Efficiently working wherever and making sure our customers were always satisfied. The management was great and nothing but great things to say over there. The hardest part of the job is probably working hot days and moving large objects in narrow spaces. The most enjoyable part of the job was the tips,staff, and the traveling.
Pros
different people you met, the pay, and staff.
Cons
inconvenience of weather sometimes and difficulty of moving some items.
Agent I worked with
Relocation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 29, 2013
Planning to go to house calls or account calls, learned that you have to have pipeline full for success, I was ranked 22 out of 543 reps in country. I was in top 5 per cent, Management was reactionary and was very sketchy , co workers i.e other reps ..were not cohesive as a team. Hardest part of job was contending with scheduler who would have you go to Jasper GA from an appt. in Newnan and only give you an hour between appts. to go over 150 miles. I did enjoy my customers.
Pros
new business, customers were typically nice and needed the service
Cons
management did not try to manage just react to situations, had to have an ipad and a laptop but you had to provide.
Pleasant place to work, very competitive industry.
Vice President of Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Vancouver WAMay 23, 2014
I enjoyed meeting new prospects each day and helping them with their relocation details. It is a seasonal industry. The management was very helpful and trained well with wonderful integrity. The staff was also helpful and friendly. The hardest part of the job was how competitive the industry is, they give very deep discounts which makes it hard on commissions. I did enjoy learning a new industry.
Fast Paced Enovironment
Mover Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJanuary 8, 2015
Packaging, Loading and Moving furniture from one place to another.

Learned how to professionally pack furniture and household items securely.

Management was present and always made the day easy for all.

Co-Workers, some were hard workers while others were not.

Best part of the day, was ending a physical hard day of work.

Most enjoyable was pay day!
Pros
great experience
Cons
need more work hours
Good Business
Move Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 15, 2014
Friendly People, not much room for advancement. I learned a lot about computer software and working with other departments.
Varied work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 22, 2014
Worked as outside sale representative for full service moving and storage company. Out of the office most days visiting clients in their homes to set up their moves.
Pros
varied work schedule
Cons
lack of advancement potential
Great environment
General Help (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMarch 6, 2015
Every day is different, the job included a lot of traveling and manual labor but I enjoyed my co-workers. My duties included any and all jobs that had to be completed.
Pros
physical labor, traveled the country
Cons
low pay for demanding work
Excellent management staff
COD Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJanuary 8, 2015
Excellent management staff.
Company is highly organized and managed efficiently.
Three Years of OTR Training
Assistant Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 25, 2013
This job was mostly OTR - Driving / Training. While I was the assistant Driver, I learned more about DOT pre-trip and post regulations. I learned the highway routes to travel across the entire country. I learned to drive in various conditions, including rain, on hills, into mountains, in snow, and narrow roads. I like the variety of scenery that I was able to experience.
Pros
per diem allotments
Cons
spending weeks away from home at a time
Steady but laid back workplace..
Operations Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 19, 2013
I had a chance to interact with the drivers by phone and in person.
This job was very laid back. Great people but no room for advancement in the company.
Pros
laid back
Cons
insurance, no advancement