Atlas Van Lines Employee Reviews

Overall good job
Driver packer (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 15, 2017
You could work as much as you want but it is times when it's slow because no trucks are coming in . Job slows down in the winter time and picks up in the summer. Overall good job
Pros
When trucks are coming in plenty of work
Cons
During winter time work was slow
CDL Driver/Laborer class b (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMay 9, 2017
Always had to have questions about my pay my check was always short for one reason that seemed to be made up by the owner who does payroll. Dishonesty and lack of quality equipment and not a decent warehouse.
Pros
Liked people who worked at business
Cons
Owner
If you like driving or going from state to state this is a job for you!
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 21, 2017
Day one you meet the customer, find out what they are taking with them. Then we pack and move all their belonging. And take them where they want to go.
I was very happy!
Pros
Free meal, bedding.
Cons
I love it!
General Manager, Executive Relocation (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 13, 2017
The day was involved with providing customer service, sales, collections and invoicing. I learned a great more about the demands of managing an international household relocation agency in dealing with the Department of Transportation and U.S. Government. Management was very involved. The workplace was satisfying and the crew was hard working. The most enjoyable part was being able to successfully manage the warehouse, crew, fleet, and sales for this agency. I was able to stabilize and increase the crew and implemented a motivational team approach resulting in a more satisfied staff.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Turn over of warehouse crew.
Hard work pays off
Relocation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Celina, OHMarch 16, 2017
The harder you work the easier you climb. If your willing to drive it's not uncommon to make up and around 100,000 so the money is there. But you do travel a lot so if having a home life is important this might not be a place for you
Pros
Travel
Cons
Pay
Easy to fit in
Owner/operator (Former Employee) –  Eaten MNMarch 7, 2017
Be good at what you do and it will pay off.Customer service and communications area must. Staying out of problems with regulative authorities is a must.
Pros
Honesty
Cons
Not busy enough
nice place
Dock Worker /Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 19, 2017
forklift to but it was furniture loading and unloading trucks with a forklift . The freight was numbered and we would get orders ready to loading up to take to peoples home
Pros
routine work
Cons
they went out of business
Really fun place to work.
Mover/Driver (Current Employee) –  Walpole, MAJanuary 13, 2017
Great work environment, really great people just a fun place to work. Long summer days having fun staying in shape. Going away for work is always fun staying in different parts of the the United States.
Pros
Traveling and having fun
Cons
Moving in the cold.
It was a dysfunctional family
Driver Helper (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 12, 2017
My Great Uncle owned the branch of Atlas Van Lines, called Hawkeye Movers, and made it his duty to make everyone feel like a family. A typical day at work was busy, you either crushed boxes, drove for miles, or did 1-3 jobs. I learned a lot of patience and how to deal with less than satisfying customers. The management could have been slightly better, there was a lot of last minute changes but that's common. The hardest part of the job was dealing with newer workers who thought they knew it all. I did love the traveling and meeting different types of people.
Pros
There was free meals and the pay was decent.
Cons
Very confusing chain of command
If u enjoy being your own boss. Great place
Mover (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 2, 2017
Wonderful company. Great place to work. You meet & move all different kinds & types of people not to mention the traveling that goes along with it. You get to see desert out west mountains in north west. It's fun traveling to all different places and meeting new faces.
Atlas Headquarters
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 19, 2016
Some departments are great.. others are AWFUL. The management in certain departments- mainly the COD auditors- is horrible. She has no people skills. Pay is not good enough to put up with the hours, time off restrictions, etc.
Just another trucking company
Truck Driver/ Owner Operator (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 18, 2016
Not to much to say. My husband and I have been with them about two weeks and so far we have done more deadhead and bobtail then we have pulling any loads.
Fun Company
Insurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 28, 2016
Fun Company, a lot of out of the work activities that they have going on. They hire college students for the summer which is good
Awesome job and people
Supervisor of labor crews (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, IL 61701November 19, 2016
Had alot of fun learning how to do residential work with this crew. The experience is invaluable. Loved seeing the country.
Pros
travel
Cons
travel
Productive , Great experience traveling to different cities and states
Worker (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 16, 2016
I learn how to pack certain items with specific materials and different techniques from my coworkers. The most hardest part is either loading or unloaded the truck while my most enjoyable part is finishing the job.
productive and fun work place
Accounting Coordinator- Finance (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 4, 2016
I enjoy working at Atlas. It's a very wonderful place to work.
I have learned a new system, and new processes. My managers and co-workers are all very friendly.
Move Management Coordinator
Move Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 23, 2016
Good benefits/ very family oriented/ flexibility with personal events/ great healthy environment and activities/ Halloween, Christmas and Easter events for children as well as special events for employees
Great place to work if you are OTR.
Contractor (Owner Op) (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 12, 2016
Super nice people , always willing to help. The job itself was very easy. I spent more time watching movies than I did driving alot weeks. As long as you get your paperwork in on time.
Pros
Great place to work, compensation is fair for the job.
Cons
Not enough hometime for me.
moving company
Mover/ Laborer (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 28, 2016
Did alot of moving furniture and carrying boxes and office equipment.Very draining when you are on your feet all day carrying very heavy objects.
Atlas Van Lines moving company
Professional Truck Driver Class (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 5, 2016
As a truck driver work days would start early, no matter how late you worked. Which is a pain because you need sleep to operate a rig, by law.

Management was easy to communicate with, they are very concerned about the safety of their employees.
They dont hover over your shoulder at all, they expect you to go out and get the job done.
The equipment is old but they keep them running.

Some co-workers are easy to work with. But other co-workers are very aggressive, and they enjoy to taking their problems out on others.

The hardest part of the job is not earning more than another driver, who dosen't drive because the company insurance wont cover them. My supervisor called me "GREEN", just because I was the young man, that was driven to take care of my family.
I didn't receive overtime until, I worked over 50 hours.
Also everyday 6 to 7 days a week your unloading, and loading your trailer, it is labor intensive.

I enjoyed the fact that I was a truck driver, and I had no supervision while on the road, they provide money for you to eat, pay for your rooms while out of town.
Pros
Driving hours
Cons
Salary pay, work hours, overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlas Van Lines. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval