atlas Employee Reviews

Fun working place
BUYER (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAAugust 28, 2016
Stepping stone to learn a lot about electronic components and Supplier relationships.
Management was very fair and easy to talk to.
Co-workers for the most part were team players
Pros
Mandatory Breaks
Cons
Not good benefits
Great place to apply your knowledge and style
Executive Partner (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 14, 2016
Is very important to create a strong and unite team, minimize risks and increase profits is the key.
Respect business values, culture and vision and commit to its success
Decent short term job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 23, 2016
It was a good place to work but i was denied a management position. I worked hard to get my qualifications but the position was handed over to a friend of the general manager with less qualifications.
very strict and busy job, fast paced labor intensive consistent with work. Team work enviorment.
Helper/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYAugust 22, 2016
I would walk in and greet the guys. Change into my work clothes and head out to the office to receive an assignment for the day, get the trucks ready and head out.

I would deliver materials all round the tri state area Or I would help a senior staff with major projects such as pipe fittings, boiler repairs, etc.
Cons
rushed lunch breaks
Directional drilling company oil wind and energy
Foreman supervisor (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 13, 2016
I like the different task I have accomplished being able to make the final decision and work under pressure are some of my quality. I enjoy working with people and being part of a team
Pros
Good pay.great people
Cons
Being away from family months at a time
Fast pased fun work enviormnt
Energy Savings Specialist (Former Employee) –  Red Bluff, CAJune 13, 2016
Great job that pushes you to be your best with good incentives, kind management and great co-workers. Easy job to succeed at as long as you are a hard worker who wants to be the best!
Cool lunch brake area
Full time Worker (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 15, 2016
I would sit on the comfy wheal chair sometimes for brake while i drank my water. Managers were great coworkers were nice. Very active work place with pleanty of people to talk to.
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 7, 2016
Plenty of work, like a challenge, but the hardest part of my day is being belittled by my boss. He does not appreciate anything I do to make the work day go smoothly. The most enjoyable part of the job is all the other people I work with, real family oriented. In the almost ten years I have been employed with AH&R I have learned alot with regards to the real estate commercial transactions.
Very delicate and attention to detailed job
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Gillem, GAMarch 29, 2016
I was in charge of supervising over 200 drivers in planning, and monitoring their work process in servicing our main customer Kroger. I also entered all data, instructions and operations to provide time proficient service to make sure all product was in stores on time. Also maintain great human relations with all employees under me. Also employees were regulated by the Union, so knowing all rules. I felt I was a very successful supervisor
Good place to grow
Transportation Supervisor (DOT) (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAJune 7, 2016
You have your work cut out for you at Atlas but the end result is worth it. THe Family balance will be lost unfortunately. Only 2 days off instead of 3. Comp days will grow fast or get paid for them immediately.
Another great time with a group of students at my school.
server (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCJuly 20, 2013
This a another fundraiser where we did a talent show it was a great time. I had plenty of fun and passed out food again and collect the money. A teacher did a great time at management and making sure there was a full house for it. There wasn't a hard part to the job. There were times were customers took things out of hand but I handled it quickly and smoothly. The most enjoyable part was just working.
Cons
OK company if you're right out of college
Program Support (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 23, 2013
However, if you have any experience and know how other companies work, you might want to pass on this one. Benefits are extremely meager...several months before boss had medical benefits available, 401(k) is OK but company had problems having it ready when one should be enrolled. The people in this company are great. Management just doesn't get it.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
HIGH stress; boss wants a company full of "YES" people.
I face new challenges everyday at work
Network Engineer - VoIP, Deployment and Data (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJDecember 20, 2014
Challenges are a part of this Job.

Ranging from simple power supply failing issues leading to Voice quality issues only mark a day at work. This is definitely the most difficult part of the Job, but at the same time challenging and this is what makes the job interesting.

There has not been a day at work where I have not learnt anything new. It has always been a learning experience and a huge challenge transitioning from a strong Data communications background to Voice and UC.
Pros
New challenges, Leadership roles, exposed to new technologies
Cons
No Breaks, No compensation leaves or working on weekends, little scope of progress
security officer / middletown , New York
security officer (Former Employee) –  security officerFebruary 4, 2016
Good company , great people , when you like your job it is never hard. The men I worked with were Excellent at their job and showed professionalism at all times.
Pros
great job
Atlas Chain
Transmission Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2016
I enjoyed Atlas until they sold. I felt it was better to open my own business. I wanted to open an honest reliable company that would be there for the long haul.
Mcdonalds
Picker (Former Employee) –  Salem, VASeptember 15, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of a lot of smiling, a lot of advertising, and a lot of making sure every order was right. Management at Mcdonalds is usually always helping. Its Mcdonalds so some Co-Workers would be awesome people and some would be really strange. Hardest part of the job was when people brought back something that got messed up and acted like it was the end of the world. The best part was that it was really laid back as long as you did what you were suppose too.
A great company to learn, grow professionally, and work
Founder and Managing Partner (Current Employee) –  SeattleFebruary 18, 2014
Atlas Services creates an atmosphere that is challenging, great for people who thrive on building new relationships, both professional and personal, and creating lifelong relationships.

A typical day at work consists of making telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.Researching sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.Develop clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints.Coordinate sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.Create and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.Plan and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment.Keep abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.Run day to day business operations.

The most important thing I have learned is how to create customer loyalty.First I would like to explain what my definition is of success within a business looks like. Loyalty is the key objective of the customer relationship. Loyalty is established between a customer and companies, persons, products or brands when they consistently purchase a certain product or brand over an extended period of time. An example of this is
  more... Apple. Customers show absolute loyalty to Apple and even dislike competing products. Apple fans identify with its trendy brand and love its integrated and smart solutions, sleek design and excellent product quality, not to mention their customer service. That is something to model by other companies. That being said, the quality of service offered by Atlas enabled me to build my client base with companies such as Amazon, Microsoft, and Costco to name a few. Also, my employment with Nordstrom shows this. I consistently achieved top rankings, and at times, the entire stores top sales. It is, in my opinion, impossible to do this without customer loyalty. Retention is a natural byproduct of that level of customer serves and product excellence.

The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable. It is keeping customers happy. This is, at times, very challenging but the rewards make it worth the effort.
Pros
Flexible time, great pay, great people
Cons
seasonal
productive and very busy and educational
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 17, 2015
a great place to work! flexable, willing to train, good communication. the most enjoyable part is learning from my colleagues. Learning different parts of the company operations.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
temporary job
Amazing staff and culture at the Atlas
The Atlas (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJune 29, 2013
The atlas has an amazing work culture.
Everyone is friendly and cares for each other.
There are many laughs at work, which leads to an intense amount of productivity.
The food is amazing.
Most enjoyable part: Working with the kitchen team and smelling the amazing food.
Pros
Free lunch, great food, great staff, great environment
Cons
short breaks, wet kitchen
A day at my job
Selector (Current Employee) –  East Point, GAMay 5, 2013
The job is good. I do alot of walking, and lifting. Itsa cold place to work but its not that bad. The management is good can really complain. I like the people I wrk with they are very helpful when ever I run into a problem. The hardest part of my job is the walking because it is alot of walking. The most enjoyable part of my job is the benifets.
Pros
BENIFETS
Cons
THE MONEY

Ask a question about working or interviewing at atlas. Our community is ready to answer.