ATMEL CORPORATION

ATMEL CORPORATION Employee Reviews

High pressure environment
IT Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 30, 2015
Always on the hunt to trim expenses, this company rarely gives good raises to anyone. Working in IT is a 24/7 job in the US, always on-call.
Comfortable work environment with long hours
Operator/Trainer (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 3, 2015
12 hour shifts 3-4 days a week. Operate multiple machines at a time, at varying process steps while prioritizing work flow.
No Job Stability, Poor Management
Workflow Coordinator/Trainer (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 20, 2015
Pros: good health insurance
Cons: monotonous, poor management, common for them to have layoffs
You spend 12 hours days running tools and pushing product around. Management has no idea what they are doing and do not take much feedback from the lowly operators. Co-workers are relatively unmotivated because there's no recognition and little promotion opportunities. Hardest part of the job is being on your feet for 12 hours. Enjoyable part of the job is you have your own space running your own tools.
assembIy
fab (Former Employee), colorado springsFebruary 1, 2015
Cons: everything
Too supervisors not knowing what they were supposed to do or their role as a supervisor is this was a contract job with the temporary agency .is like the other reviews say you never know if you have a job one day to the other there's always talks of layoffs
family environment
Production Operator (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: days off
Cons: pay
compressed schedule
learned how to build multiple types of IC's and Micro controllers
great co workers
hardest part of the job is the oscillation of the industry
the benefits and time off are excellent
Small Semiconductor Company to 2 Billion Revenue in 10 years.
Global Sourcing Manager (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 18, 2014
Pros: lot's of opportunities.
Cons: sec requirements / audit requirements / paperwork
Great Experience -

Great Growth Potential.
Systems Automation.
Global Sourcing - Materials, Services, and Logistics.
Combining and Leveraging 5 Operations Purchase Dollars.
Developing Strong Relationships in Europe and Asia.
Traveled extensively unsuring supply of product in Allocation Markets.
Negotiation International Agreements
Close relationships with Engineering, and Top Management.
It is a cleanroom enviroment
Buddy Trainer (Oxide Etch, Metal Etch) (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 20, 2014
Work is 12 hr compressed shift 3 and 4 days a week with 3 and 4 days off.
You learn the process of computer chip making.

You work closely with a group of people for your specific area. There are other areas but you don't work as closely with them.

Generally speaking the hardest part of my job might be having to be in cleanroom attire.
Could be sometimes streesfull, but all in all its a good company.
Global program Sample Coordinator (Current Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: the people i work with are awesome.
Cons: some of the job duties need major fixing.
I come to work, go thru the e-mails and respond in a timely manner. I learned how to do NPATS. That is where we send a file to the distributor so they can order parts.
Will beat you into the ground and tell you its your fault.
XSENSE operator (Current Employee), Colorado SpringsAugust 4, 2014
Pros: more hours than you know what to do with in a clean suit
Cons: low pay, micromanagement, insance accountability, no job security.
Terrible place to work. Operators have zero chance of advancement while everyone in the the office has revolving door style promotions. Your work load will grow by the day but your money sure wont.
Can we say Microchips
Thin Films Specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 16, 2014
It is very redundant, with the ability to learn more and more everyday.
I learned a lot about the semiconductor and everything that they are in and what the process from beginning to end is.
My management was not the greatest there towards the end of my employment there.
The hardest part of my job was right after 9/11 the industry took a hard it. Lots of us lost our jobs due to layoffs and cut backs. So we never knew if we where going to be employed from week to week.
Most enjoyable part of my job was it was non stop, always going with the trouble shooting that needed to be done day in day out.
Proactive group functions
Technical Program Management-NPI (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: great learning company
Cons: limiting spending policies
Great place to work and develop new Skills.
Group friendly atmosphere
Good Management openess and access
Avg benefits
Avg Salary
Production good team
Lead Test Operator (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 3, 2014
Pros: free lunch.
Cons: good benefits.
Work team shift (24 hours for 2 shifts)
Learned electronics techniques.
Management group shift.
Co-workers nice
Enjoyable of the job.
Abhorent Work Environment
Sr. Application Systems Architect (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 22, 2014
Pros: intelligent employees
Cons: no work/life balance (expected to work weekends/nights), improper employee placement, reactive environment (react to situations and not allowed to fixroot cause), absolutely unwilling to spend money
Normally I would not put a title like that but this is easily the worst place that I have ever worked. The biggest problem that I have seen here is that upper management appears to have no idea what they are doing most of the time. I see this mostly in employee placement within the company. I myself am a good example of this. I am a software engineer by training and trade, and yet my day to day work consists of project management, desktop technician support, data mining, etc...

While the company states that they like to foster an environment of innovation and creativity they seem to work hard to squelch these properties in their employees. To many times I have seen a good idea shot down because it didn't come from someone in upper management.

I rated the compensation high based on my experience and not the experiences of those that I work with. While my compensation is great, the compensation for most of the people that work here is insulting.

As for job security and advancement, there is no job security and no advancement. They refuse to promote from within and always higher from the outside for positions. I have seen people get laid off one week and then be hired back on only to be let go indefinitely a week later.

All that being said, there are quite a few highly intelligent people working here. They just tend not to be working in their field of expertise.

If you are looking to work here make sure that you read your contract very carefully. At the end you will notice that it says other duties as needed. Your days will be mostly spent on the other duties as needed and not on your primary role.
Bookkeeping/AP/AR
AP/AR/BOOKEEPING (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 24, 2014
Pros: close to home and good hours
Cons: too many people who have worked there too long and don't give good direction
Gather documents for Microchips, placed orders, changed stick status, printed checks for AP, Documented and processed Checks for AR.
Friendly work environment
Reporting Manager - Consultant (Former Employee), Reporting managerMarch 21, 2014
Open door management environment.
Job flexibility
Opportunities to rotate throughout the business
Management support
Collaborative teamwork
Change of pace environment and good place to work at.
Diffusion Operator (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 8, 2014
Enjoyed working at Atmel because that pace of the job was different. You had the opportunity to work on different tools and were relied on for quality and work performance.
Great people to work with
Corporate Receptionist (Current Employee), San Jose, CANovember 4, 2013
I really enjoy the people here at Atmel but time for a new adventure.
good workplace
Staff Test Engineer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 26, 2013
The Monday is typical day at work.
I learned the design for tinyAVR.
There is a good management and lot of nice co-workers.
fix bugs are hardest part of the job.
The design team is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Good pay but too many times they closed
Production Operator (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 4, 2013
I enjoyed working here. I met a lot of good people here. the only bad thing was they had to close the fab down almost every month which would affect our pay.
Stressful environment
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 6, 2013
Cons: lots of required working hours and meetings
My mama always said "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything". That makes it hard to write this review.

There are many elements that could make this a much more enjoyable place to work -- the challenge of some of the projects and the creativity they inspire can be fun -- but there is so much to do, so little time to do it and such nebulous, shifting, ill-defined requirements that it is just extremely stressful.

If I felt that management was behind me, that would make a difference, but my perception is that some upper level manager decided something should happen and the peons wind up struggling on the road to the Alamo waiting for their mid-level managers to throw them under the bus.

1 2 3

$300,000 per year
Senior Engineering Manager
$200,000 per year

ATMEL CORPORATION Photos

Atmel Tech On Tour at DigiKey Office for hands-on training of 30+ engineers in our Mobile Trailer.