Atmos Energy Employee Reviews

Very Perductive working enviornment and great learning expireance.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Worth TXJuly 8, 2015
Pros: The challange
Cons: Short breaks and no oppertunityies for growth in the company.
The challenge is what I loved most. My work was always changing according to what needed to be done and gave me the opportunity to learn and I always love to learn new things. Great people to work with and very personal environment.
It has great benefits
CSR (Current Employee), Waco, TXMay 17, 2015
This company has it good days and bad days but it does pay the bills, it has wonderful benefits and nice co workers. The hardest part of the job is the probably the management , its a little unfairness going on through out the company but long as you stay to yourself it is a good paying job.
Nice Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Waco, TXMay 6, 2015
I didn't work here long but I it was a very nice place. The work areas were very roomy. You could move around, stand or sit and still conduct your phone call.
Productive and fun work place great work environment.
CSA, Inbound Call Center, Collections. Mentor (Former Employee), Waco, TXApril 25, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, great work environment, snacks, quiet rooms.
A typical day at Atmos Energy would consist of answering phones to attend to customers needs. Helping with their accounts regarding payments, closing and opening accounts, handling bills. The management for Atmos Energy was great. Each team had their own supervisor, even with our own the other supervisors still made it a point to make sure they were able to help you even if it didn't deal with their team. Even the managers of the whole call center made it a point to walk around and make sure everyone was happy. There were always events going on at the call center to keep the atmosphere happy and keep everyone smiling. Company picnics, food days, even small games during your lunch just to give you a small break. The managers would even grill for the entire call center. We had our own teams of about 8-14 employees per team. Even though you had your own team you were apart of you still had to do the work yourself per customer as they came to your phone. The co-workers were amazing. They made sure they would help in any way possible to benefit the company and everyone else. The job had its ups and downs. Loved how it was 90% of the time fast paced and there was always something to do. There was never a quiet moment while working for Atmos Energy.
backward company with little technological comprehension
GIS Technician (Current Employee), Durango, COApril 15, 2015
This company is backward-thinking and unwilling to embrace the technology of today. Necessary direction and supervision was lacking. Coworkers were unknowledgeable and insolent. Leadership was unintelligent, reactionary, and blockheaded.
Overall a great company
Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 14, 2015
Worked in 3 different locations during my time with the company. Each varied greatly. The call center could be challenging being tied to the phones. Great flexibility in other departments.

Lack of truth in time reporting. A lot of good ol' boy. Lack of trust in the leadership and system applications. Too many changes that left departments feeling insecure.
Instructional Designer (Contractor) (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 7, 2015
Awesome company would love to work there permanently one day. The atmosphere is laid back, collaborative and supports a can do attitude.
Mixed emotions
Billing Controls Specialists (Former Employee), DallasApril 1, 2015
Overall, the company is a great company to work for but the department I was working in was not concerned about the work at the end of the day in my opinion.
I enjoyed working in my team and the company had great benefit package.
Customer Support Associate (Former Employee), Waco, TXMarch 4, 2015
I worked at a desk 8 hours a day, we had to be on the phone especially if we had calls holding. Sometimes it made it difficult to go to the bathroom when needed and then to go to breaks and lunches at the assigned time. If we did not log out right on time for lunch or break when we were supposed to it would count against us. Then when if we had pto hours and we had a doctor appointment or if my child was sick and there was no time available it would be an occurrence even if we have the time available. The hardest part was dealing with upset customers. the most enjoyable thing about the job was free food on occasion and benefit package.
Great people and a safe work environment.
Sr. Service Technician (Former Employee), Covington, La.March 4, 2015
Pros: supplied you with a vehicle to drive home.
Cons: too many days on call
Working with the public and problem solving such as finding gas leaks and other issues with appliances really helped the customers fell more at ease. Repair work on gas meters and changing to smart meters made the company technically up to date.
Greatest place to work
Distribution Operator (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: everything
Atmos Energy was the best place to work for. The family atmosphere was impeccable and training second to no one. Management was also family first and showed a true interest in their employees well being.
productive and good atmosphere
GIS Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great culture
It was great place to work and the people have a great attitude about work. I would recommend this company to anyone. I learned a lot abou GIS standards and procedures.
Productive, Culture Friendly Workplace
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Hewitt, TXJanuary 24, 2015
Atmos definitely takes care of and rewards it's employees. Atmos culture and Atmos Spirit are the main focuses at Atmos.
Customer Contact Specialist
Customer Contact Specialist (Former Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: pop corn machines, and t.v. throughout the building
Cons: irate customers
Atmos Energy is an inbound call-center and my job duties were to take calls and answer a variety of questions regarding gas services ranging from billing issues, new construction, and emergencies. The environment was relaxed, professional, and productive. The hardest part of the job is to explain charges on a bill to an irate customer or explaining why services were interrupted due to a billing issue during the winter time.
Construction Operator (Former Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 1, 2015
Awesome place to work with great job security. Can be very hard work depending on location. Overall a great company with a bright future.
lots of room to advance
meter reader (Current Employee), Killeen, TXDecember 28, 2014
great company room to advance paid time off great benefits.
easy work, good training. management in this location sucks.
Service Technician (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXDecember 12, 2014
Pros: fun training, some free meals if you are construction you get a lot of down time
Cons: terrible pay, supervisors are the worst part of the job, they micromanage readers and servise techs. everyone is treated different.
We have had new supervisors start here and they are not great. They do not care if you have a family emergency. Promotions are based on the good ol boy system, if you work as a meter reader or service you are the slave of the company. They put the employees in dangerous situations, they tell you that jumping fences is not company policie but they also say you better get your reads at all cost.
Made sure Safety was #1 priority
FIELD SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Brownfield,TXNovember 19, 2014
Working with Atmos Energy was a great experience it taught me many different values and I was proud to work there. I was able to learn different cultures of not only employees that I worked with but customers as well.
Flexible, and relaxed atmosphere
Revenue Management Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 4, 2014
Atmos Energy is a great company, with excellent benefits. They are very involved with the community and reaching out to help others. Atmos Energy promotes a great culture that can be used in personal and career life.
team player
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 2, 2014
company open door policy. family oriented, nice people, good management team, co-workers team players, hardest part timely projects, end of day , team help each other out,