Atmos Energy Employee Reviews

Good Company/ bad management
A Contingency Consultant (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 24, 2017
company as a whole cares about there employees, management however lacked seriously. I worked tirelessly for this company, and instead of trying to help me find another position management just went ahead and laid off entire department without any sort of notice.
great teams to work with
Sr. Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LAAugust 23, 2017
As one of the leading natural gas providers in south Louisiana, I was senior service tech for Atmos Energy. Here there is a lot of responsibility that comes with the service tech title. I’ll start off by explaining that being a service tech you are responsible for every underground Natural gas pipeline in our area which covers Houma, Bourg all the way to Belle Rose, La. Also I am a first responder in all emergency situations, which means that I handle all emergencies, must protect life and surroundings from danger and keep the emergency under control. I find and repair gas leaks on major pipelines and residential service lines when needed; therefore I work alongside large equipment at times and effective with multiple hand tools. Being a service tech I work in all weather conditions while providing great customer service at all times. I attend monthly safety meetings to obtain any new information that might needed where safety is priority.
Pros
they care about you and your family
Cons
call outs at odd times, like 3 in the morning
Productive Utility with good people
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 3, 2017
The company shows great culture to the public, yet lacks clear communication and structure for staff. Long-term staff across the enterprise with a family-type mentality.
The people are wonderful
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 2, 2017
Project Management is full of challenges daily. Managing personalities is the most challenging part of the job. However at Atmos Energy there is an implemented culture called "Atmos Spirit". The training teaches ways to better communicate mood, proper meeting etiquette, how to inspire trust in others and many other valuable behaviors which are useful at your home and office.
The people and the charitable activities that the company participates is the best part about the job. We are encouraged to work in the community and help others any way we can. Helping others is an amazing learning experience. Not only because of the people you are helping but the appreciation for what you have cant be ignored.
Pros
Flexible work schedule and working from home allowed
Cons
No room for advancement
A Good Productive work day
Revenue Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 31, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my day was utilizing all my years of customer service experience to help resolve both external and external customers needs.
Great company.. poor management
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 21, 2017
I had a great time working at Atmos. The only downfall was management was shady. I wouldn't put that against the company though. Bonuses and great opportunities to advance.
Pros
Free lunch, great compensation, pay raises
Cons
On call, bad supervisors
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 3, 2017
Working for Atmos Energy has been the best job employment i have ever had. The benefits is awesome and the pay is great. There is always room for advancement with the company.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Nothing is wrong
Great and safe place to work
Meter Reader (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 29, 2017
Safety oriented
Great entry level jobs
Management is great
positiive atmosphere
Days can be long sometimes
if you get done early you get paid for the rest of the day
benefits
Cons
short breaks
Atmos Energy
Intern for engineering (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 14, 2017
Atmos Energy had a great environment to work in. I learned a lot while I was there. It was a team environment and everyone helped each other out on assignments even if it was not their job.
Pros
Free lunches, great environment
Calm workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TX 76712June 8, 2017
This job is fast and demanding of knowledge and speed and heavy customer service but with practice it's all possible. As far as a working environment it's very calm, and between calls mostly free to do many things but it can be very busy and with minimum breaks.
Not the best but not the worst
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 2, 2017
If you're working in the call center the one in Waco in particular you'll most likely have great people on your team. For the most part all of the customer service reps are good people. HOWEVER that's where it stops. With the exception of a few most likely your supervisor is overbearing, shows favoritism or is only holding on just long enough to retire. If that's not the case your supervisor is really just a very untrustworthy person. Management is out of touch with what's really going. They try to implement changes they feel will help you however they don't do the job so they have no idea of what you actually go through with the customers. The pay is above average and the benefits are pretty good. There are perks like a Christmas bonus and 3 weeks paid time off but at times even that isn't enough to deal with the stress of the job. Then there are the irate customers that will belittle YOU because THEY didn't pay their bill. And all you can do is take it. If you have a high threshold for stress go for it
Pros
Paid time off, Christmas bonus, benefits, great people
Cons
Customers and management
Wasn't a good work enviroment
Billing Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 1, 2017
The department was unstable and management was poor. The leadership team was deceptive and not trust worthy. Bad communication in the department and no structure.
Good place to work with good benefits
SENIOR SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 15, 2017
It is a good company to work for with good benefits. A typical workday was a normal 8 hour shift which included overtime at times. The culture was relaxed at time.
Work with good people. Safe environment,
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock TXMay 8, 2017
My typical day starts with reviewing my presidents schedule for the week/day and preparing all meeting rooms for daily meetings. I assist our eight VP'S with anything they need in preparing for day. I assist our other employees 120 with any needs they may have. Answer phones and meet and greet any visitors to the appreciate employees office or meeting rooms. I have learned various ways to help/assist our employees so that they are successful in meeting the needs of our customers by supplying a safe and efficient product.

Our company culture is one that I live by, not just at work. We strive to Inspire Trust, Being at Our Best, Bringing out the Best in Others, Focusing on the Future, and Making a Difference.

We have 450 employees in our WTX Division. I believe the hardest part is not being able to visit with our employees more often.

Every part of my job is a blessing to get to do everyday and assist all of our employees. I do get to volunteer to help in a lot of our community involvement events by giving back to our community. That is by far my favorite part of my job.
Pros
Community involvement
Cons
Productive and family friendly.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 7, 2017
I absolutely loved working for Atmos. Id recommend it to everyone seeking employment. The callcenter was very family oriented. I learned a variety of csreer customer service skills and made life long friends whom i adore
If you have a backbone this isn't the place for you!!!
Meter Reader II (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 10, 2017
This company runs off politics and BS! bottom line, if you don't kiss up or stand your ground when it comes to management you'll be harassed and picked on until you quit or they have enough BS on you to fire you.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Too much BS for what they pay.
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 5, 2017
Atmos Energy is a great company to work for. They really take care of their employees. They have a great work/life balance. I really love working here!
As an intern, the experience of working for Atmos was fantasitc.
Engineering Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 13, 2017
Atmos was great to work for as an intern. They always had work available and despite effectively being data entry it did provide some challenge to pursue.

The group was tight knit and the people were exceedingly friendly and helpful as I began and they continued to help me learn the gas business (which I previously had no clue about) during my internship. Co-workers were fun and management really did well facilitating my work to the point that I was able to complete much more than I initially expected.

The only downside is that I joined as an engineering intern but rarely had any engineering to engage in compared to the demand for GIS work. I still value the work I had and have learned a great deal from it.
Pros
Always had food, always willing to educate and answer questions, friendly
Cons
monotonous work
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 5, 2017
This is a great company if you like being connected to a phone and desk all day. They do have the ergonomic desk so you can stand if you would like to. Very strict about calling in or taking unscheduled time
senior Meter
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 2, 2017
• Responsible for reading meters on assigned routes, documenting meter readings, reporting any tampering, safety hazards or damage of company property
• Answer Customer general inquiries regarding meter reading and services
• Responsible for the safe operation of company vehicles
• Verify readings in cases where consumption appears to be abnormal, and record possible reasons for fluctuations via trouble messages and trouble codes in the hand held.
• Update and maintain pertinent information and coding such as client addresses and meter locations, to the accounts via the handheld.
• Report to service departments any problems such as meter irregularities, damaged or compromised equipment, or impediments to meter access, including dogs and problematic customers.
• 2 week Cross-trained with the Construction department Irving, TX to detect and fix leaks
• Worked on main slabs