Seeking a dynamic person as an addition to our team in the position of Administrative and Clinical Assistant. This position is multifaceted to include daily interaction with patients on the phone and in person, providing administrative support to the sales and clinical team, patient scheduling, explaining insurance, ordering contact lenses, checking patients in and out for appointments, conducting appropriate clinical screening and work-up of patients. This position reports directly to the Practice Administrator.
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Grow customer base through effective patient management
- Organizes and scans administrative invoices
- Maintains contact lenses inventory
- Manages incoming and outgoing orders for correctness and expeditious delivery to the patient
- Communicates appropriate insurance information to prospective and existing patients
- Utilize vision care software tool to schedule and track patient information
- Clinical screening and work-up of patients
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling and confirming appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients; printing, organizing, and sending monthly patient statements.
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Appropriately and efficiently conduct opening and closing daily procedures.
- Work directly with the Practice Administrator to oversee daily operations
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, energetic, out-going and have a superior professional appearance
- Ability to work independently with little direction
- Excellent phone and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with conflict resolution in a non-confrontational manner
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to multi-task
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Capability to grasp new tasks and effectively execute them
- Computer proficiency
- Experience as administrative assistant and/or an optical/medical office a plus, but not a requirement
*Available evenings and weekends
*Available to travel and be scheduled at any company location
*Possess Certified Paraoptometric Certification or acquire within 1 year of hire
We offer our team members a competitive benefits package, which includes paid vacation and holidays, health and dental insurance, vision benefits and a health & wellness benefit.
Salary- USD $10 - 15 Per Hour
Career Level Required- Entry Level
Experience Required- 2+ to 5 Years
Education Required- High School or equivalent
Job Type- Employee
Job Status- Full Time
Indeed - 17 months ago