We are a medical device company and a leader in developing, manufacturing and selling innovative cardiac surgical ablation systems designed to create precise lesions in cardiac tissue for the treatment of atrial fibrillation, or AF, and systems for the exclusion of the left atrial appendage. We are seeking a Designer at the Senior or Principal level. The successful candidate will have relevant experience in the medical device industry and will work in a small Research group where they will both lead product design projects and provide subject matter expertise to other projects in the group. Good team dynamics and strong interpersonal communication skills are a must. A familiarity and background in Industrial Design is highly desired. The Senior/Principal Designer will work with internal Research and Marketing teams and clinician-customers to identify unmet needs and develop concepts and designs to meet those needs. In some cases they will lead the ensuing project to build and test the prototypes. In other cases they will provide detailed design expertise to other projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Experience Leading Projects
- Responsible for capturing the design intent in CAD models and drawings
- Experience with general manufacturing technologies (plastic injection molding, stamping, milling, turning, various fastening techniques) including low to medium volume manufacturing processes.
- Understand rapid prototype methods and work with rapid prototype suppliers
- Responsible for generating Intellectual Property and working with attorneys to generate patent applications.
- Responsible for communication of design intent to cross functional development team, clinical customers, and suppliers, both verbally and in written documentation.
- The individual must have proficiency in computer communication tools and design documentation (i.e. Microsoft Office products)
- Responsible for evaluating prototype components for conformance to design intent via inspection and functional evaluation.
- Responsible for innovative design solutions
- Responsible for planning work to align with project plan and team objectives.
- Responsible for communication best practices among other designers
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years of experience
- Minimum of 3 years of Medical Device design experience
- Familiarity with Project Management techniques and software (e.g. MS Project)
- Inspection/testing experience
- Data analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Problem-solving and trouble-shooting experience
- Ability to read technical specifications
- Track record of concept and product innovation
- Track record of device development success
- SolidWorks expertise
- PDM experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in reducing novel concepts to detailed designs
- Demonstrated success in a collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Demonstrated capability to evaluate device/component performance versus design intent
- Capable of GD&T / Tolerance analysis
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring of junior colleagues
- Strong DFM experience
- Knowledge of low-volume manufacturing technologies
Desired but not required:
- Industrial design / Human Factors experience
- Voice of the Customer collection and synthesis
- Experience in preclinical, cadaver, and clinical settings.
To apply, please go to: http://www.atricure.com/senior-principal-designer
Indeed - 14 months ago