Please apply using instructions at bottom of posting.
We are seeking a Senior Designer. The successful candidate will possess the following skills: strong technical background, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams, and excellent interpersonal communication. Must be eligible to work in the US without company sponsorship.
The Senior Designer models and documents product designs. He or she designs simple parts, sub-assemblies, mechanisms, and complex products in 3D (Pro/E preferred). The Senior/Principal Designer documents the process, exports data for analysis, and works collaboratively in cross-functional teams
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for capturing the design intent in CAD models and drawings
- Must have knowledge of general manufacturing technologies (plastic injection molding, stamping, milling, turning, various fastening techniques) including low to medium volume manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for design control and design documentation release using tools such as CAD data management and document release system.
- Capable of documenting intellectual property, i.e. in lab notebook.
- Responsible for communication of design intent to cross functional development team and suppliers, both verbally and in written documentation.
- The individual must have proficiency in computer communication tools and design documentation (i.e. Microsoft Office products)
- Responsible for evaluating prototype components for conformance to design intent via inspection and functional evaluation.
- Responsible for GD&T and tolerance analysis
- Responsible for innovative design solutions
- Responsible for planning work to align with project plan and team objectives.
- Responsible for communication best practices among other designers
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years of experience
- Inspection/testing experience
- Data analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Problem-solving and trouble-shooting experience
- Ability to read technical specifications
- Track record of concept and product innovation
- Track record of device development success
- Pro-E and SolidWorks expertise
- Medical Device Design and Human anatomy experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in reducing novel concepts to detailed designs
- Demonstrated success in a collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Experience with rapid prototyping
- Demonstrated capability to evaluate device/component performance versus design intent
- Demonstrated use of CAD data management and version control
- Capable of GD&T / Tolerance analysis
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring of junior colleagues
- Strong DFM experience
- Knowledge of low-volume manufacturing technologies
Desired but not required:
- Industrial design / Human Factors experience
- Voice of the Customer collection and synthesis
- Experience with analyzing and generating Intellectual Property / Patents
- Experience in preclinical, cadaver, and clinical settings.
- Project planning experience
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package to full-time hires. Our benefit package is comprehensive and includes medical insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, dental and vision insurance, flexible medical and childcare spending accounts, 401k, paid holidays and paid vacation, casual dress, creative workplace. Drug screen and background check required.
Must be eligible to work in the US without company sponsorship.
Preferred: go to www.atricure.com/Join_the_Team/Open_Positions. Please have your resume and a cover letter available for upload as a Word document. May also fax resume and a cover letter to 513-644-4751. Must have SR DESIGN on the cover sheet. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.