We are seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer. The successful candidate will possess the following skills: Medical device design; prototype development; Voice of the Customer / unmet needs analysis; Concept generation; Design analysis; attention to detail and ability to multi-task; ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams; experience in understanding product design and development; CAD (SolidWorks or ProE), and other engineering analysis software; documentation design; Intellectual property generation and analysis; and excellent interpersonal communication. Must be eligible to work in the US without company sponsorship.
The ideal candidate understands the Voice of the Customer, identifies unmet needs, develops product concepts, generates prototypes of these concepts, tests, analyzes, and refines the prototypes through laboratory interactions with customers, and works in cross-functional project teams. He or she works independently, applying comprehensive and diverse engineering principles and practices to broad assignments, generating and documenting intellectual property and contributing to the development of new concepts. May mentor others.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Design, develop, test, analyze, verify, and validate all aspects of mechanical components, equipment and machinery.
2. Develop component and product technical specifications including the integration and consideration of applicable standards and regulations
3. Communicate with and direct external suppliers of analysis, components, subassemblies and finished assemblies
4. Create 3-D CAD database
5. Demonstrate understanding of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance
6. Perform advanced analysis
7. Perform a variety of complex engineering design and development tasks.
8. Demonstrate understanding of test method development
9. Review and authorize engineering design changes
1. Undergraduate degree in engineering is required; degree in mechanical engineering strongly preferred.
2. Minimum of 7 years of experience in a mechanical engineering role is required. Experience in medical devices is strongly preferred.
3. Knowledge of the design/development process.
4. Conversant with design theories and applications.
5. Familiarity with design controls, quality controls, and manufacturing methods.
6. Solid understanding of industry regulations that pertain to medical devices.
7. Capability to perform sub-assembly-level analysis, including, but not limited to tolerance, or finite element analysis.
8. Ability to consistently and accurately document intellectual property, designs, and processes.
9. Knowledge of prototyping and rapid prototyping techniques.
10. Experience with customer-facing and unmet needs identification.
11. Ability to professionally represent the company with, as well as direct the activities of, external suppliers
12. Understanding of Program Management tools and expectations of Medical Device Design and Manufacturing Controls
Desired but not required
1. Graduate degree
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package to full-time hires. Our benefit package is comprehensive and includes medical insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, dental and vision insurance, flexible medical and childcare spending accounts, 401k, paid holidays and paid vacation, casual dress, creative workplace. Drug screen and background check required.
Must be eligible to work in the US without company sponsorship.