Atria Senior Living Group

Atria Senior Living Group Employer Reviews

i enjoyed the staff and the patients i woorked with. I enjoyed my job to the fullest.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Darien, CTJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: holiday parties, staff were great.
Cons: change of owners, not enough hours.
The hardest part of my job was the constant change of owners and. I learned to accept change and make the best of it and continue to assist the residents the best that I can.
Residents are amazing and fun to work with/talk to
Receptionist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2015
-a typical day consists of answering/directing phone calls
-organizing mail
-filing proper paperwork
-I learned plenty from residents (lives, experiences, etc)
-management is always rocky and hardly balanced
-I've gone through three directors in just the time I've been here
-I've noticed the director now will stop at nothing to get it her way
-Coworkers generally are great to work it specifically my admin team
-Most workers stick by each other specially when managers look down at us
-Hardest part about my job is only being able to do so much for a resident while others won't even listen
-Best part about my job is getting to know the residents and being able to place a smile on their face with even the smallest detail
Truly Loved this Job and Company
Executive Director/Marketing Leader (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2015
Cons: had to move back to the carolina's; parent feel ill, brother passed away
Worked with seniors and marketing. Was the Executive Director and worked with a great company.
Cons: had to move back to the carolina's; parent feel ill, brother passed away
Not the place to work if you want to advance in your career
Resident Medication Assistant (Current Employee), Marietta, GAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: working with the residents
Cons: upper management and directors
Pay very little for the demanding job that is asked of you. You pass meds, do care, do laundry, do waitress work, wash dishes and bus tables all for 10 bucks an hour!! You get nowhere in this company if one director does not like you. The schedule is horrible. Short staffed and when you call the director who made the schedule you get " I am really sorry" and no help getting anyone to come in. Med techs if short will have to do meds on both sides while doing their regular duties as stated above. Directors NEVER want to come on the floor to help unless QE or State are there.
Dining Room Server
Server (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 2, 2015
Working for this company is a fast paced company. Working with the elderly is fun and interesting. There is different activities for the elderly and dinner services for their family as well.
Productive and pleasant workplace
Receptionist - Concierge (Current Employee), Slingerlands, NYDecember 18, 2014
I just started not to long ago, just to gain experience with a front desk position. The people and residents that are there are so lovely, they have helped me every step of the way.
good place to work
Eveing Chef (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VADecember 11, 2014
Pros: free llunch and dinner for employees
Cons: sometimes hard to go on breaks
management was helpful and friendly,co-workers would provided a team work attitude.The best part of the jobs was when it got busy every one would help to get the job done
Honest, caring, rewarding place
Senior Quarters/Atria (Former Employee), lynbrook, N.Y.December 3, 2014
Medical office,assisting residence with their personal needs .Work closely with doctors, scheduling appointments and ordering medication with off site pharmacy.Controlled and oversee the M.A.R.S. of the med cart and family members were also notified if their assistance was needed.
Hardest part of this career was to get close to a resident ,deeply connected only to know they were no longer with us it was a hard thing to adjust too, but the rewards were great in humanity.
Co workers on staff were always working together and in sync with residence needs.
Face paced office with high energy and caring.
Fun working environment
Administrative Assistant/Head Receptionist (Current Employee), Lantana, FLNovember 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Love the Residents and the staff. Overall a happy place. Loved waking up every morning knowing that I'm not only going to work, but going to my second family. :)
staff away
Life Guidance Director (Former Employee), jaksonvilleNovember 16, 2014
management treats staff like dirt. don't even apply. you'll be sorry you did.
Overall good place to work
Resident Service Director (Former Employee), Rochester, NYNovember 14, 2014
I had the opportunity to oversee the care of elders. I was honored to get to know every resident and there families.
every thing is black and white
DIRECTOR OF CULINARY SERVICES (Current Employee), Lantana, FLNovember 13, 2014
A great company to work for. Learned a lot it was stressfull at times because so much is expected of you. They have very high standards
Interaction with Senior Citizens
Server (Former Employee), Temecula, CaNovember 9, 2014
Pros: free take-out
Cons: short hours
A typical work day at the senior home consisted of meal prepping, setting up a restaurant style dining room and slight cleaning before or after shifts. Along with learning how to set up a table, I also learned dining room etiquette. I learned how to be professional in a workplace environment. Management was well-structured and they offered many employee resources. My co-workers were a multi-functioning unit with a good work relationship. The hardest part of the job was keeping track of all the seniors' demands all at once. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting and listening to the seniors' stories and experiences.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Bronx, NYNovember 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: not enough hours
Dinner is always stressful because all the residents are trying to get in the elevator but once there all settled it's okay.
Professional and fun atmosphere
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Waterford, CTNovember 7, 2014
Pros: benefits, management
Cons: short breaks, unorganized at times
When I was first interviewed at Atria, my now manager was telling me about her impressive staff. Shortly after she told me that, I realized it was because so many people have been at Atria for over 10 years. After working here for 9 months, I can truly see why so many people stay for such a long period of time. Everyone from housekeeping to management are always so friendly to everyone and they welcome anyone. What makes my job so enjoyable is seeing the residents on a daily basis. I've made a deep bond with some of the residents that I see almost everyday; a bond that I will carry throughout the rest of my life.
Wonderful company and great place to work
Assisted Living Director (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2014
A typical day of work consists of addressing the resident's and their family’s needs. I’ve learned that every family is different and that their needs are also different. Management has always been a passion of mine and something I’ve enjoyed pursing. I enjoy sharing ideas with my co-workers, my management teams, and learning from them every day. My co-workers are like my family. I always enjoy interacting with them and listening to their needs. The hardest part of the job involves dealing with the passing of residents. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping residents with their everyday needs and striving to make them as comfortable and happy as possible.
uppoer managment need to be more responsible
no no no (Former Employee), New yorkOctober 27, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: companystinks
Worked non stop for awhile, no compensation, they do not hold all employees accountable. Executive Directors think they are all that and more.Employees run the buildings without no accountability
Met new people
Resident Service Asst (Former Employee), Cresent Springs, KYOctober 26, 2014
Grew as an individual. Put my nose in the medical field direction.

1 2 3 4 5

About Atria Senior Living Group

Atria Senior Living is breathing new life as a senior living management company. It was formed in 2011 as a spinoff of Atria Senior – Read more