Atria Senior Living Group Employee Reviews in United States

Best company
Resident Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJune 22, 2016
I employed with Atria in June of 2011. By far one of the best companies I worked for. I was promoted to Resident Service Coordinator ( Admissions), and worked under the director. The company does a lot for their employees. I worked in a very fast pace office and I loved it. All of the employees are very friendly, and work as a team.
Don't let the way this place looks fool you
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 18, 2016
I've been at Atria for one year , at first it was great ! Until management came and went like a revolving door! Management don't care about anything but the money! Care staff are overlooked , disrespected and worked like slaves ! Too much work not enough pay ! The company sales families unrealistic expectations leaving employees looked down on and put in awkward situations. Executive directors have favorites ! Not worth you time or energy !
Pros
Set hours, beautiful place to work
Cons
Poor judgement, lack of acknowledgment, degrading
Review
Wait Staff (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAJune 8, 2016
Over all my past jobs have been pretty easy. I learn pretty fast and I can adjust to situations quickly. I loved every single one of them and I am looking forward to expanding and applying my skills in new work areas. I am easy to get along with. I like getting along with coworkers.
Pros
free lunches have always been a pro
Cons
management at some of my jobs hasn't been as good as it should be.
Typical day on my job
Life Guidance Director (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLMay 31, 2016
I go in around 830 get the out of house list of residents ready and printed off for morning meeting. I also pull the lifeline alert notices. I go to meeting we discuss who is coming in our community and then go to med tech office sign off on communication book pick up any incident reports and look over MORS and new orders. Make sure we have all the medications that is needed and then go to office and handle any paperwork or calls or emails or texts that need to be address. Do walk around community to make sure residents and co workers are ok and enjoying the activity for the time. I have learned that not every day is the same and to prioritize the concerns of the day and take it one step at a time. My enjoy my co workers, I respect them and in return they show me respect. Hardest part of my job is when a resident passes or we can no longer meet their needs and they have to go to another facility. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know the residents and families and seeing them smile or when you know they have full trust in you and know they will be taken care of .
Pros
free lunches, parties that we have to win big prizes
Cons
sometimes its the long hours
Has become the worst place to work and have your loved ones at!
Staff (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMay 31, 2016
Worst management, Will not help if short, no advancement allowed. Work you to death with little pay, worst place to work.
Pros
Wonderful residents
Cons
No managerial support
Nice company
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYMay 15, 2016
Enjoyed my daily maintenance responsibilities that were given to me. Convenient and close to home, which allowed for a great work/life balance.
Excellent place to work
Atria Senior Living (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAMay 12, 2016
I Love my job but I am looking for a second job on weekends, I love working here, the people are great the staff is amazing, we get our meals there & the food is amazing
Great place to be.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2016
Great place to be and work. Great bonding with my residents. Was really my second home. Work days were hectic but always had something to do and fun with my residents. Management always second guessed themselves. Co-workers were great to work with, we were a great team.
Pros
Stories everyday, lunches, free parking.
Cons
Management, shortage on supplies
Fun place to work if you like to work with the elderly
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJApril 26, 2016
I loved working here, it was fun and fast paced and created challenges for me and that's what i loved about it. Pay is alright, but I got the chance to meet people that have so much history honestly the stories you hear from these elderly people are just amazing.
Pros
Free food during your shift
Cons
grouchy elderly people
i love it
cook (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 24, 2016
I love it there the employees were really nice I love working around different people I learned a lthe employees were really niceot of thing leaving
its all a fasade
Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 16, 2016
not a place I would recommend. they do every thing under the table and if you have a problem or conflict with some one for get about getting its solved they make you feel like you have no rights and work you to death they are only in it for the head count
Fake
Life Guidance Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 9, 2016
Only care about being showy, and looking fancy to tours. Treat employees like dirt. "Open door policy" never available to talk to you, door is always shut.
productive and fun
CNA (Current Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYApril 5, 2016
is a good place to work but I'm looking for a job different than this looking for a receptionist position. I di enjoy working on this environment
Bad place
RSD (Former Employee) –  Willistown, PAMarch 26, 2016
This is the worst company I ever worked . Atria uses bait and switch tactics to lure new residents. The staff is not based on acuity.
The work life balance is impossible to achieve
Because the expectation from the upper management is absurd and they do not hold themselves to the same standard. The ED at Solana is ruthless and dishonest. When reported to HR the retaliation started and continued until I resigned . The residents will
Spend 10,000+ monthly on living here and will spend a hour waiting for breakfast .This company is a mess.. Please look past the beautiful buildings!
Pros
Free leftovers for day shift staff
Cons
Dishonest and uncaring about the residents
Artria Senior Living Center
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COMarch 22, 2016
A typical day at work would good. working part time wasn't bad.
I learned to have patiences , before working at Atria, I wasn't very patient.
People I worked with worked with were ok. I was there to work and not make friends
Hardest part of the job for me, a person with dyslexia, was remembering orders and what residents names
i didn't really have an enjoyable parts of the job
Pros
Being able to help people out
Cons
staff
Atria
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLMarch 10, 2016
Atria is a wonderful company to work for. Working with the elderly is a heartwarming experience. At Atria you become part of a family rather than just having a job.
it's always productive and fun to do what you love.
Atria Crossgates Assistant Living (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 29, 2016
a typical day consist of me passing medication to the residents and putting a smile on their face. Working at Atria Senior Living is one of the best thing i got the opportunity to meet many wonderful residents and families. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a smile on the residents and the hardest part about my job is when a resident is sick and had to be taken to the hospital and when they die.
Pros
they give free lunch, it is good place to work.
Cons
the supervisors don't listen to the residents and the supervisor is not working with the workers.
Banquets/waitstaff (Current Employee) –  Tarzana, CAFebruary 29, 2016
Video conference meetings to evaluate,summarize and resolve problematic fulfillment issues Manage and process tickets/shipments for worldwide sports and entertainment venues Generate packing slips (Fedex,UPS,DHL) and ensure/verify ticket inventory request Monitor corporate fulfillment queues and record daily metrics in admin
Pros
worldwide tickets going to venues
Cons
sorting
Fast paced work enviroment
Medication Technician/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 25, 2016
The community is a beautiful place for the residents to live. I enjoy all of the people I take care of. Co-workers are nice.
Worst senior living company to work for!
Memory Care Director (Former Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 19, 2016
Unethical leadership! No work life/balance. You will be expected to be on call even during paid time off. All about sales and making as much money off seniors as possible not in it for the care and well being of seniors. Turn over rate of leadership very high. Atria should be shut down by the health department. False advertising of high levels of care and don't deliver due to lack of staffing or ability. Their benefits may seem impressive but don't be fooled it's not worth it !
Pros
Cons
The only thing this company cares about is getting money out of seniors, they do not care about the quality of service delivered or supporting families

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atria Senior Living Group. Our community is ready to answer.