Atria Senior Living Group Employee Reviews in United States

good company, not for me
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYJanuary 26, 2016
I came in thinking i was really going to help people but instead realized this is just like any other company that is all about money and looking good for corporate. upper management doesnt seem to care too much about employees. The residents are great. but sales is taking in too many people who need too much care that Atria cannot provide and its too much work for the employees.There is no possibility for advancement.

most other employees are great we all get along but there are some who do not care about the residents well being at all and they end up being the supervisors "favorites"

Atria's main goal is to provide quality living for seniors. I truly believe thats what the company stands for, however they need to understand that in order to provide quality care, they need to be able to pay employees enough to do the amount of work they have us doing
Pros
provide lunch, and competitive benefits
Cons
no advancement possibilities
Worst senior living company to work for!
Memory Care Director (Former Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 19, 2016
Unethical leadership! No work life/balance. You will be expected to be on call even during paid time off. All about sales and making as much money off seniors as possible not in it for the care and well being of seniors. Turn over rate of leadership very high. Atria should be shut down by the health department. False advertising of high levels of care and don't deliver due to lack of staffing or ability. Their benefits may seem impressive but don't be fooled it's not worth it !
Pros
Cons
The only thing this company cares about is getting money out of seniors, they do not care about the quality of service delivered or supporting families
Bad place
RSD (Former Employee) –  Willistown, PAMarch 26, 2016
This is the worst company I ever worked . Atria uses bait and switch tactics to lure new residents. The staff is not based on acuity.
The work life balance is impossible to achieve
Because the expectation from the upper management is absurd and they do not hold themselves to the same standard. The ED at Solana is ruthless and dishonest. When reported to HR the retaliation started and continued until I resigned . The residents will
Spend 10,000+ monthly on living here and will spend a hour waiting for breakfast .This company is a mess.. Please look past the beautiful buildings!
Pros
Free leftovers for day shift staff
Cons
Dishonest and uncaring about the residents
Not a great place, could be better
Life Guidance Director (Current Employee) –  Pacific Palisades, CAOctober 12, 2015
It has potential but long work hours, low compensation and a generally lack of competent management creates a whole host of issues.
Pros
Free lunch/food
Cons
They have a poor company culture
Very demanding, pulling in several directions, constant deadlines
Maintenance Director (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 10, 2015
Review priorities for the day with ED and Sales. Review emails from upper mgmt, review building and equipment concerns. Set daily priorities for Maint and HK. Perform resident, manager requirements. Work on paperwork at home.
I have learned the skills to bring a highly regulated industry building up to all the requirements for State, City, National and local management. How to relate to Residents and employees to develop relationships.
The local management was eratic and inconsiderate of other requirements. The national management kept adding requirements with a general expectation of 16 to 18 hours daily/weekly. In a job that was originally 40 hours per week.
The other Managers and employees could be a saving grace in any day.
The most enjoyable part of my job was accomplishing personal goals dispite distractions.
There is no growth in terms employee promotion
Place - Resident Care Associate (Current Employee) –  CTOctober 31, 2015
I start work at 6am and sometimes at 2pm. I have learnt to stay focus on my job and mind my own business. Management is great and I know that they cannot always satisfy everybody's needs. My co- workers support each other and there is great team work. The hardest part of the job is working short without finding coverage for the entire shift. The most enjoyable part is that we respect each other and there is solidarity amongst staff members including management plus management is approachable.
Pros
Free lunch, staff appreciation by managers
Cons
luch break
nice place to work
maintenace tech (Former Employee) –  portsmouth,riAugust 6, 2015
good place to work, management not the best but its expected with such a big turn over for dept heads, co workers are very helpful and easy to get along with, hardest part of job is no teamwork or positive imput for the employess who work hard, salary too low for work employees do
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no team work with dept heads
Corporate Beatdown
Regional (Former Employee) –  WesternJuly 7, 2015
I left Atria about a year ago and was so happy to leave. Work/Life balance is non-existent. I was part of a Regional Team and felt very bad for the property level employees. I tried to buffer the demands and politics from the Kentucky Corp office as much as possible. It was obvious the highly paid and highly incentivized suits in KY had no concept of what the employee demands were. They had no understanding of priorities. They only cared about revenue and personal bonuses. I witnessed residents in communities in unsanitary conditions, but instead of moving them out to a nursing care facility, they would keep them as long as possible to help meet sales / census goals. When interviewed, I was sold on such a great company culture, vision statement, etc., but once past my orientation I never heard of that stuff again. The mantra was "It is what it. Is". I will tell you, it is what it shouldn't be.
Pros
Working with Seniors and many good employees
Cons
Greedy Corporate Disconnect
Management at a glance
On Call Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 7, 2015
Seems friendly, genuine, and caring. As far as I know that still somewhat exists to be true with the business director and community director (kinda), but the executive director will LIE to your face to protect HERSELF.... and the company. Shes also very rude and is not professional as far as consumer relations.. I simply think Sarah Prasky, the executive director, is TOO young for the role of ensuring an assisted living facility and their residents are up to par as far their needs and state laws, rules, and regulations. Which also applies to the employee needs as well.. As for other departments, the training lacks structure and they follow all the minimums.... i was lucky enough to get two, but typically it is ONE day of training in each shift while being trained by MULTIPLE caregivers with their own routines and strategies being different.

As far as the residents go, THEY ARE SO AMAZING. They are the reason I go back. I am excited to see them every day and a lot of them have spunky fun attitudes and theyre so very kind. I am so thankful for them. :)
Pros
Residents have "routines", The Benefits, The relationships developed, employee to employee support
Cons
Learning the caregivers "routine" in training, Working through break & lunch, pay is low for the care and extra mile we give to residents.
Was a positive experience
Cook (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 16, 2016
Good structure on a daily basis.
I learned the value of team work.
Management was fair.
Co-workers were great for the most part.
Hardest part part was the constant change in management.
Enjoyed working in the enviornment.
Pros
Employee appreciation day
Cons
Short breaks
A lovly community to enjoy retirement in a historic area of Charlotte.
Community Sales & Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 22, 2015
A typical day at work was me greeting all of the wonderful residents that called Atria home. And then I always went into the kitchen to say good morning to the crew!
The Chef and her support staff where fantastic, and really knew how to cook!
Upper management at Atria was very good and had been with the company a long time. My interactions with them were always professional and they did a good job conveying the heart of the company to the community.
The community I worked at was in a historic area and had a unmistakable grandeur! And the grounds were beautifully shaded by 80 year old oak trees. There was even a historic home on the property once used as housing for our residents out of town guests.
Pros
The food and meal schedule was fantastic, all my tours loved it
Cons
not many...I wish I could have worked there longer
nice place to work
Concierge (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 29, 2016
Greeting guests, managing phones, file updating, helping residents
Management was easy to communicate with
Coworkers were great
the hardest part of the job was when a resident passed away
the most enjoyable part of the job was creating friendships with the residents
Pros
free lunches, relationships with residents
Cons
work hours short
Great place
Receptionist, Atria Senior Living 10970 700 E (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTFebruary 4, 2016
Atria cares deeply about both its residents as well as its employees. The management ensured that the employees were happy and welcomed feedback. The residents were also first priority and their experience at atria was of the utmost importance. I had a great experience with this company.
Friendly and clean place to work
Resident Medication Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 28, 2015
It is different than most personal care homes because it is not medical-oriented. We can't do blood pressures or neuro tests, things we should be able to do. They are going for the "hotel" look and feel. With that being said, it is extremely clean and the residents are awesome. I would recommend this place for my friends to work. Management is a revolving door because it is hard to find good people that will work for not-so-much money.
Pros
Job security, free lunches, advancement
Cons
Coworkers love to call off
Not the best atmosphere
associate (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJanuary 3, 2016
I wouldn't entirely recommend working here. Compensation is good but not worth the stress and negativity. Residents are the reason you get up and go to work every morning but some of the leadership team is not the greatest.
Pros
Meals provided & the joy of working with seniors
Cons
Not the greatest teamwork.
it's always productive and fun to do what you love.
Atria Crossgates Assistant Living (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 29, 2016
a typical day consist of me passing medication to the residents and putting a smile on their face. Working at Atria Senior Living is one of the best thing i got the opportunity to meet many wonderful residents and families. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a smile on the residents and the hardest part about my job is when a resident is sick and had to be taken to the hospital and when they die.
Pros
they give free lunch, it is good place to work.
Cons
the supervisors don't listen to the residents and the supervisor is not working with the workers.
Banquets/waitstaff (Current Employee) –  Tarzana, CAFebruary 29, 2016
Video conference meetings to evaluate,summarize and resolve problematic fulfillment issues Manage and process tickets/shipments for worldwide sports and entertainment venues Generate packing slips (Fedex,UPS,DHL) and ensure/verify ticket inventory request Monitor corporate fulfillment queues and record daily metrics in admin
Pros
worldwide tickets going to venues
Cons
sorting
Great Company to work for!
Care Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, RIJanuary 28, 2016
Hours are great mom working hours, staff and management are very friendly. The resident's are very welcoming. Work load is fair. Enjoyed working with the residents
Productive and fun workplace
Resident Medication Assistant (Current Employee) –  Briarcliff Manor, NYOctober 25, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management.
Not all about the numbers but how you grow and develop.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
There is a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Healthcare
It's a facility
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAMay 12, 2015
Very hard on you physically and mentally. I was capable of being used for much more than hired for, no room for advancement. Management is solely focused on quantity not quality and it shows. The hardest part of the job was the care that patients/residents received. Quiet the show is put on when family members are around or a new resident is moving in, very inexperienced caregivers and medication techs, very low pay and should only hire CNA or LVN, possibly people with more education in medical field. Most enjoyable part of the job the residents.
Pros
residents
Cons
everything but the residents