Atria Senior Living Group Employee Reviews

nice place to work
Concierge (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 29, 2016
Greeting guests, managing phones, file updating, helping residents
Management was easy to communicate with
Coworkers were great
the hardest part of the job was when a resident passed away
the most enjoyable part of the job was creating friendships with the residents
Pros
free lunches, relationships with residents
Cons
work hours short
Great Company to work for!
Care Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, RIJanuary 28, 2016
Hours are great mom working hours, staff and management are very friendly. The resident's are very welcoming. Work load is fair. Enjoyed working with the residents
good company, not for me
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYJanuary 26, 2016
I came in thinking i was really going to help people but instead realized this is just like any other company that is all about money and looking good for corporate. upper management doesnt seem to care too much about employees. The residents are great. but sales is taking in too many people who need too much care that Atria cannot provide and its too much work for the employees.There is no possibility for advancement.

most other employees are great we all get along but there are some who do not care about the residents well being at all and they end up being the supervisors "favorites"

Atria's main goal is to provide quality living for seniors. I truly believe thats what the company stands for, however they need to understand that in order to provide quality care, they need to be able to pay employees enough to do the amount of work they have us doing
Pros
provide lunch, and competitive benefits
Cons
no advancement possibilities
Not the best atmosphere
associate (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJanuary 3, 2016
I wouldn't entirely recommend working here. Compensation is good but not worth the stress and negativity. Residents are the reason you get up and go to work every morning but some of the leadership team is not the greatest.
Pros
Meals provided & the joy of working with seniors
Cons
Not the greatest teamwork.
Good Work environment to be around
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lynbrook, NYDecember 8, 2015
Fun work place to be in even for maintenance. Everyone is so nice and they really take care of you there. Its like a second home for some or the only home. Everytime you go to work there is just so much happiness and good work environment.
workplace
Senior Living (Former Employee) –  Andover, MANovember 29, 2015
Typical day at work it all depends who you work with that day
I have learned how to communication more with others
my coworkers some are friendly
hardest part of the job is when people called and you have to do your work and others
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare breaks
Best work environment to work
Sales Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach,VANovember 11, 2015
As a Director of Sales for this Community in the eastern territory I loved working and evaluating the elderly and assisting families to place their loved one in an excellent Community as Atria in Virginia Beach, VA. It was all about the numbers but I didn't mind that at all.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
when the Company merged they changed Regionals 5 times
Very demanding, pulling in several directions, constant deadlines
Maintenance Director (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 10, 2015
Review priorities for the day with ED and Sales. Review emails from upper mgmt, review building and equipment concerns. Set daily priorities for Maint and HK. Perform resident, manager requirements. Work on paperwork at home.
I have learned the skills to bring a highly regulated industry building up to all the requirements for State, City, National and local management. How to relate to Residents and employees to develop relationships.
The local management was eratic and inconsiderate of other requirements. The national management kept adding requirements with a general expectation of 16 to 18 hours daily/weekly. In a job that was originally 40 hours per week.
The other Managers and employees could be a saving grace in any day.
The most enjoyable part of my job was accomplishing personal goals dispite distractions.
It was a great experience and I felt like everyone there had my back and was truly another family of mine.
Wait-Staff (Former Employee) –  Covina, CANovember 10, 2015
Working with the elderly gave me peace of mind and was actually a blessing to be getting all the teachings in the world by them. I truly have a place in my heart for everyone there, sometimes I wonder how everyone is doing, and miss the place., I am blessed to have ever worked there.
Fast paced and productive workplace
Wait Staff (Current Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYNovember 10, 2015
The most enjoyable part of working at Atria is interacting with the residents and learning about the different characteristics that make each one of them unique. In a typical day at work, there is a team approach to all of the services rendered which is reinforced by daily meetings with all staff members.
A day on the job.
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 9, 2015
On a typical day do my inventory help on the line.Meet with some of the residence who have any special dietary needs or any changes to any menu item.
There is no growth in terms employee promotion
Place - Resident Care Associate (Current Employee) –  CTOctober 31, 2015
I start work at 6am and sometimes at 2pm. I have learnt to stay focus on my job and mind my own business. Management is great and I know that they cannot always satisfy everybody's needs. My co- workers support each other and there is great team work. The hardest part of the job is working short without finding coverage for the entire shift. The most enjoyable part is that we respect each other and there is solidarity amongst staff members including management plus management is approachable.
Pros
Free lunch, staff appreciation by managers
Cons
luch break
Productive and fun workplace
Resident Medication Assistant (Current Employee) –  Briarcliff Manor, NYOctober 25, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management.
Not all about the numbers but how you grow and develop.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
There is a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Healthcare
excellent place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDOctober 25, 2015
management excellent . great place to wor. would recommend ths place for worng. co worers are great and helpful. you only gve out medicaton.
Fun and friendly environment
INTERNSHIP IN HOSPITALITY (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 13, 2015
I learned how take care of others before me, hospitality is not just about work, it is a living and culture. I loved teaching seniors basic computer skills and doing crafts together.
Not a great place, could be better
Life Guidance Director (Current Employee) –  Pacific Palisades, CAOctober 12, 2015
It has potential but long work hours, low compensation and a generally lack of competent management creates a whole host of issues.
Pros
Free lunch/food
Cons
They have a poor company culture
Fast pace,intense emotional environment, nice big company.
Maintenance Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 11, 2015
checking all lighting in the building,checking main water heater and temperature,collecting work order from the front desk,helping elderly people to move in & Out.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
low pay and intense sad situations to work around
Beautiful atmosphere with Caring Staff
Life Guidance Program Director (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 11, 2015
Intention to provide 5 Star exceptional service falls short due to under staffing and budget - demands on staff does not afford the time to assist/attend to all residents safely.
Pros
Wonderful Seniors/Families/Dedicated Staff
Cons
Poor work-life balance due to demands/understaffing due to budget
run
CHEF SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Malden, MAOctober 4, 2015
lack of good employees no one is a team player with exception of a few people to much micro management, company heath insurance is a joke
Good company with growing pains
National Security Director (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 1, 2015
Feel like the management infrastructure does not align properly. Position I was hired into wasn't utilized in manner it should.