Atria Senior Living Group

Atria Senior Living Group Employer Reviews

I enjoy the residents but not all staff
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Stamford, CTMarch 27, 2015
Pros: i like my coworkers/cna's
Cons: Management is bad
I learned that management here doesnt care much for there workers. A day at atria can be challenging be cause when you have a problem you cant report to managers due to attitudes. My coworkers are nice and friendly. The hardest part of the job is dealing with made up rules by management when they werent in place when I started. The best part of my day on the job is seeing my residents happy after I help them get ready for there day.
difficult
LPN (Former Employee), Bay Shore, NYMarch 24, 2015
a lot of times you are on your own without the support of directors. theres minimal staff with minimal pay working with a great number of sweet but difficult residents.
Great company, Great benifits
Receptionist, Caregiver (Former Employee), Reno, NVMarch 23, 2015
Pros: paid meals, great benifits, room to grow in company
Cons: poor communication
Working with the elderly is so rewarding. I enjoyed it. I have learned so much such as becoming a med-tech. I have also learned how to become a receptionist. My co-workers were easy to work with. Great environment. Management never really communicated with employees beside doing stand up meeting. I think it would have been better if management were on the floor with us. other than that it was a great job and I enjoyed it.
Productive and fun environment.
Dish Washer (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAMarch 16, 2015
It was an okay job, I just wanted something to better myself. The workers were all nice, my days usually went by fast, I enjoyed being able to work at my own pace and still be active enough to get my work done early.
learning experience
Wait staff (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: hearing olld stories from the past
Cons: when the schedule would change without me being informed
A typical day at work consisted of me feeding the elderly and cleaning up after them. I would sometimes sit and talk with them about the past and learn from them. Management was on but it came a time when the schedule would change and I would not be informed. So I would come in at the wrong time or the wrong day. My co workers were nice. We all got along and worked as a team when it came time to get things together for the next shift. To me there was never really a hard part. There may have been rude residents but it was nothing I couldn't handle
overall a wonderful place to work
Assistant Recreation Coordinator (Former Employee), Riverdale, NYMarch 9, 2015
I believe Atria to be a very good company, and I would recommend it
to others. I really enjoyed working with the staff, and the residents were friendly and enjoyed taking part in activities.
Wonderful company to work for
Engage Life Director (Current Employee), Roslyn, NYFebruary 22, 2015
I enjoy working at Atria on Roslyn Harbor. My fellow team members are hard working and helpful and my Executive Director is extremely supportive.
Great place to work!
Community Business Director (Current Employee), TexasFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: free lunches, benefits
Atria is a great place to live and work! They really care about all of their residents and the employees that take of them.
nice place
Assistant Dietary Manager (Former Employee), lantana flFebruary 20, 2015
The nursing home is a nice place to work and you get to meet new people all the time. You also get a lot of knowledge from some of the people that live there.
dont work here
Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Guilderland, NYFebruary 12, 2015
plays favorite and doesnt pay well.. poor working conditions never have the stuff u need to be sucessful. benefits arent that great and actually really poor
Fun and creative
Life Guidance Director (Current Employee), Novato, CAFebruary 7, 2015
Review with the staff in the morning what is expected today.
See what tours I may have or resident assessment that may be do.
Make sure daily programing is going on.
Deal with any issues with residents and or family members.
great place to work
wait staff (Current Employee), briarcliff NYFebruary 2, 2015
its a very welcoming company that makes you feel at home, they treat their employees like family, that is one of the things i like about working there.
i enjoyed the staff and the patients i woorked with. I enjoyed my job to the fullest.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Darien, CTJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: holiday parties, staff were great.
Cons: change of owners, not enough hours.
The hardest part of my job was the constant change of owners and. I learned to accept change and make the best of it and continue to assist the residents the best that I can.
Residents are amazing and fun to work with/talk to
Receptionist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2015
-a typical day consists of answering/directing phone calls
-organizing mail
-filing proper paperwork
-I learned plenty from residents (lives, experiences, etc)
-management is always rocky and hardly balanced
-I've gone through three directors in just the time I've been here
-I've noticed the director now will stop at nothing to get it her way
-Coworkers generally are great to work it specifically my admin team
-Most workers stick by each other specially when managers look down at us
-Hardest part about my job is only being able to do so much for a resident while others won't even listen
-Best part about my job is getting to know the residents and being able to place a smile on their face with even the smallest detail
Truly Loved this Job and Company
Executive Director/Marketing Leader (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2015
Cons: had to move back to the carolina's; parent feel ill, brother passed away
Worked with seniors and marketing. Was the Executive Director and worked with a great company.
Cons: had to move back to the carolina's; parent feel ill, brother passed away
Not the place to work if you want to advance in your career
Resident Medication Assistant (Current Employee), Marietta, GAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: working with the residents
Cons: upper management and directors
Pay very little for the demanding job that is asked of you. You pass meds, do care, do laundry, do waitress work, wash dishes and bus tables all for 10 bucks an hour!! You get nowhere in this company if one director does not like you. The schedule is horrible. Short staffed and when you call the director who made the schedule you get " I am really sorry" and no help getting anyone to come in. Med techs if short will have to do meds on both sides while doing their regular duties as stated above. Directors NEVER want to come on the floor to help unless QE or State are there.
Dining Room Server
Server (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 2, 2015
Working for this company is a fast paced company. Working with the elderly is fun and interesting. There is different activities for the elderly and dinner services for their family as well.
Productive and pleasant workplace
Receptionist - Concierge (Current Employee), Slingerlands, NYDecember 18, 2014
I just started not to long ago, just to gain experience with a front desk position. The people and residents that are there are so lovely, they have helped me every step of the way.

1 2 3 4 5

About Atria Senior Living Group

Atria Senior Living is breathing new life as a senior living management company. It was formed in 2011 as a spinoff of Atria Senior – Read more

Atria Senior Living Group Salaries