Atria Senior Living Group Employee Reviews

I only miss the residents and certain coworkers.
Resident Medication Assistant/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLSeptember 23, 2016
After a while, I disliked having to go to work. Knowing and witnessing the truth behind the company. Resident's that needed more care were in the wrong part of the facility or did not belong there at all. Not just resident's but employees too were also being mistreated and dismissed. Favoritism and laziness were big uses for me. The company is about the money and that is it.
Pros
The residents.
Cons
The company.
Challenging but worth it
Director (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 21, 2016
As someone who works well under pressure and deadlines - Atria is a wonderful place to have a career. It takes extreme dedication and hard work to be an Atria manager. The expectations are extremely high, there isn't a lot of room for excuses of why something wasn't done and the hours are long. If you can handle those stipulations and not grumble, you will be okay and do well in your role. If that does not appeal to you, under no circumstance will you succeed at Atria.

The residents and team members become family because let's face it - we spend a lot of time there! We do our best to foster a welcoming environment.

I will always "go to bat" for Atria. It's somewhere that high performers can do well if they can roll with the punches of a for profit corporation.
Pros
Paid time off plans, flexible schedules
Friendly and fun work place
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NYSeptember 13, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at Atria. There were a lot of relationships built between the staff and the residents. It was a beautiful warm job, made me feel like we all were one big happy family.
Good Company
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 11, 2016
Enjoyed 10 years with company. Worked hard in this position and was not well compensated for the loyalty and time I committed to them. Large corporation with its challenges, but rewards.
Poor work atmosphere
Certified Medication Technician/CNA (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PASeptember 10, 2016
Poor management EXTREMELY HIGH TURNOVER RATE!!!! Low wages, no appreciation for hard work done, no support or back up from management, some people in mgmt make no effort to even learn your name so during tours your referred to by the color of your shirt.....mgmt has no medical background so they have no clue what you go through day by day trying to get things done. But due to literally having no staff they throw on the phony fake were a team attitude and shirt, with a let me get through it, to make it look good and get out of here attitude. Staff has lost motivation, confidence, and tolerance. Not enough staff to care for the residents. Residents there are all not appropriate. Some like me feel retaliation for going per diem after being FT making work uncomfortable at times.
Pros
Great residents
Cons
Extremely poor management, No staff
Productive work enviornment
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYSeptember 1, 2016
Loved working there but the hour changes to my schedule were the reason I couldn't stay on. Lovely community. Many activities for the residents to take part in.
Great place to work if you like helping others
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, RIAugust 23, 2016
This job did not come without its challenges but is overall very rewarding in the long run. Most of the residents are extremely caring and are interested in your personal life. Overall the management does its best to accomodate you and recognized hard work. As a first job this place has taught me a lot.
Pros
Free lunches, family environment, great people
Cons
Some tough residents, strict guidelines
productive and very busy environment
Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 22, 2016
I learned so much about different medications, I learned how to communicate with the doctors. I love working with elderly. They make our job more fun and enjoyable. My employers are great and very knowledgeable about our work.
Productive Work place.
Dinning Hall- Server (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTAugust 6, 2016
Always have people that live to come in to work with smiles. The elderly people were happy most of the times. The work place was always clean and neat. Easy place to start your first job.
Love working there!
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Lantana, FLAugust 1, 2016
Very nice place,lovely people. They appreciate there staff, But could pay kitchen staff more. So far the residents are happy,because we treat them like family and they love they way we treat them. I find nothing to hard to do. It's my pleasure working for Atria meridian! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
Fast learning work place
Life Guidance Resident Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 27, 2016
I've learned that you have to take special care of the elderly just like with children. I've gained patience and a new found respect for CNA's.
Taking care of the elderly
Elder Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Newburyport, MAJuly 26, 2016
I was a private caregiver for an elderly woman with whom I cared for at the beginning at her home, along with her husband. Her husband had passed and she was placed in the care of Atria along with myself caring for her while she was there.
Pros
Interacting with the patients and making them laugh
Cons
there were never any cookies left when i would get there
heathcare
CMA (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 21, 2016
its ok they can have better management and better staff I really whish they would take the time out and address some of the concern with that place and what actually goes on in there sometime I wonder is has worst the residents or staff
Pros
ok
Cons
tired
atria harborhill
CMT/CNA (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIJuly 16, 2016
is not a bad work place, but they have to work more in management and coworkers. there is not respect or privacy regarding the staff nad some of the residents. if atria put an effort on hiring the right peopple and not just taking in whoever this place would be the perfect place to work.
amazing
Wait Staff/Cook (Current Employee) –  Great Neck, NYJuly 15, 2016
I cannot believe there is an employer out there like this. It is a positive, encouraging environment. There is a balance between a friendly environment and having respect for management. Opportunity for growth, long term career. Although the pay could be a lot better.
Best company
Resident Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJune 22, 2016
I employed with Atria in June of 2011. By far one of the best companies I worked for. I was promoted to Resident Service Coordinator ( Admissions), and worked under the director. The company does a lot for their employees. I worked in a very fast pace office and I loved it. All of the employees are very friendly, and work as a team.
Nursing
Certified Nurse Aide / Certified Med Tech (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PA 19460June 21, 2016
I enjoyed most of my time at this employer. I still plan to keep myself on as a per diem employee. Unfortunately there have been several changes in recent management and there has been a total lack of accountability towards certain staff members. I have had some personal issues as a result of my departure as a full time employee.
Don't let the way this place looks fool you
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 18, 2016
I've been at Atria for one year , at first it was great ! Until management came and went like a revolving door! Management don't care about anything but the money! Care staff are overlooked , disrespected and worked like slaves ! Too much work not enough pay ! The company sales families unrealistic expectations leaving employees looked down on and put in awkward situations. Executive directors have favorites ! Not worth you time or energy !
Pros
Set hours, beautiful place to work
Cons
Poor judgement, lack of acknowledgment, degrading
Review
Wait Staff (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAJune 8, 2016
Over all my past jobs have been pretty easy. I learn pretty fast and I can adjust to situations quickly. I loved every single one of them and I am looking forward to expanding and applying my skills in new work areas. I am easy to get along with. I like getting along with coworkers.
Pros
free lunches have always been a pro
Cons
management at some of my jobs hasn't been as good as it should be.
Typical day on my job
Life Guidance Director (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLMay 31, 2016
I go in around 830 get the out of house list of residents ready and printed off for morning meeting. I also pull the lifeline alert notices. I go to meeting we discuss who is coming in our community and then go to med tech office sign off on communication book pick up any incident reports and look over MORS and new orders. Make sure we have all the medications that is needed and then go to office and handle any paperwork or calls or emails or texts that need to be address. Do walk around community to make sure residents and co workers are ok and enjoying the activity for the time. I have learned that not every day is the same and to prioritize the concerns of the day and take it one step at a time. My enjoy my co workers, I respect them and in return they show me respect. Hardest part of my job is when a resident passes or we can no longer meet their needs and they have to go to another facility. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know the residents and families and seeing them smile or when you know they have full trust in you and know they will be taken care of .
Pros
free lunches, parties that we have to win big prizes
Cons
sometimes its the long hours

2.9