Atria Senior Living Group Employee Reviews

Best company!
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 18, 2016
Amazing company. Proud to be a part of the Atria team!
Supportive management team and strong solid culture. Team passionate about what we do. Provides the best service and care in the industry.
Poor Leadership
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 11, 2016
This company does not care about their employees. Leadership claims they care about employees because they are their "greatest asset" but it's not true. When serous issues, such as bullying are reported to HR, absolutely nothing is done when you are told that your concerns matter and will be followed up on. Money is all that matters. Employees do not. It's sad to say after being with a company for 6 years I left because the toxic environment was just too much to take anymore.
productive environment but bad management
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MINovember 8, 2016
i only stayed there for 4 months. being a housekeeper isn't that bad, I liked being around the seniors, but I disapproved of my boss..

true we got lunch every day , so that's a nice perk. and occasionally, our director would throw us an employee party.

biggest problem: not allowed to take breaks, except for lunch. my feet hurt after 7 hours of work, so I don't understand why I couldn't take a break.

full time is anywhere between 35-39 hours a week, anything over 40 hours , your supervisor gets in trouble.
Pros
free lunch every day, a menu to choose from, morning shift
Cons
not good benefits, constant riducule about taking breaks, not enough PPE
Productive work and a sense of belonging environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 26, 2016
When I arrived at work I had to clock in and start on my before jobs. Depending on what section I was on, I would either make salads and fruit bowls, serve up dressing, cut up dessert, and fold napkins. Once residents came down for dinner, each server took drink and food orders for the tables in their section and took the order back to the kitchen. Once the order was ready for a specific resident, you took it out to their table. After a resident was finished with their main plate, they usually got dessert. Once the residents were completely finished and leaving their table, we were allowed to clear off their table and start wiping down. Once all of the residents left the dining area, we began our after jobs. These could include washing dishes, cleaning the front line, vacuuming, and setting up tables with glasses and silverware. Once that was all finished we made sure the rest of the kitchen was clean, took out the trash, and took out the linen. Before we left the building we clocked out of our shift.
Staff dies here! Stay away!
Server (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 24, 2016
I watched our head chef work so hard to please our tyrant executive director the guy died in his office. They overwork and understaff. The ED is rude and unprofessional, loves to gossip but nothing will happen because management doesn't care.
Pros
Fellow regular employees
Cons
Executive Director/management
Worst management no respect employees and residents
Staff (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAOctober 21, 2016
For years Knowing and witnessing the truth behind the company. Resident's that needed more care were in the wrong part of the facility or did not belong there at all. Not just resident's but employees too, were also being mistreated and dismissed. The company is about the money and that is it. Poor management EXTREMELY HIGH TURNOVER RATE it's a big game!!!! no appreciation for hard work done, no support or back up from management, They roll their eyes, talk behind your back and don't support you when you need them. They pretend to welcome you to the team and rather than develop you they threaten you and fire you. They have no careknowledge so that they have no clue what you go through day by day trying to get things done and done right. But due to literally having no staff they throw on the phony fake were a team attitude and shirt, with a let you get through it, to make it look good and get out of here attitude. Staff has lost motivation, confidence, and tolerance. No one relly care for the residents. Some like me feel retaliation for going per diem after being FT making work uncomfortable at times.

Unfortunately, the old people suffer because I'm sure they'd like to see a solid team. There are Atria communities that advertise for months to get a some Directors /or ED after firing the ones in place. They have absolutely no value for good, hard working people.

The company is about the money and that is it.
Pros
Employee
My day was very productive and helping the residents
Server (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 18, 2016
My typical day at work I would serve the residents lunch and I would take there order and after they were done I would clean up after and reset there tables I then I would clean up the kitchen sweep and keep the dinning room clean fold napkins stock the country kitchen with snacks drinks and ice then I would get dinner ready prepared the salad bar and cut the dessert and fill up ice water and hot water and coffee and I got a lot very well with the staff and I got along very well with residents as well
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Very short on stuff
I only miss the residents and certain coworkers.
Resident Medication Assistant/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLSeptember 23, 2016
After a while, I disliked having to go to work. Knowing and witnessing the truth behind the company. Resident's that needed more care were in the wrong part of the facility or did not belong there at all. Not just resident's but employees too were also being mistreated and dismissed. Favoritism and laziness were big uses for me. The company is about the money and that is it.
Pros
The residents.
Cons
The company.
Limited opportunuties for advancement
Resident services director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2016
I have learned a lot while working at this company and have had opportunities to travel and assist at sister communities in and out of the state of Texas. I have had the opportunity to train onboarding nurses and also the opportunity to help troubleshoot problems in communities.
Challenging but worth it
Director (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 21, 2016
As someone who works well under pressure and deadlines - Atria is a wonderful place to have a career. It takes extreme dedication and hard work to be an Atria manager. The expectations are extremely high, there isn't a lot of room for excuses of why something wasn't done and the hours are long. If you can handle those stipulations and not grumble, you will be okay and do well in your role. If that does not appeal to you, under no circumstance will you succeed at Atria.

The residents and team members become family because let's face it - we spend a lot of time there! We do our best to foster a welcoming environment.

I will always "go to bat" for Atria. It's somewhere that high performers can do well if they can roll with the punches of a for profit corporation.
Pros
Paid time off plans, flexible schedules
Friendly and fun work place
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NYSeptember 13, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at Atria. There were a lot of relationships built between the staff and the residents. It was a beautiful warm job, made me feel like we all were one big happy family.
Good Company
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 11, 2016
Enjoyed 10 years with company. Worked hard in this position and was not well compensated for the loyalty and time I committed to them. Large corporation with its challenges, but rewards.
Poor work atmosphere
Certified Medication Technician/CNA (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PASeptember 10, 2016
Poor management EXTREMELY HIGH TURNOVER RATE!!!! Low wages, no appreciation for hard work done, no support or back up from management, some people in mgmt make no effort to even learn your name so during tours your referred to by the color of your shirt.....mgmt has no medical background so they have no clue what you go through day by day trying to get things done. But due to literally having no staff they throw on the phony fake were a team attitude and shirt, with a let me get through it, to make it look good and get out of here attitude. Staff has lost motivation, confidence, and tolerance. Not enough staff to care for the residents. Residents there are all not appropriate. Some like me feel retaliation for going per diem after being FT making work uncomfortable at times.
Pros
Great residents
Cons
Extremely poor management, No staff
Productive work enviornment
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYSeptember 1, 2016
Loved working there but the hour changes to my schedule were the reason I couldn't stay on. Lovely community. Many activities for the residents to take part in.
Great place to work if you like helping others
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, RIAugust 23, 2016
This job did not come without its challenges but is overall very rewarding in the long run. Most of the residents are extremely caring and are interested in your personal life. Overall the management does its best to accomodate you and recognized hard work. As a first job this place has taught me a lot.
Pros
Free lunches, family environment, great people
Cons
Some tough residents, strict guidelines
productive and very busy environment
Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 22, 2016
I learned so much about different medications, I learned how to communicate with the doctors. I love working with elderly. They make our job more fun and enjoyable. My employers are great and very knowledgeable about our work.
Productive Work place.
Dinning Hall- Server (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTAugust 6, 2016
Always have people that live to come in to work with smiles. The elderly people were happy most of the times. The work place was always clean and neat. Easy place to start your first job.
Love working there!
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Lantana, FLAugust 1, 2016
Very nice place,lovely people. They appreciate there staff, But could pay kitchen staff more. So far the residents are happy,because we treat them like family and they love they way we treat them. I find nothing to hard to do. It's my pleasure working for Atria meridian! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
Fast learning work place
Life Guidance Resident Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 27, 2016
I've learned that you have to take special care of the elderly just like with children. I've gained patience and a new found respect for CNA's.
Taking care of the elderly
Elder Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Newburyport, MAJuly 26, 2016
I was a private caregiver for an elderly woman with whom I cared for at the beginning at her home, along with her husband. Her husband had passed and she was placed in the care of Atria along with myself caring for her while she was there.
Pros
Interacting with the patients and making them laugh
Cons
there were never any cookies left when i would get there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atria Senior Living Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9