Atria Senior Living Group

Atria Senior Living Group Employee Reviews

Good place to start
Director of Food and Beverage (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 22, 2015
Atria was a good place to learn the industry but over all a little out dated and stuck in the past.I did enjoy my time there.
Certified Medication Technician (Current Employee), 10 jackson drive , CranfordJuly 21, 2015
working with this company has brought me so much joy and experience. there is great team work and great support. Have great working relationship with all staff.
The Residents
Community Sales Director (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: the residents and frontline staff
Cons: leadership
Working with the residents was the best part because you were providing their final home with amazing amenities. The frontline staff was amazing and truly cared about the residents and their jobs. We were all like family.
Atria does care about the residents. Takes good care of line staff
Atria Senior Living (Former Employee), Spring Hill, FLJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Takes good care of line staff
Cons: alot of paperwork
Atria was a great place to work. Atria takes care of line staff.
The only con is managers need more training.
I would like to have seen more staff in care, but residents were taken
care of very well.
Corporate Beatdown
Regional (Former Employee), WesternJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Working with Seniors and many good employees
Cons: Greedy Corporate Disconnect
I left Atria about a year ago and was so happy to leave. Work/Life balance is non-existent. I was part of a Regional Team and felt very bad for the property level employees. I tried to buffer the demands and politics from the Kentucky Corp office as much as possible. It was obvious the highly paid and highly incentivized suits in KY had no concept of what the employee demands were. They had no understanding of priorities. They only cared about revenue and personal bonuses. I witnessed residents in communities in unsanitary conditions, but instead of moving them out to a nursing care facility, they would keep them as long as possible to help meet sales / census goals. When interviewed, I was sold on such a great company culture, vision statement, etc., but once past my orientation I never heard of that stuff again. The mantra was "It is what it. Is". I will tell you, it is what it shouldn't be.
Different culture, resident focus
Executive Director (Current Employee), Temecula, CAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: being with residents everyday, making a sale!
Cons: can be very long hours at times
Meet with managers and sales to discuss day and events. Tour community and touch base with residents. Resolve any outstanding issue's.
Best part of day is loving on the residents and working with my team Least favorite part of the day is collections or having unhappy clients.
Productive fast paced environment
Dining Room Coordinator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Yes we ate for free and were able to take leftover food as was.
Cons: As a employer management did not work together as a team. To promote a positive work environment.
I am very customer oriented . The most enjoyable part of my day was interacting with all of the residence . I loved listening to their stories and their adventures. I've learned so much from them as well.
The hardest part of this job was when a resident passes. For myself this was very difficult, i became so close to them, they are like family.
Many years of Human Resources, management, project management and operations management
Human Resource Project Manager (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 29, 2015
I have the "Can Do" attitude that likes lots of responsibility and to manage different things. I have the ability to work with all levels of management and I produce results.

I've learned everyone has different styles and you need to adapt to their personality and traits.

Most enjoyable part of the job is helping others and coaching. I like to be a decision maker and get things done.
Friendly and clean place to work
Resident Medication Assistant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 28, 2015
Pros: Job security, free lunches, advancement
Cons: Coworkers love to call off
It is different than most personal care homes because it is not medical-oriented. We can't do blood pressures or neuro tests, things we should be able to do. They are going for the "hotel" look and feel. With that being said, it is extremely clean and the residents are awesome. I would recommend this place for my friends to work. Management is a revolving door because it is hard to find good people that will work for not-so-much money.
Fun and exciting place to work!
Engage Life Director (Former Employee), Reno, NVJune 26, 2015
Working with seniors is both fun and rewarding. Atria Summit Ridge provided a fun, safe, and beautiful environment for both the employees and the residents.
Over worked and under paid
Cna (Current Employee), Waterford, CTJune 8, 2015
Pros: Residents
Cons: Supervisors, schedules, Kristin
All this company cares about is money. They over work you and still complain. When you try to call out they give you a hard time or they say your not allowed to call out and act like you did a no call no show. They care about money and that's it. Half of their residents belong in a nursing home not assisted living. They keep them there just to get their money. Which in the end hurts the resident. Such a ridiculous place to work. They have verbally abusive CNAs there and when you report them they don't do anything about it. They allow them to treat the residents horribly.. It's crazy.
Hardwork
Waiter (Current Employee), Stamford, CTMay 25, 2015
The pay rate is okay. the job is a lot of work because of the resident to workers ratio. the workers are usually overwork and sometimes ends up leaving with sweat and pain
It's a facility
Residential Aide (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAMay 12, 2015
Pros: residents
Cons: everything but the residents
Very hard on you physically and mentally. I was capable of being used for much more than hired for, no room for advancement. Management is solely focused on quantity not quality and it shows. The hardest part of the job was the care that patients/residents received. Quiet the show is put on when family members are around or a new resident is moving in, very inexperienced caregivers and medication techs, very low pay and should only hire CNA or LVN, possibly people with more education in medical field. Most enjoyable part of the job the residents.
Fun but hard work
Server (Former Employee), PittsburghMay 6, 2015
Working for this job was a challenge because during the baseball season it could get a little crazy. I really enjoyed serving there and made some nice tips when is was busy,
Fun envirment, great food and staff.
Atria Senior (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 6, 2015
Typical day included assisting with ADL's and with medication administration,
I learned to take a day at a time and enjoy each moment.
Coworkers and manangers were very kind and professional.
Hardest part of my job was to see patients suffering from Dementia and watching them die.
Best part of my job was to participate in activities with the residents and be there for them when they needed.
Hardworking Place
Waitress (Former Employee), Malden,MAMay 5, 2015
Pros: Staff
Cons: Management
A typical day would be helping out the residents with their food orders and making sure it came out on time. Learned to be time efficient and to love the job you're working.
Busy Place
Waitstaff/Dishwasher (Current Employee), Rocky Hill, CTMay 5, 2015
While my boss and co-workers are wonderful, Atria struggles to have a good work-life balance. I am constantly working hard but feel as if I am getting underpaid for such hard work.
One of the better companies in senior healthcare
Community Sales Director (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXApril 30, 2015
It has a lot of opportunities for growth as one of the larger companies. If you are looking for options to move in the US there are communities through the US to further your career.
good company on paper. bad place to work in real life.
kitchen (Current Employee), Irvine, CaliforniaApril 28, 2015
Pros: free lunch but you can't get it until after your lunch break.
There is no support or back up of any employee at the local community. We work with long hours and impatient staff. There are many things to hope for like stay five years and you get a bonus check. Workers tend to gossip.
A healthy workplace environment!
CSD (Current Employee), Stamford ConnecticutMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Great meals that are complimentary - at no cost to the employee.
I enjoy a balanced schedule between work and my personal life. I'm part of daily meetings with the team, that addresses all concerns with the building and residents. I have also recommended two personal friends and my brother to work at a Community.

1 2 3 4 5

About Atria Senior Living Group

Atria Senior Living is breathing new life as a senior living management company. It was formed in 2011 as a spinoff of Atria Senior – Read more

Atria Senior Living Group Salaries