Atria Senior Living Group Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work if you like helping others
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, RIAugust 23, 2016
This job did not come without its challenges but is overall very rewarding in the long run. Most of the residents are extremely caring and are interested in your personal life. Overall the management does its best to accomodate you and recognized hard work. As a first job this place has taught me a lot.
Pros
Free lunches, family environment, great people
Cons
Some tough residents, strict guidelines
Don't let the way this place looks fool you
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 18, 2016
I've been at Atria for one year , at first it was great ! Until management came and went like a revolving door! Management don't care about anything but the money! Care staff are overlooked , disrespected and worked like slaves ! Too much work not enough pay ! The company sales families unrealistic expectations leaving employees looked down on and put in awkward situations. Executive directors have favorites ! Not worth you time or energy !
Pros
Set hours, beautiful place to work
Cons
Poor judgement, lack of acknowledgment, degrading
Taking care of the elderly
Elder Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Newburyport, MAJuly 26, 2016
I was a private caregiver for an elderly woman with whom I cared for at the beginning at her home, along with her husband. Her husband had passed and she was placed in the care of Atria along with myself caring for her while she was there.
Pros
Interacting with the patients and making them laugh
Cons
there were never any cookies left when i would get there
Review
Wait Staff (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAJune 8, 2016
Over all my past jobs have been pretty easy. I learn pretty fast and I can adjust to situations quickly. I loved every single one of them and I am looking forward to expanding and applying my skills in new work areas. I am easy to get along with. I like getting along with coworkers.
Pros
free lunches have always been a pro
Cons
management at some of my jobs hasn't been as good as it should be.
Nursing
Certified Nurse Aide / Certified Med Tech (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PA 19460June 21, 2016
I enjoyed most of my time at this employer. I still plan to keep myself on as a per diem employee. Unfortunately there have been several changes in recent management and there has been a total lack of accountability towards certain staff members. I have had some personal issues as a result of my departure as a full time employee.
Best company
Resident Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJune 22, 2016
I employed with Atria in June of 2011. By far one of the best companies I worked for. I was promoted to Resident Service Coordinator ( Admissions), and worked under the director. The company does a lot for their employees. I worked in a very fast pace office and I loved it. All of the employees are very friendly, and work as a team.
Bad place
RSD (Former Employee) –  Willistown, PAMarch 26, 2016
This is the worst company I ever worked . Atria uses bait and switch tactics to lure new residents. The staff is not based on acuity.
The work life balance is impossible to achieve
Because the expectation from the upper management is absurd and they do not hold themselves to the same standard. The ED at Solana is ruthless and dishonest. When reported to HR the retaliation started and continued until I resigned . The residents will
Spend 10,000+ monthly on living here and will spend a hour waiting for breakfast .This company is a mess.. Please look past the beautiful buildings!
Pros
Free leftovers for day shift staff
Cons
Dishonest and uncaring about the residents
Fun place to work if you like to work with the elderly
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJApril 26, 2016
I loved working here, it was fun and fast paced and created challenges for me and that's what i loved about it. Pay is alright, but I got the chance to meet people that have so much history honestly the stories you hear from these elderly people are just amazing.
Pros
Free food during your shift
Cons
grouchy elderly people
Great place to be.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2016
Great place to be and work. Great bonding with my residents. Was really my second home. Work days were hectic but always had something to do and fun with my residents. Management always second guessed themselves. Co-workers were great to work with, we were a great team.
Pros
Stories everyday, lunches, free parking.
Cons
Management, shortage on supplies
Artria Senior Living Center
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COMarch 22, 2016
A typical day at work would good. working part time wasn't bad.
I learned to have patiences , before working at Atria, I wasn't very patient.
People I worked with worked with were ok. I was there to work and not make friends
Hardest part of the job for me, a person with dyslexia, was remembering orders and what residents names
i didn't really have an enjoyable parts of the job
Pros
Being able to help people out
Cons
staff
atria harborhill
CMT/CNA (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIJuly 16, 2016
is not a bad work place, but they have to work more in management and coworkers. there is not respect or privacy regarding the staff nad some of the residents. if atria put an effort on hiring the right peopple and not just taking in whoever this place would be the perfect place to work.
Love working there!
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Lantana, FLAugust 1, 2016
Very nice place,lovely people. They appreciate there staff, But could pay kitchen staff more. So far the residents are happy,because we treat them like family and they love they way we treat them. I find nothing to hard to do. It's my pleasure working for Atria meridian! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
amazing
Wait Staff/Cook (Current Employee) –  Great Neck, NYJuly 15, 2016
I cannot believe there is an employer out there like this. It is a positive, encouraging environment. There is a balance between a friendly environment and having respect for management. Opportunity for growth, long term career. Although the pay could be a lot better.
Banquets/waitstaff (Current Employee) –  Tarzana, CAFebruary 29, 2016
Video conference meetings to evaluate,summarize and resolve problematic fulfillment issues Manage and process tickets/shipments for worldwide sports and entertainment venues Generate packing slips (Fedex,UPS,DHL) and ensure/verify ticket inventory request Monitor corporate fulfillment queues and record daily metrics in admin
Pros
worldwide tickets going to venues
Cons
sorting
it's always productive and fun to do what you love.
Atria Crossgates Assistant Living (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 29, 2016
a typical day consist of me passing medication to the residents and putting a smile on their face. Working at Atria Senior Living is one of the best thing i got the opportunity to meet many wonderful residents and families. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a smile on the residents and the hardest part about my job is when a resident is sick and had to be taken to the hospital and when they die.
Pros
they give free lunch, it is good place to work.
Cons
the supervisors don't listen to the residents and the supervisor is not working with the workers.
Worst senior living company to work for!
Memory Care Director (Former Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 19, 2016
Unethical leadership! No work life/balance. You will be expected to be on call even during paid time off. All about sales and making as much money off seniors as possible not in it for the care and well being of seniors. Turn over rate of leadership very high. Atria should be shut down by the health department. False advertising of high levels of care and don't deliver due to lack of staffing or ability. Their benefits may seem impressive but don't be fooled it's not worth it !
Pros
Cons
The only thing this company cares about is getting money out of seniors, they do not care about the quality of service delivered or supporting families
heathcare
CMA (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 21, 2016
its ok they can have better management and better staff I really whish they would take the time out and address some of the concern with that place and what actually goes on in there sometime I wonder is has worst the residents or staff
Pros
ok
Cons
tired
Productive Work place.
Dinning Hall- Server (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTAugust 6, 2016
Always have people that live to come in to work with smiles. The elderly people were happy most of the times. The work place was always clean and neat. Easy place to start your first job.
its all a fasade
Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 16, 2016
not a place I would recommend. they do every thing under the table and if you have a problem or conflict with some one for get about getting its solved they make you feel like you have no rights and work you to death they are only in it for the head count
Has become the worst place to work and have your loved ones at!
Staff (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMay 31, 2016
Worst management, Will not help if short, no advancement allowed. Work you to death with little pay, worst place to work.
Pros
Wonderful residents
Cons
No managerial support

2.9