Atria Senior Living Group Employee Reviews

Its a healthy enviroment with lots of daily activities
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Lynbrook, NYDecember 27, 2016
A typical day for me is going to work ,getting my daily schedule and start doing the residents that needs to be done first to go for an early breakfast ,like dressing and showers, grooming. I learned the time frame to go to every individual ,the management is great you have to set a paste that you can work with and it becomes manageable .My
co-workers work as a team and if you need assistant they are always there. The hardest part of the job is getting to know the resident and what they like and prefer and once this is settle we work good together .The most enjoyable part of the job is when all the residents are down for their meals and no one is sick and have to be sent out to the hospital, this can be hectic at times.
Pros
we are entitle to a meal on every shift .
Cons
we have a fifteen minute break at ten fifteen AM and a half hour break on every shift.
productive environment but bad management
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MINovember 8, 2016
i only stayed there for 4 months. being a housekeeper isn't that bad, I liked being around the seniors, but I disapproved of my boss..

true we got lunch every day , so that's a nice perk. and occasionally, our director would throw us an employee party.

biggest problem: not allowed to take breaks, except for lunch. my feet hurt after 7 hours of work, so I don't understand why I couldn't take a break.

full time is anywhere between 35-39 hours a week, anything over 40 hours , your supervisor gets in trouble.
Pros
free lunch every day, a menu to choose from, morning shift
Cons
not good benefits, constant riducule about taking breaks, not enough PPE
Challenging but worth it
Director (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 21, 2016
As someone who works well under pressure and deadlines - Atria is a wonderful place to have a career. It takes extreme dedication and hard work to be an Atria manager. The expectations are extremely high, there isn't a lot of room for excuses of why something wasn't done and the hours are long. If you can handle those stipulations and not grumble, you will be okay and do well in your role. If that does not appeal to you, under no circumstance will you succeed at Atria.

The residents and team members become family because let's face it - we spend a lot of time there! We do our best to foster a welcoming environment.

I will always "go to bat" for Atria. It's somewhere that high performers can do well if they can roll with the punches of a for profit corporation.
Pros
Paid time off plans, flexible schedules
Best company!
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 18, 2016
Amazing company. Proud to be a part of the Atria team!
Supportive management team and strong solid culture. Team passionate about what we do. Provides the best service and care in the industry.
Poor work atmosphere
Certified Medication Technician/CNA (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PASeptember 10, 2016
Poor management EXTREMELY HIGH TURNOVER RATE!!!! Low wages, no appreciation for hard work done, no support or back up from management, some people in mgmt make no effort to even learn your name so during tours your referred to by the color of your shirt.....mgmt has no medical background so they have no clue what you go through day by day trying to get things done. But due to literally having no staff they throw on the phony fake were a team attitude and shirt, with a let me get through it, to make it look good and get out of here attitude. Staff has lost motivation, confidence, and tolerance. Not enough staff to care for the residents. Residents there are all not appropriate. Some like me feel retaliation for going per diem after being FT making work uncomfortable at times.
Pros
Great residents
Cons
Extremely poor management, No staff
Poor choice for new Executive Director
Kitchen staff (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 19, 2017
Wonderful hardworking staff, great team environment. The residents are wonderful and appreciate everything you do for them. Unfortunately very large turnover in management. Since I've been here there has been 3 Executive Directors and our newest one has already demoted existing employees, removed hard working employees to replace with friends and spoken disrespectfully to employees. Not sure I can stay much longer. Several employees are talking about leaving.
Pros
Residents
Cons
good company, not for me
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYJanuary 26, 2016
I came in thinking i was really going to help people but instead realized this is just like any other company that is all about money and looking good for corporate. upper management doesnt seem to care too much about employees. The residents are great. but sales is taking in too many people who need too much care that Atria cannot provide and its too much work for the employees.There is no possibility for advancement.

most other employees are great we all get along but there are some who do not care about the residents well being at all and they end up being the supervisors "favorites"

Atria's main goal is to provide quality living for seniors. I truly believe thats what the company stands for, however they need to understand that in order to provide quality care, they need to be able to pay employees enough to do the amount of work they have us doing
Pros
provide lunch, and competitive benefits
Cons
no advancement possibilities
amazing
Wait Staff/Cook (Current Employee) –  Great Neck, NYJuly 15, 2016
I cannot believe there is an employer out there like this. It is a positive, encouraging environment. There is a balance between a friendly environment and having respect for management. Opportunity for growth, long term career. Although the pay could be a lot better.
Bad place
RSD (Former Employee) –  Willistown, PAMarch 26, 2016
This is the worst company I ever worked . Atria uses bait and switch tactics to lure new residents. The staff is not based on acuity.
The work life balance is impossible to achieve
Because the expectation from the upper management is absurd and they do not hold themselves to the same standard. The ED at Solana is ruthless and dishonest. When reported to HR the retaliation started and continued until I resigned . The residents will
Spend 10,000+ monthly on living here and will spend a hour waiting for breakfast .This company is a mess.. Please look past the beautiful buildings!
Pros
Free leftovers for day shift staff
Cons
Dishonest and uncaring about the residents
Staff dies here! Stay away!
Server (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 24, 2016
I watched our head chef work so hard to please our tyrant executive director the guy died in his office. They overwork and understaff. The ED is rude and unprofessional, loves to gossip but nothing will happen because management doesn't care.
Pros
Fellow regular employees
Cons
Executive Director/management
working with residents
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 6, 2017
working with directly with the residents has its rewards. the office employees don't have time to help residents .they say its a close family work place . but its not. I wouldn't rcemend this job to any one
Pros
working with residents
Cons
management and matience bad
Great place to work if you like helping others
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, RIAugust 23, 2016
This job did not come without its challenges but is overall very rewarding in the long run. Most of the residents are extremely caring and are interested in your personal life. Overall the management does its best to accomodate you and recognized hard work. As a first job this place has taught me a lot.
Pros
Free lunches, family environment, great people
Cons
Some tough residents, strict guidelines
Worst senior living company to work for!
Memory Care Director (Former Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 19, 2016
Unethical leadership! No work life/balance. You will be expected to be on call even during paid time off. All about sales and making as much money off seniors as possible not in it for the care and well being of seniors. Turn over rate of leadership very high. Atria should be shut down by the health department. False advertising of high levels of care and don't deliver due to lack of staffing or ability. Their benefits may seem impressive but don't be fooled it's not worth it !
Pros
Cons
The only thing this company cares about is getting money out of seniors, they do not care about the quality of service delivered or supporting families
Bad management
RESIDENT SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CADecember 28, 2016
Great benefits, staff works as a team. Supervisor makes sure staff and patients are safe. Needs more staff. Always hiring. You must be able to lift over 100lbs.
Productive work and a sense of belonging environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 26, 2016
When I arrived at work I had to clock in and start on my before jobs. Depending on what section I was on, I would either make salads and fruit bowls, serve up dressing, cut up dessert, and fold napkins. Once residents came down for dinner, each server took drink and food orders for the tables in their section and took the order back to the kitchen. Once the order was ready for a specific resident, you took it out to their table. After a resident was finished with their main plate, they usually got dessert. Once the residents were completely finished and leaving their table, we were allowed to clear off their table and start wiping down. Once all of the residents left the dining area, we began our after jobs. These could include washing dishes, cleaning the front line, vacuuming, and setting up tables with glasses and silverware. Once that was all finished we made sure the rest of the kitchen was clean, took out the trash, and took out the linen. Before we left the building we clocked out of our shift.
Don't let the way this place looks fool you
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 18, 2016
I've been at Atria for one year , at first it was great ! Until management came and went like a revolving door! Management don't care about anything but the money! Care staff are overlooked , disrespected and worked like slaves ! Too much work not enough pay ! The company sales families unrealistic expectations leaving employees looked down on and put in awkward situations. Executive directors have favorites ! Not worth you time or energy !
Pros
Set hours, beautiful place to work
Cons
Poor judgement, lack of acknowledgment, degrading
Worst management no respect employees and residents
Staff (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAOctober 21, 2016
For years Knowing and witnessing the truth behind the company. Resident's that needed more care were in the wrong part of the facility or did not belong there at all. Not just resident's but employees too, were also being mistreated and dismissed. The company is about the money and that is it. Poor management EXTREMELY HIGH TURNOVER RATE it's a big game!!!! no appreciation for hard work done, no support or back up from management, They roll their eyes, talk behind your back and don't support you when you need them. They pretend to welcome you to the team and rather than develop you they threaten you and fire you. They have no careknowledge so that they have no clue what you go through day by day trying to get things done and done right. But due to literally having no staff they throw on the phony fake were a team attitude and shirt, with a let you get through it, to make it look good and get out of here attitude. Staff has lost motivation, confidence, and tolerance. No one relly care for the residents. Some like me feel retaliation for going per diem after being FT making work uncomfortable at times.

Unfortunately, the old people suffer because I'm sure they'd like to see a solid team. There are Atria communities that advertise for months to get a some Directors /or ED after firing the ones in place. They have absolutely no value for good, hard working people.

The company is about the money and that is it.
Pros
Employee
n/a
Assistant chef (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MADecember 15, 2016
it was fun place to work, all the employees were friendly with each other. base on the management they were excellent and they kept everything in order.
Has become the worst place to work and have your loved ones at!
Staff (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMay 31, 2016
Worst management, Will not help if short, no advancement allowed. Work you to death with little pay, worst place to work.
Pros
Wonderful residents
Cons
No managerial support
Poor Leadership
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 11, 2016
This company does not care about their employees. Leadership claims they care about employees because they are their "greatest asset" but it's not true. When serous issues, such as bullying are reported to HR, absolutely nothing is done when you are told that your concerns matter and will be followed up on. Money is all that matters. Employees do not. It's sad to say after being with a company for 6 years I left because the toxic environment was just too much to take anymore.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atria Senior Living Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9