Atria Senior Living Group Employee Reviews

I Loved my job and the envirment.
Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 15, 2017
A typical work day at Atria was very busy. I learned that every patient is different and should be treated as so. The hardest part is dealing with residents who have dementia and might be very aggressive. Some times they don't want to shower or eat and it could become very difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the resident comfortable and a smile on there faces.
Pros
helping others.
Cons
sometimes its hard to take a break, very hard on your body
Good Incentives for staff
Engage Life Director (Former Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJFebruary 17, 2017
Only company I've worked for that acknowledged my work ethic, management skills and creativity.I have to agree that this company puts in great efforts to train their staff in marketing so every employee is held accountable and understands the underlying goal of the company as a whole. Even though the work was hard, the days were long, and the pay was mediocre, the building felt like home and the other department heads, the front line staff and the residents were like family. I saw this position as a stepping stone and a learning tool for my career. This company has a great incentive program for staff as well as department heads.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Could be great. Poor direction.
Community Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAFebruary 24, 2017
As the sales director I found it difficult to do my job. Maintenance would be upset when I needed them to fix things. The executive Director micro managed everything, changing what she wanted day to day. One day she would say something was approved, next day denied. She was always spun up about something and found her value in others devalue. Corporate wasn't much help, constantly changing their requirements. And as for care for the residents? It would be wonderful if we did what the propaganda claimed we did. But we didn't. It was all about the marketing. Sad, really.
Pros
Helping seniors is a blessing.
Cons
All about raising rent as high as possible.
The Best Senior Living I Have Ever Seen
Assisted Living Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAFebruary 2, 2017
I volunteered at this assisted living facility for two years before I worked there. The staff and residents have a genuine friendship and sincerely care for on another. One more than on occasion, I've seen employees clock out of work and stay to converse with the residents living there. Whether it be an Executive Director or a cook in the kitchen, all employees worked at this facility because they cared about the people living there. Such a rare environment to work and live in.
Poor choice for new Executive Director
Kitchen staff (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 19, 2017
Wonderful hardworking staff, great team environment. The residents are wonderful and appreciate everything you do for them. Unfortunately very large turnover in management. Since I've been here there has been 3 Executive Directors and our newest one has already demoted existing employees, removed hard working employees to replace with friends and spoken disrespectfully to employees. Not sure I can stay much longer. Several employees are talking about leaving.
Pros
Residents
Cons
They have changed to a heartless company.
Director (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 17, 2017
They are taking advantage of the elderly. Over charging for services they are not performing. They continue to cut the labor and increase prices to seniors which I believe is unfair. They keep applying new systems which are great, but you are not given labor to succeed in accomplishing the task. It started as a company I believed in. That is not the case any longer.
Pros
Schedule(until labor is cut)
Cons
Not given the labor to preform the duties expected.
High stress- no tips
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Ardsley, NYJanuary 7, 2017
The job is hard. The nature of working in a senior living place is that you seem the same customers all of the time and learn to form an opinion of them and then they die. They pay a certain rate for food and do not tip. People trickle in whenever they want and expect everything to be perfect. My coworkers were wonderful people but the job was stressful and not enjoyable and just plain bad.
Poor Leadership
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 11, 2016
This company does not care about their employees. Leadership claims they care about employees because they are their "greatest asset" but it's not true. When serous issues, such as bullying are reported to HR, absolutely nothing is done when you are told that your concerns matter and will be followed up on. Money is all that matters. Employees do not. It's sad to say after being with a company for 6 years I left because the toxic environment was just too much to take anymore.
productive environment but bad management
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MINovember 8, 2016
i only stayed there for 4 months. being a housekeeper isn't that bad, I liked being around the seniors, but I disapproved of my boss..

true we got lunch every day , so that's a nice perk. and occasionally, our director would throw us an employee party.

biggest problem: not allowed to take breaks, except for lunch. my feet hurt after 7 hours of work, so I don't understand why I couldn't take a break.

full time is anywhere between 35-39 hours a week, anything over 40 hours , your supervisor gets in trouble.
Pros
free lunch every day, a menu to choose from, morning shift
Cons
not good benefits, constant riducule about taking breaks, not enough PPE
Stressful understaffed enviornment
Home Health Aid (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIFebruary 19, 2017
typical day is being over stressed, nit picking, no breaks, non-stop work and non-stop complaining by those in charge. Overworked and underpaid. No flexibility in work scheduling and very difficult to schedule days off.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No breaks, no advancement possibilities, no scheduling flexibility
Its a healthy enviroment with lots of daily activities
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Lynbrook, NYDecember 27, 2016
A typical day for me is going to work ,getting my daily schedule and start doing the residents that needs to be done first to go for an early breakfast ,like dressing and showers, grooming. I learned the time frame to go to every individual ,the management is great you have to set a paste that you can work with and it becomes manageable .My
co-workers work as a team and if you need assistant they are always there. The hardest part of the job is getting to know the resident and what they like and prefer and once this is settle we work good together .The most enjoyable part of the job is when all the residents are down for their meals and no one is sick and have to be sent out to the hospital, this can be hectic at times.
Pros
we are entitle to a meal on every shift .
Cons
we have a fifteen minute break at ten fifteen AM and a half hour break on every shift.
My day was very productive and helping the residents
Server (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 18, 2016
My typical day at work I would serve the residents lunch and I would take there order and after they were done I would clean up after and reset there tables I then I would clean up the kitchen sweep and keep the dinning room clean fold napkins stock the country kitchen with snacks drinks and ice then I would get dinner ready prepared the salad bar and cut the dessert and fill up ice water and hot water and coffee and I got a lot very well with the staff and I got along very well with residents as well
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Very short on stuff
Horrible management
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAFebruary 22, 2017
horrible management ! If you have second jobs or go to school then working for atria hacienda in palm desert is not for you ! Why?!!because management won't work with your schedule they want you to put them first before anything do not trust them they are liars and they not organize and they don't care about their employees!!
Dreadful Place to Work
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 11, 2017
Terrible place to work. Very weak management. No respect for employees or residents. Employees treated like indentured servants and expected to dedicate their lives to a job which pays little over minimum wage.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Vindictive, disrespectful management, low pay, terrible benefits
I only miss the residents and certain coworkers.
Resident Medication Assistant/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLSeptember 23, 2016
After a while, I disliked having to go to work. Knowing and witnessing the truth behind the company. Resident's that needed more care were in the wrong part of the facility or did not belong there at all. Not just resident's but employees too were also being mistreated and dismissed. Favoritism and laziness were big uses for me. The company is about the money and that is it.
Pros
The residents.
Cons
The company.
Working for Atria was the best experience for me cause it gave me a chance to venture out
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 31, 2016
My experience with Atria was amazing and the reason is because of the residents and co-workers there they all were wonderful people and it never was a dull moment being around all those mixed personalities/characters.
Challenging but worth it
Director (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 21, 2016
As someone who works well under pressure and deadlines - Atria is a wonderful place to have a career. It takes extreme dedication and hard work to be an Atria manager. The expectations are extremely high, there isn't a lot of room for excuses of why something wasn't done and the hours are long. If you can handle those stipulations and not grumble, you will be okay and do well in your role. If that does not appeal to you, under no circumstance will you succeed at Atria.

The residents and team members become family because let's face it - we spend a lot of time there! We do our best to foster a welcoming environment.

I will always "go to bat" for Atria. It's somewhere that high performers can do well if they can roll with the punches of a for profit corporation.
Pros
Paid time off plans, flexible schedules
fun enjoyable working environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MADecember 15, 2016
Helps elderly patients with their daily needs from getting dress to feeding and talking to them. Get to leave on time and take a break if you finish your task early.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
responsible for cleaning up some pretty smelly nasty stuff...
working with residents
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 6, 2017
working with directly with the residents has its rewards. the office employees don't have time to help residents .they say its a close family work place . but its not. I wouldn't rcemend this job to any one
Pros
working with residents
Cons
management and matience bad
Residents are so awesome to be around all the time.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 29, 2017
We have a team that works together to make sure that the residents are safe, and cared for. Some of the employees even talk out side of the work it makes life fun and exciting.
Pros
Residents
Cons
You pay for your insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atria Senior Living Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9