Atria Senior Living Group Employee Reviews

Nursing
Certified Nurse Aide / Certified Med Tech (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PA 19460June 21, 2016
I enjoyed most of my time at this employer. I still plan to keep myself on as a per diem employee. Unfortunately there have been several changes in recent management and there has been a total lack of accountability towards certain staff members. I have had some personal issues as a result of my departure as a full time employee.
atria harborhill
CMT/CNA (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIJuly 16, 2016
is not a bad work place, but they have to work more in management and coworkers. there is not respect or privacy regarding the staff nad some of the residents. if atria put an effort on hiring the right peopple and not just taking in whoever this place would be the perfect place to work.
Review
Wait Staff (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAJune 8, 2016
Over all my past jobs have been pretty easy. I learn pretty fast and I can adjust to situations quickly. I loved every single one of them and I am looking forward to expanding and applying my skills in new work areas. I am easy to get along with. I like getting along with coworkers.
Pros
free lunches have always been a pro
Cons
management at some of my jobs hasn't been as good as it should be.
heathcare
CMA (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 21, 2016
its ok they can have better management and better staff I really whish they would take the time out and address some of the concern with that place and what actually goes on in there sometime I wonder is has worst the residents or staff
Pros
ok
Cons
tired
Management at a glance
On Call Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 7, 2015
Seems friendly, genuine, and caring. As far as I know that still somewhat exists to be true with the business director and community director (kinda), but the executive director will LIE to your face to protect HERSELF.... and the company. Shes also very rude and is not professional as far as consumer relations.. I simply think Sarah Prasky, the executive director, is TOO young for the role of ensuring an assisted living facility and their residents are up to par as far their needs and state laws, rules, and regulations. Which also applies to the employee needs as well.. As for other departments, the training lacks structure and they follow all the minimums.... i was lucky enough to get two, but typically it is ONE day of training in each shift while being trained by MULTIPLE caregivers with their own routines and strategies being different.

As far as the residents go, THEY ARE SO AMAZING. They are the reason I go back. I am excited to see them every day and a lot of them have spunky fun attitudes and theyre so very kind. I am so thankful for them. :)
Pros
Residents have "routines", The Benefits, The relationships developed, employee to employee support
Cons
Learning the caregivers "routine" in training, Working through break & lunch, pay is low for the care and extra mile we give to residents.
Taking care of the elderly
Elder Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Newburyport, MAJuly 26, 2016
I was a private caregiver for an elderly woman with whom I cared for at the beginning at her home, along with her husband. Her husband had passed and she was placed in the care of Atria along with myself caring for her while she was there.
Pros
Interacting with the patients and making them laugh
Cons
there were never any cookies left when i would get there
Not a great place, could be better
Life Guidance Director (Current Employee) –  Pacific Palisades, CAOctober 12, 2015
It has potential but long work hours, low compensation and a generally lack of competent management creates a whole host of issues.
Pros
Free lunch/food
Cons
They have a poor company culture
productive and very busy environment
Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 22, 2016
I learned so much about different medications, I learned how to communicate with the doctors. I love working with elderly. They make our job more fun and enjoyable. My employers are great and very knowledgeable about our work.
Friendly and fun work place
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NYSeptember 13, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at Atria. There were a lot of relationships built between the staff and the residents. It was a beautiful warm job, made me feel like we all were one big happy family.
Good Company
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 11, 2016
Enjoyed 10 years with company. Worked hard in this position and was not well compensated for the loyalty and time I committed to them. Large corporation with its challenges, but rewards.
nice place to work
maintenace tech (Former Employee) –  portsmouth,riAugust 6, 2015
good place to work, management not the best but its expected with such a big turn over for dept heads, co workers are very helpful and easy to get along with, hardest part of job is no teamwork or positive imput for the employess who work hard, salary too low for work employees do
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no team work with dept heads
Love working there!
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Lantana, FLAugust 1, 2016
Very nice place,lovely people. They appreciate there staff, But could pay kitchen staff more. So far the residents are happy,because we treat them like family and they love they way we treat them. I find nothing to hard to do. It's my pleasure working for Atria meridian! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
Productive Work place.
Dinning Hall- Server (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTAugust 6, 2016
Always have people that live to come in to work with smiles. The elderly people were happy most of the times. The work place was always clean and neat. Easy place to start your first job.
Great place to be.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2016
Great place to be and work. Great bonding with my residents. Was really my second home. Work days were hectic but always had something to do and fun with my residents. Management always second guessed themselves. Co-workers were great to work with, we were a great team.
Pros
Stories everyday, lunches, free parking.
Cons
Management, shortage on supplies
Best company
Resident Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJune 22, 2016
I employed with Atria in June of 2011. By far one of the best companies I worked for. I was promoted to Resident Service Coordinator ( Admissions), and worked under the director. The company does a lot for their employees. I worked in a very fast pace office and I loved it. All of the employees are very friendly, and work as a team.
Atria
Chef (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 16, 2012
With a full day ahead of me my day starts with a breakfast service. Hot eggs to order. Pancakes and waffles, oatmeal and your choice of breakfast meat. Continuing onto lunch, we start with the homemade soup of the day. My residents have a choice of an open menu item or my daily special. Dinner is served fresh and with lots of love...just like mom did! What is a meal without a dessert, served with every meal.
I do not feel I could have ever had the chance to develop my culinary career with any other company. Starting with Atria as a part time line cook, I have worked my way up into a full time management position. I have learned communication and team work within my kitchen is the only way to have a functional and productive kitchen.
The hardest part of my job but also the most enjoyable is working with the residents. They are the toughest critics I have ever worked with! They love to praise your work and love to share their option all at the sometime.
Productive work enviornment
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYSeptember 1, 2016
Loved working there but the hour changes to my schedule were the reason I couldn't stay on. Lovely community. Many activities for the residents to take part in.
Nice company
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYMay 15, 2016
Enjoyed my daily maintenance responsibilities that were given to me. Convenient and close to home, which allowed for a great work/life balance.
Nightmare
Manager (Current Employee) –  USAMarch 9, 2014
This company is a sales driven company and only cares about money. They have a sales director but all managers are expected to do sales without compensation and are expected to drop what they are doing and do sales at any given time. Then expect you to stay until 9pm to do the job you were actually hired for. Job description that you sign? What a joke! You never know what you are in for when the day starts. The corporate people swoop in and say they are there to support you, the only thing they support is a lifetime supply of Tylenol! They nit pik, demand you fix issues that have been in place for YEARS prior to your employment, and when all else fails, walk you out. You want to resign? Forget it. The minute you resign they find a reason to fire you.
Pros
Sweet elderly folks
Cons
Everything. The pay is below average, they claim great benefits, bonus plan, etc but you won't see a dime. Long hours, a lot of headaches
Great place for employees and residents
Coordinator/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 3, 2014
After working for Brookdale Senior Solutions, I transitioned to Atria Senior Living. I work at a beautiful campus in Charlotte, the atmosphere is homey and the staff is warm and inviting. A far cry from what I was used to.

My job is to supervise our Dining Room staff, we strive to run this Dining Room as a full service restauraunt and I think our management here has attained that goal in the best way possible, with the limitations being taken into consideration.

Our residents are generally always happy and satisfied with the services being offered, and the staff is well trained to handle almost any situation. Often times upper management comes in to the Dining Room and communicates with residents and helps them get served.
Pros
Great Food
Cons
Relatively low compensation for the level of work expected

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atria Senior Living Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9