Atria Senior Living Group Employee Reviews

Many years of Human Resources, management, project management and operations management
Human Resource Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 29, 2015
I have the "Can Do" attitude that likes lots of responsibility and to manage different things. I have the ability to work with all levels of management and I produce results.

I've learned everyone has different styles and you need to adapt to their personality and traits.

Most enjoyable part of the job is helping others and coaching. I like to be a decision maker and get things done.
Friendly and clean place to work
Resident Medication Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 28, 2015
It is different than most personal care homes because it is not medical-oriented. We can't do blood pressures or neuro tests, things we should be able to do. They are going for the "hotel" look and feel. With that being said, it is extremely clean and the residents are awesome. I would recommend this place for my friends to work. Management is a revolving door because it is hard to find good people that will work for not-so-much money.
Pros
Job security, free lunches, advancement
Cons
Coworkers love to call off
Fun and exciting place to work!
Engage Life Director (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 26, 2015
Working with seniors is both fun and rewarding. Atria Summit Ridge provided a fun, safe, and beautiful environment for both the employees and the residents.
Over worked and under paid
Cna (Current Employee) –  Waterford, CTJune 8, 2015
All this company cares about is money. They over work you and still complain. When you try to call out they give you a hard time or they say your not allowed to call out and act like you did a no call no show. They care about money and that's it. Half of their residents belong in a nursing home not assisted living. They keep them there just to get their money. Which in the end hurts the resident. Such a ridiculous place to work. They have verbally abusive CNAs there and when you report them they don't do anything about it. They allow them to treat the residents horribly.. It's crazy.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Supervisors, schedules, Kristin
Hardwork
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 25, 2015
The pay rate is okay. the job is a lot of work because of the resident to workers ratio. the workers are usually overwork and sometimes ends up leaving with sweat and pain
It's a facility
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAMay 12, 2015
Very hard on you physically and mentally. I was capable of being used for much more than hired for, no room for advancement. Management is solely focused on quantity not quality and it shows. The hardest part of the job was the care that patients/residents received. Quiet the show is put on when family members are around or a new resident is moving in, very inexperienced caregivers and medication techs, very low pay and should only hire CNA or LVN, possibly people with more education in medical field. Most enjoyable part of the job the residents.
Pros
residents
Cons
everything but the residents
Fun but hard work
Server (Former Employee) –  PittsburghMay 6, 2015
Working for this job was a challenge because during the baseball season it could get a little crazy. I really enjoyed serving there and made some nice tips when is was busy,
Fun envirment, great food and staff.
Atria Senior (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 6, 2015
Typical day included assisting with ADL's and with medication administration,
I learned to take a day at a time and enjoy each moment.
Coworkers and manangers were very kind and professional.
Hardest part of my job was to see patients suffering from Dementia and watching them die.
Best part of my job was to participate in activities with the residents and be there for them when they needed.
Hardworking Place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Malden,MAMay 5, 2015
A typical day would be helping out the residents with their food orders and making sure it came out on time. Learned to be time efficient and to love the job you're working.
Pros
Staff
Busy Place
Waitstaff/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTMay 5, 2015
While my boss and co-workers are wonderful, Atria struggles to have a good work-life balance. I am constantly working hard but feel as if I am getting underpaid for such hard work.
One of the better companies in senior healthcare
Community Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXApril 30, 2015
It has a lot of opportunities for growth as one of the larger companies. If you are looking for options to move in the US there are communities through the US to further your career.
good company on paper. bad place to work in real life.
kitchen (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CaliforniaApril 28, 2015
There is no support or back up of any employee at the local community. We work with long hours and impatient staff. There are many things to hope for like stay five years and you get a bonus check. Workers tend to gossip.
Pros
free lunch but you can't get it until after your lunch break.
A healthy workplace environment!
CSD (Current Employee) –  Stamford ConnecticutMarch 30, 2015
I enjoy a balanced schedule between work and my personal life. I'm part of daily meetings with the team, that addresses all concerns with the building and residents. I have also recommended two personal friends and my brother to work at a Community.
Pros
Great meals that are complimentary - at no cost to the employee.
I enjoy the residents but not all staff
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 27, 2015
I learned that management here doesnt care much for there workers. A day at atria can be challenging be cause when you have a problem you cant report to managers due to attitudes. My coworkers are nice and friendly. The hardest part of the job is dealing with made up rules by management when they werent in place when I started. The best part of my day on the job is seeing my residents happy after I help them get ready for there day.
Pros
i like my coworkers/cna's
Cons
Management is bad
difficult
LPN (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYMarch 24, 2015
a lot of times you are on your own without the support of directors. theres minimal staff with minimal pay working with a great number of sweet but difficult residents.
Great company, Great benifits
Receptionist, Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 23, 2015
Working with the elderly is so rewarding. I enjoyed it. I have learned so much such as becoming a med-tech. I have also learned how to become a receptionist. My co-workers were easy to work with. Great environment. Management never really communicated with employees beside doing stand up meeting. I think it would have been better if management were on the floor with us. other than that it was a great job and I enjoyed it.
Pros
paid meals, great benifits, room to grow in company
Cons
poor communication
Productive and fun environment.
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 16, 2015
It was an okay job, I just wanted something to better myself. The workers were all nice, my days usually went by fast, I enjoyed being able to work at my own pace and still be active enough to get my work done early.
learning experience
Wait staff (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 16, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of me feeding the elderly and cleaning up after them. I would sometimes sit and talk with them about the past and learn from them. Management was on but it came a time when the schedule would change and I would not be informed. So I would come in at the wrong time or the wrong day. My co workers were nice. We all got along and worked as a team when it came time to get things together for the next shift. To me there was never really a hard part. There may have been rude residents but it was nothing I couldn't handle
Pros
hearing olld stories from the past
Cons
when the schedule would change without me being informed
overall a wonderful place to work
Assistant Recreation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NYMarch 9, 2015
I believe Atria to be a very good company, and I would recommend it
to others. I really enjoyed working with the staff, and the residents were friendly and enjoyed taking part in activities.
Wonderful company to work for
Engage Life Director (Current Employee) –  Roslyn, NYFebruary 22, 2015
I enjoy working at Atria on Roslyn Harbor. My fellow team members are hard working and helpful and my Executive Director is extremely supportive.