Atria Senior Living Group Employee Reviews in United States

Management at a glance
On Call Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 7, 2015
Seems friendly, genuine, and caring. As far as I know that still somewhat exists to be true with the business director and community director (kinda), but the executive director will LIE to your face to protect HERSELF.... and the company. Shes also very rude and is not professional as far as consumer relations.. I simply think Sarah Prasky, the executive director, is TOO young for the role of ensuring an assisted living facility and their residents are up to par as far their needs and state laws, rules, and regulations. Which also applies to the employee needs as well.. As for other departments, the training lacks structure and they follow all the minimums.... i was lucky enough to get two, but typically it is ONE day of training in each shift while being trained by MULTIPLE caregivers with their own routines and strategies being different.

As far as the residents go, THEY ARE SO AMAZING. They are the reason I go back. I am excited to see them every day and a lot of them have spunky fun attitudes and theyre so very kind. I am so thankful for them. :)
Pros
Residents have "routines", The Benefits, The relationships developed, employee to employee support
Cons
Learning the caregivers "routine" in training, Working through break & lunch, pay is low for the care and extra mile we give to residents.
interacting with staff
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hopedale,MassAugust 18, 2015
I had tour of Atria Senior living 3 year ago when looking to place my mother after the pasting of my father. Everyone was so kind and very helpful and growing up in Hopedale mass all my life it is a very good opportunities for me to give back to were I have lived
Atria on Summit Ridge in Reno NV horrible.
Server (Waitress) (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 14, 2015
I started working 20 hours my first two weeks. I then got up to 30-40+ after training and covering for multiple people. I worked three double shifts in the short amount of time I was there. I then, get my hours cut to 9 hours a week, due to, too many people being hired. I had no choice but to leave. It was costing me money, to make money. That's not part time, that's a waste of time.

Then months later (current date), I see a position open for a receptionist. I applied, and three days later, I called to follow up on my resume. Then I speak with someone who wants me to come in for an interview (knowing that I use to work there), and said she would call me in the morning for details. Two weeks now, and trying to reach her is impossible. After leaving multiple messages, no call back. I believe I am actually being ignored. You don't treat people like that. Job to do or not, you expect respect. If they are not respecting potential empoylees, do you think they are respecting the residents? If you don't want me, a simple, " thanks but the position have been filled", or "I will get back to you ASAP", would be good right? I guess not.

While I was working for Atria, there were alot more CONs than PROs. A few residents that were there, had a hard time holding their bowels. They were left there in the dinning area. One resident in particular, would not shower, and smelt really really bad. But residents and employees were there to suffer and expect to do their jobs while others wouldn't. People eat there. Serve food there. Accidents happen, but allowing to leave them there is
  more... against health code regulations. Do you want to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner in the bathroom? I sure don't.

Residents are paying for their meals and some were very picky... But they are paying to live and eat there. They have that right. Who ever the people were, who handle food orders, allowed the kitchen to be out of stock on so many things for days, almost weeks at a time. Residents get a tad upset when they can't have something they want in particular. Something as simple as a banana, milk, even water bottles.

PROS. Birthdays were celebrated, holidays, entertainment, and random fun. That means one person who was in charge of events, WAS doing and caring about their job, and the residents.

It is fun learning names, having conversation and building relationships with the residents.
Pros
Free "meal".
Cons
You get one break your entire shift, unsanitary environment, lack of job duties and communication.
great people
Entertainer (summer job only) (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, RIAugust 8, 2015
all very nice tow ork with even front desk lady remembered who i was everyday when i came in, which i didnt expect because i wasnt a full time employee.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
long days
poor management
WaitStaff (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 6, 2015
Very poor Management, could not resolve employee confrontation properly. Rather then dealing with the situation in a professional manor, they harass you until you decide to leave.
nice place to work
maintenace tech (Former Employee) –  portsmouth,riAugust 6, 2015
good place to work, management not the best but its expected with such a big turn over for dept heads, co workers are very helpful and easy to get along with, hardest part of job is no teamwork or positive imput for the employess who work hard, salary too low for work employees do
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no team work with dept heads
Morrison Management did not hold the same customer service values that Atria Shorehaven did.
Kitchen Manager/Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJuly 27, 2015
A typical day at work included checking in and putting away stock, assigning tasks to other culinary team members, such as cleaning and prepping duties, and following procedures regarding ordering, paperwork, and team training sessions.

Although I continued to improve my computer and budgeting skills in this position, I found that working between the company that payed me (Compass Group) and the company I served (Atria Shorehaven)very difficult. Compass Group was unwilling to commit to the same service ideals that Atria Shorehaven had leaving me no room for growth at this position.
Good place to start
Director of Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 22, 2015
Atria was a good place to learn the industry but over all a little out dated and stuck in the past.I did enjoy my time there.
Certified Medication Technician (Current Employee) –  10 jackson drive , CranfordJuly 21, 2015
working with this company has brought me so much joy and experience. there is great team work and great support. Have great working relationship with all staff.
The Residents
Community Sales Director (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 16, 2015
Working with the residents was the best part because you were providing their final home with amazing amenities. The frontline staff was amazing and truly cared about the residents and their jobs. We were all like family.
Pros
the residents and frontline staff
Cons
leadership
Atria does care about the residents. Takes good care of line staff
Atria Senior Living (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJuly 12, 2015
Atria was a great place to work. Atria takes care of line staff.
The only con is managers need more training.
I would like to have seen more staff in care, but residents were taken
care of very well.
Pros
Takes good care of line staff
Cons
alot of paperwork
Corporate Beatdown
Regional (Former Employee) –  WesternJuly 7, 2015
I left Atria about a year ago and was so happy to leave. Work/Life balance is non-existent. I was part of a Regional Team and felt very bad for the property level employees. I tried to buffer the demands and politics from the Kentucky Corp office as much as possible. It was obvious the highly paid and highly incentivized suits in KY had no concept of what the employee demands were. They had no understanding of priorities. They only cared about revenue and personal bonuses. I witnessed residents in communities in unsanitary conditions, but instead of moving them out to a nursing care facility, they would keep them as long as possible to help meet sales / census goals. When interviewed, I was sold on such a great company culture, vision statement, etc., but once past my orientation I never heard of that stuff again. The mantra was "It is what it. Is". I will tell you, it is what it shouldn't be.
Pros
Working with Seniors and many good employees
Cons
Greedy Corporate Disconnect
Different culture, resident focus
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 7, 2015
Meet with managers and sales to discuss day and events. Tour community and touch base with residents. Resolve any outstanding issue's.
Best part of day is loving on the residents and working with my team Least favorite part of the day is collections or having unhappy clients.
Pros
being with residents everyday, making a sale!
Cons
can be very long hours at times
Productive fast paced environment
Dining Room Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 6, 2015
I am very customer oriented . The most enjoyable part of my day was interacting with all of the residence . I loved listening to their stories and their adventures. I've learned so much from them as well.
The hardest part of this job was when a resident passes. For myself this was very difficult, i became so close to them, they are like family.
Pros
Yes we ate for free and were able to take leftover food as was.
Cons
As a employer management did not work together as a team. To promote a positive work environment.
Many years of Human Resources, management, project management and operations management
Human Resource Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 29, 2015
I have the "Can Do" attitude that likes lots of responsibility and to manage different things. I have the ability to work with all levels of management and I produce results.

I've learned everyone has different styles and you need to adapt to their personality and traits.

Most enjoyable part of the job is helping others and coaching. I like to be a decision maker and get things done.
Friendly and clean place to work
Resident Medication Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 28, 2015
It is different than most personal care homes because it is not medical-oriented. We can't do blood pressures or neuro tests, things we should be able to do. They are going for the "hotel" look and feel. With that being said, it is extremely clean and the residents are awesome. I would recommend this place for my friends to work. Management is a revolving door because it is hard to find good people that will work for not-so-much money.
Pros
Job security, free lunches, advancement
Cons
Coworkers love to call off
Fun and exciting place to work!
Engage Life Director (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 26, 2015
Working with seniors is both fun and rewarding. Atria Summit Ridge provided a fun, safe, and beautiful environment for both the employees and the residents.
Over worked and under paid
Cna (Current Employee) –  Waterford, CTJune 8, 2015
All this company cares about is money. They over work you and still complain. When you try to call out they give you a hard time or they say your not allowed to call out and act like you did a no call no show. They care about money and that's it. Half of their residents belong in a nursing home not assisted living. They keep them there just to get their money. Which in the end hurts the resident. Such a ridiculous place to work. They have verbally abusive CNAs there and when you report them they don't do anything about it. They allow them to treat the residents horribly.. It's crazy.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Supervisors, schedules, Kristin
Hardwork
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 25, 2015
The pay rate is okay. the job is a lot of work because of the resident to workers ratio. the workers are usually overwork and sometimes ends up leaving with sweat and pain
It's a facility
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAMay 12, 2015
Very hard on you physically and mentally. I was capable of being used for much more than hired for, no room for advancement. Management is solely focused on quantity not quality and it shows. The hardest part of the job was the care that patients/residents received. Quiet the show is put on when family members are around or a new resident is moving in, very inexperienced caregivers and medication techs, very low pay and should only hire CNA or LVN, possibly people with more education in medical field. Most enjoyable part of the job the residents.
Pros
residents
Cons
everything but the residents