Atria Senior Living Group

Atria Senior Living Group Employee Reviews

Professional and fun atmosphere
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Waterford, CTNovember 7, 2014
Pros: benefits, management
Cons: short breaks, unorganized at times
When I was first interviewed at Atria, my now manager was telling me about her impressive staff. Shortly after she told me that, I realized it was because so many people have been at Atria for over 10 years. After working here for 9 months, I can truly see why so many people stay for such a long period of time. Everyone from housekeeping to management are always so friendly to everyone and they welcome anyone. What makes my job so enjoyable is seeing the residents on a daily basis. I've made a deep bond with some of the residents that I see almost everyday; a bond that I will carry throughout the rest of my life.
Wonderful company and great place to work
Assisted Living Director (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2014
A typical day of work consists of addressing the resident's and their family’s needs. I’ve learned that every family is different and that their needs are also different. Management has always been a passion of mine and something I’ve enjoyed pursing. I enjoy sharing ideas with my co-workers, my management teams, and learning from them every day. My co-workers are like my family. I always enjoy interacting with them and listening to their needs. The hardest part of the job involves dealing with the passing of residents. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping residents with their everyday needs and striving to make them as comfortable and happy as possible.
uppoer managment need to be more responsible
no no no (Former Employee), New yorkOctober 27, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: companystinks
Worked non stop for awhile, no compensation, they do not hold all employees accountable. Executive Directors think they are all that and more.Employees run the buildings without no accountability
Met new people
Resident Service Asst (Former Employee), Cresent Springs, KYOctober 26, 2014
Grew as an individual. Put my nose in the medical field direction.
I learned a lot from working with Alzhimer's patients.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Mobile, ALOctober 26, 2014
Pros: the cooks were awesome, we got to eat free!. im sure i gained weight!.
Cons: we had to do their laundry that was suppose to be done on 11-7 shift but wasn't.
Working with Alzhimer's patients was such a rewarding job. It taught me patients and understanding of their needs. Management was good, they truly cared about the residents and family's. My co-workers were pleasant and caring, good people to work with. The hardest part of my job was leaving them after six months to go to another Assisted Living Facility and saying good by. I heard reports about them, but it's not the same as being there with them. The most enjoyable part of my job was taking them to activities and watching them have a blast!.The
Very Physical work. Great people, alot of lifting. Pay scale isnt great
MEDICATION ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Grass Valley, CAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: i worked with some great people. always a lot to keep you busy
Cons: the hours were hard at night and a lot of people called off on my shift.
A lot of new people started. Trained them and then some wouldn't show up or would quit in a few months.
Management was ok.
A lot of lifting residents. I worked mostly with Alzheimer's residents. Cared for some hospice residents. Gained a lot of skills in here.
Very Physical work. Great people, alot of lifting. Pay scale isnt great
MEDICATION ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Grass Valley, CAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: i worked with some great people. always a lot to keep you busy
Cons: the hours were hard at night and a lot of people called off on my shift.
Management was ok.
Great place to work for
Resident Services Assistant (Former Employee), Penfield, NYOctober 10, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: seeing sad situations
I enjoyed working for Atria.
Great Residence, very caring and loving people.
FAST PACED
Engage Life Program Instructor (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAOctober 6, 2014
Great place to work. has a lot of opportunities for advancement.
Overall great company to work for
Design Assistant (Current Employee), Melville, NYOctober 5, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, field work and hands on training
Cons: part time, would love to work more hours.
Working for this company has given me so much hands on training in the commercial design field. I have been lucky enough to work beside two amazing designers who have given me the opportunity of a life time.
if you like to take care of your patients, and you dont want to have to kiss butt to the RSD or director, this is NOT the place for you.
line staff (Current Employee), San Pablo JacksonvilleOctober 1, 2014
Pros: line staff
Cons: boss without integrity
I thought Atria was a wonderful company until the head nurse or director has it in for you. Then the company will back them lies and all. Atria @ San Pablo. There is NO integrity by either position, and they will lie to staff and families without regard to consequences. Unless you want a totally demeaning and disrespectful boss, stay away. I cant wait until my 2 week notice is up.
Take great care of their line staff employees
Assistant Executive Director (Current Employee), Carmichael, CASeptember 11, 2014
There are a lot of benefits and programs for our line staff. The company strives to ensure they are happy and taken care of.
Resident Medication Assistant (Current Employee), Bay Shore, NYAugust 28, 2014
I currently work per diem administering medication to the facility residents.
atria
Med Tech (Former Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 22, 2014
Cons: managment
no comment it was more of management a lot of favoritism I never had a problem till supervisors friends came and got hired
Atria SRLV is a great place to work for and with great advancing opportunities.
Residential Services Assistant (Current Employee), Barrington, RIAugust 22, 2014
Pros: the unlimited opportunities to learn there, as atria staff member
Cons: no cons so far.
I enjoy working at Atria Senior Living.

My typical day is on the night shift from 11 PM to 7 AM.
Fist thing I do as I start, I check all the radio walkie-talkies, pendant alerts and pagers, to make certain that all residents will be reachable in case of an emergency.
Then I pass out the "Daily Activities Menu" issued by EGD (Engage Life Department)
Then I go back to the office to enter all daily assignments that reflect all services and tasks performed on resident seniors.

In between I may take calls and/or pages from senior residents, as PRIORITY TASKS... Residents always come first.

Then from 5 AM to 7 AM is time to double-check all equipment again, and meet with morning shift staff to report and discuss about the daily status.
Atria.
Caregiver -Med Tech (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 9, 2014
Nice facility, good location, good teamwork. Nice recognition for staff.
Assisting Active Aging
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), San Dimas, CAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: free meals, great for part-time job seekers
Cons: no full time positions
Fun atmosphere, lovely facility, caring atmosphere while working with residents
A place that fullfil my life as a person
Resident MedicationAssistant /PCA (Former Employee), Albany, NYAugust 7, 2014
The most enjoyable time at my job was when I spent it with the residents.
Residents are the highlight of my day, but can be very stressful.
Wait Staff (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 30, 2014
Pros: residents, experience
Cons: unorganized management, called in frequently
As soon as you clock in, you must get straight to work otherwise you can get behind. Fold napkins, cut fruit, prepare dishes and condiments for the upcoming shift, etc. There is a lot to do in such a short period of time and normally there is no one there willing to help even if it is their job. However, working here has given me plenty of waiting experience, given me knowledge in how a kitchen runs, and how important it is to know the people you serve. Management is not organized and does not provide the materials needed for proper service. Co-workers work well together except in the starting hour of shifts. The hardest part of this job is getting used to not having the materials needed to give the residents the service that they deserve. The most enjoyable part of this job is making the residents smile by getting their orders to them in an efficient manner and getting to listen to what they have gotten to do with their lives.

About Atria Senior Living Group

Atria Senior Living is breathing new life as a senior living management company. It was formed in 2011 as a spinoff of Atria Senior – Read more

Atria Senior Living Group Salaries