Atria Senior Living Employee Reviews

Family orientated workplace.
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTAugust 17, 2017
Since day 1 working at atria I felt like I was part of the family, and have built a strong bond with several other co-workers. Management does a great job with handling schedules also, and keeping everyone on track to be at their very best.
Pros
Free lunch, and great employees/management
Cons
Salary, and career advancement
Fast paced work. Taking care of elderly residents. A lot of walking, lifting, Etc
Resident Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 17, 2017
A large senior care facility. All levels of Assisted Living. Licensed caregivers only. Lots of hard work but there's good pay and lots of chances for overtime.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Gossip
Important work helping seniors
Engage Life Director (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAAugust 15, 2017
Atria Senior Living is a beautiful senior community with an amazing team of professionals helping seniors to live well and to receive extraordinary care.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long Hours unpaid
Excellence in Nursing Care for Seniors
Cook (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTAugust 11, 2017
Atria Senior Living provides excellent care for frail and elderly in facilities. I enjoyed full time employment for 17 years and cooked nutritious meals for the entire place.
Excellent company to work for
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Darien, CTAugust 10, 2017
As soon as I arrive to work in the morning , I review all the prior nursing notes on residents, review the task clipboard and prioritize my day, monitor diabetic patients , medication administration and follow up on residents. I have learned to be more confident in emergency situations due to being the only licensed nurse on staff while at work. My co-wokers at Atria are very diversified and are always a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the day is when I have 2 or more emergencies at one time, can get stressful but the the CNAs are very helpful at these times. The other hardest part about my job is when I find out that one of the residents has passed away especially when I was just talking with them the day before or day of. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking with my residents. It is a rewarding feeling and I learn so much from my residents.
Pros
Free meals while at work
Cons
No benefits for per diem employees
Resident Medication Tech. (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FL 34608August 9, 2017
Very reputable company with a lot of opportunities to grow. Staff is friendly and management is available whenever there is a problem whether it deals with you personally or a resident living at the facility.
Great way to learn customer service.
Waitstaff/Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Davis, CAAugust 9, 2017
Atria is a great place to get to get to know history, and meet great people. You learn to deal with different characters, personalities and situations.
For the most part it is a fun enjoyable place to work for.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edgewood KentuckyAugust 7, 2017
It is an excellent place for your loved ones live. They have all kinds of fun activities. Bingo arts and crafts live bands. Branches for the gentleman and ladies.
Cons
They need to pay more.
Very friendly staff and some friendly residents
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAAugust 7, 2017
Atria was a very good full-time job the hours were reasonable and the pay was decent. Some of the residents had some bad attitudes, but for the most part they were very kind and friendly.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short lunch
Assisted Living Community
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Barrington, RIAugust 4, 2017
Assisted Living Community, resident are wonderful as well as staff.
A typical day involves greeting resident's and visitors to the community. Answering phones and directing calls. The overall atmosphere is relaxed and inviting. There really is not a hard part to the job as directors and/or coworkers are ready to help if a problem occurs or a new program is need to be learned.
very fast paced
Senior Resident Services Director (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 2, 2017
Nice place to work but they do have very high expectations with very limited staff. We do have lots of support from corporate. At present time we have a very good team
Pros
promotes within
Cons
extremely high expectations
ok
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Current Employee) –  Ardsley, NYAugust 2, 2017
the company has its good and its bad. they need to give more hours and treat their employees better.
everything is good, work environment is great. management needs to improve.
Residents are great. Management not so much
Employee (Former Employee) –  NyAugust 2, 2017
Worked there for many years, got thrown out the door because I disagreed with management over legit safety concerns. Poorly ran and it starts from the top. They say they support you but will do anything and lie to corporate regionals just to get what they want. It's sad, the residents express concern and still nothing gets done, I feel bad for them. It was a great to place to work until a few people come aboard and they ruined it for everyone.
Pros
Residents make the job better, they are family
Cons
Horrible management
Not a bad plave to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CT 06032July 31, 2017
Its being a pleasure to work here redidents are awesome and you get attached to them vecause they are really sweet with everyone there.. Co-workers and management are ok
Pros
Good hours.
Great hours, low pay
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 26, 2017
This is a great place to work if you can handle low pay. I loved working there but the pay was extremely low due to it was my second time coming back to work for them. The hours was great but, couldn't get a better pay raise so I left again. Some of the residents was nice and management was OK they could do better though.
Pros
Lunches, hours
Cons
Short breaks, low pay
Fun and Fulfilling work but...
Engaged Life Program Instructor (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 24, 2017
Have enjoyed my two years at Atria, working with seniors is a fun and fulfilling experience. Atria takes great care of the residents and makes sure all their needs are fulfilled.
Pros
Free Lunch, Great people
Cons
communication between departments
Dietary/Senior Services (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 20, 2017
The worst... Work you like a slave. Coworkers are disrespectful to one another! Would never recommend this place to my worst enemy! Staff is always short handed. Residents are cruel and un ruley !
Pros
free food and its nasty
Cons
short breaks
Horrible Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 19, 2017
I would not recommend working for this company. Upper management is all about selling rooms and not caring for the seniors living there. It's a cut throat atmosphere and HR will never listen to employee concerns. Very corrupt and unethical organization. Pay is poor as well.
Pros
Cons
Many
I enjoyed working for Atria and I would refer other people to the company.
Waitstaff/Resident Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2017
I enjoyed working for Atria and I would recommend other people to the company. The residents were kind people and so were the management team. Good company.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Overall good
It's a good job.
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Springboro, OHJuly 18, 2017
It's a good job overall with good co-workers. Schedule is relatively flexible and the hours are pretty good compared to what they could be. The head chef is a very nice guy.