Atria Senior Living Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 9, 2017
Atria is a great company and has many job advancements opportunities available. I would have to say the hardest part about the job is sometimes just getting along with the different personalities you will encounter. Management is a hit or miss, sometimes the building can run smoothly with the right people in charge and when its not there can be chaos.The pay always seem to be the biggest problem here & keeping good employees. Overall its a great company with a lot to offer.
Pros
free lunch, atria rewards
Cons
Doesn't pay well.
Enjoyed my time there
Maintenance Director (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYNovember 9, 2017
The problem with working there was there was no room for advancement. I enjoyed working with the elderly as well as the staff. It gave me a good work life balance.
management and career opportunities are a joke
Culinary (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CANovember 8, 2017
Theres no room to advance here unless you are bending over for the "right" person. Stagnant job with low pay and even lower managerial support. This is a greedy company.
Pros
residents are awesome
Cons
management, pay, career advancement opportunities
Wouldn't reccomend this job to anyone, or recommend moving a family member in.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2017
The most recent Directors should not be in charge of management. its a hot mess at this community. I got sick and had to undergo a emergency surgery and shortly after was "Let go" and when I tried collecting unemployment was denied by the company. I worked their over a year and a half and would always helped more then I should have which wasn't fair at all how hard they made things on me.
Pros
Residents & Families are awesome.
Cons
Management is horrible.
Really great
Head Cook (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 2, 2017
Great place to work only problem is no room for advancedment

Otherwise I love it
It takes a lot of patience and care to deal with senior living people but if that's the kind of person that you are and this kind of work is great for you if it's not then don't even attempt it because it's a big responsibility and if you are not ready you won't only be harmful to the residence
Pros
Great environment
How it is like to work for Atria Senior living
Server (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CANovember 2, 2017
Its not a bad place to work if you are a full time student without a family to support. They are pretty accommodating to your school schedule. The wages are incredibly low for the amount of work you are required to do. It can be a stressful job because you are constantly dealing with illness and memory problems with the senior residents, but its incredibly humbling and eye opening. I am extremely grateful for the opportunity, however, I cannot survive off of only being given 8-12 hours a week on less than $11/ hr.
Pros
flexible, coworkers and residents
Cons
low wages, high stress environment, loads of work with no appreciation or compensation
Its alright
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 30, 2017
Upper management comes down on managers and not workers, so they are good on that. But when it comes down to it, it is kind of hard to get fired considering how little people apply there.
Pros
Can be welcoming, the residents, food
Cons
the residents sometimes, management, hours, coworkers
Uncaring & All About The Money
Worker (Current Employee) –  Carmichael, CAOctober 30, 2017
No job advancement for all. Pay rate is basic and don't match increased wage rate for older employees. Management is unprofessional and treat employees unfairly. Very expensive benefits and they cut corners to save money for the "Directors" who make triple what the real employees work for.
Pros
Free lunch (if you like food meant for seniors
Cons
healthcare, short breaks, uncaring managers, parking is dangerous!
Friendly awesome place
Server (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, INOctober 30, 2017
I was a server there and I loved it. Absolutely loved the residents there. You have to be quick and focus to get the job done. Everyone depends on each other & required team work!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Dishes
Atria
Assistance (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 24, 2017
I do visits to the location in order to boost the confidence and morality of the women and men staying there. I take makeup and activities for the people staying there to do.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 23, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is the residents and families! Expectations are high and do not allow for much of a work/life balance if you have a family. The residents make it a very rewarding career, though!
hetcic
Waitstaff (Current Employee) –  Hudson, FLOctober 21, 2017
Always busy .I learned how to wait on people. The management is ok but i feel the favor certain people. I love the residents but i jusy feel like i don't fit in
Pros
free food
Cons
not enough hrs and no advancement
Great Place to work
Community Sales Director (Current Employee) –  South Hills, PAOctober 21, 2017
I have only been with Atria for a short time. Company and employees are very welcoming and ready to help in anyway possible. Compensation is competitive.
Ok
Direct Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Penfield, NYOctober 19, 2017
It is a very demanding place to work in a fast paced environment, you must tend to resident's needs. As should all other co-workers, not everyone takes the job that seriously. My manager was good.
Challenging fun atmosphere
Director of Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2017
great people very busy work environment , the very hardest part of the job is the most rewarding part of the job, working with people that are extremely sensitive and need of help
Pros
free lunch
Cons
busy, stress
Great Place to Work
Engage Life Program Instructor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 18, 2017
I engage with residents throughout the day with different types of programs (Board Games, Happy Hour, Line Dancing).

I have learned that seniors can be enjoyable to work with and have much insight to offer if you are willing to listen.

The current management staff is pleasant to work for. Some managers do not like to delegate responsibilities which would make their jobs easier and would make others day go by quicker.

Hardest part is having to learn how to deal with difficult/rude residence.

Most enjoyable part is engaging with residents that want you to be a part in their lives within this community.
Pros
Free meal, Social Interaction, Not sitting behind a desk
Cons
Lots of down time that could be filled with other tasks if they were delegated.
benefits
Executive Assistant & Activity Director (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 18, 2017
Insurance coverage paid by employee is very expensive and they use PTO time off first in place of Disability Insurance.

Enjoy staff at Atria. Work is interesting and I enjoy working for the current Executive Director and other directors in different departments.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
healthcare is expensive
I dont know
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carmichael, CAOctober 17, 2017
So I was hired on as a full time Resident Assistant and they gave someone who had no experience my position I was also told I was going to be a split for LG & Assisted Living but when I got there my position was already given to someone else that is two position I missed out on because of lack of communion, I feel very unnapreacited. So due to this I will be leaving.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Untrustworthy Staff
I love this job but I feel like I need something different
Wait Staff/Server (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 16, 2017
Good place to work I enjoy it because I help the elderly people and I really enjoy the work environment and the people I work with I highly recommend this place as a job and as a place to live in for the elderly people.
poor work place
Cna - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTOctober 15, 2017
Honestly if you like reliving your high school days this is the perfect place for you. You Have clicks, rumors, jealousy, backstabbing, and above all haters that will lie to management and get you fired. Now management is not to be trusted, they will always act nice to you and tell you what you wanna hear but then come around and talk about you behind your back
Pros
free lunch
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atria Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9