Atrium Medical Corporation Employee Reviews

Rewarding Opportunity
Patient Flow Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OhioMarch 25, 2014
I worked for Atrium Medical Center for nearly 7 years, and loved every day of it. I worked as two separate job titles under the same department. For the first half of my day I would work as a transporter, taking patients to and from testing areas. While transporting I learned basic information regarding testing, including how long to expect the test to last, when to expect results from the test to come back, and basic information about what to expect during the test. The second part of my day consisted of answering the phones, faxing, and entering data into the computer. I learned how to make appointments within the EPIC system, enter physician orders, learn a basic understanding of what diagnosis would go with what test, and also learned when an order was ordered improperly. The most difficult part of my job was trying to make an already unhappy patient happy. I also found this part of my job the most rewarding. I had a lot of one on one contact with patients, and to be able to turn an unhappy patient into a pleased patient or a happy patient made me feel like my work was complete. Most patients just wanted someone to listen to them, and being able to say I turned this patient's day around made me feel proud to work for the Atrium. I very much enjoyed being able to make a patient smile. Making the patient happy was my favorite part of my day.
Very Fast Pace, Always being pulled 20 different directions at once
STNA or CNA (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OhioJuly 27, 2015
Show up 30 minutes before shift to find your assignment of patients, Meet with previous Tech. get report on Patients likes, needs, or special needs, their schedule appts. Then RN reports to required Doc. orders for patients needs. Prepping Patients for testing.
Learned Procedures for Code Blues/Ekg on Critical patients/CPR on Crashing patients/Computer Charting/Surgical Baths and Shaving/
Management was 5 stars in the beginning, then last 2 years Administration changes due to Obama Care went to the dogs. Downsizing low staffing, under on supplies, You were Lucky to get to eat or break, patient care more patients, more patients , heavy loads less time no extra care for patients. Sad
Losing patient was the hardest for me because I get attached to my patients, and then have to prepare patients Post Mort-um Care..
My CTU Unit was 5 star top notch Department till changes.. The people I worked for I would trust with my Life in their hands..Just the few seconds we would get to just to tell a story of our home life's would cheer everyone up..Just to take a moment... I sure miss my girls and guys..
Pros
Saving Life's and Knowing you made a difference
Cons
hardly ever breaks, Under staffing, Low wages, Raises on hold
Challenging and changing hospital environment
CVICU/Team Leader, Unit Council, Ace Member (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OHSeptember 6, 2013
I was given the opportunity to work with other experienced rns to start an open heart and vascular unit at this hospital as a staff nurse as well as a team leader. We went through many changes of management as well as staff in the past five years which was very challenging. Each time there has been a major management change, there have been many unit changes as well. Fortunately, there has remained my close core group of seven rns which has made staying grounded much easier. The hardest part has been the many changes in management as well as their unique styles of running a busy surgical unit. Fortunately, there has remained the same type of patient base that I am very familiar with, as well as my core group of rns that I have worked with for many years.
Pros
core group of rns and patient base.
Cons
numerous management changes
Very fast-paced and high stress situations.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Corinth, TXJanuary 21, 2015
I assisted nurses with the personal care of patients. Collected and documented patient vital signs. Assisted doctors and nurses with beside procedures. Supervised telemetry monitors in ICU and telemetry patients. Member of the CODE TEAM. Management was great and always worked with me if I needed something. Co-workers and myself always worked together as a team. The hardest part of my job was the high stress situations when dealing with a code but that's when I work the best and learned the most. The most enjoyable part was knowing I was helping someone to heal and impact their life in a positive way.
Pros
learning new things everyday
Cons
not having enough staff
Physical work and unpleasant conditions
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHDecember 9, 2013
My work consists of cleaning patient rooms after they have been dismissed. Another duty is running floor cleaning equipment, probably my favorite duty. My third duty is to collect trash and biohazerdous waste from throughout the hospital and dispose of it into a compactor. That is the most physical of the three jobs I do.
I feel as though I am well liked by my managers and co-workers. I enjoy being around them as well.
Pros
steady work, a manager willing to give me the amount of hours i am allowed to work.
Cons
the work can be quite disguisting, cleaning about every body fluid, and being exposed to many contagious illnesses.
I worked out of my home as a home-based Medical Transcriptionist
Medical Transcriptionist II (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHJanuary 31, 2014
I worked every day that I was scheduled. I learned quite a bit from my lead transcriptionist and fellow transcriptionists. The hardest part of the job was Radiology transcription as that was the specialty that I had the least experience in transcribing. I loved Cardiology transcription, Cardiopulmonary transcription and Pathology transcription. I had more experience in transcribing these types of reports.
Pros
did not have to buy work clothes or get dressed up as i worked from my own home.
Cons
did not have the comradery that a person gets in working with others.
Laid back atmosphere
Student (Former Employee) –  Corinth, TXApril 19, 2015
Atrium is a 60-bed acute-care facility. The patients tend to be elderly and very sick. It is slower-paced, but the patients receive excellent care from the nursing staff, physical therapy and radiology. It was a great place to start my clinical rounds. Enabling me to become very comfortable with the equipment and imaging procedures. The management is awesome. The physical therapists there have great personality and were always fun to work with. I appreciate my clinical instructor and the CT tech that worked there for making me feel welcomed and helping me in my future career as a fellow technologist.
LTAC hospital with an amazing staff.
REHAB TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Corinth, TXNovember 24, 2014
Play a key role in the daily activities of the rehab department of a Long Term Acute Care hospital. Assisted with the rehabilitation therapies of the patient as directed by the physical therapist and physicians and in accordance of the orders. Provided patient care alongside of the therapists for the Restorative Care program that has been recently implemented in the hospital setting. As well as, provide administrative assistance in admission and discharge of the patient from the department, along with the billing of the department services.
Excellent education and opportunity to use my skills
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHNovember 9, 2014
Typical shift: patients may return from surgery, transferred from intensive care units, be a new admission or have chronic or ongoing care in respiratory or GI issues, CHF, DM or chemo treatments. My coworkers were awesome...we were always there for each other: We had many patients with complex issues and then there were those who required 1-on-1 care. This job could take very much out of me while at the same time be so fulling giving back to me more than it required from me.
Pros
excellent insurance and benefit programs
Do what you love, when you have a job you love, it's not work, it's rewarding.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OHJune 24, 2013
I have learned a lot since being at Atrium with our monthly meetings, classes they offer, and all the support you get from co-workers and programs they offer. I enjoy everyone I work with, and I love sharing work day experiences with my co-workers, we are such an amazing team. It's almost like having another family. I love our patients, it's such a blessing meeting new people, and bringing joy to their life, in a touch, listening, and caring for them.
Pros
great work environment.
Cons
no vacation time.
Staff very Helpful, Team work
ICU RN (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TXJanuary 21, 2014
Working with my team members, makes me very excited to go to work. The client's I administer care to really touch my heart and reassure me that I have chosen the right career path. I would not change the experience or knowledge I've gained from working at this facility for anything in the world. In a typical work day I am a super Hero I save lives; and give love. the most enjoyable part of the day is knowing I learned,taught, and gave today and will be blessed to do it again tomorrow.
Pros
having coworkers who treat you like family
Cons
the pay :)
I love the people I worked with customers and employees.
PATIENT ACCESS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHAugust 6, 2013
Inter action with the patients and their families. The pleasure of helping anyone in need no matter how big or small it would put a smile on my face. Entering Doctor's orders for test that the patient was to have done. Giving them additional information if they needed it. Collecting payments via cash, check or credit card. Help my co-workers if they needed it.
Pros
happy place to work enjoy my co-workers and the patients.
Cons
when there are patients that we could not help.
Fast paced work environment
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OhioMarch 8, 2015
Typical day at work involved, direct patient care, helping patients perform activities of daily living, and vital signs. I learned a lot about health care which encouraged me to further my education. Management had good communication skills. Co Workers worked well together as a team. Hardest part of the job would be trying to get all tasks completed on a shift while short staffed. Most enjoyable part of the job was Patient satisfaction.
Pros
good experience
Cons
short staffed
Thoracic Chest Drain Product
Sr. Process/Mfg. Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHMay 23, 2015
Atrium is a great company to work for. The work force is excellent. When mistakes are made it usually a workmanship issue, it is rather the willing and motivation of the personnel involved to get the work out. Managers are very understanding to their subordinates and give them latitude to do their jobs. The hardest part of the job was to please management and the people that I work closely with i.e. Operator, Technicians. Overall, I enjoyed it.
Procurement Specialist - Perioperative Services (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHMarch 2, 2015
Ordering and receiving.
Putting away supplies and inventory.
I learned the ins and outs f of surgery, and building case carts. Working with vendors and billing. I worked with great management they was patient and tech me a lot. I had great co-worker we all worked great together and committed on surgery needs. I loved working in Surgery.
Pros
great insur
Cons
went though a lot of turn over for a period.
Good pay and benefits
Emergency Center Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OHDecember 20, 2015
being a supply specialist, the pay was decent and the hours were convenient for my schedule. I did have issues with supervisors and being treated like I was less than I was, but that was only due to one employee at Atrium, and as a whole everyone got along and was helpful.

Great place to start your healthcare career!
Pros
Get's your foot in the door, good pay
Cons
always open, required to work holidays
great work experience
Engineer Technician (Current Employee) –  Hudson, NHFebruary 12, 2015
Typical day consists of troubleshooting equipment, revising new/old documents, as well as finding solutions to better the product. Work also consists of assebling catheter parts in a clean room. Learning the functions of a catheter and the value of quality is key to succes within the company. Work environment was very good and made for a pleasant work area day in and day out.
Poor Management/Favortism
PATIENT ACCESS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OHJune 9, 2015
This is an awful employer to work for. Lots of favoritism across the board, horrible shifts (variable), horrible co-workers. No employee appreciation and quotas for collecting copays/co-insurance and amount of patients registered is held above your head, meaning your job depends on this. I would not recommend this employer to anyone.
Fun but stressful place to work
Quality Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hudson, NHJune 3, 2015
I'm working in a Medical Company for 14 years and in whole this years , I able to learn and grow a lot. I work most the time under a lot of stress and different challenges , but I like it!
The co-workers in general are nice and friendly.
The problem in my opinion is the lack of management.
Pros
A different challenge every day!
Cons
Lack of management!
I love my patients and co-workers
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Franklin, OHAugust 9, 2013
I learn something new everyday. Either through my patients or my co-workers... I have the perfect schedule so I can balance my work and life at home with my family. My manager is on top of all of us to continue to learn, be better employees, and make the best out of any situation.
Pros
great co-workers, management
Cons
amount of raises and benefits