Atrius Health Employee Reviews

hostile environment
Payment posting Representative (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAOctober 18, 2017
Treated like children
Not allowed to talk
family is not allowed to call even with emergencies
very hostile
good benefits and salary

I really do not want to move to new location 15 miles further from home
Pros
benefits and salary
Cons
treated like children
changing environment
Orthopaedic Technician (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MAOctober 10, 2017
Atrius health is a multi disciplinary practice that was creates by physicians. it has quickly moved from patient care to a full fledged business. the company is losing money and laying off management. Medicine is tough today
Productive Fun Place to work
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAOctober 3, 2017
Typical day was to come in work with members and management.
Management was great always willing to work with you and send you off for training. The work culture was great. Most enjoyable part of the job were the people.
Supportive environment
Medical Office RN (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MASeptember 30, 2017
moderate-fast paced work day
variety of tasks throughout the year
management approachable and supportive
low turnover rate of employees
all staff has a mutual goal to provide excellent patient care
fair company
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MASeptember 13, 2017
professional demeanor, team player and positive attitude.
flex hours, earned vacation time can be taken by the day or the week, health insurance reduction if use Atrius Health doctors.
Pros
on site cafe
Cons
short breaks
Okay
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, MAAugust 2, 2017
When I first started at Atrius it was great, close to home, set schedule and good pay. But throughout by time here there have been 3 rounds of layoffs. The staff I would with is great.
Not a great place for advancement
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 20, 2017
They advertise that they promote from within however they rarely do; received graduate degree since starting with the company and never receive consideration (not even an opportunity to interview let alone a phone call) when applying to new positions. Management shows no interest in building up employees mostly because they lack the knowledge of what goes on in their own departments so they rely on employees whenever they have questions on how to do something correctly. Decisions are never thought out completely. Pay is not great but they make up for it with benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Workplace Culture
Very unhealthy Working Environment
Office Support (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAJuly 13, 2017
Not a great place to work. The physician I worked with was very disrespectful and speaks to staff in a condescending manner. Staff are constantly arguing (sometimes in front of patients), and very catty. Benefits are pretty good but not worth it. Company has declined tremendously to the point where patients AND physicians are leaving. Unpleasant and unprofessional working environment... Run.
Benefits
Cons
Too much drama
Good company
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 9, 2017
Good company for those interested in clinical work. Pay is not equivalent to what you may make in a hospital but the work environment and culture is less stressful
Forward thinking organization. Ahead of the curve.
Utilization Manager for Case Management Programs (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAJune 29, 2017
I have worked at Atrius 17 years and have had many opportunities in leadership, project management, clinical care management and technology.
Its was ahead of many organizations adopting EPIC early on and is a pioneer in data analytics and reporting on health, quality and safety.
Pros
Innovative leaders and dedicated staff.
Cons
Nothing significant
Avoid until Senior Leadership is replaced
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 22, 2017
Senior Leadership is subpar at best, full of self-interested individuals with poor logic and listening skills. Daily office life has become pretty miserable, especially with the rounds of layoffs that have hit the company recently. I've been with the company for 7+ years and have watched as the organization has spiraled into chaos.
Unfair, favoritism
Medical (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MAMay 13, 2017
Be mindful if you are looking for a new position in healthcare HVMA is not the place to be if you are looking for a career.. Look someplace else! Management shows favoritism, they are disrespectful, and unfair.
There's a problem throughout the whole HVMA/Atrius system they put these managers who aren't real managers nor are they trained to be.
There have been 4 co-workers who gave there resignation in last few months. I am on the search for a new job .
Company going under
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  West Roxbury, MAMay 9, 2017
When I started here it was a great place to work. The staff was awesome. The staff doing the actual work is great its the management that ruined this company and patients are noticing. They are now losing money and laying off and reassigning roles of staff. Someone is going to make a costly mistake because of inadequate staffing and being responsible for more tasks. Don't apply unless you want to be over worked and poorly paid, no consistency. The directors are unprofessional demeaning and have no idea how to provide patient care. I could not believe the interactions at meetings, they avoid eye contact with people that aren't their equal. Its fine for them to have food parties everyday in Needham while the staff at the sites are working their tails off, shameful. I am glad they can enjoy food and silly useless huddles where they talk about their weekend food movies music and books instead of the real problems facing HVMA/Atrius.
Pros
The patients are great and the staff is all about team work. It used to be a great place to work
Cons
All about how to save money for the new CEO, the company is laying off, trying to reduce costs now the staff and patients are paying for it
Loved everything about this place...
Professional (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMay 1, 2017
Except it seemed like no one ever did any work. I worked in a small sub department at the administrative offices. My manager was very unprofessional. I did a lot of her work for her so we were close and she often confided in me about the other people in our department- even things that were personal. She constantly claimed to be busy but I always knew what she was working on and it was not as time consuming or difficult as she told her boss. She was also completely incompetent and it was so obvious that it was almost expected by everyone. She would even joke about it herself. She frequently turned in incorrect work if I did not review it and fix it for her first. Many times her work was returned to her to correct and she would have to ask me to help. She made so many mistakes and I was fixing the same problems over and over again. I spent so much time trying to teach her things just to end up doing it for her. Eventually I would say I was too busy to help her and had tasks taken away from her due to incompetence. The interesting thing was that her boss (upper management) did not seem to notice or care that my boss was so useless. This was not an uncommon phenomenon at HVMA. I sat in many upper management level meetings where charts and graphs portraying confusing, seemingly irrelevant data. The presenters didn't even understand it and when one of the two smart people in the group would ask a question they couldn't answer since they did not even prepare the information themselves. Numbers at added to spreadsheets and passed up to senior leadership. All everyone cared about was  more... reporting but no one cared to check the accuracy of their subordinate's work. Probably because they wouldn't know how to. There were so many positions that seemed unnecessary. Everyone got used to barely doing any work and never being reprimanded for it since no one really knew what anyone else was responsible for. There was constant restructure and it seemed like instead of getting rid of useless people they tried to find a place for everyone. They were very good to their employees. I will say that for sure. Great benefits, great pay. It seemed like you just had to stick around and do a satisfactory job and you'd get promoted. Keeping useless employees is bad for business though.  less
Pros
Flexible hours, great pay
Cons
For me it was a long commute and Boston traffic
Unpleasant management
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAApril 25, 2017
Worked here for a couple of years, hours are constantly changing. Management is unprofessional there's a lot of favoritism. A lot of the benefits were taken away for employees. No consistency in the job no one knows what they are doing.
Pros
One hour lunch
Flexable work schedule, people oriented
EPIC Beaker AP System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAApril 20, 2017
Fast paced healthcare organization, with a diverse work culture, that is open to new ideas and feedback moving both ways in the organization chain of command
Pros
Work at home oppertunities
Cons
Cubicle workspace
Great Company to work for
Licensed Optician & Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 18, 2017
A company who believes in their core values while assisting and caring for their patients as number one. Atrius is a great company to work for - offering good benefits and a good work/life balance.
No job security
Urgent Care Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAApril 13, 2017
I worked for almost 2 years for this company, I have known employees who have worked there for 30 and were laid off. There is no job security. They will offer you per diem instead and never call you. Work environment is depressing. Management when non-per diem will not approve any days off even if earned. The only plus to them is their great health insurance. Other wise it is not worth working there.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Great Primary Care Organization
VP, Performance Excellence (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMarch 14, 2017
a great organization that cares very much for their patients and provides proper managed care. true innovators in healthcare and looks towards continuous improvements
Productive advancing organization
Medical Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJanuary 27, 2017
Great place with exceptional service. Very personable staff and encouragable management. Great for advancing in the medical field and job security.