Home health care company looking for LPNs for a high skilled private duty client. Client is suffers from a spinal cord injury, care includes, but it not limited to: bowel training programs, wound care, transfers, straight catheter care, medication management, documentation management, and other duties as assigned. Shifts are 8-12 hour shifts, afternoon and midnight shifts available.
Provides services to patients/clients in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act, company policy and the accepted professional standards of practice under the direction of a registered nurse. Provides technical nursing care utilizing a standardized base of practical nursing theory and process, and communicates / documents observations and clinical finding.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Assumes responsibility and accountability for the practice of professional nursing in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act and standards for home health care nursing.
a. Performs comprehensive assessments of patient status, including physical, psychosocial, and environmental parameters.
b. Implements and/or follows an individualized Plan of Care that incorporates analysis of data and current scientific findings; as developed by the RN
c. Provides skilled interventions with a focus for achieving realistic patient outcomes within a specified time period.
d. Reports changes and information necessary to modify and update the care plan to reflect progress towards goals.
2) Consistently demonstrates competency with technical nursing skills according to personal and legal scope of practice:
a. Assessment skills as applied to the patient, caregiver/support system, and environment.
b. Reinforces patient teaching according to the client's needs and within the context of the client's environment, value system, and physical / emotional status.
c. Medication administrations in accordance with NAPNES certification guidelines.
3) Practices nursing with respect for individual, cultural, and spiritual differences.
4) Communicates properly and in compliance with company requirements.
a. Reports significant changes in client status to the registered nurse casemanager and other members of the team in a timely manner consistent with patient needs.
b. Maintains patient records showing systematic assessment, response to intervention and reports findings to the registered nurse case manager and or other members of the health care team as appropriate..
c. Participates in team meetings and clarifies individualized reporting responsibilities with all new assignments.
d. Documents legibly and according to company's submission of documentation policy.
e. Follows company guidelines for completion of all required documentation
5) Undertakes all delegated actions to improve the quality of patient care. Takes appropriate actions as directerd by the registered nurse case manager and responsively in home health care situations..
6) Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the role.
7) Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for patients and co-workers.
a. Demonstrates knowledge of safety/infection control practices by complying with established policies and procedures.
b. Recognizes and responds appropriately to potentially unsafe situations.
c. Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment.
d. Identifies environmental safety issues and takes initiative to prevent accidents and promote safety.
e. Notifies registered nurse case manager and/or clinical director of need for review and/or training related to equipment, procedures, or safety/infection control practices.
8) Participates in ongoing, professional self-development.
a. Participates in all mandatory education per company guidelines.
b. Identifies needs for personal professional growth.
c. Demonstrates competency in areas of assignment or identifies the need for additional training (wound vacs, infusion, specialized equipment, etc.)
9) Performs other duties as assigned.