1) Assumes responsibility and accountability for the practice of professional nursing in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act and standards for home health care nursing.
a. Performs comprehensive assessments of patient status, including physical, psychosocial, and environmental parameters.
b. Completes comprehensive assessments including OASIS data set within forty-eight (48) hours of referral.
c. Develops and/or follows an individualized Plan of Care that incorporates analysis of data and current scientific findings.
d. Provides skilled interventions with a focus for achieving realistic patient outcomes within a specified time period.
e. Reports changes and information necessary to modify and update the care plan to reflect progress towards goals.
2) Consistently demonstrates competency with technical nursing skills according to personal and legal scope of practice:
a. Assessment skills as applied to the patient, caregiver/support system, and environment.
b. Teaching skills according to the client’s needs and within the context of the client’s environment, value system, and physical / emotional status.
c. Medication administrations.
3) Practices nursing with respect for individual, cultural, and spiritual differences.
4) Communicates properly and in compliance with company requirements.
a. Reports significant changes in client status to physician and other members of the team in a timely manner consistent with patient needs.
b. Maintains patient records showing systematic assessment, planning intervention and evaluation.
c. Participates in team meetings and clarifies individualized reporting responsibilities with all new assignments.
d. Documents legibly and according to company’s submission of documentation policy.
e. Follows company guidelines for completion of forms, reflecting the orders and care plan.
5) Initiates actions to improve the quality of patient care. Takes appropriate actions independently and responsively in home health care situations. Initiates referrals as needed to other health care team members when identified or delegated by the case manager.
6) Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the role.
7) Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for patients and co-workers.
a. Demonstrates knowledge of safety/infection control practices by complying with established policies and procedures.
b. Recognizes and responds appropriately to potentially unsafe situations.
c. Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment.
d. Assesses environmental safety and takes initiative to prevent accidents and promote safety.
e. Notifies clinical director of need for review and/or training related to equipment, procedures, or safety/infection control practices.
8) Participates in ongoing, professional self-development.
a. Participates in all mandatory education per company guidelines.
b. Identifies needs for personal professional growth.
c. Demonstrates competency in areas of assignment or identifies the need for additional training (wound vacs, infusion, specialized equipment, etc.)
9) Performs other duties as assigned.
Indeed - 17 months ago