Attentive Health Care Employee Reviews

Taking care of others
Home-care Agent (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 9, 2017
I worked for this company for a little over a year and loved it. I got to take care of an elderly woman on a daily basis and help her with her daily routine.
Pros
relaxed environment and spending time with someone who needed some company
Flexible place to work
Certified home health aide (Current Employee) –  Babylon, NYOctober 8, 2017
Attentive care is very flexible with their hours and provide numerous cases for you to choose from. This job allowed me to put my nursing skills to practice.
Did not have to many hours available
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  West Babylon, NYSeptember 23, 2017
Hha one on one client
Work a few hours a day
Learned how to take care or wheel chair bound clients
Spending time with the client no matter how difficult the clients situation was.
Helping the client make her day as normal as possible.
Make my clients accomplished and confident was my daily purpose at the end of the work day.
Pros
Daily outtings
productive
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Babylon, NYAugust 22, 2017
I enjoy working for Attentive Care Inc very safe environment .Staff is great also the client great learning experience for me .I can see myself growing into a better person helping people
light housekeeping, meal prep, oversight
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 22, 2017
Followed the need of the care plan (clients health plan).
Provided oversight and supervision for clients.
Prepared meals for clients as well light housekeeping as needed.
Assist clients with regular daily activities involving personal care (washing, grooming, fixing hair, brushing teeth etc...)
Pros
Flexible hours and good hours
Cons
Not being well informed about job expectations
Organized company. Emphasis on processes and procedures.
Director of Home Health (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 5, 2017
Highly motivated staff. COO engaged in all activities of organization. Good working environment. Assisting the senior population very fulfilling. Very busy work day with staffing for clients, invoicing, visiting facilities to market company. Company always acknowledges employee birthdays, anniversaries, achievements, etc. Keeps employees motivated.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Pay could be better
Good
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Client houseJune 13, 2017
It's a good place to work depending on client you have to work with . Management is super easy going . Easy to request days off and etc. Paid time off
Worst
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Babylon, NYMay 30, 2017
I never got paid on time
Never got paid correctly
I always got stuck on all my cases
they lie to you
and no one ever wants to help amend any situation
Producitve
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, NYMay 16, 2017
I go inside patients home, get the out of bed, walk them to the showers, be attentive and near from the bathroom, walk patient to room to get dress. Afterwards do housework, make lunch and give medication. Make sure everything is stable from them.
Pros
fexiable hours
Cons
short hours
work in people home so if go there can be ok if client ok to be around
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NY 12205May 11, 2017
At first I got plenty of hours and when work ended with client I got offered 4 hours per day. I cannot live on 4 hrs work per day.

typical day get assigned to client go there do what learned in class.

Seeing disabled people and how sad they have no future

Doing work assigned getting nice client..

One Management dept I walked into and they were on the phone talking to the police saying one aid steeling stuff. heard this from different clients, even my client that I was steeling, when no one is steeling there stuff.(we all got finger printed to become an aid)

Learned even though assigned to a client may not work that day if client in hospital or family visiting, so no work no pay.
Pros
Gave employee party
Cons
no health insurance, client in hospital no work not pay
Just dont
Assisting the elderly and disabled communities (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 4, 2017
They forced me to resign because of unfair business practice. On top on being paid less than the average sandwich maker at Mcdonald's, they were under investigation by the dept of labor for shorting paychecks. By the time I resigned, they had been forced to issue a check for hundreds of dollars they had no intention to compensate me with. Horrible office staff and management, they truly do not care about those of us in the field.
Pros
absolutely nothing
Cons
they're still in business, neglecting elderly with ignorance to subpar staffing.
Okay
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 12, 2017
I loved the case I worked because I made decent money and I liked the hours. The downfall is that with consumer direct they won't find you another case, and if you work for the company themselves they don't pay nearly as much.
good place to work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, NYApril 12, 2017
nice place good hours always work with those who don't have transportation learned a lot about talking and taking care of different types of opeople on a day to day basis enjoyed working therer amd feel it gave me beter communication
Pros
location
Cons
sometimes no work
Good job
Certified Patient Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Babylon, NYApril 5, 2017
Do If you enjoy working with the elderly. Must have patience and love to take care of people must enjoy talking and interacting with other and must know how to cook
Pros
Pick your own cases
Cons
Has to bring in time sheet
It was a nice workplace
PCA (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 29, 2017
It was cool but not enough hours to work. Not enough money. The residents was so nice. The management was not always professional and you really couldn't get to anybody in a timely manner.
Pros
Cons
healthcare
Job Opporunity
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 6, 2017
The opportunity to work that these different company was very great. it differently taught me different things in the medical field where i want to extend my horizon in this filed of work.
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 15, 2016
Had a great time working for this company. Being the friendly person that I am, made this position much enjoyable. Working with people that can't sometimes physically prepare meals and even bathe without assistants, meant that I could be their helping hand.
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 9, 2016
taking care of clients. attentive care had great customer service skills when talking to fellow employees. they had alot of great cases. clients for the most part was really nice. i didnt like that they only had short shifts.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Improvement is much needed!!!
Assistant Administrator/Quality Assurance Director (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJune 4, 2016
For an industry that is all about customer service, much improvement is needed. This company should re-trace the industry roots and reason behind their in business. That's to provide customer service and support to travelers.
Company
Home Health Aide/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 7, 2016
As a whole, the company and staff were great. I loved to go into the office and talk with the staff and when my paperwork needed to be corrected, I was glad to make the corrections needed. They really care about their employees and their welfare. The staffing coordinators were great on keeping me busy with clients and matching with clients that were suited for my personality. If I had not moved, I would still be working for them.
Pros
great staff