Atwater Elementary School District

Atwater Elementary School District Employer Reviews

AESD was great to work for
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Atwater, CAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: the children
Cons: underprivilieged children
I worked as a temporary employee, substituting in various classes. Although this did not become my career choice, I certainly gained experience in presenting to groups and became adept at delivering information in a way that held the attention of my audience.
Campus Supervising
Campus Supervisor (Current Employee), Atwater, CAMarch 21, 2014
Great experience working with all the staff and children at multiple schools. Been fun and very exciting.
Highly satisfied
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atwater, CAOctober 27, 2012
Pros: every aspect of working for a school district is a pro
Cons: lack of budgetary monies to adequately support classified employees
As my job with the school district was multi-faceted, my days were full of fun and challenging tasks. The administrators were fantastic to work for, and it was a pleasure to work at the district office. My co-workers were wonderful and supportive. I learned that I was a very creative and successful person. I learned that, with the positive support of a boss, an employee will perform at 150%. Every task I performed for the school district was appreciated, and I worked really hard to impress my boss. I fully support educators and the work they do to prepare children for the future.
Very good work environment enjoy working with people
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Atwater, CAJuly 6, 2012
Learned how to maintain records, Miles for the school bus drivers, pay invoices for the school food department.
Horrible if you expect value as a worker
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee), District OfficeFebruary 25, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: advancement opps. are minimal.
I had worked there for (5) years and enjoyed all but my last year; the newly hired Assistant Superintendent, previously a school principal, could not stand my power and knowledge in the position I held and was HIGHLY appreciated and respected by her predecessor. The district hires within and pretty much you need to know someone and be related to or married to someone to get hired and keep your job; either classified or certificated.
Truly a sad situation.

October 27, 2012

I absolutely agree. Most hires are of people who know people. And, usually a new administrator will eliminate district Iemployees, to get someone from the outside they know, hired. Human resources is a good example; an example of long standing, highly qualified district employees being ignored, to hire a friend from the outside. When you are dismissed (regardless if it is "budget issue") from a school district, it destroys your credibility to other school districts. So, when a school administrator gets rid of you, the decision follows you like a black cloud. I understand your pain...