Au Bon Pain Employee Reviews in United States

Au Bon Pain in bellvue hospital
Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2016
the hardest part of my job was having my supervisor starting with me for no apparent reason when i was doing my job. their is no team work here.
my co workers where actually cool i aint have a problem with none of them.
the most enjoyable thing at this job was the customers they would make me smile and laugh.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
supervisors are disrespectful
Petty Coworkers and lazy management
Cashier- CSR (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 16, 2016
One of the worst work environments I've ever experienced. Lack of product... Lack of supplies... Coworkers constantly take turns calling in. Advancement??? Yeah, no! They (management) (corporate) don't like you can forget a raise. Employees who work are overworked! My location has serious theft issues. Hour reduction is constant, you really can't rely on this job as a main income source. Managers have their favorites who never pay for their meals, who take and give food away to friends/family. Inappropriate relationships between management and coworkers, verbal and physical harassment from managers, with no consequences! If guest knew how this company runs and treats their employees in certain sales would drop... HORRIBLE, Panera is better!
Pros
Guest, certain coworkers
Cons
Read my summary..... Everything
Lead Manager, Chris is worthless, everyone is damned lazy
Overnights (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYJune 15, 2016
Sub-par products, common/essential items for such a cafe are out of stock consistently. Customers frequently commenting on rudeness/overall lack of good service. Terrible place to eat, over priced, & even worse to work for. Not a single issue has been with customers, just co-workers & Chris.
Pros
free food/drink
Great enviorment
Team Member, Au (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 14, 2016
A great place to work nice people to work with great location and somewhere to take friends to have a great exprience for coffee,soups,sandwichs
not a fun and stressful environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2016
I don't know if it is my location but I never thought that the store is prepared for their customers. It is hard to work there. It feels like the company does not care for their employees because they did not put any thought into the uniforms. If you can't accommodate for your employees how are you going to help your customers, I have got a bunch of complaints from customers due to the advertising on the menu being misleading.
Pros
free food to a certain point
Cons
healthcare, less pay, uniforms
its okay
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Christiana, DEJune 5, 2016
its ot a great company to work for, the area is very bad and dangerous. i love the schedule .very busy cafe. my management team is awesome. hardest part of the job is the distance. enjoyable part of the job is the customers
Pros
salary
Cons
area
Security and hours, not much else
Barista & Food Prep (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJune 4, 2016
Raises are measly and far and few inbetween. Advancement is rarely seen as they normally outsource to other stores if an opening were to open up. The low pay(not to mention the stores policy towards not allowing tips) does not fully compensate for the amount of work that you is expected of you during shifts.
Pros
you get paid, security
Cons
long hours, almost no advancement/ incentives, no tips
Stressful
Cashier/Server/Catering (Current Employee) –  Providence, RI 02905May 21, 2016
Stressful, Interferes with School they schedule you on school days in the morning even though I attend school. Co-Workers are fun and nice to work with. Other than management I like the job some what.
Maintenance and Prep
Food Bar Prep & Server (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 17, 2016
What I enjoyed was the learning experience in Prepping, measuring, and serving a diversity of patrons as they come. I am and was always good with time management.
Pros
Paid timely manner
Cons
No benefits
Fast paced bakery cafe in busy hospital
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 12, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help people. Whether they are doctors and nurses or patients. I love putting a smile on people's faces.
enjoy my customers
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2016
loved my shift and loved my customers the most .thuis job was very easy once you got the hang of it . some of my coworker was a delight to work with also some of my manager were the best .
Pros
didnt work weekends
Cons
it was slow summers so no work in the summer
Terrible Management
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 28, 2016
Too many manager/associate issues.The lack of basic human value was horrible. The work week was not normal so you could end up working 8 10hr shifts in a row, sometimes more.
Pros
Gain experience
Cons
Not a friendly work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 27, 2016
The managers treat their employees like they are garbage and there is a lot of favoritism when it comes to hours. If they don't like you.You won't get any hours
Fun place but was ghetto
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2016
I was there when AU BON Pain reopened back up after hurricane sandy took the store down. The management there sucked and everyone was either leaving or constantly getting fired.

I was constantly picked on by management for not knowing too much about the food products or how to make certain entrees.

Some of the coworkers there were cool, but the place was filled with drama and ghetto people.

I would only recommend it to those who would want to make fast cash or college students looking for part time jobs.
Pros
Discount on food products, and good hours
Cons
Short breaks, management.
Sales and Bottom Line focus only!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2016
As a sales and bottom line focus business, ABP lacks the care for its teams that should be the secret weapon to grow any business. high turn-around and low team moral, makes it a difficult company to work for
fun place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJApril 20, 2016
Good atmosphere for the community. the pay is very minimal for the amount of work they ask of you. the management is terrible and needs better management.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
Minimum pay
awesome
sandwich maker, stock, inventory (Former Employee) –  400wabash ave Akron OhioApril 20, 2016
If you like food and learnig how to make tastey health meals this is the job for you the enviorment is fun once you learn everyone and vise versa, the food is good your customer are kool, for GOD sake they are doctors and nurses medics, emt, MDs!! its a good way to enjoy serving people who serve you
Pros
everything
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2016
Its a very good company with flexible hours for all employees to work at a convenient time schedule. A typical day at work is very fast and out going because the cafe gets very busy and all employees have work to carry out on a busy day of work. What i learned with the company is honesty and serving customers with hospitality and provide a friendly and dedicated service to all of our customers. Management is okay but can be more better because there can only be one manager on schedule for the day and not two managers. Co-workers are friendly and work as a team to carry out the day's main goal (serve customers). The challenging part about this job is not satisfying any customer that has a complaint about something. The most enjoyable part of the job is work flexibility and job performance.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
pay for food
Worst place i ever worked
Cashier/ Customer Represenative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2016
this place was small and always over crowded, the only good thing was working with customers. co-workers were out of control, there was respect in the work place, workers were doing whatever they wanted to do.
Pros
working with the customers
Cons
not enough money for the work, co-workers were a mess
worst place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 30, 2016
they dont want you has an employer to grow and the management is poor always got issues. employees have no manners to customers at times and the punctuality of others are very bad