Au Pair in America Employee Reviews

fun work place
Au Pair (Former Employee) –  philadelphia, USASeptember 15, 2017
as an au pair you work 45 hours a week and you get 2 weeks paid vacation time.

It's an amazing experience to learn about another culture, to grow as a person and about working with children.

I loved working as an au pair and would do it again any time.
Exchange
Student exchange (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 4, 2017
This exchange changed my life forever!! Because I lived in United States for 2 years learned so many things like be independent and mature and of course now I speak fluent English.
Pros
Travel friendship and new culture
Cons
Salary
Experience of a life time
Au Pair (Former Employee) –  Boston , MAAugust 29, 2017
Great experience . Living abroad teaches you a lot about life and yourself. Taught me how to work with children in different situations. Opened my eyes to how different cultures raise their children. Made friends all over the world.
Pros
A lot of time off and getting to travel
Cons
Far away from family and close friends
Ambiente relajado
Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2017
Es una gran empresa que nos permite conocer sobre nuevas culturas y a la ves mejorar el idioma, muchas personas optan por este trabajo puesto que es una de las formas más eficaces para crecer como persona. Además, les garantiza a las familias que optan por contratar a una niñera que está empresa cumple con todos los requisitos necesarios en cuanto al cuidado de niños,
Pros
Seguro médico privado
Cons
El rematch
1 Year Au Pair Program in MN
Au Pair (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNAugust 7, 2017
I was placed with a wonderful family and received Insurance and had a great contact with my coordinator. They helped me as I adjusted to life in America and with my family. It was a great experience that I would recommend to others.
Excellent Employer
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 20, 2017
Excellent support by management.
Never felt like I was working alone even though I worked in DC and the HQ was in Connecticut.
This was an excellent training ground for someone like myself who likes to be challenged and is solutions driven.
Pros
Self-paced
Cons
None.
Buen trabajo, excelente experiencia para aprender de la vida
Au pair (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJune 26, 2017
Excelente experiencia para madurar, aprender sobre la vida, tomar decisiones, mejorar como persona, aprender sobre responsabilidad, y a conocerte a ti mismo.
Pros
la familia paga hospedaje, comida, transporte, educación
Cons
si no te gustan los niños no es lo tuyo
Empresa confiável e boa de se trabalhar.
Au Pair (Former Employee) –  Connecticut, USAMay 18, 2017
A Au Pair in America me deu total apoio durante todo o período do meu intercâmbio. Quando passei por dificuldades, ela me proporcionou soluções e apoio.
Amazing experience and best way to learn new languages and cultures
Au pair in America (Former Employee) –  BaltimoreMay 8, 2017
Au pairing is a great chance to learn and explore. By taking care of kids you are able to see many places and meet amazing people from all over the world.
The best family
Au Pair (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 2, 2017
I had experience with an amazing family and I had the best year of my life.
I love my autistic children they are twins and 7 years old.
I was so happy during my year and I had a lot of fun!
I love them and I keep touch with the whole family.
Pros
I learn a lot
Cons
They don't need an au pair anymore

Want to know more about Au Pair in America?

Ask a question
Awesome Life experience
Au Pair (Former Employee) –  Chicago, Illinois, USAApril 5, 2017
As a child, I always wanted to be an au pair. I struggled with the new environment in the beginning but soon felt at home and got on with my daily chores.
My American family were extremely supportive and always happy for me to run the family household. We are still in contact and they even attended our wedding in 2004.
Best experience
Au Pair (Current Employee) –  United State Of AmericaOctober 17, 2016
Working 10 hour shift
Family of 5 kids
Full day responsibility 2 babies, a baby girl from 3months to a year and 3 months and a boy from 1 and a half to 2 and a half years older. After school a 5, 6 and 8 year old
Patience is key
Made me exceptionally strong and independent
Being on my own and dealing with culture shock
Learning to love these kids as my own
Pros
Everything was provided for me. Accommodation, food, transport, etc
Cons
Long hours, hard work, no free time
Fun place to work
Au Pair/Nanny (Current Employee) –  DarienOctober 3, 2016
Good organization
Great way of learning about American culture
Affordable
Teaching
Helps improve language
Formative program
Makes you independent and responsible
Pros
Free housing
Cons
Not much personal time
Culturally Enriching Experience
Au Pair in America (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 6, 2016
Lived with an American Family in New Jersey and Massachusetts. Fulfilled all responsibilities attaining to the children on a daily basis, between 5-10 hours per day. Travelled independently throughout the East & West coasts and Hawaii.

Hardest part of the job was balancing a working relationship with the family as well as a personal one.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the children grow and develop and helping them do that.

I learnt a lot about myself but also about adults, children and families and how communication can make or break relationships with people. I met a lot of interesting people from all around the world in this job.

I would wake up around 7am, make the children breakfast, get them dressed, drive them to school, plan activities with the younger children. Paint, play outside, bake etc. I would cook the whole family dinner for when the parents got home. Do some light house work such as wash the children's clothes, tidy their rooms etc.
Pros
Trips/ Vacations all paid for
Cons
Long hours, low pay
Buena oportunidad para una formación integral.
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJAugust 18, 2016
Conocí a mas afondo mis virtudes, areas de oportunidad y mi actitud hacia la solución de problemas.
Aprendía respetar culturas y pensamientos diferentes a los míos, así como el valor y la administración del tiempo.
Fun and Educative
Au Pair (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2016
The experience with my family was great, I still have contact with them and I still stay with the kids for fun. The kids loves me and like to spent time with me a lot.
I used to work Monday to Friday 7 am until 8 pm and on Saturdays 7 pm until 11 pm.
It was and amazing experience.
Pros
Free food
Cons
short dinner
Fun workplace
Au Pair (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2016
Typical day would start at 7am. i would prepare breakfast and wake up the kids. Feed them and get dressed for school. Would drive to school or put them on the bus. Whilke they at school i would do laundry and clean their bedrooms. Once they return i check backpacks and their note books. We rtelax and have a little snack which is followed by homework , reading time and then a nap. hardest part of my job was when the kids would refuse to listen to me or go into their tantrum phase. The most enjoyable part was when i got to travel with the family and just spending time with the kids.
Pros
Free travelling
Cons
Long hours at times
bonne organisation
Fille au pair (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 21, 2016
ce fut une très bonne expérience qui a enrichit mon anglais et qui m'a laissé des souvenirs mémorables
Au pair for two kids
Au Pair (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2016
A typical day is where I taken the 2 year old to a Mommy and Me class, then come back home, eat lunch, have nap time, do laundry, cleaning, etc. Picking up the 6 year old from school, playing with them, helping with their homework, cooking dinner, bathing them and put them to sleep
Pros
Free food, free phone line, credit card, own room and bathroom, and salary
Cons
It´s like being a maid
exelente experiencia de vida
Au Pair (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 8, 2016
Trabajar como Au Pair en Estados Unidos fue una experiencia muy enriquecedora. Esta empresa me brindo toda la informacion necesaria para poder desempeñar de manera exitosa mi trabajo. Au Pair in America es una empresa que no deja a sus empleados de lado, si no que nos brindan todo el apoyo que necesitamos.
Ademas de mis labores en el cuidado de niños tuve la posibilidad de estudiar Ingles y al mismo tiempo ponerlo en practica durante los dos años que estuve viviendo, trabajando y estudiando.
Al principio tuve dificultades en la comunicación ya que habían varias cosas que no entendía, pero con paciencia y persistencia logre superar todos mis obstáculos. Parte de mi personalidad es ser muy positiva y siempre trato de buscar la mejor solución cuando se me presenta un problema.
Pros
Ingles

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Au Pair in America. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5