Au Pair in America

Au Pair in America Employer Reviews

Fun day with the boys
Au Pair (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAJune 24, 2014
My day would start early, around 7 am. I cooked breakfast for the boys I took care, then I took then to school and had a break. Once they got back home from school, we did home work and play out side until the parents got home.
fun work place but too many hours for little monney
Au Pair (Current Employee), Manhasset, NYMay 27, 2014
Pros: free suport and free lifehood, some studies paid
Cons: short breaks, too many worked hours
I will wake up the kids, help them get dressed, give them breakfast, taking them to school, picking them um from the bus, helping them with homework, cooking them dinner, playing with them or doing different activities and crafts. I learned that kids could be so much fun but in the same time so much work. I like to hear they stories and to analize they – more... way that they are looking at the life. They are so sweet and lovers, you could cuddle with them all day. Even though it's like a routine, many times during the work hours, there are some unexpected situations when i have to deal with stressful situations and when i have to take the best decision in the shortest time possible. I see it like a challenge to exceed my own limites, to be more responsible and mature. This experience prepares me for life, especially when i will have kids : i'll know exactly what i'll have to do. The hardest part of the job i think it will be the part when you can't get to a common point with the kids, when they have to do some chores or simply they won't listen. It also depends a lot they way you handle this situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is definately the cultural exchange. You get to meet so many people from all over the world and to travel in places you never thought you'll go. You experience new cultures and costumes, new food and lifestyle. It's amazing. – less
Living on a nice house with a great american family
Au pair (Current Employee), Livingston, NJMay 5, 2014
Pros: payed cellphone, gas and provide me with a car for myself
Cons: irregular schedules
A typical day at work, begin from taking the kids to school, after picking them up, be ready of every compromise they have, sports, extra lesons, driving, dropping off, homeworks, preparing dinner, lunches, shower them, put them in bed.

I have to mantain the house in order, if there are thing to buy I have to be in charge.

My co- workers I could say – more... are the parents indeed. I have to be in touch with them for the planning of days, any change, emergencies, so basically its a very multitasking job.

The hardest part of the job, living in the same house that is the same place were you work, so you don´t really have a space to yourself.

The most enjoyable part is hou you get to understand other religion, culture, even eating habits, how I´ve learn to respect other people space, way of thinking, things, and habits. Also I always have to be respectfull and have a good presentation, because I have to be in tpuch and with different people around me all the time. – less
Fun place to work at
Au Pair (Former Employee), Stamford, CTApril 8, 2014
My placement in the Au Pair program was awesome! I gained new cultural experience and I was motivated to work in a team environment.
Good experience
Au Pair (Former Employee), Armonk, NYMarch 23, 2014
A perfect experience for who wants to learn a new culture and improve english.
A fun way to see the world and develop childcare skills
Au Pair (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 5, 2013
Pros: no expenses
Cons: no job advancement
It was an interesting and ever changing role; no two days where typically the same. I learn't so much from this experience. It helped me to develop as a person.
Amazing year abroad
Au Pair (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 5, 2013
Left France and familial cocoon right after graduation from high school to widen my horizons. Lived in host families, shared American's everyday life, took part of the families' trips to different states within North America, Mexico, and Costa Rica.

Being the parents' helper on all sorts of tasks in the house, as well as away from their home, developed – more... my responsibility skills, my self-confidence, my independence, my spirit of initiative, and also helped me gain in maturity. – less
awesome and rewarding opportunity
Au Pair (Former Employee), North Andover, MANovember 27, 2012
Pros: watching the children grow
The family that I was with were awesome, we did many acitivities with the 3 kids as a family and when I had them during the day we would go on field trips. It was difficult at the time because the twins were 6 months old and the 3 yr old has down syndrome, so her mobility was about the same as the twins crawling. We had therapists coming in to work – more... with her on her speach, walking. I learned to be very patient when I was with the children, scheduling is very important with children with special needs and we had to accomodate for that. The hardest part of the job was to get meals prepared when all 3 of the children were upset at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see the children hit their milestones when they did, such as when the 3 year old was able to walk a few steps on her own. – less
Best Job Ever!
Au Pair (Former Employee), Washington, DC. Brooklyn, NY. USANovember 10, 2012
Pros: three weeks a year vacation and travelling with the host family!
Cons: no cons!
It was extremely interesting learning about a new culture and taking care of two boys at the same time. I had a lot of time to travel, etc. I met amazing people from all over the world and got to live with an amazing american family!!!
Life Changing Experience!
Au Pair (Former Employee), VAFebruary 2, 2012
Pros: learn english, discover the american lifestyle
Cons: homesickness, culture shock
Being Au Pair is def an life changing experience. I had the chance to have a great family who taught me English and the American lifestyle. My counselor whom I saw once was totally useless though!
Great Experience
Child Care Giver (Former Employee), MDApril 24, 2014
Pros: family vacations-travelling
Cons: odd hours
A typical day would be getting my two host kids ready for school, breakfast , drop them of at school. I had 2 hours off then would fetch my smaller host kid(3) from school, give her lunch , shower and nap. Fetch my other host kids(6) from the bus stop- Give her a snack, shower. Wake 3 year old up , take both kids to extra curricular activities. Bring – more... them home, day is over.

I managed both their schedules, making sure we where at certain places on time, with everything they need to have.

The hardest part would have been to deal with children's tantrum's and missing home.

I enjoyed the whole experience , trying different food , meeting people from all over the world, travelling but most of all bonding with my host kids – less
Fun Workplace
Au Pair (Former Employee), Durban, Kwa-Zulu NatalDecember 19, 2012
Pros: weekends off
Cons: long hours
start at 7am, get kids ready for school, drive them to school.
go home an take care of baby (9months old - girl), do chores in around the house.
Fetch other kids from school take them to there afternoon activities, come home and prepare dinner and do homework, get ready for bed.
my co-workers (family) were exceptionally well to me and my needs always – more... willing to help me out and give advice when needed the most. – less
Ambiente de trabajo confortable
Au Pair in America (Former Employee), Southbury, CTMarch 20, 2014
Es un trabajo con niños full time conviviendo con una familia anfitriona norteamericana.
Ótimo custo benefício
AU PAIR (Former Employee), Montclair, NJFebruary 15, 2014
Intercâmbio que possibilitou o aprendizado do inglês e convivência com a cultura americana.
Très très bonne expérience
Fille Au Pair (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 4, 2013
Pros: découverte d'un nouveau pays, perfectionnement de l'anglais
Cons: mal du pays (parfois)
Journée : préparer le petit-déjeuner aux enfants et les emmener à l'école, aller aux cours d'anglais, puis aller chercher les enfants à l'école, les aider aux devoirs puis leur donner des cours de français.

Le plus difficile fût l'éloignement familial.

Très bonne expérience, très enrichissante, cela m'a aidé à perfectionner mon anglais, à découvrir – more... une nouvelle culture. – less
Empresa que oferece uma grande oportunidade de uma vivência internacional
Au Pair (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 22, 2013
Pros: moradia, refeição, bolsa estudo
Cons: morar com a família americana
A empresa oferece um programa de intercâmbio muito rico em cultura. O trabalho consiste em morar com a família americana, tendo um quarto próprio, comida, salário de 200 dólares semanais e uma bolsa de estudo no valor de 500 dólares por ano. O trabalho é cuidar da criança dessa família, e tudo que envolve a criança no seu dia a dia é minha responsabilidade. – more... É um programa muito bom para vivenciar a cultura americana diariamente. A parte mais difícil de todo o programa é você trabalhar e morar no mesmo lugar, fazer parte dos problemas que venha a surgir no ambiente familiar desta família, a cultura, a comida e as leis do país.
Mas essa experiência também oferece a oportunidade de viajar muito e conhecer muitos lugares nos Estados Unidos, melhorar o idioma americano, conhecer pessoas, experimentar uma nova cultura. – less
Experiência que ajuda no crescimento pessoal, saber como lidar com pessoas diferentes e aprimorar o inglês.
Au Pair (Former Employee), Monroe, CTFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: viver com uma família americana, conviver com pessoas de culturas diversas
Cons: falta de privacidade e tempo
Apesar de cansativo e agitado, pois o trabalho como Au Pair exige o estudo em uma Universidade americana, todas as experiências foram válidas e conviver com uma boa família ajuda na adaptação e na tolerância cultural.
Empresa que oferece oportunidades
Estudante de Intercambio (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 28, 2013
Tudo o que eu vivi em outro pais foi algo inexplicavel, aprendi muito sobre mim, sobre a vida e sobre outras pessoas.
Aprendi a conviver com pessoas de outras culturas e costumes.
Cuidava de duas criancas maravilhosas e aprendi que essa experiencia nao foi apenas para melhorar meu ingles, mas sim meu eu e que nao importa a idade, o sexo, a religiao – more... (e etc...), todos nos dependemos uns dos outros. Aprendi que minhas duas companheirinhas eram minhas colegas de trabalho e estavam comigo em todos os lugares.
Nao somente aprendi o ingles, mas aprendi espanhol, a fazer novas amizades, a observar coisas e pessoas e a conviver com elas.
Claro que nao e facil e todos nos somos falhos, mas temos que colocar essas coisas que nao edificam de lado para nos conhecermos o melhor possivel e tornar a convivencia agradavel. – less
Empresa que oferece a oportunidade de estudar e trabalhar nos Estados Unidos.
Au Pair (Former Employee), Estados UnidosJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: salário fixo, benaficios e orientações para estudar
Tiive a oportuniddade de aprender um novo idioma, nova cultura e aprendi como lidar com as mudanças pessoais necessárias para que pudesse mergulhar nessa cultura.
Programa de Intercambio que da oportunidade para quem quer crescer como pessoa e profissional.
Auxiliar Administrativo e servicos domesticos (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 2, 2012
Pros: fornece ajuda nos estudos
Cons: nao fornece vale transporte
Por ser um programa de intercambio a avaliacao sera diferente das que ja fiz anteriormente da empresa que trabalhei em 2009.
Meu dia tipico de trabalho e auxiliar em todas as tarefas da casa de da familia americana, que contem 5 pessoas, na qual eu trabalho.
Aprendi muito mais do que o ingles tive experiencia de vida, conheci mais de 11 estados dentro – more... dos EUA, superei desafios, fui a luta, e a quase dois anos trabalhando e estudando aproximadamente por 70 horas semanais, posso dizer que estou preparada para qualquer desafio.
A parte mais dificil do trabalho baseia-se nos costumes e na cultura diferente.
A parte mais agradavel do meu trabalho e ter sempre algo novo para conhecer, um desafio novo para superar e aprender a cada dia algo novo. – less

About Au Pair in America

Meet the ideal child care solution for your entire family... For more than 25 years, Au Pair in America has been the leading – Read more

Au Pair in America Photos